• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cystar

Favorite Pokemon is Politoed
Years
  • Yeah i mean i couldnt stand d/p speed platinum was great speed r/s/e was just amazing
    I hoping for platinum speed
    Im praying for r/s/e speed

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    seriously. diamond and pearl were SO SLOW. i remember i was playing it to get a pokemon (after playing heart gold for so long) and i seriously had to turn it off because it was driving me nuts.

ya and the wifi takes FOREVER
    i literally sat for 20minutes waitin for it to finished "communicating"
    my friend was like O.o" ok..... lol

Yeah i mean i couldnt stand d/p speed platinum was great speed r/s/e was just amazing
    I hoping for platinum speed
    Im praying for r/s/e speed

ya Emerald was the fastest, i was like yes finally no more waitin for the ding da dada ding :P

Last edited:

cystar

Favorite Pokemon is Politoed
    Years
  • I thought emerald was a little slower then r/s those were the fastest

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    I thought emerald was a little slower then r/s those were the fastest

felt faster to me, i dunno
    i just hope its fast this time :3
    i also hope the pixelated graphics are upgraded
    cuz it annoyed me how the striaght lines would break up constantly cuz of the slow load -_-"

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    and best of all it would look dragon, be able to learn dragon attacks, and since its revered as a dragon, but technically a feathered snake with wings, it wouldnt have to be dragon ;)
    which can keep the so called "balance" of the starters lol

Yeah and Treeko was supposed to be a Dragon type too and look how that turned out...

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Yeah and Treeko was supposed to be a Dragon type too and look how that turned out...

i know :(
    thats why i had a stroke of genius and proposed an evolution that looks dragon-isk but isnt ;)

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    You're calling those games slow? You should play your beloved 2nd Gen again.

I wonder what the rival/pseudo-rival will look like.

beloved gen2 got revamped in gen4 so i will :P

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2012
    Grass/Flying
    Fire/Ground
    Water/Ice

I'd really like the Grass starter to be Grass/dragon but I highly doubt it will. haha But I can really see the final evolutions being the types shown above.
    Grass moves being effective instead of not very effective because of the ground attibute.
    Same for Fire against water because of the ice attribute.
    The only one that will get the short end of the stick is the grass ( CRIES ;; poor thing! tis my favorite) but meh I'd still luff it to bits. <3

So far I'm pleased with this new generation and I have a good feeling about it.
    Hopefully it'll be better than the Diamond and Pearl. :]

Last edited:

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Grass/Flying
    Fire/Ground
    Water/Ice

I'd really like the Grass starter to be Grass/dragon but I highly doubt it will. haha But I can really see the final evolutions being the types shown above.
    Grass moves being effective isn't of not very effective because of the ground attibute.
    Same for Fire against water because of the ice attribute.
    The only one that will get the short end of the stick is the grass ( CRIES ;; poor thing! tis my favorite) but meh I'd still luff it to bits. <3

i completely agree, i hope we are wrong& it is grass/dragon :3

Waki Tobaye

Now known as City Checkpoint.
    Years
  • i completely agree, i hope we are wrong& it is grass/dragon :3

It'd be awesome that Tsutaaja's final evo would be Grass/Dragon; and it could be a good option; because he's a snake. The best starter in this generation, IMO.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Grass/Flying is more likely. I doubt we'll ever see a starter become a dragon type.

Waki Tobaye

Years
  • Grass/Flying is more likely. I doubt we'll ever see a starter become a dragon type.
    I don't see how a Grass Snake Pokémon would end like a Grass/Flying; and I know Grass/Dragon isn't likely for a starter, but we're just speculating, who knows, maybe this'll be the first time there's a Dragon related to an starter? Or maybe it could end like Charizard...

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I don't see how a Grass Snake Pokémon would end like a Grass/Flying; and I know Grass/Dragon isn't likely for a starter, but we're just speculating, who knows, maybe this'll be the first time there's a Dragon related to an starter? Or maybe it could end like Charizard...

Which is a Fire/Flying type lol, but I'm sure you know that. I'm only saying Grass/Flying because people are speculating on having either a Flying or Dragon subtype. I too am speculating, and I'm speculating that if anything, it's more likely we'll see a Grass/Flying than a Grass/Dragon final evolution.

I know they're going for a sort of reboot to the series, but having a starter that ends up having Dragon as a subtype is stepping a little too far outside the circle. If anything, it'll look like a dragon, which is what I'm guessing you were saying in your post.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    To me Tsutaaja will either be a Grass/Dragon or a Grass/Steel Hydra.Poison does seem likely though but we already have to many of that

Waki Tobaye

Years
  • Which is a Fire/Flying type lol, but I'm sure you know that. I'm only saying Grass/Flying because people are speculating on having either a Flying or Dragon subtype. I too am speculating, and I'm speculating that if anything, it's more likely we'll see a Grass/Flying than a Grass/Dragon final evolution.

I know they're going for a sort of reboot to the series, but having a starter that ends up having Dragon as a subtype is stepping a little too far outside the circle. If anything, it'll look like a dragon, which is what I'm guessing you were saying in your post.

Yep, that was what I was refering to with "It could end like Charizard, too" That it looked like a dragon, but was Fire/Flying.

I'm just saying that I hope it doesn't end like that, because we don't need another 4x SR weakness with 4x Ice and Rock weakness cool Pokémon *coughcoughtropiuscoughcough*

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Yep, that was what I was refering to with "It could end like Charizard, too" That it looked like a dragon, but was Fire/Flying.

I'm just saying that I hope it doesn't end like that, because we don't need another 4x SR weakness with 4x Ice and Rock weakness cool Pokémon *coughcoughtropiuscoughcough*

Yeah, that would indeed very much suck. Someone mentioned a Grass/Dark type and that would be an interesting mix.

As much as a Grass/Dragon type sounds appealing, I just don't think it fits for a starter. Just my opinion though, of course.

Waki Tobaye

Years
  • Yeah, that would indeed very much suck. Someone mentioned a Grass/Dark type and that would be an interesting mix.

As much as a Grass/Dragon type sounds appealing, I just don't think it fits for a starter. Just my opinion though, of course.

Well, if we consider the fact that there has never been a Dragon starter and that Game Freak sucks... D:

A Grass/Dark would be good, too. But I dunno... maybe I was amazed by the idea of Grass/Dragon, that now I don't see any othe combination appealing (even though G/D would have 4x Ice Weakness)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back