• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Actually, there is people in Kanto saying there is problem with the polution (Vermillion and one other city), but that's about it. Bet its just the only way they could Think of to add grimer to the game :) but, what I'm saying is that they dont HAVE to make an exact copy of the place they base the region on, so dont worry about pollution will ya?

I wasn't worrying about it, but speculating. Isn't it about time we stop talking about california, new york, and pollution?:laugh:

Do you guys have anything you wish to speculate about? How would you feel if they added more 'emotions' to the games. Like you know the kind that was present in PMD, if you get what I mean?

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    at the bottom of the first picture you can see the grass tiles :D
    In the second one, there's garbage cans :D
    i love the top-of-building view in the third one :D
    fourth is the Huin City Art :D
    and the fifth one is my favorite- don't know why.................... :D
    speculate away

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Its def. New York I mean I lived in New York for a year I remember and it looks exactly like New York...look at the starting trainers...they look like New Yorkers...its like its what New York would be if Japan took over the US
    Lol, japan would have taken over the Us if they had won WWII... then maybe we wouldn't have to wait until march for BW...

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Yeah, I have no doubt, thats where I'm going to school, but I just wanted to give people a different perspective. lol your right, I bet it would have the same exotic feel if Japan owned NY. They basically do if you thing about it. They own Rockerfeller Center, and the Chrysler building

Not anymore. After Japan's bubble economy went bust in '89 soon after the buildings were sold. NBC owns the space rockefeller center is in, and Abu Dhabi Investment Council owns the Chrysler Building.

well that is off-topic, but to relate to it what do you guys think of prices changing in the pokemart (like in the real world prices change), or a massive pkmn company secretly buying up buildings and areas of Isshu with the intention to do something bad with them (maybe working on the bad guys side)? Idk, I just thought about it when reading what Euonymus wrote.

Basically it's all about making pkmn were entach with the real world.

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2012
    What's through the alleys?

Muggers and Drug dealers lol. jk, are you talking about the middle picture? I have no idea it looks like just a plain old WM dumpster.

Wow I didn;t know that Pipvoda. Shame on me thanks for the info. Tishman Speyer owns most of Rockerfeller center though with them also having a 10% interest in the Chrysler building

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Lol, japan would have taken over the Us if they had won WWII... then maybe we wouldn't have to wait until march for BW...

Nintendo pisses me off with us having to wait so long. though I guess there are some logical reasons behind it. I'll just buy HeartGold, a new emerald, PMD: Expofsky and play through those and finish Platinum, Pearl, SS, PMD: Blue Rescue Team.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Muggers and Drug dealers lol. jk, are you talking about the middle picture? I have no idea it looks like just a plain old WM dumpster
    An evil team based on the evils of Capitalism, lol, maybe an evil capitalist... the team plans to take over Wallpoke(wall street) and causes it to crash...

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2010
    am i the only one that realizes the graphics are only 3d when ur in huin city and on the bridge? the rest of the graphics are 2d like heart gold and soul silver.

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2012
    Nintendo pisses me off with us having to wait so long. though I guess there are some logical reasons behind it. I'll just buy HeartGold, a new emerald, PMD: Expofsky and play through those and finish Platinum, Pearl, SS, PMD: Blue Rescue Team.
    Yeah it shouldnt take months, but the tradeoff is that they pound out games at a yearly rate, so I don't mind. Plus you can always get the JP version pretty readily.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Yeah it shouldnt take months, but the tradeoff is that they pound out games at a yearly rate, so I don't mind. Plus you can always get the JP version pretty readily.

yeah maybe I'll buy the Japanese version for collector's sake :D. I don't understand Japanese so it would be pretty hard to understand!

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    at the bottom of the first picture you can see the grass tiles :D
    In the second one, there's garbage cans :D
    i love the top-of-building view in the third one :D
    fourth is the Huin City Art :D
    and the fifth one is my favorite- don't know why.................... :D
    speculate away

not bad, they do sort of appear 2D but really you can't expect to have a 3D view of everything in the game since we can't see everything from a 3-dimensional angle all the time in the real world.

things look a lot more realistic than in past games though. Like yeah gen IV's graphics were amazing but they still felt fake. Hiun city and even the other screenshots makes me think black and white will be a more surreal feeling to pkmn.

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2012
    yeah maybe I'll buy the Japanese version for collector's sake :D. I don't understand Japanese so it would be pretty hard to understand!

I could help you there,lol. Most Jp games have an option for English, but I've never bought a Japanese Pokemon version, so I wouldn't know. I think I might now since they changed Tin Tower in HG/SS to sound like a telephone company.. how degrading of a historic landmark

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2010
    I could help you there,lol. Most Jp games have an option for English, but I've never bought a Japanese Pokemon version, so I wouldn't know. I think I might now since they changed Tin Tower in HG/SS to sound like a telephone company.. how degrading of a historic landmark

i have heart gold in jap.. there is no english option. but luckily there are english ppl out there who translate jap and put it online in a walkthrough

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    am i the only one that realizes the graphics are only 3d when ur in huin city and on the bridge? the rest of the graphics are 2d like heart gold and soul silver.

i saw it too lol
    looks like nintendo is bein lazy again, even tho theyve had wat? 6years to work on this >.<

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    ok, i just have to show you guys this picture by Aonik
    Spoiler:

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    ok, i just have to show you guys this picture by Aonik
    Spoiler:

thats pretty awesome XD

hey which pokemon from previous gens will show up?

im hopin sentret will be early on, just cuz its adorable, or maybe the perfect HM slave bidoof/bibarel lol

im hopin elekid is wild :3

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back