• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
  • Tissue will be huge i know :3
    ......ya that was a lame pun i know -_-" but i couldnt resist :P

the battle system will be great, but im beginnin to fear itll be on the 3DS
    cuz the DS cant handle that, it lags in saffron city, & hearthome city which i odnt understand why hearthome, i can see why saffron lol
    if its not on the DS,i hope they put it on DSi, cuz im not wastin my money on a virtual boy repeat.

nope, this is definately staying on DS, and Saffron doesn't lag, that's probably only your copy cause my SS runs perfectly.
    The DS can handle this type of stuff.

remember, DS game memory is stored on the cart, and with the way technology is advancing these days, small Carts like the DS game carts can hold alot.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015

nope, this is definately staying on DS, and Saffron doesn't lag, that's probably only your copy cause my SS runs perfectly.
    The DS can handle this type of stuff.

remember, DS game memory is stored on the cart, and with the way technology is advancing these days, small Carts like the DS game carts can hold alot.

ya true, stupid ROM -_-"
    i really need a hard copy, itd be the best bday gift lol (may21st everyone ;) )

i hope they allow pokemon to follow you again :3

cystar

Favorite Pokemon is Politoed
    Years
  • ya true, stupid ROM -_-"
    i really need a hard copy, itd be the best bday gift lol (may21st everyone ;) )

i hope they allow pokemon to follow you again :3
    i think they will i mean its only a beta game so far and everyone loved it in hg/ss u know

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    i think they will i mean its only a beta game so far and everyone loved it in hg/ss u know

ya they need to please the fans :3

I don't think it'll be there tho. Pkmn following you, I mean. Just saying.

We can survive without it, can't we? They have alot in these games!

no we cant, that was the best thing about HG/SS the opportunity to hav your team walk wit you, it was nice to see them walkin wit you, instead of always alone throughout the entire game, which has become stagnant& borin

think about it 500-600 pokemon& ANY of them can walk with you, wouldnt that make the game even more enjoyable?
    instead of watchin your borin lil self walk alone, plus it would help evolve friendship pokemon earlier so you can take full advntage fo their evolutions movesets :3

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • Of course it's enjoyable, and I'd love it if they broguth it here too, I'm just saying it looks dark. But I mean, look at the graphic! They might even not have the space for walking Pokémon on top of that!

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Of course it's enjoyable, and I'd love it if they broguth it here too, I'm just saying it looks dark. But I mean, look at the graphic! They might even not have the space for walking Pokémon on top of that!

i didnt think they had the space for the 3D huinn city& i was wrong :3
    we will just hav to hope that we get ourselves 500odd follwers lol
    if not i hope they do amity park-ish thing, where you can walk with any beginner
    pachirisu, pikachu, exc. :3

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    Tissue will be huge i know :3
    ......ya that was a lame pun i know -_-" but i couldnt resist :P

the battle system will be great, but im beginnin to fear itll be on the 3DS
    cuz the DS cant handle that, it lags in saffron city, & hearthome city which i odnt understand why hearthome, i can see why saffron lol
    if its not on the DS,i hope they put it on DSi, cuz im not wastin my money on a virtual boy repeat.
    I'm pretty sure itll be on DS, and I haven't had a single copy of any game on my DS that lags. Except DQM when I closed my DS and reopened it it turned off.

I really hope it isn't on the 3DS then Id just have to buy another one.

Id love if you could see which pokemon use HMs in the field like if your blastoise used surf instead of a black blob youd see blastoise.

Last edited:

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Yeah, amity square thingy seems good. but bigger and better. Say, some cities you can walk with your Pokémon in?

that would be cool :3 not as good as HG/SS but nice for B&W
    and then the 3rd installment could bring back the walk anywhere thing :3

Esmas

General
    Years
  • WOW...I come back a few weeks later and there's this incredible news on the starters! I must say, these are some of my favourite Pokémon designs other than the Johto starters. It's a hard choice, though I'll most likely go with either the Grass- or Fire-type starter. Brilliant designs, again.

I still think they're hiding the 'partner Pokémon' feature, though, or at least they'll wait until the third version to add it. HG/SS was 1000 times more fun with the addition of that feature, so it makes no sense whatsoever to completely eliminate it.

For the first time in my life I'll be pre-ordering the Japanese versions. This just looks so incredible.

Oh, and I'm just wondering; Will the PokéWalker have anything to do with this?

Last edited:

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    WOW...I come back a few weeks later and there's this incredible news on the starters! I must say, these are some of my favourite Pokémon designs other than the Johto starters. It's a hard choice, though I'll most likely go with either the Grass- or Fire-type starter. Brilliant designs, again.

I still think they're hiding the 'partner Pokémon' feature, though, or at least they'll wait until the third version to add it. HG/SS was 1000 times more fun with the addition of that feature, so it makes no sense whatsoever to completely eliminate it.

For the first time in my life I'll be pre-ordering the Japanese versions. This just looks so incredible.

WOW...I come back a few weeks later and there's this incredible news on the starters! I must say, these are some of my favourite Pokémon designs other than the Johto starters. It's a hard choice, though I'll most likely go with either the Grass- or Fire-type starter. Brilliant designs, again.

you typed that twice lol :P

i agree ^_^ and i hope their hidin it to keep us in suspense lol

if i knew how id so get the jap versions ^^"

dunno yet, but i hope so cuz ocne i get the pokewalker ill be takin it EVERYWHERE lol

Esmas

General
    Years
  • Bah! My computer's lagging so I posted it twice .___.

The Pokéwalker would be great if it came with Black & White since it was a fun little addition.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 7, 2015
    Just so some people are aware, the 3DS is a whole brand new handheld, like the DS is to the GBA. If BW was on 3DS, you'd know; the graphics would be a lot better (imagine a bit better than the PSP). BW is most definitely for the DS.

tvoza2

Armored Skarmory
    Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2019
    Let's see, what do I want to see in the next generation...

- Following Pokemon making a return. Also IV breeding items like in HGSS should make a return. As well as apricorns making a return.

If you've watched the gameplay videos, no pkmn is following the trainer, so sadly i don't think its returning.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • It might return. they may be hiding it, or they made it an option, or the player hasn't gotten their first Pkmn yet, or they haven't programmed it yet, or so forth...

But yeah, I really don't think it'll be there. Not in BW.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back