• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Grand Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2013
    ooc: ummm Quasar... you may want to check your signup... you didn't get Eevee, dude.

Fen stood studying the other trainers as they received their pokemon. As a whole, everyone seemed relatively happy with the pokemon they received. Even Kat... who at first seemed upset about the Charmander she had gotten, was beginning to get along with it after a swift headbutt. Watching the headbutt, Fen actually cracked the first laugh anyone had heard since his arrival. Professor Oak seemed to have done quite the excellent job in matching the pokemon with their partners.

Fen's gaze narrowed on Mankey Boy's pokemon and the obvious grin that spread wide across his face. He stood with his Chimchar, and an aura of arrogance.

"Interesting... Mankey Boy...by fate...ended up being a perfect match for the monkey pokemon, Chimchar... My hypothesis continually grows with more and more evidence! Oh this is exciting, I even have the expert opinion of Professor Oak to cite in my research now!" Fen exclaimed as he wrote more in his notepad about Noah's activity.

After writing down, Fen finally began thinking to himself. It was now battle time, a time for careful strategy and cunning. He looked back at Noah and his Chimchar. He began to calculate the upcoming fight, though not in numbers and predictions. A different sort of thought, one reminiscent of watching the battles at the arena in downtown Fortree.

"He's obviously grinning because he received a type advantage over my poor Treecko. This definitely will put a dent in the overall battle strategy. I don't know about Forest's skills because he appears to be more concerned with sleeping than battling at the moment."
    Fen thought to himself, glancing up to the sleeping Treecko on top of his head.

"Well Noah, let us begin our battle as promised. I'll meet you out front, inside the gates... lets avoid those reporters." He said to Noah as he walked casually toward the door. "Thanks again, Professor Oak."

This was a battle scenario, so for the time being. Noah was an opponent. Not a research subject.

OOC: boo... lots of other *super smart* chars trying to join :(

Last edited:

Sharpedochu

Sharpedochu
    Years
  • Name: Rukia
    Appearence; Rukia is a small, thin, wellspoken young girl, having attended Poke'mon school from a young age her dress type is of an upperclass persuasion, her hair flows to the small of her back in a dark blue shade, Her eye's are a dark blue inheriting from her mother, she has a very pale complextion that gives off an almost ill apearence.

Personality; Rukia is very openminded and due to this she has never been able to pass many exam's in the pokemon school in rostboruogh in which she was educated, Due to this she has never been able to select a pokemon starter of her own.
    Rukia is a very even-temepered character theat lives in the shadow of success, as she has watched her rival Roxanne (renound gym leader of rostborough) progress through the school and pass with flying color's, rukia has sat back and played with the shroomish in the Petalburg woods, With this, here favorite pokemon became the grass type.
    At time's Rukia is very brave and will stand up for a noble cause, with this she can become very selfish & stubborn and will continue to argue untill the opponent backs down.

History; Rukia is from an upperclass family, from the age of around 7 she was sent to Pokemon school in the town of Rostborough situated in Hoenn, Her family knew nothing much of pokemon except the pokemon snubbul, and the reason for this is that her mother had one as a family pet, Rukia always refused to associate with it due to it's sassy uncaring nature that made it hard to train or play with, Rukia on the otherhand did not begin to hate Pokemon. She played with her friend Roxanne, Roxanne showed her all the pokemon she loved and hated, Her favorite was the Rock type, Rukia was intimidated by these brute pokemon, especially the pokemon Geodude, This intrigued her more into the world of Pokemon. When she was off from school she loved to read book's, all books, she was clever for her age, and with time, she began to leave the house less and less due to books, only leaving for school in the morning and shopping with her mother. Eventually Roxanne and Rukia became less and less close, Rukai and roxanne then became rivals.

Rp sample; 'shroomish, shroomish!' the little weedballs ran towards Rukia excited by her arrival, they knew she had food for them as always. "hello there little friends" Rukia stated in a friendly voice, pulling out her pack she took a few purple pokeblocks for them to feast upon, then she would pat their heads and wait with them whilst they were eating.
    a few moments later she would exclaim "hmmn.. it's pretty quiet around here guys, wheres all the poochyena and slakoth? theres always a few around here.." Although of course the shroomish wouldent, and could never reply, she would worry herself in her mind.
    getting back onto her feet she would notic Roxanne training in the distance with her Geodude, she woudl hesitantly walk over with the shroomish following scarcly behind. Roxanne noticed her walking over and would flick her hair back, "hmmf.. so you still dont have a pokemon yet? How are you ever gonna' get through school without one?" The geodude flexed its muscles to indimidate Rukia.
    Rukais face was red with temper, so without a good bye or a wave she rand back to the school as fast as she could past all the many other battling trainers and slumped into her desk.
    She knew she was never going to be as good as Roxanne, She had graduated the school the year before with her Nosepass and had inherited the gym along with it.
    Suddenly, There was an anouncement in the classroom over the school radio system
    "Rukia, i have been informed, Over the radio, you have been chosen to collect a new starter pokemon, could you please come over to the office immediatly"

She was frozen in fright and disbelief, she had never won ANYTHING before.. why now?...

Last edited:

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    OOC: Evkay, I'll post in about two hours, as I have to go now and I don't want to make a terrible, rushed post.

Also, Q, I believe Eevee was not selected a starter, perhaps you should check the first post and delete your latest one.

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    By the way, I just love Totodile. XD

Name:
    Roisin (ROW-sheen) Rinku.

Appearance:
    The glamorous fifteen year old known as Roisin is a girl of such beauty that many boys have fell for her upon first sight. Her enchanting and dark long brunette hair falls just at the bottom of her spine. Her chocolate coloured fringe hangs freely; just above her eyebrows which she usually parts in the middle and carefully lays each of the strands of parted hair behind her ears. Her Emerald coloured eyes sparkle eyes are really bought out by her bright orange and yellow skin-tight dress which falls just below her knees. Her dress has a white collar that is pretty much always turned up; revealing her white-gold chain with an intense orange gem encrusted within. Underneath the dress she wears a pair of very dark navy blue -nearly black- cycling shorts that end just below her dress. She sports a yellow bandanna with a pale orange PokéBall emblem. Her pure white running shoes sparkle in the sun as she walks and match her white Coordinator style gloves, with black tips on the end.. She stands at a healthy 5"4' and weighs about 168 pounds. She has blinding white teeth and long black eyelashes. Also despite all Roisin does to make herself look as glamorous as she is, she resents make up and hates to wear it thus revealing her small scars on her right cheek and above her left eye. She has a light brown 'satchel' bag that hangs from her shoulder too her hip.

Personality:
    You'd expect a girl that looks as 'plastic' and beautiful as Roisin too be a complete snob and resent her underlings, but you couldn't be farther from the truth. Having not always been so beautiful she has a very happy and bubbly personality and will make friends with anyone and everyone and she is quick too idolize anybody she sees as a role model. Also despite her looks and 'happy go lucky' personality she is actually rather intelligent and highly gifted with a powerful brain and memory; purposely dumbing herself down and then suddenly surprising people with her genius when she needs it. But Roisin isn't a super human with nothing but good qualities; her bad qualities are less often seen than her good ones but they play a prominent role in her young life. She is a very insecure person due to experiences in her past and the slightest insult to her and she tends to become very defensive and shy which reflects on her attitude and plays on her mind for a very long time. Also her tendency to hold grudges and seek revenge on people is a bad side of Roisin that she performs discreetly, just like her worst quality. Her worst quality has got to be her Machiavellian, or manipulative side, which makes her a complete control freak -like a lot of intelligent people- and often causes arguments. Her worse sides of her personality aren't seen as often as they are almost secretly preformed in an underhanded way.

History:
    Roisin was born in the shining white metropolis known as Goldenrod City. When she was a 3 year old girl she was caught up in a horrific road accident which killed many people, including Roisins' Mother. This is where her life spun out of control. Her once warm and loving Father became very stern and angry. He blamed his daughter for the death of his wife and turned too drink. When Roisin was 5 years old her Father became very abusive and mentally unstable, he would kick her out of the house late at night where she roamed the streets alone, afraid and cold. One fateful day, at the age of 9, Roisins' Father took his own life and Roisin was finally free but know there was a problem, she had no place to live.

Running away before social services could intervene; she took refuge in Ilex Forest. Around the time she became 14 she was found by her Mother's Uncle, Pryce of Mahogany town and lived a life of luxury for the following year. At the age of 15 she won the radio contest to receive a starting Pokémon and become a trainer.

RP Sample:

From Rose Isle Royale, by Loquacity. I used the same character which has been heavily modified for this RP.
    Spoiler:

Trainer Kat

→ voodoo jungle d r u m s;;
    Years
  • OOC: Sharpedochu: You had some minor spelling errors. However, your sign-up as a whole was good, so I feel I can overlook those. Your starter is Turtwig. Accepted.

Jim: ZOMG you signed up<3 Your character matches perfectly with Totodile. Plus, I like the idea of these glam girls with huge monster Pokemon. xDAccepted.

Quasar99: I'm going to be honest with you. I really don't like the idea of you getting a shiny Eevee right off the bat. It's sort of unfair to everyone else.

Degenerate

Immortal
    Years
  • Speedy!

The pain in Patrick's forehead soon subsided and he was slowly beginning to feel like himself again. He joined the rest of the beginning trainers as their pokémon were delivered to them one by one. The professor had briefly explained the screening process they used to decide which trainer was assigned with which pokémon as well as some other points dully noted by Patrick. More than anything, his interest lay with what he held in his hand, a pokéball rocking gently upon his palm. With the push of a button, the sphere cracked open and a stream of red current flowed out, quickly taking the form of a Cyndaquill.

"Cyndaquill!" It announced its presence in a rather proud and happy tone.

"Hm…" Patrick squatted to get a better look at this new creature that would be his first pokémon. It didn't appear very threatening, a tad disappointing, as he had hoped for something with an intimidating presence, something that stood out and made people turn their heads, something like … himself. Many more issues that he hadn't previously considered surfaced in his mind. How would it fair in battle? What did it eat? Could it see despite the fact that its eyes appeared to be closed? He placed his hands beneath its tiny armpits and lifted it to his face to get an even closer look.

He stared. It stared back. Wait, he didn't even know if it was male or female yet. His gaze took a steep turn to the south. Unexpectedly, the Cyndaquill emitted a low growling sound, apparently it didn't appreciate this level of scrutiny. He directed his gaze back to the pokémon's face, just in time to look it in the eye as it delivered a headbutt straight to his chin. The attack, although not powerful, caught Patrick by surprise and forced him to realise the little creature. Patrick's reaction was not one of anger, but one of joy, as he truly interpreted the pokémon's gesture as a sign of admiration.

"I can't believe you headbutted me! I think I'm in love!" He squealed, securing the Cyndaquill in a watertight grip that was all too firm, so much so in fact that she (she was a girl!) escaped his embrace and proceeded to run around the room in a distinct attempt to avoid him. Between Kat and Kozue's legs she sped, all whilst Patrick gave close chase, until he'd finally caught up to her when she took refuge on top Professor Oak's head.

"Come down, now. Be a good girl and get off Professor Oak's head," he pleaded, arms spread out in anticipation of catching her when she jumped. No matter how desperate his appeals grew, the little pokémon would not budge. "Wow, good job at picking this one for me, Professor. She reminds me of myself when I was younger. So stubborn and playful." He laughed. "I don't quite recall being that fast though." By now, his pursuit had fatigued him greatly, causing him to pant heavily. The perfect name for her sprung in his mind at that moment.

"That's it. I'm calling you Speedy. From now on, your new name is Speedy." She shrugged indifferently about it. He reached into his pocket. "And if you come down right now Speedy, I'll give you a nice treat." The pokémon seemed intrigued but wasn't quite ready to buy into his offer, perhaps she believed it to be a bluff. Patrick pulled out the treat in question, some candy in a baby blue wrapper. Finally, she'd bought into his bribe and jumped back into his arms. He awarded her with the candy and this time promised to be more cautious towards her feeling. She buried her nose in his chest, falling silently asleep within seconds.

"Ay, so much for having a practise battle," he said to himself. He was happy nonetheless that she was resting peacefully in his arms. He stroked her gently and figured he'd leave her there for a little bit before putting her back in the pokéball.

With everything calm and peaceful, he walked up to Kat and Kozue, whom seemed rather pleased themselves at the pokémon they'd received. "Aren't they great, you guys? I didn't think a cute pokémon like Speedy would suit such a manly man as myself but … I guess that Professor really does know what he's doing. He's not bad for an old guy." He glanced down at the Cyndaquill in his arms and then back the two of them.

"Anyway, it's almost time for that pokémon battle to go down! I must say I'm pretty psyched. That Fen kid with the weird stalking habits is about to take on Noah. We'll find out once for and all if he really is all talk and no walk."

He followed Fen outside and awaited said competition.

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    OOC: Ph33r my British English >D

IC:
    "Please, move out of the way!"

The sky above was growing darker each second as heavy, iron coloured clouds blocked the once bright and sunny day. Roisin was charging up the road to the worlds most renowned Pokémon research laboratory. She was already over twenty minutes late, and tackling her way through a gang of reporters was the very last thing she needed. Without any prior warning, one reporter stepped out into her path.

"Ted Ursa, from Kanto's Daily Chronicle, are you, a Trainer to be, young lady?"

Roisin could only just stop herself from sprinting. She was so close to the short man when she stopped that she couldn't help but think how far the both of them would of flew if she had stopped a couple of seconds later.

"I'm late," she responded sarcastically as she gently pushed the man to one side and resumed her sprint to her destiny. "Oh for the love of-" she screamed, startled. A loud thunder clap had sent shivers down her spine and set her heart racing. The huge clouds had finally started to let off their heavy rain which would undoubtedly cause her long and straight brunette hair to become water logged when she later left the lab. Luckily she would remain mostly dry for the time being as she had just reached the huge wooden doors. She extended her arms and forcefully pushed the doors flying open. As the door finished opening, lighting flashed and thunder crashed.

I bet that looked dramatic.

Roisin took a deep breath, all eyes were on her. A mob of boys and Pokémon surrounded one girl, about her age. She could feel the girls eyes piercing her...

She took another deep breath and began to explain.

"I'm so sorry I'm late, I came here yesterday, being one day too early, then I had to walk back to Viridian to stay at the Pokémon center, and THEN this morning I woke up late, not only that." Roisin had just spoke faster than a bullet train, she allowed herself to pause and take a breath. "Not only that but I got lost this morning, I ended up just outside Viridian Forest because I was holding my map upside down..." Roisin smiled nervously as she finished. Not usually one for liking too much attention; and also just telling a gang of people she would be traveling with for the next god knows how long, that she cannot read a map, thus letting everybody know how unorganized she was... It's not the best way to start a journey.

"Ah, Roisin I take it?" came a gruff voice from the corner of the room. A gray haired man with a tray full of PokéBalls in his hand approached her.

"P-professor Oak." she stuttered. "It's an honor."

"Thank you, young lady, unneeded however, here, let's waste no more time." The Professor smiled and handed over a PokéBall. Inside the red and white device Roisin's partner for life awaited.

She pressed the button in the center, unleashing the beam of translucent red light. The light started to take shape, and within seconds, her 'partner' emerged itself.

Roisin's face drooped.

"What is it?..." she stared blankly at the azure coloured crocodilian Pokémon. It had observing red irises, sharp claws, red spikes on it's back and tail. But most distinguishably was it's huge and powerful looking jaw.

The Professor laughed at her response. "Here, use this," he chuckled as he handed her a smooth matte device. The device was a deep crimson in colour, sleek and smooth with a black PokéBall emblem on it. Instantly recognizing it to be the infamous PokéDex, she pressed the button which opened up the high tech encyclopedia. The Pokémon's image appeared on the small screen and the PokéDex started to talk, with a cool and smooth female voice.

"Despite their small size, Totodile are very powerful, especially underwater. Immediately upon hatching, the mother will take her newborn brood down to the water to swim and hunt. Despite their strength, young Totodile stay close to their mother for quite some time. Totodile has a habit of biting anything it sees."

"Totodile! I recognize you now, there's a famous dancing Totodile on TV!" Roisin screamed happily, as she attempted too scoop the Pokémon up in her arms. But before she could reach it, the Pokémon dodged and sank it's teeth into her tan coloured bag.

The Professor laughed once again. "It's a common misconception that all Totodiles are hyperactive little dancers, however that's not the case..."

Roisin frowned. No matter how much she flailed her bag around, Totodile would not let go. She turned around slowley. Looking at all the other trainers interacting with their new partners. Why couldn't I have that cute Penguin thing? I'm forever going to be known as the girl with a Totodile stuck to her bag.

She sighed. "Hello everyone, I'm Roisin."

OOC: It was a bit rushed, I established no character in my Pokémon or no interaction with my fellow Rpers because it was rushed, sorry. Also I live in the central timezone so that's he last post for me today. I'll expand on characters and relationships with forthcoming posts :-/

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    IC:

Noah glanced at his Chimchar, intriuged, but not sure why. "Okay, buddy, I'm going to have to give you a nickname if you want to travel with me." The blue-haired boy crouched down beside his red monkey. "What'd be good for, I wonder... How about... Espa? It's perfect!" Chimchar began to run in circles, chasing his tail, that, like a Charmander's, was on fire.

"Well Noah, let us begin our battle as promised. I'll meet you out front, inside the gates... lets avoid those reporters." Fen walked past Noah and said something to professor Oak as he left the building.

Noah hastily picked up his red and white sphere and got Espa to return. The happy boy ran up to the old professor, the Pokemon legend himself, Professor Oak. "Professor... Thank you, so much." The boy couldn't think of anything else to say, instead, he just ran out of the building and past the dozens of reporters, so he could catch up with Fen.

"So," Noah said casually. "You ready for your first battle?"

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    "Charmander's my partner!" Kat happily replied in response to his previous request, despite her initial reaction upon learning the species of her new Pokemon.

"That's great," Kozue smiled as he approached her and another trainer he had learnt to be known as Marcus. The Charmander seemed to have warmed up considerably in Kat's arms and despite its initial defensive growling, he soon found the small lizard to be quite cute.

It was then that one of the other trainers, Fenra, announced his abrupt leave and began heading towards the door, followed by Patrick, who had spent the last ten minutes chasing his own Pokemon around the lab, between his own and Kat's legs and even over Professor Oak. It was an amusing sight.

What came next should have been expected, but Kozue was quite surprised nonetheless. He knew there would be more trainers coming, as he was sure that not all of the starter Pokemon had been received, so when a very pretty girl with long brunette hair appeared at the entrance of laboratory, he couldn't help but deter his attention.

It was then revealed that the new girl was indeed a Pokemon Trainer-to-be and was soon gifted a very enthusiastic crocodile Pokemon, who immediately put to use its powerful jaws by clamping onto its new partner's bag, much to her protests and attempts at flailing the blue Pokemon loose. Then with a sigh, the girl turned to the group and introduced herself.

"Hello everyone, I'm Roisin."

"Oh, I'm Kamada Kozue," he chirped rather suddenly, in an attempt to make the newcomer feel more welcome, "and this is Pocky, it's nice to meet you."

The Piplup in his hands, who had developed a rather bad habit of gnawing its partner's fingers, diverted its attention at the sound of its new name. With a slight nod, it appeared to have acknowledged the girl's presence before returning to snack on the boy's hand.

"Heh, I think he's a little shy..."

"Professor... Thank you, so much."

The sudden raised voice caught his easily distracted attention and forced him to turn towards the professor, where Noah, with his new Chimchar secured, bid farewell to Oak in a rush to catch up to Fenra outside.

"A battle already?" Kozue inquired quietly to himself. "Isn't it a little early for that?"

Glancing towards the cradled penguin Pokemon in his arms, the blonde mop-top gave a small smile before turning towards the door with a now concerned expression, where Noah had just departed.

"I hope they're going to be alright..."

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2013
    OOC: The rain wasn't my idea... just incase you missed it in Jim's post... haha

Fen had made his way outside, pushing passed the reporters with Treecko sleeping soundly on his head. It had begun to rain hard, the thunder rumbled overhead and the water poured heavily on top of them. The small Treecko somehow slept through the pounding water drops but that wasn't surprising, him being a grass type.

"Hey... Forest... wake up buddy" Fen said as he poked the Treecko in the head. "We have to battle, are you ready?" Fen said to his partner.

The Treecko yawned loudly as he surveyed his new surroundings then scurried down Fen's body and made it to the ground, and stretched big. Unfortunately, a reporter had witnessed Treecko wake up and instantly recognized Fen as a trainer. Noah had also made his way to the open field and stood before him. The two trainers stared each other down as the mass of people and reporters swarmed around their vicinity. Chatter could be heard among the crowd as reporters frantically described the situation to television cameras and people conversed with each other.

"I'm here at the official start day as two of the new trainers are already eager to test their new pokemon!" A woman could be heard yelling into the camera over the sound of the rain.

Fen stood as his cloves grew heavy with water saturation, but Treecko, actually seemed to be enjoying the rain. He was hopping around in the ground and splashing in the water.

"heh excellent... Forest is at least awake..." Fen's gaze shifted to the rival in front of him.

"I'm ready whenever you are, Noah. The first move is yours."

Lash

Years
  • "Easy for you to say. You got a Pikachu!" Said Kat, with a scowl.

Marcus stood near Kat and Charmader, as the two started to, "Get along". He wanted to take action when the Charmander went on to attack Kat, as Marcus was developing some small feelings for her, he decided not to interfere with the relationship between new trainer, and new Pokemon. He had released a small smile however, when Kat and Charmander weren't getting at each others throats. His smile faded, however, when the boy she was admiring before walked up with a Piplup. Marcus stayed cool, as he did not want any jealousy to ruin future friendships. He stayed calm while the two had a chat, releasing one smile when he realized that Kat was warming up to her Charmander. Pikachu looked at Marcus one time, barely sensing the feelings he is holding in, but stayed quiet. He then heard, that everyone was giving their Pokemon nicknames.

"Pikachu, how would you like to just be called Pika?"

The Pikachu shook its head, meaning it did not want a nickname. Marcus agreed with it, as he shall not make his Pokemon do anything it doesn't want to.

Marcus walked up to Kat, tapping her shoulder to get her attention. He began speaking:

"Hey, I know that you weren't expecting Charmander; Nor was I expecting Pikachu. Still, want to test out how our Pokemon are, in a Pokemon battle? It looks like a few of the other trainers are going to mingle it out, so how about we do so?" /IC

OOC: Once again, sorry for my delayed post. School is in the way, you know the story.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    OOC: Okay, I believe these guys are starter Pokemon... So, starter moves, yeah?

IC:

"I'm ready whenever you are, Noah. The first move is yours." As he spoke the words, Fen wasn't looking at Noah, his gaze was directed at the ground instead.

Wow, he'd rather look at soil than my face... Is that meant to be an insult or just something people that think they're cool do? Noah was amused by Fen's attitude. "Alright," Noah replied, nodding as he withdrew a white and red sphere from his pocket. "I think you now who my Pokemon is by now, go, Espa!"

A flash of red light shot out from the Poke ball, and Noah's monkey appeared beside him. "Chim?"

"I know it's early," Noah crouched down so he could speak to his Pokemon eye to eye. "But this idiot thinks that if he reads a book, he's the authority on anything, we have to prove him wrong, okay?"

Espa nodded... It was only then that Noah realised it was raining. Damn, that could have an affect on Espa's performance.

"Espa, use scratch!" Noah pointed at the Treeko and watched the monkey leap into the air.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2013
    Fen's lazy eyes shifted into the air as the eager Chimchar leaped out at him with claws extended.

"Hm... starting off offensively as i figured... alright Forest!" Fen called to the little Treecko who had failed to see the battle beginning while jumping carelessly in the puddles on the field.

"Forest! look out for the scratch, try and dodge it!" Fen called to his little partner. Forest looked into the air in time to see the Chimchar descend on him. Forest spun away, attempting to dodge but a claw slipped across his face as he moved to avoid.

Forest rubbed his cheek through narrow eyes. Remembering Forest's drowsy, tired stare, Fen was enveloped with an idea.

"Heh... lets see how well the Chimchar deals with those eyes... Forest! use leer! stare him down and don't blink! Then follow it with a pound! right on his head!" Fen called to the Treecko

Degenerate

Immortal
    Years
  • Action, gentlemen!

"What? A downpour? Now? It was so sunny earlier," Patrick gazed up at the skies in confusion. The raindrops multiplied in number and velocity, tapping on his head in an upbeat rhythm. He immediately took note to the delicate presence in his arms, curled up and defenceless against Mother Nature's authority. Retrieving a pokéball from his pocket, he returned the young Cyndaquill to her safe haven, away from the brewing storm. It couldn't be good, especially not for a fire-type.

The muscular teen pocketed his pokémon and returned his focus to the battle at hand. Watching the pair of amateurs attempting to outdo each other would be interesting indeed. Patrick suspected they both had bigger mouths than they had skill. But who was he to judge?

Another kid walked out into the rain, grasping his penguin-like starter in his arms. Patrick recognized him as Kozue. He'd learned his name, and everyone else's, when Professor Oak had called them forth to accept their pokémon.

"Hey, you're a little late. You missed a scratch attack and an attempt at leer. This isn't the most exciting pokémon battle but I guess we can all learn something from it, you know, being beginners and all. That's the reason I was so interested in it in the first place, well, that plus the fact that they seem to have a rivalry brewing between them. Somebody's about to get their mouth shut and I can't wait to see who it is!" He glanced over at Kozue in the corner of his eye. "Ay, if I'm talking too much feel free to let me know. Maybe you'd prefer to enjoy this match in silence."

Patrick raised a fist high into the air, ignoring the rain that was pouring in abundance now.

"Come on you two! Show us what you're made of! Get serious already! We wanna see some butt kicking! Now's the time to put up or shut up!" He yelled out to the trainers engaged in battle. His goal was to fire them up. Hopefully, that would induce a much more intense battle. "Oh, come on, Fen! If you could battle as well as you could talk, you'd have won already! And you Noah, show us that the pokéballs Professor Oak gave you aren't the only balls you have! Action, gentlemen! Tear each other apart already!"

He folded his arms behind his head and smiled sheepishly. "I think that should get them fired up," he said to Kozue with a wink.

Trainer Kat

Years
  • Kat turned as she felt a small tap on her shoulder.

"Hey, I know that you weren't expecting Charmander; Nor was I expecting Pikachu. Still, want to test out how our Pokemon are, in a Pokemon battle? It looks like a few of the other trainers are going to mingle it out, so how about we do so?"

Kat rolled her eyes. "Ugh, those two?" She chuckled. "Those two are fighting because they're weird." Setting Charmander on the ground, she offered a small competitive grin. "Still, I'm not one to refuse a challenge. C'mon."

At that, she grasped Marcus' sleeve and pulled him to the doorway. Upon discovering it was raining, she frowned slightly. Getting her hair wet was not in her plans for the day. She shook her head and pulled him outside, instantly feeling her clothes dripping with moisture.

Lash

Years
  • Marcus nodded as Kat accepted the battle proposal. She pulled on his sleeve to pull him outside, wanting to get outside immediately for battle. Marcus smiled, though like previous smiles of his, it quickly faded within outsides downpour. Kat kept going, wanting a battle. Pikachu felt the rain against its fur, getting it wet. It didn't mind, however. It looked at both Charmander and Kat, then another look at its trainer. Sensing the anxiousness, a smile emerged on its face. Pikachu clung onto Marcus' head, standing on its shoulder.

Marcus ran to an empty little spot near the lab, and away from the other two battlers. He wanted his first battle to be away from others, not to get any battled mixed up or anything. The eccentric boy ran to his side of the "battle" field. Pikachu jumped down from Marcus, to infront of the trainer, possibly a few feet infront of him. The Pokemons cheeks sparked, meaning it was ready for battle.

"Well, I am ready. You? And, since this is our first match, might we quickly discuss, oh say, a battle win-loss bet?"

Marcus asked, waiting for his opponent to get on her side of the battle field.

Trainer Kat

Years
  • Kat walked over to her side of the field. No, walked was an understatement. The movement the blonde exhibited was a full-on strut. Charmander stood before her. The raindrops slid off his slick, smooth skin. He blinked as water threatened to fall in his sapphire blue eyes. Claws out and teeth bared, the lizard was ready to battle the electric Pokemon.

Though Pikachu clearly had the advantage, what with water conducting electricity and all, Kat felt certain she could pull off a victory. And if she could, the better trainer she would be.

"Hmm.." She smirked. "And the terms of this bet?"

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • [ Ahem, excuse me. The Eevee is a gift from my mom. This means It's not my starter Pokemon of course. It only counts as my second pokemon. You best read my first post aside from my sign up sheet. Anyway, in case you guys wouldn't approve, I would not include Eevee in this post and probably edit my other post if you really wouldn't approve. Please reply back, I really hate ignorant persons]

"Oh, nuts. Another downpour" W. groaned. It's been 2hours since he left from the Lab. He broke to a sprint and dashed to the nearest shelter, in this case a birch tree. There he set up his telescope, and viewed the Proff. Lab. There he saw other trainers, battling each other despite of the heavy precipitation.

He was really suprised to see the other trainers. 'Why I didnt see them before?' he asked. 'I must've entered the back door.'
    It's really interesting to see trainers battling each other. This makes W.'s heart burn. And finally, "Change of plans, Turquoise. We're going back" He named his Squirtle, Turquoise 30 minutes ago. He unpacked his telescope and put on his rain coat, and dashed back to the Lab.

"Finally, back again." he said, exhausted.

"Well, well, well. Back again, are we?" said the Proff.

"I want to see trainers battling..." W. said, still exausted.

"How'd you know there are still trainers?" Asked the Proff. "I've got this." W. said reaching into his backpack and put out his telescope. "I didn't know there are still trainers left, I must've entered through the backdoor. Why you didn't tell there is still trainers?"

"Because they're busy outwitting each other. Also, youre lived the farthest, I believe it's Snowpoint City? Also you came in very late." the Proff. said. "Anyway, there are the other trainers" pointing to the direction.

"Thank you, Proffessor.." W. said, very pleased.

Trainer Kat

Years
  • OOC: Yes, I know. Trust me, I read every post thoroughly. I'm committed to this thing. Essentially, I don't mind the Eevee, but rather, when it hatched. It's fine that your mom gave you the egg, it just seems that you instantly had a second Pokemon. :/

Lash

Years
  • Marcus smiled when he heard her ask the terms of the bet.

"If I win the battle, you have to give me a kiss on the cheek. I know it sounds weird, but you seem pretty confident of a win. If you are infact [victorious], I shall catch a Pokemon for you. Shall I make the first move?"

Marcus said, as he pulled out his Pokedex half way through his small speech. He opened the red device, aiming it at Pikachu to learn its moves, combat style, and data. He smiled learning one of its moves, putting away his Pokedex back into his pocket. While sliding into the pocket, it clicks against the capsule button for Pikachu's Pokeball, enlarging it, unknown to Marcus. He aimed his left arm outwards, claiming out an attack. Pikachu was down and ready for its first battle command.

"Pikachu, use Thundershock!"

Like a pro, Marcus commanded. The electric mouses body quickly became engulfed in electricity. Pikachu quickly released a bolt of electricity aimed at the Charmander. The battle is on.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back