• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyndahog

lol hi
    Years
    I'm wondering why you can see full backsprite in some screenshots but not in others such as Raikou.

And seriously, reusing Entei's sprite? That better be a beta element. One thing I always look forward to in a new game is sprites. >>

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I'm wondering why you can see full backsprite in some screenshots but not in others such as Raikou.

And seriously, reusing Entei's sprite? That better be a beta element. One thing I always look forward to in a new game is sprites. >>

Like someone else said, I think the full back sprites show up when they're doing an attack and then revert back to what we're familiar with. That or it could just be a beta as they didn't finish making full back sprites for all of the Pokemon.

And yeah, I'm hoping that's just for the beta. It'd be waaay disappointing if they didn't make new sprites for all of them.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    Guess what friends made me realise today...

In UK slang, Grass = Snitch, tattle tale. Snake = Snitch, tattle tale as well. These can be spiteful people (stop looking at me like that :P) and being spiteful is sort of Dark and sinister. With the look on it's face now, I thin the Grass starter will evolve to Grass/Dark. Beats /Ground, which I thought it's be then remembered Torterra, or /Poison like Venusaur.

I'm thinking it's limbs will grow stronger making it a sort of Komodo, or I was reading Genesis today and it might be like the Serpent who lost it limbs. Those yellow thing on it could form an ark turning it into a Cobra. But Arbok has to ruin that dream...

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
    i have a question...what exactly is happening in the pic below razor leaf ..see serebii

PokéToast

Want Some Toast?
    Years
    This is how the fire starter will look like in its final evo:

The Generation Five Speculation Thread

xD
    Hmm, I like the way this game is turning out to be. I was sorta iffy on the way the starters look, but I love how the grass one looks in game, so I think I made my choice.

*unless the fire bunny-pig does evolve into bacon*

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015

ya but it you noticed in D/P/Pt(and possibly HG/SS) theyve kept about 90% of the same sprites T_T
    its so lame,i miss it when each game had new sprites, and each version had different spirtes from each other& the 3rd always took sprites from both& made unique ones mixin it up :3
    i wish nintendo would be like the old days where they gave quality games& not just made it for the money.

Major_Tom

Ground control to Major Tom
    Years
    ya but it you noticed in D/P/Pt(and possibly HG/SS) theyve kept about 90% of the same sprites T_T
    its so lame,i miss it when each game had new sprites, and each version had different spirtes from each other& the 3rd always took sprites from both& made unique ones mixin it up :3
    i wish nintendo would be like the old days where they gave quality games& not just made it for the money.
    I agree with everything you said, but back then pokemon wasn't an established franchise. They know that the fans would buy them now regardless of minor flaws.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    I agree with everything you said, but back then pokemon wasn't an established franchise. They know that the fans would buy them now regardless of minor flaws.

lol indeed, i just hope they fix those flaws, it wouldnt hurt hem, theyd get more money, from fans& non-fans

Here is the Pokabu event:
    The Generation Five Speculation Thread

looks tastey XD

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
    Indeed who dosent love bacon?
    Oh and Riding Duel- Acceleration!

I don't like Bacon, it tastes wierd.
    (C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!!!)

Anyways, I thnk we might see an airport in game, I think it's cause of the comment made about needing an Airplane to reach Isshu, I doubt it'd be ridable, maybe if it was in Black.White, it could be how the 'Evil' team leader arrives, or how some famous faces would appear, wouldn't that be sweet?

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Indeed who dosent love bacon?

Oh and Riding Duel- Acceleration!

i love bacon, but i only get it on special occasions T^T
    everyones afraid my cholesterol will get worse lol (yes the skinny guy has bad cholesterol lol)

XD i do love to riding duel lol

I don't like Bacon, it tastes wierd.
    (C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!!!)

Anyways, I thnk we might see an airport in game, I think it's cause of the comment made about needing an Airplane to reach Isshu, I doubt it'd be ridable, maybe if it was in Black.White, it could be how the 'Evil' team leader arrives, or how some famous faces would appear, wouldn't that be sweet?

*cooks my famous super bacon* you cannot resist my cookin, no can :D

ya it would XD

I HAD A BRAINSTORM!!!!! O_O

you know the flying mythical snakes with wings in incan histroy?

what if our grass starter evolves into one of those :3
    grass/flying
    grass/dragon
    grass/poison
    grass/rock
    all those type matches fit into it lol XD

wanna knwo how i thought of that?

looks at the yellow "wings" on its back, the "feathered" tail and the long snout XD

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    A grass dragon would be awesome.
    and best of all it would look dragon, be able to learn dragon attacks, and since its revered as a dragon, but technically a feathered snake with wings, it wouldnt have to be dragon ;)
    which can keep the so called "balance" of the starters lol

Years
    ya that would suck :(
    i hope its even faster to be honest, R/S/E was fast, but all the others move half as fast :(

seriously. diamond and pearl were SO SLOW. i remember i was playing it to get a pokemon (after playing heart gold for so long) and i seriously had to turn it off because it was driving me nuts.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back