• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Grand Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
Years
  • [So what I'm supposed to do now? If you approve, I won't use it our first trainer battle's. Rather, I'll just nurture it cause It's a baby and it doesn't know any attacks yet. I'll use Squirtle instead. If not....] :(

Trainer Kat

→ voodoo jungle d r u m s;;
    Years
  • OOC: If you don't use it until it's grown, alright. I'll let you keep it. :]

IC:
    Kat blinked, teal hues locked on her opponent. "You want what..?!" She sighed. Great, another boy taken with me.. She didn't have a problem with Marcus, though. The other end of the deal sounded pretty good. And plus, there was no way she would be losing this battle, not with Axel by her side.

"Alright, boy. You have yourself a deal." She crouched down and rubbed the top of Axel's head. "You ready?" she whispered. The Charmander nodded, emitting a soft growl. "Then go," she said, urging the Pokemon forward.

Before she had time to issue a command, Pikachu sent a bolt of electricity Axel's way. He wasn't quick enough to dodge it all the way, and the jolt managed to graze his right side. He growled as it hit, psyching himself up for the fight.

Pulling out her Pokedex, she flipped open the hot pink cover to reveal the screen within. "Now let's see...what moves do you know..."

Scratch: Scratches the foe with sharp claws.

Growl: Growls cutely to reduce the foe's attack.

"Ugh, aren't you a fire Pokemon? Shouldn't you, like, know some fire moves or something?" She thought for a moment. "Well, then, Axel, how about we show that Pikachu just how strong you really are? Use a scratch attack!"

With those words, Axel darted forward, claws bared, ready to swipe at the mouse.

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    The battle between Fenra and Noah was already underway as he approached the small clearing where the two trainers had set up their fight. Patrick was also present on the sidelines, eagerly egging on the two trainers to continue their starting battle. Kozue himself, wasn't too fond of the idea of fighting one another so quickly, especially after just meeting Professor Oak and receiving their very first Pokemon. The situation didn't exactly improve either, when in the distance, he could see both Marcus and Kat beginning a sparring match of their own. He supposed that teaching their Pokemon to battle early would inevitably help them throughout their journey, but it was just a little too soon for him. Personally, he was going to wait until they at least reached Viridian City, before attempting any form of battling, since his goal wasn't to make his Pokemon the strongest Pokemon it could be, but rather to get to know his Pokemon first, as a companion and a friend.

It might've been a rather rare and selfish goal, but it was what he believed to be right. Of course that didn't mean he wouldn't support the other trainers from doing what they thought was right, since he wasn't the kind of person to force his ideals onto others, but he was definitely all for supporting the group and bringing everyone together.

The rain had really started to come down by now, and despite Pocky being thoroughly pleased with the change of weather, Kozue thought it best not to get too wet before they headed out on their journey.

"Ah, sorry guys, I'm going to head back to the laboratory until the rain lightens up a bit," he said with a small wave as the falling rain continued to dampen his attire and mood. "Good luck to both of you!"

The sound of crackling electricity caught his attention as he neared the entrance of the laboratory, and feared that the storm was growing worse. However, when he realised that the only signs of thunder resonated above the clouds, he soon discovered where the initial shock had come from. Both Marcus and Kat had already engaged in their first battle and were both battling quite competently for amateur trainers. He couldn't help but be impressed.

OOC:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Lash

Years
  • Marcus was waiting for Charmanders attack, and impressed by Kate's commanding style; She too battling like a pro. Though neither of the two trainers were up at the top yet, good things awaited the two in the future. Marcus yelled out his next command, Pikachu already running towards Charmander for the attack command.

"Tail Whip, Pikachu!"

The Pikachu had already been running, so it was ready. Pikachu spun around, tail extended to whack Charmander. Though since it was raining, and Charmanders skin is soft, whatever part of the tail that hit Charmader slid right off. This miss caused it to fall, meaning that the scratch attack hit. The attack hit Pikachu dead on, causing it to slide away a few feet. It got up a few seconds right after the land, as it slid its body halfway into a mud puddle. It was dirty now, and had lost quite a few HP since the scratch looked to be a critical hit.

"Try another Thundershock, full power! I know you are hurt, but in the future, I will never ask you to do anything I know you can't do!"

Pikachu said its name once, knowing the Marcus believed in its power. It smiled, and charged power within its body. It quickly released all the energy within its body, the electricity going everywhere within, and out of the battle field. Into the trees, aimed at Charmander, random patches of grass, and even up into the sky.

Though, one of the bolts into the trees caused anger within a large, bird Pokemon, and tons of smaller bird Pokemon. Suddenly, like a swarm of bees, Spearow and Fearow were in the airspace of the battlefield, Marcus, Kat, and their Pokemon far in sight. Pikachu had used up alot of its energy, and it fell to the ground, not noticing the swarms of bird Pokemon high up in the sky. Marcus hadn't noticed the bird either. Thunder began roaring, lightning bolts streaking, wind blowing. Marcus ignored it, running over to Pikachu.

"Pikachu! Are you okay!?"

He said, picking the Pokemon up in his arms. It had been beaten, as the bolts of electricity from its body most likely missed Charmander by a long shot.

[/IC]

[OOC: If you are wondering, Pikachu's electricity was all around the place, causing it to most likely miss Charmander, due to the attack being all over the place.

Trainer Kat

Years
  • OOC: The official OOC thread is now up in the RP lounge! :]
    I'm sure the bit of bunnying was accidental. It's possible he misunderstood your post and thought that when Kozue turned toward the door, he went outside.

IC:

"What?! This is crazy!" The blonde looked shocked by the out of control thunderstorm. "Axel, watch out!" The Pokemon dodged most of the blasts, though, on one such maneuver, he managed to get himself caught in a bolt of electricity. Though not as injured as Pikachu, Charmander had taken some damage.

As soon as she noticed Pikachu had been beaten, Kat tried to force her excitement away. She had won her first Pokemon match! The skirmish was not without casualties, however. Making her way over to the boy and his defeated Pikachu, she offered a smile to them both. Kat lightly stroked Pikachu's fur.

OOC: Ouch, that post was short. O.<

Lash

Years
  • OOC: Here is an OOC for the hell of it.

IC:

Marcus knew Kat was smiling in her victory. A smile emerged on his face when she came over to stroke Pikachus fur. He also pet Pikachu, proud of what it had done, and how hard it battled. Though, the smile turned to shock when many Pokemon known as Spearow began pecking at Charmander, Kat, Marcus, and Pikachu. Pokemon hurt, and trainers not use to this, such a sudden attack, Marcus yelled out an attack.

"Thundershock!"

He didn't even know he yelled it out; Just pure instinct controlling him. Something controlled over Pikachus body, its wanting to protect and fight. Its body released a mass amount of electricity, shocking all the Spearow around, unfortunately Marcus, Kat, and Charmander too. The attack and motive caused more power to be released. Marcus got up after falling from the shock, next to Pikachu, who looked good and ready, though hurt.

More Spearow began to advance, however the Fearow yelled, it being the boss, commanding all the Spearow to stop. This, was its battle now. Its beak began spinning, and launching out many strikes, Fury Attack. Pikachus cheeks sparked, as Marcus told Kat to stay back quickly, him rushing up infront of her. Pikachu was ran out of energy though, when it tried to release a Thundershock to counter the Fury Attack, but not much was released. Marcus blocked, as the Fury Beaks hit both him and Pikachu. Little blood was drawn from Marcus, but more hits were taken on Pikahcu.

"Pikachu!"

Marcus ran to its side, as the Fearows beak began spinning again. This time with more power however, a drill of power launched at the trainer and Pokemon. This, was a Drill Peck. Marcus ran up infront of Pikachu, arms out to defend it, him going to take the hit head on to defend. Pikachu however, jumped up on Marcus, then jumping out infront of him to take the Drill Peck. The attack hit Pikachu, making it fall to the ground. Marcus held back tears, but Pikachu was hurt.

The Fearow was angry, as lightning bolts became more vigorous. Fearow began charging for Marcus and Pikachu. A bolt of lightning came crashing down for Marcus and Pikachu. Marcus feared for his life. He thought this was going to be the end. But it wasn't. Pikachu ran up in anger, taking the lightning bolt dead on to its body in one jump. The lightning bolt dissipated, Pikachu now sparking with power in the air, falling down.

Its body absorbed the blow. Time became slow, all was quiet. Pikachu yelled its name, as an explosion of electricity emerged from its body. Fearow and Spearow caught in the electricity, this seemed to be a premature Thunder attack. The explosion ceased, Fearow still in the air, body sparking. It was though to be supposed to knocked out, but it wasn't. Badly damaged, it was more mad. Marcus only had once choice now. He quickly gave Pikachu the enlarged Pokeball, picked it up, and threw Pikachu towards Fearow.

Fearow collided with Pikachu, but not with its body; But with the Pokeball it was holding. It was sucked in by the ball in a red and white light, as Marcus caught Pikachu. The ball shook, but not for too long. Fearow was caught. The Spearow began flying away. The clouds began clearing, as Marcus fell down to the ground, panting. He used the last of his waking energy to give the caught Fearow to Kat, throwing it in her direction.

"I.. lose the bet... There is your caught Pokemon..."

He said, as he rolled over onto his back, panting. A rainbow appeared in the sky, which barely caught his eye. As his consciousness faded out, Marcus saw a glowing, small, cat like Pokemon flying through the air, near the rainbow. It flew away from sight, as Marcus' eyes closed, panting. He was unconscious now, but still alive.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • [Thanks a lot! :) :) :)]

Here we goooooo!!

W. watched in anticipation as the 2 novice trainers battling each other. He watched for at least 5 minutes. "So they're in bet?" he asked the girl next to him. The girl, an amateur trainer, was startled. Probably because the girl doesn't know him yet or he just bargged in the question. "Oh I'm sorry, I haven't introduce myself. My name's W. from Snowpoint City. I just came in late." But before he could say anything else, the girl was gone. 'Never mind, I don't usually interact with people.."

He had watched the furious battle between the guy named Marcus and the girl named Kat. 'Imppressive, but unfair..." he thought. He knew Charmander was in a disadvantage because of the rain which weaken it a lot, plus that Pikachu, taking that advantage. But never mind, the battle's over and the Pikachu's won. There's nothing we can do.

"Squirtle, Squirtle, Squirtle!!" Turquoise cried nagging his master. W. looked down, "Oh, you're hungry?" He got some pokemon food and gave It to Turquoise. "Gale's probably hungry too." he called out his Eevee, which cried immediately. "Whoa! Whoa! here's some food..." After a few minutes of tantrum, Eevee's finally settled down, contented. 'This is harder than I thought..." he thought.

[Thank's again! I think this is the best RP ever!][I think I cannot post this weekend...:(]

Last edited:

Trainer Kat

Years
  • OOC: Buddy, you've just been reported. : D
    Ordinarily, I wouldn't do such a thing, but in your case, you refuse to listen to our requests to STOP POSTING HERE.
    I'll continue reporting every post you do in this thread from here on out.
    Have a nice day.

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    "Get off my bag!"

Roisin was practically spinning around trying to make the little alligator Pokémon release it's bite.

"You're-too-stubborn!" she grunted. Roisin eventually gave up and looked around her. I've made an idiot of myself in front of everyone. She thought to herself, but unbeknown to her there was only a few people in the room. There was her, the Professor and the younger boy wearing a black tank top, the boy the only person who had formally introduced himself. Kamada Kozue.

He was sitting down with his Piplup, known as Pocky.

"Hey, Kozue, was it?" Roisin smiled at the mop-haired boy as she sat down beside him. Being careful to not hurt Totodile; she placed the bag down in an awquard position that let her Pokémon stand on his feet (Still attacking her bag however) the Pokémon gave another little dominant growl and continued to gnaw her tan coloured bag.

"Looks like we both got a Water Pokémon, to be honest I was hoping for a Piplup myself," she smiled and laughed nervously. What a pathetic attempt at conversation.

After the conversation was over, Roisin sighed pointed her PokéDex- that was still in her hand- at her Totodile. Apparently the Pokémon was male, which explained the dominant 'Alpha-male' like growls. He knew the attacks: Scratch and Leer. He'd learn Water Gun fairly soon though. Hmm, I guess you should get a nickname... Croc, nah to generic... Hmm... Rex, nah...

"Looks like I'm going to have to earn your trust before you even let go of my bag...". Roisin smiled and petted Totodile on the head. Totodile growled and continued too chew.

"Oh, Roisin, I forgot, here's your extra five PokéBalls," Professor Oak handed her the red and white spheres. This burdened her to have to put away a PokéDex and five PokéBalls into a bag she could barely open because of her Pokémon's jaws.

"Thanks Professor," she uttered when she finished. Wonder if any of the battles have finished yet...?

Last edited:

Trainer Kat

Years
  • OOC: This is an official warning. If Mr. Mystery does not post by tomorrow, he will be kicked, and Mudkip will be available as a starter.

IC:

The clouds began clearing, as Marcus fell down to the ground, panting. He used the last of his waking energy to give the caught Fearow to Kat, throwing it in her direction. "I.. lose the bet... There is your caught Pokemon..." He said, as he rolled over onto his back, panting.

She was still in awe. Had that really just happened? Moments ago, she, along with Axel, Marcus, and Pikachu, had been attacked by wild Spearow. Yet somehow, Pikachu had summoned up the energy to attack them, and, even more impressive, to dissolve the flock.

She looked down at the Pokeball that had fallen in front of her. It stopped just short of her boots. Bending down to pick it up, she couldn't help but feel Marcus deserved the Pokemon contained inside. After all, he had protected her and Axel from the Spearow.

And so what? She thought. He promised me a Pokemon if I won, which I did. And besides, it was his own damn fault that the Spearow attacked anyway. While the blonde had her internal battle, Axel wandered over to the fallen Marcus. Gently, he picked up the wounded Pikachu and began to carry it back to the lab.

Having resolved the conflict, Kat threw one of the boy's arms over her shoulder and stood. "Awh, man.." she groaned, straining to stay upright. Having had trouble lifting Charmander, Marcus was a bit more of a challenge. Still, once she threw all 93 pounds of her weight into it, she managed to pull him towards the lab, his feet dragging through the grass, though not before tucking the Fearow snugly into his back pocket.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Noah watched in confusement as Espa was hit by a glare from yellow eyes. The Chimchar was immediately dizzy and began to stagger around the arena. "Get out of that, Espa!" Noah shouted, but his attempts were futile, Espa was lost to the world. I never knew that Leer could be so effective. The rain was hitting against his face now, and he shivered, but he kept his attention on the battle; it'd take a tad bit more than coldness to put him off.

The reptilian Pokemon lunged at Noah's Chimchar, before clocking it over the head. Espa fell to the ground. Noah was worried, there was no way that Espa could've fainted that easily, was there?

"Get up, Espa!" Noah bellowed. "Use Scratch again!"

Noah watched the scarlett monkey sit up dizzily and face his opposition before jumping for the second time with his arms outstretched.

This is going to be a fairly good match, I can tell.

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    The doors once again burst open, the rain ad apparently stopped. The girl who Roisin had felt staring at her earlier was dragging something in. Upon closer inspection, it was one of the 'gang' that went out to battle. Roisin ran over to inspect, or she ran as fast as she could considering there was a 20 pound alligator swaying helplessly, whilst chomping away on her bag.

"What happened?" Roisin asked in a sort of mild panic. "You didn't hit him did you?"

Roisin looked at the girl, she looked like the type who'd knock someone out if she lost. Then again with her make-up streaky from the rain, who wouldn't.

"Anyway," Roisin started as the other girl dropped the unconscious boy on the floor. "I'm Roisin, and this..." Roisin indicated to wards the alligator that was still refusing to let go. "...This is Totodile. Nice to meet you."

Roisin extended her hand.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2013
    "Excellent! The pound was effective... Now whats his next move..." Fen said out loud. "Come on Fen.... see the match... and see a few steps ahead... use everything to your advantage... thats how a battle is won..." Fen said, almost sounding like he was scolding himself.

"Get up, Espa!" Noah bellowed. "Use Scratch again!"

The monkey leaped into the air at Treecko again. The Chimchar clearly still a little dazed from the leer. Fen's eyes widened at the opportunity, an ideal chance to possibly finish the match.

"Another head on attack... a hasty one at that. This move might cost him the match..." Fen said to himself quietly. "Okay, Forest! idea time! Wet your tail in that puddle!" Fen called to the little Treecko

Treecko dipped his bushy tail in the water formed by the rain's downpour.

"With Chimchar in the air.... this hit should be nearly unavoidable...Now Forest! give that Chimchar a water soaked Pound with your tail!" Fen called out

Forest jumped into the air to meet the Chimchar halfway, with its tail soaked and ready to hit.

Trainer Kat

Years
  • "What happened? You didn't hit him did you?" The only girl besides Kat herself asked.

"What?! No, of course not!" She exclaimed, depositing Marcus' limp body carefully on the floor.

Kat looked over at the girl who was attempting to introduce herself. She hadn't gotten a good look at her before this, what with all the other commotion. Upon inspection, the girl revealed herself to be...relatively pretty...though, in Kat's eyes, she was far prettier. Her hair was a chocolate color, quite a contrast to the bright colored dress she was wearing. It was plastered to the sides of her face, obvious proof that she had been out in the rain. Kat did notice one odd thing about her, being that she had no makeup smears. Finally, the blonde answered.

"I'm Kat. My partner's Axel." She gestured with her head, her hands placed firmly on her hips. With her heavy black makeup streaked down her pale white cheeks, along with her posture, she looked like she belonged with her legs straddling a motorcycle, rather than with Pokemon. "He's the Charmander over there. That Pikachu he's got? That's his." Once again, a head motion to indicate the boy she had dragged in. "He's Marcus, though I suppose I should let him introduce himself once he wakes up."

With that, she grasped Rosin's hand.

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    "A Charmander, wow, I heard they're hard to raise and extremely stubborn, but pays off during their final evolutionary stage. Well, not as stubborn as my Totodile here." Roisin raced off with her motor-mouth once again after shaking Kat's hand. "A nice nickname too."

Roisin smiled. Suddenly a small thud was heard from behind her. Roisin reactively whipped around out of fright. It appeared that Totodile had finally weakened and decided to let go of the girls bag. Albeit with many leftover teeth marks.

"Finally!" Roisin yelled as she knelt down to Totodile's level. "So, are you finished attacking my poor defenseless bag?" she asked.

Totodile stood up and turned away from Roisin, his nose turned up and arms folded. The Pokemon also unleashed a cute little snort. "To-to!" it shouted smugly.

"Oh okay then. I thought I'd get to choose my Pokemon, and I wanted a Piplup. So I stocked up on Water Pokemon food and a few items for you to play with, but I guess you don't want them?" Roisin teased and rumaged through her bag. Totodile turned his head slightly so he could see out of the corner of his crimson coloured eyes.

"You don't want this then?" Roisin laughed as she threw an indigo coloured ball up into the air, ready to catch it of course. Without warning Totodile bounded up into the air, caught the ball in it's mouth and walked off with it, trying to break it with it's teeth. Roisin laughed and walked up behind him.

"I thought so."

Totodile once again snorted and carried on playing with his new toy.

I bet he loves battling too, he seems the type.

Degenerate

Immortal
    Years
  • There were so many things going on at once that Patrick struggled to stay fully focused on any of them. Two pokémon battles had already taken place simultaneously. He constantly had to switch his gaze between the two of them just to follow all the action. His neck started to hurt from all the twisting. That Marcus kid proved to have a powerful Pikachu, considering it took down a flock of Spearow on its own, and still at such a low level. Of course, Kat couldn't be bad either if she managed to defeat a guy like that. The sight of her dragging him back into the lab did look rather silly though. Patrick wondered what happened to him in the first place. Poor guy.

Turning his attention back to the Fen/Noah match, it would've appeared the advantage belonged to the Treecko for the time being. Not bad for a pokémon fighting at a type disadvantage. Both competitors showed a decent amount of skill, no doubt. It didn't even matter who won any more, they'd both earned a little of his respect. He just wished they'd hurry it up already. The rain never did any wonders for his beauty. He contemplated shouting out encouragements once more, but the last time he tried that, it turned out to be absolutely futile. Perhaps they were too engrossed in the match to notice anything else around them.

"Any time now, boys." His eyes began to grow tired.

Then a realisation came crashing down on him like a Snorlax dropped from a parachute. "Hey, I don't have to wait here out in the rain for you guys! I'm going back inside. Let me know who won, yeah?"

He slapped his forehead, making his way back to the lab.

Why hadn't I thought of that before?

Plus he just remembered he'd forgotten to collect his PokéDex from Professor Oak. Some trainer he was turning out to be.

Last edited:

Lash

Years
  • Marcus had been knocked out, and still is. However, just because he is unconscious, doesn't mean he still can't think or dream. Which he started doing as Kat began dragging him. On his mind, was the glow he saw in the sky when the clouds cleared. A Pokemon? Possibly. This world was filled with legends. He already knew in his mind that Pikachu was okay, but hurt. Marcus felt his body being dragged to the lab, and being set on a chair. He started yelling at himself in his mind, for attempts to wake up once he heard talking.

The Pikachu who had been carried in by Axel was probably still in the Charmanders arms. It woke up, once Marcus started yelling Pikachus name in his mind. The bond shared between these two is strong, though so young. Pikachu woke up, and attempted to walk, though damaged. It walked in pain with one eye open, and began tucking at his pant leg. Marcus not waking up, it sent even the tiniest jolt of electricity, barely visible to the human eye into Marcus' body. This jolt was to make his blood flow even a little faster, to wake up up. Since this was electricity, it ran up his spine and into his brain.

Marcus is awake now, slowly opening his eyes. He quickly opens them all the way, looking at his arms, hands, Pikachu and Kat. He picked up Pikachu, and attempted to stand up. Barely possible, he still did, smiling down at Pikachu.

"Good job Pikachu.. And Kat, thanks.."

He thankingly said, with a bit of a wobble.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Forest jumped into the air to meet the Chimchar halfway, with its tail soaked and ready to hit.

Noah thought furiously as he watched the two Pokemon fly through mid air at each other. Nothing can save Espa now... Unless! Noah pointed a finger at Forest. "Espa, kamikaze!"

Does Espa even know what the word kamikaze means? I guess it's too late now if he doesn't. Noah watched as the amazing scene unfolded.

Forest hit the Chimchar square on the chest, the water splashed into Espa's eyes, the Pokemon screamed and fell to the ground. Forest landed beside him, Espa looked up, half smiling. Espa is going to knock himself out, the only question is whether he'll knock the opposition out as well.

The Chimchar jumped and flipped his body so that his head was facing downwards; then he fell towards the earth as fast as a monkey on fire could.

Don't miss, please don't miss!

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2013
    Fen threw his fist into the air with the success of the landed Pound attack.

"Perfect! that should have done....." Fen was cut off by the Chimchar's will to battle.

The Chimchar leaped up once more but this time, there was no time to react. The move was completely unorthodox and not even an official move... Fen couldn't even think of a counter measure. Forest stood, frozen in his tracks as the monkey pokemon's massive head grew nearer and made contact with his own. The impact left stars above Forest's head as he wobbled around trying to maintain his balance and composure, but the effort was futile. Forest's eyes blanked out and the little grass pokemon fell onto his back.

"Forest's defensive skills are lacking... compared to Chimchar's obviously large head.... i can only hope that Chimchar took a fair amount of damage from that hit as well..." Fen said to himself as he watched the Chimchar closely

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back