• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016

So, I figured I'd read about what was going on with the 5th Generation Speculation and I come across this. What do I think, honestly? Probably the best renditions I've seen since all the wild images have been going around. These are really good. n_n Though, I think maybe the Fire type was just a tad overdone. The Water type though is really cute, and I love the fur around it. However, the Grass type is my favorite.

I guess it's only a matter of days until we get to see the true identities of these masked starters.

YES- those are made of WIN!
    anywhere between today and Wednesday in america is when i think we will see the actual starters

Lua

dharma bum
    Years
  • im pretty sure the water bear thing is wearing a diving helmet,and its ears are poking out the top..just saying.:D
    yai i cant wait! and i love the grass type design above..although im hoping it'll be a grass-type raptor peacock bird, which would be awesome..
    as for the (fire?) silhouette, im sorry, but gross. spoink needs to lay off the bourbon.

SpawnHyuuga

Elite Four Spawn
    Years
  • *holding F5 on Serebii tab* Come on guyz!

Some of these starters are pretty nice, looking; or at least hysterical looking. Bidoof clones ftw! In the mean time however, that one Calder posted is disturbing, is my head in the gutter or were Torchic and Marill busy...?

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    I checked it in every class period today. I even told my friends about it and they look up Pokemon Black and White. They laughed at the game names though xDD

ya lol i stayed up tday just so i could wait, cuz im hopin its today :3

*holding F5 on Serebii tab* Come on guyz!

Some of these starters are pretty nice, looking; or at least hysterical looking. Bidoof clones ftw! In the mean time however, that one Calder posted is disturbing, is my head in the gutter or were Torchic and Marill busy...?

lmao XD

ummm your not the only one...... i thought that too :embarrass

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2013
    Just to let you know, we probably have to wait for at least another hour, as it currently is 05:40 in Japan.

SpawnHyuuga

Elite Four Spawn
    Years
  • It just seems so wrong to defile Torchic like that. :/

I'm kind of hoping some of these speculations are correct, and others not so much...*thinking about posting my grass starter pics that are fake, but cool*

@ Above: Wow you registered two years ago, just to tell us this one thing now? Thanks! XD jk, thanks for the info I really don't know my timezones. \embarassment

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    *holding F5 on Serebii tab* Come on guyz!

LOL same hahaha
    as for this gen, looking at the speculation and the info we have, i honestly can tell this gen will be my favorite
    and @Bluerang1:
    if those are anything like the new starters i already know that they would all be bumped up to my top ten

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    The Generation Five Speculation Thread
    I got Bored xD.Added a scarf to the Grass one.The fire one is a bird with a Pilot Helmet and Glasses.Water one is a frog.Please Exuse my Fail xD

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • Just to let you know, we probably have to wait for at least another hour, as it currently is 05:40 in Japan.
    ooo really? oh wait I keep forgetting that Japan is a day ahead of America. So its Tuesday over there right now, do they usually get news like this on Tuesday? Then again stuff like this is easily leaked this early.....

Benjamin510

The King of Typio's!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2016
    Just to let you know, we probably have to wait for at least another hour, as it currently is 05:40 in Japan.

O.M.G! 2007!? WELL ANYHOW.... Oops Forgot About Caps...... It Is Confirmed that DPPTHGSS Will Be Compatible With BW. How Do you think it will Work?

I Think Will Be Seeing Some Sort Of Palpark One Way Train.

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2010
    I don't know how much of you actuarly read the text in the pokemon games but if you notice what the team rocket grunt says in hg/ss after you beat him and he tells you where the machine part is "i will go back to my own country and make my own team rocket" he never said excactly that because he was mixing up the words because he was from a different reigon... but he did say that...! I have a feeling team rocket is going to return in these new games! Its a new "country" after all :D
    What do you guys think?

You're not the first to note this, look up in the posts. *looks at his own shimmering post*

I'm almost 100% sure that we'll see Team Rocket Neo-Neo a Go-Go. Mwahahahahaha.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    It just seems so wrong to defile Torchic like that. :/

I'm kind of hoping some of these speculations are correct, and others not so much...*thinking about posting my grass starter pics that are fake, but cool*

@ Above: Wow you registered two years ago, just to tell us this one thing now? Thanks! XD jk, thanks for the info I really don't know my timezones. \embarassment

to be hoenst i hope im right about the order

grass top
    fire left
    water right

b/c i REALLY dont want another ****** fire beginner, i had to be tortured with chimchar to the point where i used piplup, and occasionally turtwig instead
    and with the horrid lack of good fire pokemon in D/P and still very few options in Pt
    i really hope we get some better selections this time

the types that need the most support are:
    Fire
    Ghost
    & Electric (mainly pachirisu needs to evolve)

and we need NO WATER TYPES, weve already got at least 100water types, this time just leave it the the beginner, a tentacool replacement (im sick of that damn jelly fish EVERYWHERE),& maybe 1 or 2 evolutionary lines of water types ^_^

but water doesnt need any support, give fire sum support :P

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2011
    the starter concepts i've seen are alright but this one is kick... um you know what i mean...

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2013
    @ SpawnHyuuga: I made my account back then, but completely forgot about it, so I haven't used it. I'm more of a lurker than a poster. Besides, I don't know timezones either, I just googled "Current time Japan"

Ontopic: I'm really wondering if the ShikamaruMan guy is telling the truth. This is the perfect time to troll, so I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be one, but there's something inside me that wants to believe him. His descriptions do make sense...somehow.

SpawnHyuuga

Elite Four Spawn
    Years
  • It'll probably be just like GSC's compatibility with RBY. You can take Pokemon from Gen IV and bring them to Gen V via Pal Park (or something similar), but obviously you cannot trade Pokemon from Gen V (that are new for that generation), into Gen IV; nor any other Pokemon holding a new item or whom knows a new move.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • fighting, ghost, steel, rock are all resistant to normal/kills normals

normal has no advantage at all, if a normal wants to be any use at all it either has another mixed in type, or it has to learn non-normal moves

its rather unfair to single out normals :P

I figured I'd be explaining this, though I was hoping I'd come back and find there to be 8 new pages of speculation about the leaks that came out but NOO silly CoroCoro couldn't be nice. >.<

Normal resists Ghost so I'd throw that out. I just mean look at normal types, there easily the most diverse in the game, most of them can learn move upon move upon move. Look at Clefable! All Normal pokemon are exactly that!, Normal!! Blissey works not just cause of it's enormous Sp. Def and HP but because of it's huge movepool and good defensive typing. (Not great but only one weakness is good) Plus normal moves generally have higher base strength and accuracy than other types to make up for it. DD Kingdra often runs Waterfall, EQ and Return cause it completes its coverage. Normals advantages are it's diversity, in game they're generally fantastic too...

It just seems so wrong to defile Torchic like that. :/

Yeah I found them disturbing but different senses of humour I guess.

He could have posted in the non-post-counting forums but to have his first counted post now and have registered 2+ years ago, that's amazing. :P

@ SpawnHyuuga: I made my account back then, but completely forgot about it, so I haven't used it. I'm more of a lurker than a poster. Besides, I don't know timezones either, I just googled "Current time Japan"

Ontopic: I'm really wondering if the ShikamaruMan guy is telling the truth. This is the perfect time to troll, so I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be one, but there's something inside me that wants to believe him. His descriptions do make sense...somehow.

Yeah I know exactly how you feel, facts say troll but you want to believe him and what he says sounds like it could really be true...

Last edited:

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    its currently 6:09 in japan, im gonna watch TV tokyo just in case ;)

still normal is diverse in OTHER types, but its own type is horribly over looked cuz it cant land a super effective hit on anythin.

ghost is immune, not resistant :P

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
  • So, I figured I'd read about what was going on with the 5th Generation Speculation and I come across this. What do I think, honestly? Probably the best renditions I've seen since all the wild images have been going around. These are really good. n_n Though, I think maybe the Fire type was just a tad overdone. The Water type though is really cute, and I love the fur around it. However, the Grass type is my favorite.

I guess it's only a matter of days until we get to see the true identities of these masked starters.

finally, a good rendition, those look more suitable.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back