• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Grand Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2013
    Fen was startled out of his half dozed state by Kozue suddenly placing himself under the tree alongside Fen. He looked over to the boy as he proceeded to make small talk.

"Excuse me," Kozue chirped nervously as he settled into a comfortable position, Pocky also readjusting his place in his trainer's arms. "The view...is really nice here..."

Fen was still a bit confused about Kozue's arrival. Fen finally responded quietly after shaping the words he wanted to say.

"So you heard that aye?" Fen responded quietly, still looking down at Forest and petting it gently. "This was my favorite thing to do... back at my old academy in Fortree. Since there were so many trees surrounding my school, I always found my favorite tree and watched the sun set whenever at all possible...After all my science, history, and psychology classes, it was always nice to sit back and just enjoy nature...It lets me forget about the things that are troubling me..." Fen explained to Kozue, unprovoked. "I just needed some time to think today... there's so much that has happened, and so many new things to try and get used to. I'm in female company for the first time ever and I had no idea women seemed so manipulative and innocent at the same time..." Fen finished, sighing as he explained his Kat situation.

He glanced at Kozue who appeared to just be enduring Fen's ranting as he went on. The sun had finally almost completely lowered below the mountains, casting a dark shadow over Viridian City.

"Hey... Kozue. Thanks a lot. I know you weren't expecting me to pour my problems like that but its nice to have someone who will listen to me when i'm not spouting some new thesis. But... if you'll excuse me, I'm going to set up for bed..." Fen said, standing up and climbing high into the tree.

Fen propped himself against the trunk of the tree and hung his bag on a limb above his head. He snuggled against the bark as he picked a new target to sit and wonder at, the moon. Fen looked at the ground to make sure Kozue was either gone or couldn't hear him talking aloud to Forest.

"well buddy...we're gonna go out and find a partner for you tonight." Fen said to the little Treecko who had resumed his preferred spot atop Fen's head. "Kat will be joining us as well I think. I still don't want to believe she's just talking to me for my research and battle skills...what do ya say... we give her one more chance? See how she acts tonight maybe?" Fen said aloud to the his tiny buddy. Forest looked down to him, completely uninterested in what Fen had to say after he had finished talking about catching a new partner. Forest was absolutely no help with Fen's girl troubles.

Trainer Kat

→ voodoo jungle d r u m s;;
    Years
    OOC: I'm so eager to catch my first Pokemon. >.<

IC:

Kat held the Camel 9 between her middle and forefinger, sticking it roughly into her mouth and inhaling. It felt good, after a day of not smoking. Her clothes were jammed into her trainer bag. She knew she had to wash them, she just wasn't in the mood to do much of anything. Walking around, she could do. It was a melancholy, lonely activity she was willing to participate in. She soon found herself at the outskirts of Viridian Forest. In her fist was the Pokeball containing Axel. With him, she would catch the Shinx. But first...she needed to get Fen.

Do I really want to do that? She thought, shaking her head. She was sure he was fed up with her. Absolutely certain. Her hand returned to the trainer bag slung low around her hips, slipping Axel's pokeball inside it. She'd get him, but only after she finished her walk.

Kat sat silently, her back against the gym wall. She still had half a cigarette left. Still, she figured it was probably time to retrieve Fen. Standing, she walked back to the Pokemon center. Knowing Fen, he was probably off taking notes on some Pokemon. She rolled her eyes and sighed. Of course, he had to be near impossible to find. The sun had long since set, so it would be even more difficult with the decreased visibility.

Teal hues scanned the area. As she walked, she was greeted with a rather rude smack on the forehead. "Wha-ow..." she whined, looking around to see what had collided with her cranium. As she looked up, she recognized a rather familiar messenger bag hanging from the tree branch above her head. Her head turned to the trunk it was attached to. On another branch, she could see shoes. Putting two and two together, she figured it was her researcher.

"Fen-Fen~!" She waved up at him, both hands flailing. "You ready to go?" She flashed him a smile, cigarette hanging loosely from her pink lips.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    It had taken Noah two hours and forty five minutes to find the place known as Viridian City. His Chimchar was absolutely worn out, which is why Noah sprinted all the way to the Pokemon Center so he could heal Espa before anything serious could happen to the little monkey.

He arrived into the hospital and the nurses were quick to act. They scooped his Pokè ball from his hand and took it to heal.

Noah looked around, he presumed his group were sleeping where the beds were. So where were they?

OoC: Sorry for such a short post, I'll make a better one next time once something happens.

Degenerate

Immortal
    Years
    Patrick reserved a quiet moment to admire Viridian City's subtle infrastructure before he entered the town for exploration. People bustled up and down the streets, more people than he had seen in a long while, what with the long trek through the dense forest, populated predominantly by pokémon as oppose to people. All the happy faces did a great job at making him feel welcome, a sentiment he hadn't quite felt since leaving his hometown, not even in the presence of the new trainers he had met at Professor Oak's lab. Still, he couldn't let his spirits fall, not with all the adventure that awaited him out there. He grinned to no one in particular and pressed on.

The splashes of mud dirtying his shorts, although small, were rather distracting. That Roisin girl could have been more careful where she had landed. Patrick felt an ounce of sympathy for Kat, whom had taken the brunt of the girl's clumsiness. As soon as he took care of his pokémon, he'd have to find a way to get his clothing cleaned, or perhaps purchase a whole fresh set, Viridian's shops looked rather promising after all.

Patrick looked up at the building in front of him, puzzled at how he had reached the Pokémon Centre so quickly; his chain of thoughts must have diverted him from the reality of his surroundings. The lounge was mildly populated with few kids he assumed to be trainers, engaging in conversation, using the computer at the corner, admiring the paintings on the wall, or simply lazing around on the couch. He turned away for the slightest of moments before whipping his gaze back to the couch. He recognized the trainer as none other than Marcus, the kid who had decided to go on his own. The Pikachu and Nidoran resting at the foot of the couch confirmed his identity.

The muscular teen considered saying something to the kid, but was unsure of how he would respond. "Hm. He looks kinda cosy over there. Better not to interrupt him just yet." He must have arrived in Viridian City a lot sooner than the rest of them. Travelling alone did have its perks.

Patrick made his way to the counter, where he entrusted his three pokémon to Nurse Joy. She told him his pokémon would have to wait in a queue, as there were several trainers who had arrived before him. Patrick didn't mind. Day had turned to dusk, and dusk to night. Seeing as he operated at his poorest during nightfall, it suited him just fine to resign for the day.

He occupied a vacant seat and began to doze off when he spotted Noah. The last time he saw the green-haired trainer was somewhere on Route 1.

"What the hell happened to you, man? You got lost or something?" He stifled a laugh. "I hope you at least got yourself some pokémon. Me, I caught myself a Spearow and a Mankey. I'm not sure about the others. We kinda parted ways before we reached the city. Fen and Kat seem to be getting more comfortable with each other. Roisin freaked out at the sight of Spinarak. You should've seen her, it was hilarious. Kozue's kinda been quiet around me. I don't know much about what's been going on with him. And me, I'm as great as ever."

He leaned back in his chair and put his feet up on the table. His stomach began to grumble all of a sudden. Patrick realised he had not eaten anything all day, with the exception of a very light breakfast. Thankfully, he carried a few snacks just in case something like this ended up happening. He pulled out a small plastic bag filled with a dozen dead grasshoppers from his pocket. His tongue slid between his lips in anticipation as he dangled one before him. He tossed it in his mouth and crunched and crunched and crunched…

The treat moved down his throat ever so smoothly. He shook his head rapidly, enjoying the tasty delicacy very enthusiastically, and then he laid back and relaxed in his chair once more. "Oh, pardon my rudeness," he apologized, realising Noah was still standing there. He pulled out another grasshopper and offered it to the boy. "Here, this one's on me. Might be a little dry and a little bland due to the lack of salt but it's definitely worth it." He tossed it at the boy.

Last edited:

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    "Uwah..." Kozue sighed as he crouched down beside her with his hands outstretched, after seeing her slightly recover, "you should be more careful...it'd be bad if you got hurt..."

Roisin, although having only knowing him for a matter of hours and with their conversations being limited, had always seen the shorter boy as an extremely helpful and all around kind person behind that mop of cute blond hair.

"Thanks, thanks a lot," Roisin chirped from the swampy floor. "But I'll get myself up, so you don't get as any muddier." Roisin started to heave herself up from the floor, gallons of ooze and slimy muck dripped slowly off the girls clothes and face as she finally managed to achieve standing position. Totodile, however, had managed to escape at the last minute by skilfully leaping from her head when she fell, and then landing again when his Trainer did. "I suppose I'll just follow you then," she told the only helpful one out of the four. Suddenly, Fen and Kat retreated behind a nearby tree, looking highly suspicious, the male reached into his bag just as the disappeared. "I wonder what they're up too?"she thought allowed.

Within the next minute or so of standing around the duo retreaded back to the trio. Kat had become garbed in some of Fen's spare clothes. Roisin thought about making a joke about Kat 'getting into' Fen's pants but her she went along with her better judgment and kept her mouth shout; the rest of them were probably thinking it anyway. After a few seconds of awquard silence, the gang had started off again, en route to Viridian City.

It didn't take more than maybe ten or twenty minutes for the gang to finally reach the heavenly sign which would separate them from the disgusting, sludgy, smelly bog like path -induced by the prior rain- that welcomed the gang to Viridian City: 'The Eternally Green Paradise ' according to the sign.

Most of the group dispersed without any warning or conversation, all obviously tired from their first day as a Pokémon Trainer. The day had been eventful to say the least, full of mud, arguments, mud, Totodile's arrogance, mud, the cuteness of Caterpie, new friends and mud. But as most of the gang were opting for a chance at reflection -or in Kat's case a craft cigarette-, Roisin was dedicated to finding herself some new clothes. Coincidentally, there was a clothes shop situated just North of the Pokémon center. Roisin charged at full speed and slammed open the front door.

"Excuse me, we're closing, sorry" came a snobby voice from the corner of the shop. "And we do not allow such filthy urchins and their pet lizards in," she snarled. The girl was about just over five foot tall and looked extremely narrow for her stature. She had waist length, charcoal black hair and smooth, yet piercing, chocolaty eyes. She looked way to rich to be working in a store.

"Please... Just five minutes, can't you see how muddy I am?" Roisin pleaded.

"No, go away!" she bawled at Roisin.

"I need some clothes!!" she yelled equally as loud as the store worker.

"Ugh, Pokémon battle! Your lizard thingy against my Snubbull!" she yelled, her anger obviously getting the better of her. "If you win you get things in the store for free, if not then you work my shift tomorrow!" the overconfident and over-angered girl yelled.

"Seems fair," Roisin smiled enthusiastically. She was in no mood to lose at this moment in time and what's so bad about working one measly she if she did lose to the girl. The duo stepped outside.

"My name is Ayukat Tajiri and this shall be a 1-on-1 Pokémon battle!" the girl shouted formally.

"There's no need to sound so formal!" Roisin bawled "What are you Gym Leader or something?!"

The Grand Tournament
    vs
    The Grand Tournament

Ayukat (or Aya as she prefers to be known) threw her first Pokéball containing a small little puppy Pokémon wearing an extraordinary and beautiful diamond encrusted collar.

"Totodile, Water Gu~" Roisin started. She was interrupted by a huge woman wearing the same uniform as Aya; standing at the door to the shop. Her opponent flinched at the sight of her.

"Ayukat! How dare you! Being extremely rude to a customer and street battling! You should be ashamed, no wonder your Father cut you off from his fortune!" she bawled in a rather manly voice. "Listen deary," she looked at Roisin, her voice was much sweeter this time. "You can pick any clothes you want, don't worry about the cost, it'll come out of Miss Tajiri's paycheck,"

20 Minutes later

"~Thank you so much, again!!" Roisin yelled as she piled out of the shop in her new outfit. She was wearing a very short, dark blue dress that reached to the top of her thighs. The dress (more like a long shirt) had a white collar and three buttons at the top. This was accompanied by a cream 'dress-belt' around her stomach with a weirdly shaped silver buckle. Complete with a pair of slim fitting black denim jeans, shiny white running and a new hip bag. The one strap of the bag itself had six slots for PokéBalls which she had already attached Totodile's and Caterpie's PokéBalls too. She had ditched the bandanna and let her smooth brown hair flow freely. She retained her white-gold bracelet and necklace from before. All in all, Aya wouldn't be getting payed for a long time.

The sky had rapidly darkened in the time she spent in the shop, like a blanket, the dark covered Viridian light by the illuminating moonlight and the less beautiful street lights.

"Oh, poo, I haven't seen seen Caterpie since the capture because we've been so busy, and it was so enthusiastic too!" she thought to herself, she removed it's PokéBall from her bag strap and pressed the button to enlarge it.

"Caterpie, come on out!" she yelled as she threw the PokéBall. In the usual flash of white light the small caterpillar Pokémon emerged and with it's alternate colours that a regular Caterpie it emitted a beautiful glitter in the moonlight. Caterpie twitched it's nose as Roisin shrank the PokéBall that she picked up and reattached it to her bag. Caterpie ushered a few little squeaks as it hyperactivity darted back to its new master's side. Roisin offered her arm to the Pokémon to which he happily climbed, taking rest on her left shoulder.

Just to the north, a rather Fen looking Kat stealthily headed north, obviously up to something. "We'll see about that," the brunette thought as she made chase, however quietly. Her mission was to remain undetected, as such she withdrew a reluctant, yet extremely Totodile to his PokéBall and departed with Caterpie on her shoulder.

OoC: well there you have it, todays post. Next post I plan to build character in my two Pokémon, which they both lack. (As with my post quality as of late ;_;)

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    "What the hell happened to you, man? You got lost or something?" Patrick stifled a laugh. "I hope you at least got yourself some pokémon. Me, I caught myself a Spearow and a Mankey. I'm not sure about the others. We kinda parted ways before we reached the city. Fen and Kat seem to be getting more comfortable with each other. Roisin freaked out at the sight of Spinarak. You should've seen her, it was hilarious. Kozue's kinda been quiet around me. I don't know much about what's been going on with him. And me, I'm as great as ever."

Noah hadn't even realised that Patrick had sat down beside him. "Yeah, I got lost. Long story." He nodded. "Nope, I'm hoping to capture a Pichu in Viridian Forest if I see one though, although I doubt I'd ever be lucky enough to. A Spearow and a Mankey? Wow, you certainly do get around. Yeah, Fen and Kat certainly seem to be..." Noah broke off, looking glum. "Roisin is scared of Spinaraks? Espa (my Chimchar) knocked one out a few hours ago. Kozue, if you ask me, is extremely shy, from what I've gathered. Yep, I'm in perfect health as well, wish I could say the same for Espa."

"Oh, pardon my rudeness," Patrick apologized out of nowhere, realising Noah was still sitting beside him. He pulled out another grasshopper and offered it to the boy. "Here, this one's on me. Might be a little dry and a little bland due to the lack of salt but it's definitely worth it." He tossed it at the Noah.

Noah caught it with a look of shock on his face. He regained his emotions as quickly as possible before saying; "Thanks, but I've already had enough spiders to last me a lifetime today." Noah enjoyed lying.

Where is everyone? I need, no, I want to speak to Kat.

OoC: I'm back in the RPing mood again.

Degenerate

Immortal
    Years
    "Suit yourself." Patrick shrugged indifferently. He retrieved the grasshopper from Noah and crunched it down for himself. "They're good for muscle you know. You don't get as manly looking as me by just eating junk food." He flexed his impressive biceps, branding a kiss on each arm. Something about Noah told him he wasn't exactly the type who took pride in physical appearance. Perhaps, a change of subject was in order.

"Anyway, you seem kinda … preoccupied. You okay?" He remembered the boy's unenthusiastic response when he updated him on Fen and Kat's status. "Don't tell me you've got an eye for her too. I wonder how Fen would react to that, or how she would for that matter. Poor Kat," he laughed. "She's got all these guys gunning for her. Marcus, Fen, Kozue I think, and now you too. Boy, you guys are lucky I don't have interest in her in that sort of way. I woulda totally snagged her from all of you." He seemed rather confident about that, despite having little reason to be. The truth was, he was simply in the mood to show off.

His poor sense of humour did not seem to be doing much to elevate Noah's frame of mind. He thought carefully, a finger tapping gently on his chin. "Hm, tell you what. You said something about catching a Pichu? What do you think the chances are of them coming out at night? Seeing as it's not yet too dark, I figured you could go back into the forest and try your luck. Of course, I'll come with you, just to make sure you don't get lost again. Who knows, we may even run into the others. It might also help you clear your mind. What do you say?"

Last edited:

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    "Anyway, you seem kinda … preoccupied. You okay?" Patrick remembered Noah's unenthusiastic response when he updated him on Fen and Kat's status. "Don't tell me you've got an eye for her too. I wonder how Fen would react to that, or how she would for that matter. Poor Kat," he laughed. "She's got all these guys gunning for her. Marcus, Fen, Kozue I think, and now you too. Boy, you guys are lucky I don't have interest in her in that sort of way. I woulda totally snagged her from all of you." He seemed rather confident about that, despite having little reason to be. The truth was, Patrick was simply in the mood to show off.

"Oh, you know, just tired." Noah yawned. "Kat's nice, alright, but she likes Fenra, so there's nothing I can do, really." Noah laughed at Patrick's next comment. "You think she could possible like you? Oh, you..." Noah's voice trailed off and he stared into space; imagining different realities.

Patrick's poor sense of humour did not seem to be doing much to elevate Noah's frame of mind. He thought carefully, a finger tapping gently on his chin. "Hm, tell you what. You said something about a catching a Pichu? What do you think the chances are of them coming out at night? Seeing as it's not yet too dark, I figured you could go back into the forest and try your luck. Of course, I'll come with you, just to make sure you don't get lost again. Who knows, we may even run into the others. It might also help you clear your mind. What do you say?"

"You'd come with me? Seriously?" Noah's dampened face transformed into a broad smile. "Alright, when do you want to go?

Degenerate

Immortal
    Years
    A huge anime sweatdrop trailed down Patrick's brow when Noah implied there was no possible way Kat would like him. He could only respond by mumbling senseless words beneath his breath. He knew it was probably true but he wasn't about to admit that. "Anyway, let's leave me out of this love triangle, or love pentagon as it would appear to be. Kat might like dear Fen-Fen right now but I reckon you still got a shot." He winked. "As for the spur-of-the-moment hunt for a Pichu, yeah I'll come. Not like I'm doing anything vaguely important here anyway."

Patrick enquired about the status of his pokémon at the front desk. Nurse Joy retreated for a moment, walked over to the huge machine thingy (Patrick never really knew what they were called), collected three pokéballs and brought them back to the desk with her. "All done!" She wished him and his pokémon off with a bright smile, to which Patrick returned out of courtesy.

He pocketed the spheres as he re-approached Noah. "Okay. All set. Ready when you are. Lead the way, mister."

(OOC: lol gtg now. I'll post tomorrow.)

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    Well, W.'s calculation's wrong and they're able to arrive to the main route for about an hour and another hour to Viridian City! "Oh man..." he groaned as he was pondering his mistakes. He asked the Nurse joy that he'll leave right away because of no reason.

Viridian City's a sight to behold. Modern buildings, lot's of hi-tech gadgets adorn the city. He had no interest in them, nor the girls. He is the type of guy that's aiming to become a single or shall we say will never get married. After a few minutes of strolling in the city, some guy approached him and asked him to have a battle. W shrugged,"Well I could use a warmup for my gym battle..."

"This is no warmup! This is serious battle!" the trainer exclaimed.

"Suit yourself..." W. said calmly.

"Come out, Machoke!" the trainer said. The Machoke began flexing it's muscular arms as if it were training.
    The Grand Tournament
    The Grand Tournament

The Grand Tournament
    "Then come out, Olie!" W. shouted. Well as you can see, Olie is still very naughty, he even did a raspberry to the Machoke. This causes the Machoke to become angry. "Why you! Don't insult my pokemon! Machoke, Karate Chop!" Machoke launches a powerful attack, but Olie dodged it! "It's my turn!" W. said. "Aqua Jet!" Olie launches it's counter attack, hitting Machoke right in the face! This angers Machoke. This happens for about 4 times, and the trainer said, "Use Strength! Bulk up your power into Maximum!" The Machoke began charging it's energy unto it's fist. This worries W.​

"Uh oh... Strength's powerful attack." he observed. Then Machoke's power slams toward Olie. "Olie dodge it!" he shouted. But Olie stayed put!​

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2013
    Fen began to doze off in the calmness of the night when he was startled awake by a familiar voice.

"Fen-Fen~!" Kat waved up at him, both hands flailing. "You ready to go?"

Fen slowly rolled to the side to see Kat standing below him, she flashed him a smile, cigarette hanging loosely from her pink lips. Fen looked up at Forest, sleeping soundly on his head and poked him in the side, waking him up.

"Hey... Forest... get up, we've got some work to do." Fen said to the little gecko. Forest immediately complied and scampered down the tree quickly, awaiting Fen to join him.

Fen swung his leg over the side of the branch and leaped down, landing softly in the grass. He reached up and pulled his bag off the tree limb and slung it around his neck and let it hang loosely behind him. He patted his shoulder, instructing Forest to resume his original spot until it was time for the pokemon to leap into action. As the little green pokemon scampered up Fen's back, Fen looked at Kat and turned a small grin.

"Hm... so you smoke?" Fen questioned, cocking his head slightly to the side. "You know...that isn't good for you in the slightest... many diseases and side effects come as a result of smoking cigarettes such as emphysema or lung cancer...I don't want my lovely assistant hacking up her lungs... " Fen said, teasingly as he plucked the cigarette from her lips and smashed it out on the ground with his foot. He smiled bigger at her and turned away not waiting for a reaction, and began walking down the path towards Viridian Forest.

"Well? you still coming along?" Fen called back to her

Yaziyo

Everyone's favourite Arab
    Years
    Woo. Time for my sign up.

Name: Yaz

Appearance: The first thing you notice when you take sight of Yaz is his powerful eyes and thick eyebrows, his most distinguished features. Above his eyes, however, sits a mane of thick, dark-brown, slightly curly hair which even he cannot tame. The rest of his face seems to form around the centrepoint of his eyes; his long and only slightly less distinguished nose, his ears which seems to droop slightly off the side of his head and a pair of uninteresting lips. All this placed on a pallette of naturally-tanned olive skin, the largest sign of his Middle-Eastern heritage.

His head resides on a long, thin neck that joins onto an equally thin and lanky body. He is fairly tall with not much muscle mass so he often wears baggy clothes to hide this. He can normally be seen in something simple, such as a large, white T-shirt and blue jeans that he chooses sag dangerously low. On his bony feet; he wears sneakers, no matter the occasion. This dress sense gives him a permanent sense of "casual" that reflects his personality.

Personality: In all levels of his personality, no matter the circumstance, Yaz is a ladies man. While he acts cool and casual around his (mostly male) friends, among females he is a completely diferent character. This leads most to girls to either love or loathe him. Apart from that aspect of his personality, Yaz is mostly laid back, rarely resulting to violence to solve problems. This, however, is most likely due to his lack of athleticism. In fact, the only time he's gotten into a fight is when he got a little "too" close with the biggest guy in school's sister. Well, really, it wasn't much a fight, more a beating. Furthermore, he is quite intelligent but also lazy which has led him to not reach his full potential when it comes to school, well, that and the fact that he'd rather be partying or smoking weed with mates in the bathrooms rather than go to class.

History: Yaz was born into a middle-class family in the city of Olivine in Johto. He has 2 hard-working and loving parents and an older brother who always outshon him. He never enjoyed school, simply because he never took the effort to concentrate and study. In fact, the only subject which he used to ace every time was Pokemon studies, which he claimed to be easy. This natural talent for pokemon is what led him to enter the radio competition for four years in a row. Since the age of 13, he tried every year but always failed, At the age of 16 (the last year it would be open for him), however, he managed to make it, despite low expectations from both him and his family. His parents were originally reluctant to let him go but he convinced them, after much arguing, that it was the only thing he was good at.

RP Sample: I'll use a post I made in another RPG

"We can get it this time Fox! ...Now!" Yaz ferociously ordered. The tired ninetales instantly responded. It jumped up and used safeguard - with a protective veil forming around it - before engulfing itself into ball of fire with it's impressive overheat attack and finally releasing an extremely powerful solar beam into the sky, despite the cloudy weather. It did this perfectly and all while being pelted with a heavy snowstorm.

"Yes! You did it!" Yaz joyfully exclaimed, his voice hoarse from all the time spent on the harsh Route 217. He ran up to the loyal Ninetales who appeared exceedingly proud and wrapped his arms around its neck. Yaz could feel the warm fire Pokemon's breath on his neck as it panted. Suddenly, it collapsed on him.

"I've overworked you, haven't I?" Yaz said quietly to Fox, even though he knew it couldn't hear him, as he pulled out it's Pokeball and recalled it. Almost immediately, Yaz heard a voice in his head.

"Mewthree is taking. The world needs you. Go to Sunyshore City, now. I will explain the rest once you get there..." It said. The voice was soft and caring, and it sounded female. Yaz did not know how or why, but he trusted it. Silently, he stood up, his clothes now soaked with ice-cold water from sitting in the snow, and began to make the two hour trek to Snowpoint City. He had to be fast though, the sun was setting and the nights of Northern Sinnoh were even more brutal than the days.

Two difficult hours passed and Yaz had no idea how far he was from Snowpoint. The snowstorm was as strong as ever and he could barely see a few metres in front of him with the only light coming from the moon and stars. Cold, numb and almost blinded, Yaz tried his best to keep on the main road although it was proving more and more difficult with every step.

Another hour passed and Yaz was now getting desperate. He was sure he had to be getting close, and yet it felt like he was going backwards. Finally, his body gave in to fatigue and he collapsed...

EDIT: Oh by the way, if it's possible could I not get torchic, I don't like it :P

Trainer Kat

Years
    OOC: Accepted. You get Mudkip. :]
    BTW, I got permish from Ev to go straight to the forest. xD I'm not doing senseless bunnying.

IC:

"Hm... so you smoke?" Fen questioned, cocking his head slightly to the side. "You know...that isn't good for you in the slightest... many diseases and side effects come as a result of smoking cigarettes such as emphysema or lung cancer...I don't want my lovely assistant hacking up her lungs... " Fen said, teasingly as he plucked the cigarette from her lips and smashed it out on the ground with his foot. He smiled bigger at her and turned away not waiting for a reaction, and began walking down the path towards Viridian Forest. "Well? you still coming along?" Fen called back to her

Kat glared at Fen's back, silently shooting daggers with her eyes. The cyan hues shifted down to the death stick which now lay smashed into the dirt. "Fen-Feeen~!" she whined, mourning the loss of the Camel 9. "I liked that cigarette too!" She frowned and sped up to keep pace with him, something that was no easy task in the clothes she was wearing. The second she caught up to the boy, she grasped his arm, as per usual.

Within minutes, they were at the entrance to the forest. There were plenty of Pokemon to be caught here, Pokemon of all types. Kat's eyes scanned the woods, looking for any sign of interesting Pokemon.

"Fen-Fen, where should we start?" She looked up at him momentarily before her attention was diverted to the bushes. A tiny Shinx face was protruding from the shrubbery. The most noticeable detail was a small chunk out of its right ear. "Oh, little-" her sentence was cut short as the small lion cub turned and fled. Frantic, Kat turned to Fen, taking his hands in hers. "Fen-Fen, stay right here! I needa catch that Shinx! I'll be back soon!"

With that, she turned and ran after the Shinx, looking very much like a girl at that particular moment with the way she was running. "Come baaack!" she whined. She could feel her legs tiring as she ran through more mud and hopped over fallen tree branches as she gave chase to the Shinx. Before long, the electric Pokemon had shaken her, and she was far more lost than she'd like.

Her eyes scanned the area, looking for some sort of indication as to where she was supposed to go. She hadn't been gone for more than a few minutes, but she felt an anxious feeling in the pit of her stomach. She had the sinking feeling that she was going to be stuck in this place for days. And to top it all off, she couldn't help but feel like she was being watched.

She began to wander aimlessly along the twisting paths. There was no sign of anyone, and she was scared. Her fear only elevated when a ball of purple gas appeared behind her. Letting out a loud scream, she whipped out her Pokedex and pointed it at the Pokemon, almost as if she was going to shoot it rather than scan it.

#93, Gastly, the Gas Pokemon. Gastly's body is 95% made up of poisonous gases, which are blown away by strong gusts of wind. It defeats even the largest foes by enveloping them in gas.

The Pokemon hovered around her, its tongue hanging out of a fang-laden mouth, obviously ready to use Lick on her. She squealed and threw Axel's Pokeball in a state of panic. The Charmander popped out, taking the full Lick attack. The attack sent chills down the lizard's spine as sticky saliva covered his front. He turned to Kat helplessly.

The Grand Tournament
    vs.
    The Grand Tournament

"Alright, Axel!" she said in a commanding voice. "Use scratch!" The Charmander's claws glistened in the moonlight as his short legs propelled him towards the Gastly. With one swipe, he made an instant connection with the Pokemon…or so it seemed at first. Instead, the attack went through the Gastly, who merely released a menacing laugh. With that, it swooped down and gave Axel another lick. Lick after lick ensued as Axel was left with no means to attack.

"Axel, no.." Kat looked at the vulnerable Pokemon. There was nothing she could do to remedy the situation. Gastly would keep attacking them, whether Axel was out or not. "Axel…" She was helpless as the Pokemon kept getting battered around. He tried to fight back, but every attack went right through the Gastly's gaseous body. The little Charmander was knocked to the ground, body badly beaten.

"Axel!" Kat yelled this time. Axel's eyes shot open, as did his mouth, as he released a steady stream of flames from his jaw. It was an ember attack. "Yes!" Kat jumped up into the air, her fist stretched upwards as the fire connected. The one solid hit was all it took to bring Gastly down momentarily. Sensing the opportunity, Kat pulled a Pokeball out of her bag and threw it. It hit the Gastly dead on. The seconds seemed like hours as the Pokeball quivered, red light illuminated. After three quick shakes, the light faded. Gastly was caught.

Kat's stomach felt all shaky inside. She had caught a Pokemon…on her own. Walking over to the Pokeball, she stooped down to retrieve it. Depositing it gently into her bag, she began to wander once more.

Before long, she spotted a Mankey high in the tree. "Oh, oh Mankey!" she exclaimed, giving chase. "Mankey, come back! I need you for Fen!" Occupied with the Mankey, she ran smack into a tree branch, leaving a fine cut along her cheek. Barely noticing, she continued to run after the pig monkey, stopping only when she noticed a familiar figure.

"Fen-Fen!" she squealed. He was more or less in the same place she had left him. Running to him, she wrapped her arms around his midsection, making sure she didn't get blood on his shirt.

"I got lost..and I thought I'd never make it back!" She gave him her normal pathetic look. "And then I caught a Pokemon…and Axel learned Ember! Oh! And I found a Mankey for you, and I ran after it, but then I got distracted." She smiled. "But I tried to catch it, I really did!"

The Grand Tournament
    Axel learned Ember!
    The Grand Tournament
    Kat caught a Gastly!

Yaziyo

Everyone's favourite Arab
    Years
    Yaz inserted his username and password into the instant messenger program. It was the afternoon on the day before he would leave and he was fully prepared. Instantly, he received a message from his friend Dan.

Dan says: hey yaz u comin to the party 2nite?
    Yaz says: party?
    Dan says: yeah theres gonna be party at the beach
    Dan says: my cuz is bringing his van with sweet speakers, insane bass
    Yaz says: nice. im going to kanto tomoro tho
    Yaz says: gotta wake up early
    Dan says: just come, u can leave early if u want
    Dan says: like half of olivine is coming lol
    Yaz says: lol ok ill come, ill check it out

That night...
    "Let's get retarded,
    High!
    Let's get retarded,
    In here!"
    Music was blasting as Yaz skulled down a bottle of malt-liquor followed by 3 shot glasses of vodka. People were swimming in the ocean, girls were dancing in bikinis and all in all everyone was pissed of their brains. Yaz sat down for a second to catch his breath and checked the time on his phone "3:04am".

"Damn I better get going." He grunted to himself under his breath. He got up and said his goodyes before stumbling the 10 minute walk home. He made it home alright and managed to not wake anyone up. Before falling asleep, he realized he would have to start his journey with only 3 hours sleep...

"Yaz its 6:30", Yaz heard a distant voice say. "Wake up" He slowly opened his eyes, only to be greeted by his always busy mother and a head-splitting hangover. "I'm going to work now. Don't forget, the ferry for Kanto leaves at 7:30." She then quickly dashed out.

Within no more than a few seconds, Yaz drifted back into the land of sleep. He dreamt 6 of girls, each more beautiful than the last, in a hot tub. He joined them, putting his leg into the tub. The water was ice-cold! He woke with a jolt and turned over onto his aching side. He, once again, slowly opened his eyes and stared at the digital clock flashing next to his bed. "12:32PM" He fixed his eyes on the flashing numbers for a few seconds before making his shocking realization. He missed the boat to Kanto!

"Oh god!" He angrilly yelled as he sprung out of bed, threw on his clothes, grabbed his bag and sprinted outside, without showering. He sprinted all the way to the Olivine docks only to see that the next ferry which would be stopping at Pallet leaves at 1:00. "I'm probably too late to get a Pokemon but it's worth a try. I'm not letting this one go." He whispered under his breath as he bought a ticket from the machine. He made it this the large ship in time and was on his way to Pallet. "Hurry up!" He yelled alloud as the ferry slowly began to accelerate to leave, attracting the attention of the people around him.

Yaz could have sworn that it took more than the 3 hours his watch told him it took to arrive in Pallet but alas he got there in the end. As soon as the boat docked, Yaz grabbed his bag and sprinted off the boat. He had studied a map of kanto while on the ship and knew exactly how to get to Professor Oak's lab, it took him less than a minute. Even if he hadn't used the map though, he would have found it easily. It was the biggest building in the town by a long shot and easy to spot next to all the small single-story houses.

He walked inside and found himself inside a waiting room with a large amount of chairs. The was some strange machinery in the far corner and there didn't appear to be anyone else here. "Hello?" He called out, convinced he ruined his last chance to become a trainer. Extremely frusted with himself, he swore loudly.

"Excuse me, who are you?" A voice said from behind him. It was the world famous Professor Oak, he had just come in through the front door. He had charcoal-grey hair and piercing eyes as well as a long, white lab coat which hung of Oak's body, all the way to the ground.

"Um, I'm Yaz. I got, kinda... delayed." Yaz nervously said, unsure what would happen. "I came from Johto."

"Oh yes, Yaz. You're awfully late." He replied, fairly distantly. "Yes, come with me." He then added, stronger. Oak walked into a back room, Yaz followed. This room was smaller and less glamorous than the room he entered in. There was a desk covered with papers and files and a smaller table with a box on it. Oak opened the box which contained a list of names and some Pokeballs. He picked up the paper and glanced at it, before glancing at Yaz. He then pulled out a single Pokeball and handed it to the trainer-to-be. "This is your starter. Get to know it, you will become very close friends over your journey." Before Yaz could reply, he pulled out a small bag from table which held the starters and emptied it onto the desk covered in paper. 5 pokeballs rolled out as well as what looked like a small red book. "Here are 5 empty Pokeballs and your Pokedex. Use them well."

"Tha-thankyou." Yaz finally inputted, amazed at his incredible luck.

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got some research to do. I sugest you head up to Veridian city. You may see some of your peers there." And without any more speech, Yaz left the lab. As soon as stepped outside, he remembered that he didn't even know what his starter was. And so cautiously, he released the Pokemon from the first ball he was handed. A red beam of light emerged from the ball and a small blue creature materialised.

"Mud." It said.

"Kip." Yaz replied, smiling. He got down on his knees and brought his face closer to its and noticed it was a boy. "So what should I name you, I can't just call you mudkip." He asked it, not sure what to expect in reply. Its idea of a reply was to put its 2 front feet on Yaz's face and climb up onto his head, giving him what looked like a blue afro. "Ok then, I'll call you Afro." He told it.

"Kip." It casually said in reply, crawling down his neck and onto his back, eventually finding comfort curled up on Yaz's shoulder.

He looked at his watch, "4:31PM". "Alright, we've wasted too much time Afro, let's head on to Viridian city!" and with that he began walking onto the road that was Route 1. His Pokemon journey had just officially begun. His feet squelched as he stepped onto the muddy route, it appeared to have been raining earlier in the day. "Keep an eye out for any wild Pokemon Afro, see if we can win us a battle." Yaz told his new friend. Just then, the duo heard the rustle of grass. Yaz paused. "Kip, Kip!" Afro exclaimed, jumping off Yaz's shoulders and running into a patch of grass. He then saw the source of the sound, it looked like a yellow acorn moving through the grass. He could keep track of mudkips fin as it chased what looked like the acorn, "Tackle it!" He called out. The loyal pokemon did as told and which led to both Afro and a Surskit jumping out of the grass and onto the dirt path.

"Nice, a sirskit!" Yaz exclaimed. "It was probably attracted by the wet ground. Well go afro, water gun!" Afro simply stood there though. "You don't know water gun?" He asked it. Sirskit saw its opportunity and ran away back into the grass. "Nevermind." He then told the upset looking Afro. "Next time."

At this, Afro climbed back up Yaz's back and onto his shoulders, leaving muddy prints all over his previously white shirt. One uneventful hour of walking later, the sun was begining to set and Yaz determined that it wouldn't be possible to get to Viridian before nightfall. "You alright back there Afro?" Yaz asked, turning his head. He hadn't heard from it in a while.

"Mud." It quietly replied. It sounded tired.

"Do you want to return to your ball?" He then asked in reply. It nodded and Yaz got on his knees to get Afro's ball out of its bag. He put his hand on a small patch of grass and felt the ground move under him. "Whey what was that?" He quickly got up and faced the ground, Afro did the same.

After some twitching, something round, dark, muddy and with grass on top of it emerged from the dirt. An oddish. It make a groaning sound. Without any command, Afro ran at it and threw a full bodied tackle at the small onion look-alike. Oddish didn't stand a chance. "Nice work 'fro!" Yaz yelled, before pulling an empty pokeball out of his bag and softly throwing it at the grass-type. The ball captured it without even shaking. "Great!" He roared, "My first capture!" He then got down and petted Afro on the head, before returning it to it's ball for a well-deserved rest. It took another full hour to reach Viridian; tired, hungry and at eight o' clock at night.

The city was bustling, this being the end of the evening rush. Taxis, bikes and cars alike were zooming around, there were people walking on the footpaths and the occasional rattata or meowth showing itself from the sidestreets. "I made it." Yaz breathed a sigh of relief, enjoying the sight.

OOC: Long post to squeeze 7 pages for you guys into a post so I can catch up :P

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    Roisin returned her Totodile to it's PokéBall without any warning whatsoever when his hastiness nearly give their location away.

"He just doesn't quite get the concept of being quiet, cute and adorable. Unlike you my little cutey" Roisin chirped when she had confirmed that the two she was following where out of earshot. She scratched Caterpie on the underside of his face, where its chin would be if it had one. Caterpie smiled and started wriggling around. "Heh, you're ticklish," Roisn laughed as she carried on petting the adorable little Pokémon.

The extremely dark road that led out of Viridian city looked ominous when lit up by the mysterious looking glow of the almost enchanting full moon. Fen and a rather Fen looking Kat had managed to loose Roisin without knowing it, probably through the small gatehouse in the distance and then into Viridian Forest itself. The girl with her Caterpie infested shoulder was obviously not destined to be a spy, or at least not a good one, however Roisin decided to carry on stalking her prey.

Roisin herself had no idea why she decided to follow Kat in the first place. Probably out of he jealousy that every boy in the group seemed to have crushes on her; whether they be small crushes like Fen seemed to have or huge ones like Patrick, either way Roisin had none. But rather than going as emotional and depressing as some of the group seemed to be, especially Noah, she considered the benefits. Like been able to pick things up off the floor without being ogled etc.

Roisin and her newest friend Caterpie continued to travel north towards the gatehouse, using the light from its windows as a guide when the streetlights ended. She approached the grass outside the lit-up rest stop; as she reached the grass she could hear a peculiar sort of hissing. The hissing was extremely high-pitched and strange, and in the current sinister looking surroundings it was also extremely frightening.

"H-hello? Wh-who's there?!" Roisin inquired, not a hint of confidence in her voice as she tried to sound tough. "I'm warning you, I have Pokémon!" she yelled. It was only then that it hit her that her Pokémon bodyguards were a Totodile that ignores most commands and a puny, defenseless Caterpie.

Within a matter of seconds another hissing sound came from nowhere, however this one seemed to be extremely close to the girl. Roisin couldn't believer her eyes when she turned to her shoulder to see Caterpie attempting pull the most 'evil-and-sinister' face possible; the face was a lot more cute and adorable then threatening and scary. Suddenly, and without any warning, Caterpie leaped from her shoulder and landed a full ten feet away from Roisin and landed in the grass.

"Caterpie, what are you doing? Get back here!" she whispered, however commandingly, to her Pokémon. As Roisin approached the grass to try and coax Caterpie into re-taking its seat on her shoulder, the source of the first hissing became clear. There was another Caterpillar like Pokémon. The Pokémon's segmented body was a yellow-beige colour. It had a huge pink nose and may little legs of the same colour. Above his beady little eyes was the main feature of the Pokémon, it's large horn, about two times the size of the similar horn at the end of it's body.

"Caterpie get away from it," Roisin urged her Pokémon as she cautiously approached the hissing bug Pokémon. Caterpie blatantly refused Roisin's request and stayed put. "Okay, you want to battle it, sure." Roisin said, rising above a whisper for the first time since the hissing started. She immediately drew her PokéDex from her new bag and pointed it towards the opponent.

"#013, Weedle. Often found in forests, eating leaves. It has a sharp stinger on its head that injects poison. It eats its weight in leaves every day," the same smooth female voice announced. The image of the Pokémon was extremely cute and cuddly compared to the Pokémon that was braced for battle she could see before her.

The Grand Tournament
    VS
    The Grand Tournament

"Okay, let's see what moves you know Caterpie," Roisin said to herself, luckily the Pokémon were still staring each other down and both waiting for the other to make the first move. The PokéDex showed that Roisn's Caterpie was a female and knew only the moves String Shot and Tackle.

"Okay, Caterpie, use String Shot!" Roisin commanded. Caterpie's attack hit successfully despite how prepared the enemy Weedle was and the apposing Pokémon was wrapped up in a smooth silky spray that Caterpie fired from her mouth stopping the enemy Weedle from moving. "Great now finish it off with a Tackle!" she yelled. Caterpie started to build up speed as she darted forwards. Before the Attack could connect, Weelde's horn -which was not constrained by the String Shot- started to glow a very pale purple, although highly visible in the current light. The Weedle seemed to wait a few seconds for Caterpie, then just as Roisin's Pokémon jumped to deliver the Tackle, Weedle through itself forwards, injecting its violet, glowing horn Into Caterpie's nose. Caterpie was sent flying backwards. As she landed the Pokédex in Roisin's hand beeped a little.

"Caterpie has been poisoned," the smooth female voice announced.

"Caterpie, return!" Roisin yelled as she whipped out Caterpie's PokéBall and pressed the button to enlarge it. As the Red beam was fired at Caterpie, she jumped out of the way and started to run at full speed towards her opponent. As she ran she unleashed another String Shot from her mouth, which Weedle jumped to avoid. Caterpie had seemingly planned the whole move; she jumped into the air, tackling the Weedle with her whole body. The impact was so immense that Weedle was sent flying over the gatehouse and into Viridian Forest.

"Caterpie, th-that was amazing!" Roisin applauded as she ran over to congratulated her Pokémon. However as she reached Caterpie, the Pokémon flinched with pain and fell to the floor. "Caterpie, you fought valiantly, return," she told her Pokémon smoothly as she returned the Pokémon to the PokéBall she was still holding, shrank it, and attached it to the second her bag strap.

She slipped her PokéDex into her bag. "Now, do I go back to Viridian Pokémon Center or go through to Pewter Pokémon Center. Either way, Caterpie needs it,"

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2013
    Fen stood alone in the forest leaning against the tree, waiting for Kat to return from her very sudden departure.

"Fen-Fen!" he heard a voice call from inside the dark trees. Kat emerged with her un-returned partner, Axel from a bush and was abuzz with information.

"I got lost..and I thought I'd never make it back!" She gave him her normal pathetic look. "And then I caught a Pokemon…and Axel learned Ember! Oh! And I found a Mankey for you, and I ran after it, but then I got distracted." She smiled. "But I tried to catch it, I really did!" she finished, almost looking out of breath.

"You know, i'm capable of catching my own pokemon..." Fen said to her sternly, almost insulted that she tried to catch a pokemon for him. He looked away for a sec, then looked back to her through the corner of his eye. "But... thanks for trying." he finished calmly.

After speaking to her for the short time, he noticed something dangling behind Kat's head. He spun around, standing back defensively. Two bright half circles were dangling behind Kat's head, but she hadn't seemed to notice. Fen leaned closer to and closer to Kat's face, it looked like he was looking right into her eyes. Soon enough their faces were inches apart. Then Fen reached over his head and pushed Kat's head down and out of the way so he would be face to face with the two hovering circles. He stepped out of the way, letting Axel's tail flame light up the small area, revealing the circles to be the drowsy eyes of a Slakoth. Fen jumped back with excitement.

"Hah! you ARE a pokemon!" Fen exclaimed. "Forest! wake up! Its battle time!"

Forest opened his eyes lazily and crawled slowly down to the forest floor and prepared to battle.

The Grand Tournament
    vs.
    The Grand Tournament

"Okay Forest! give it a pound attack!" Fen called out.

Forest leaped into the air, swinging its bushy tail, only to be denied his chance to hit by the Slakoth as it suddenly swung around, knocking the little Treecko away and down hard to the ground.

"Well... i guess we aren't going to get anywhere close to it...how about you try a Bullet Seed?" Fen said looking to the little grass pokemon.

Forest stood up and fired the barrage of seeds at Slakoth but the Sloth pokemon didn't even budge. It was almost as if it was ignoring the presence of Forest.

"Hold on Forest... I don't even think this guy wants to fight right now..." Fen said aloud as he walked over to the Slakoth hanging from the tree. He leaned forward face to face, looking into its eyes. Fen and Slakoth's eyes were perfect matches as they stared each other down.

The Grand Tournament
    vs.
    The Grand Tournament
    ???

Fen and Slakoth stared at each other through lazy eyes for what seemed like an eternity, as they both didn't move an inch. Fen finally reached slowly into his messenger bag, pulling out a pokeball and gently tapping the Slakoth on the head with it. The Slakoth retreated into the little red and white ball and it didn't even shake as the center turned white.

"looks like i caught a pokemon?" Fen said aloud, happily but a little surprised. Forest looked puzzled at the catch but quickly shrugged it off as he climbed back onto Fen's head, content that he didn't have to put up much of a fight. Fen finally turned to Kat with a somewhat concerned look on his face.

"Hey... did you by chance keep track of where we are? Because...Because uhhh I don't want to be a pessimist but, think we're lost." Fen said as his eyes scanned the newly realized unfamiliar surroundings

Fen caught a Slakoth!

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    A huge anime sweatdrop trailed down Patrick's brow when Noah implied there was no possible way Kat would like him. He could only respond by mumbling senseless words beneath his breath. He knew it was probably true but he wasn't about to admit that. "Anyway, let's leave me out of this love triangle, or love pentagon as it would appear to be. Kat might like dear Fen-Fen right now but I reckon you still got a shot." He winked. "As for the spur-of-the-moment hunt for a Pichu, yeah I'll come. Not like I'm doing anything vaguely important here anyway."

"Alright!" Noah leapt up from his seat. "Let's go!"

Patrick enquired about the status of his pokémon at the front desk. Nurse Joy retreated for a moment, walked over to the huge machine thingy (Patrick never really knew what they were called), collected three pokéballs and brought them back to the desk with her. "All done!" She wished him and his pokémon off with a bright smile, to which Patrick returned out of courtesy.

Noah followed Patrick and received his Poke ball before walking back to his seat, waiting for Patrick to stop thanking the nurse.

He pocketed the spheres as he re-approached Noah. "Okay. All set. Ready when you are. Lead the way, mister."

Noah nodded and they left the Pokemon Center. "Pass the Gym and it's just to the North, correct?" Noah asked Patrick.

Degenerate

Immortal
    Years
    "Pass the Gym and it's just to the North, correct?" Noah asked.

"Yup," Patrick nodded. "Let's get a move on."

Together, they walked the long pavement that connected to most of the other paths in the city. If not for the distant croaks and hoots of surrounding wildlife, the night would have been dead quiet. Patrick sucked in the cool night air, relishing the serene atmosphere while it lasted. A few steps later, the Viridian City Gym entered their sights, confirmation that they were indeed heading in the right direction. Not long after, they arrived at the north exit of the small city, where a wooden sign cautioned travellers planning to continue onto Route 2 of the wild pokémon that lay ahead. Patrick shrugged, rolling the pokéballs in his pockets to reassure himself he had backup.

"Well, we're now officially on Route 2," he said, putting a hand on Noah's shoulder. He pointed to the roof of a building in the far distance. "We're probably going to have to go through that Guard House to get into Viridian Forest." He sighed. "Looks pretty far doesn't it? The good news is that, if we're careful and avoid the tall grass around us, I'm sure we could get there in half the time. Unless, they're any pokémon you're hoping to catch in this area?"

Patrick stopped, just in case. "Your call."

(OOC: I hope you don't mind me bunnying Noah a little. Just to get us moving faster. You can take us into Viridian Forest.)

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    Olie was hit smack dab in the face by that strength attack, flinging him from the ground and landed with a dull thud. W. rushed to Olie. W. knew right away the battle was over because of the "swirlies" in his eye. "I told you so... that's what you get from disobeying my orders..." he scolded. W. shook his head, "Return." he said flatly.

The Machoke trainer shouted, "Ha! Some warm up eh? See yah later, lowlife!!" he teased. However, W. did not react to any way. He just went on his way to the main route. "Better not waste time here." he said. Later, he spotted two familiar people along the route. He quickly set up his telescope and looked. One is Noah, the other one he didn't familiarize yet. He made up his mind quickly and said "I'll better follow them and maybe get some ispiration from those two... It is Ok with you, Gale?"

"Vee!"

[I know what your thinking, It's too short!!!]

Trainer Kat

Years
    "You know, i'm capable of catching my own pokemon..." Fen said to her sternly, almost insulted that she tried to catch a pokemon for him. He looked away for a sec, then looked back to her through the corner of his eye. "But... thanks for trying." he finished calmly.

"Oh...erm...yeah." She laughed and rubbed the back of her head sheepishly. "I guess you can..." The girl felt undeniably stupid. Of course Fen could catch his own Pokemon, she knew that. Quickly, she tried to cover up her foolishness. "But, uh...you know, I am your assistant and all, so...I figure it's kinda my job to help you out and all that..."

As her voice trailed off, she noticed Fen's face drawing closer and closer to hers. She blinked, a bewildered look gracing her features. Slowly, she leaned her neck back, a light crimson brushed across her cheeks. Before she could react, Fen reached up and pressed down on the top of her skull, peering over her head.

Dipping out from under his hand, Kat stood off to the side. As Axel illuminated the area, a Slakoth appeared, obviously what Fen was looking at. Eyes shifting from Fen to Slakoth, then finally back to Fen, Kat couldn't help but let out a laugh at the similarities between the two.

"Fen-Fen, you look exactly like that Slakoth!" She continued to laugh quietly, watching as Fen attempted to battle (and eventually caught) the Slakoth. When the battle was over, Fen turned to Kat.

"Hey... did you by chance keep track of where we are? Because...Because uhhh I don't want to be a pessimist but, think we're lost." Fen said as his eyes scanned the newly realized unfamiliar surroundings.

"What?!" Kat's eyes widened and her hands curled up into fists, which she promptly lifted over her head before bringing down on Fen's chest. "You mean you weren't paying attention?!" Her face was a deep red, more so out of anger than anything else. "That's your job, Fen! You're the smart one!" Her lack of the extra "Fen" proved that she was less than happy. It was true--she wasn't happy. But she wasn't mad. Kat was afraid of being lost--not like anyone else knew that. Anyone else would just take it as anger.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back