• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Grand Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Noah watched Kat bound towards the door and he grinned before nudging Fenra; "I think that's her sign to tell us we should follow." He stuck his hand in his pocket to make sure that he had his Poke ball and when the fact that he did was confirmed he walked over to Kat, who was then holding the door ajar. "Lady Kat," he exclaimed in an accent that would normally be used to mock posh people. "Such a fair woman as yourself should not have to do such horrible manual labour such as holding a door open." He grabbed her hand and took it off the door frame before grabbing the red door with his other.

He winked to Fenra and waited for the two to make their next moves.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2013
    "Maybe..you'll learn a little something about girls, too, while you're at it." Kat said, finishing her sentence with a smirk and a wink.

Fen blushed slightly at this comment as he followed Kat towards the door. While walking, he looked back to see if his specimen was coming, but his attention was immediately called to a boy across the room rushing to join them. Whom Fen had not been properly introduced.

"I'll come too!" he beamed with genuine excitement.

"Hm... he must be a friend of Kat's..." Fen thought to himself. He turned to the boy and reached out a handshake. "Hi, my name is Fe..." He was cut off by a loose arm swinging around his shoulder. He was receiving so much attention today...

"Hey," the girl squealed as she put her arm around Fen's shoulder."Look's like somebody's in love, what's your name?" the girl asked Fen, loudly.

Fen's face turned beet red, as all he could do was look straight forward with his eyes wider than anyone had seen thus far. He cranked his head slowly to the arm on his shoulder then up to the girl it was attached to.

"F-F-F-F-F...Furai... Kenra... i mean uhhh Fenra Kura... errr F-F-Fenra Kurai... ya..." Fen responded to the girl at a complete loss of words to her assumption towards his and Kat's relationship. Forest sat atop his head looking down at Fen, shaking his head in disgrace at his master's obvious weak point. Fen quickly regained his composure and straightened up, masking his embarassment. "*ahem* Fenra Kurai... is my name... and your name is?" He responded to the girl, still walking, leading the blond girl to the exit, trying to keep up with Kat and make his way towards the door being held open by Noah, shooting him a look of complete distress.

Trainer Kat

→ voodoo jungle d r u m s;;
    Years
  • "I'll come too!" Kozue exclaimed, apparently thrilled to be travelling with them.

"Kozue~!" Kat exclaimed, rushing over to the boy and wrapping her arms around his neck. "I'm so glad~!" She giggled, somewhat squishing Piplup between them. Once she noticed, she pulled back, lightly stroking Piplup's feathers. "I'm sorry, little Piplup," she said, an apologetic tone to her voice.

"Then I guess you will be seeing Pikachu and I as rivals." A voice drifted her way from the other side of the room. Kat knew the speaker was Marcus, without even swiveling her body to catch a glimpse. Abandoning Kozue for the moment, she approached Marcus.

"You're not coming with us..?" She asked, tilting her head slightly. She had to admit, she was a little surprised that he wasn't going to be joining the others. "Well then...I guess I'll see you around..." As she finished, she realized she wasn't going to be seeing him for a while. She felt a bit of remorse at this, since she was beginning to feel some sense of attachment to the others, even Mankey-boy. She circled her arms around him, pulling the other blonde into a hug before turning towards the door once more.

Her hand flat against the solid red wood doors, she gave a push, greeted with the light rain that now fell.

"Lady Kat." The voice certainly belonged to Noah. "Such a fair woman as yourself should not have to do such horrible manual labour such as holding a door open." He grabbed her hand and took it off the door frame before grabbing the red door with his other.

"Well, then, Mankey-boy. You can do all the manual labor for me." She gave him a full, sincere grin. "You can be my servant, since you were kind enough to offer!"

Looking back, she noticed Fen lagging behind, talking to the new girl. "Fe~en!" She whined. Walking over to him, she looped her arm through his. "Keep up, now!" She said, flashing him a smile.

Lash

Years
  • Marcus shook his head when Kat was asking about him not coming with the group. Pika smiled when she gave him a hug, so it patted her hair while she was still near Marcus. He hugged her back, still with the un-enlarged Pokeball containing Fearow in his hand. He got up, with less wobbles now from the event that happened before. Noah told Kat that she should not have to perform the tedious task of holding the door open for the other trainers.

After Kat looped her arm around Fens, Marcus ran towards her, grabbing her hand. He quickly places the Pokeball in her hand.

"You won the bet. This Fearow is yours, Kat."

Marcus said with a laugh. Pika also released a giggle. He began walking out the door, the raining ceased now, he could already see the clouds and sky. Quite a beautiful site. What a day to begin a Pokemon journey. Marcus began walking outside, both him and Pika having a smile on their face.

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    "Hi, my name is Fen..." Fenra began, reaching out a hand before being swept away by the girl he had previously met, Roisin.

"Hehe, I guess I'll introduce myself later," he said with a quaint smile as the brunette prodded the Treecko-bearer for answers, who was having obvious yet cute complications in conversing with the only two girls present. "Oh, I almost forgot..."

Turning so that Kat, Fen, Roisin and Noah were behind him as they made their way back outside, Kozue quickly made his way back to the still idle professor who had been quietly watching the group all this time.

"U-Um, Professor Oak, most of us will be leaving now," he began awkwardly with a shuffled stance and a downward gaze. He was still somewhat intimidated yet extremely fortunate to be in the presence of such a legend. "I just wanted to thank you again for everything and that I'll...no, we'll be sure to make you proud. It was an honour to meet you..."

The blonde-haired boy then gave a steep bow in respect before returning to full height, where he was extremely relieved to see the Pokemon Professor smiling. With a small wave and a smile, Kozue retreated back towards the door, where Kat quickly embraced him in another headlock-hug after learning he would be joining them in their journey. This was of course, all much to the distress of Pocky, who had been somewhat crushed beneath the barrage but managed to recover nonetheless. Things were looking up.

So far, the new group of trainers included; Kat, Fen, Roisin, Noah and himself. He wasn't quite sure whether or not Marcus had agreed to coming along, but with high hopes, Kozue assumed he would be. Looking back over his shoulder as he headed to the door, pass Marcus handing over to Kat the recently caught Fearow, he noticed the remaining four trainers who had yet to finalise their decisions; W., Patrick, Drazen and Rukia.

"Mhmm, I wonder if they're coming too?" he asked himself quietly.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • [Thanks for the reminders Kat, but anyway can we catch Shinies on the way?. By the way, commander1 really defiant. He must be mentally retarded...]

W. watched as the other trainers left the Lab. as they headed to Viridian City. He avoid getting close to them as possible, the reason? He don't know why.

"What a relief." He said. He stayed in the Lab. until all other trainers have left. "The time has come, we have to go." he said to Turquoise. Turquoise has been playing around the garden since the rain had stopped. When Turquoise heard this, he reluctantly stopped playing and returned to his master.

He had a lot in mind when he left the Lab. Like buying some food in the City and the like. "We really need of supplies, also we might encounter some new pokemons on the way." he said to Turquoise, checking his transparent Pokedex. "And Eevee's baby food is running low.''

"Hmmm..." he droned on as he read his book. He never had a day without reading his Astronomy books. W. was reading on tips of finding a comet.

[New signature eh? Kat?][Arrrghhhh!!!!!!!!! my adoptable's silly!. Good for Jimbo... he's got a Darkrai!!!]

Last edited:

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    "I'll come too!" Kozue exclaimed, the only person besides Kat who Roisin had met prior too now.

"F-F-F-F-F...Furai... Kenra... i mean uhhh Fenra Kura... errr F-F-Fenra Kurai... ya..." replied the taller older male, an obvious nervous wreck at the thought of a girl being within a 50ft radius, never mind touching or speaking to him. Roisin smiled and giggled at the blushing teenager. The Treecko on his head shook his head, looking disgraced. Roisin pinched his cheek playfully. "*ahem* Fenra Kurai... is my name... and your name is?" He finally managed to get his words out.

Wow, that went better than I thought, I guess he doesn't hate me.

"My name's Roisin; Roisin Rinku. Pleasure to meet you," she smiled and finally withdrew her arm, probably causing him to sigh of relief.

So far Roisin had gathered that: Kat, Fenra, Kozue, the boy with cyan coloured hair and herself were going to be traveling together along with their Pokémon: Axel, Forest, Pocky, Chimchar and Totodile respectively. She was confused about Marcus's traveling status and hadn't even heard the answers of the other Trainers.

"Hmm, yeah tis a good group," Roisin thought out loud. She turned around to see Pocky and Kozue showing their utmost gratitude to the Professor and bidding him goodbye. Ugh, I was gonna be the nice one and do that, never mind, just keep it cool... Roisin simply waved her hand at the authority on Pokémon and started to follow the rest of the group into the mid-afternoon. She wasn't looking forward to the Routes connecting to wither side of Viridian City, and she was dreading the actual city itself even more. The main attraction at this point was the forest which served as the quickest way to their first Gym Badge. Ready to destroy the Gym Leader in a 2-on-2 battle, hopefully with a good partner, then the Boulder Badge would be hers. Do I ask Fenra and Forest or Kozue and Ponky to help me? They'd both be adequate partners, along with Totodile that'd be two type advantages. Then again, I heard the Gym leader has been using ancient Pokémon, cloned from the fossils at Mt. Moon.

"Oh Fenra~aaa!" Roisin smiled and skipped over to her newest buddy. She watched him flinch and she threw her left arm around him once again. "Fen, can I call you Fen?... Fen. How would you like to battle the Gym Leader at Pewter City, in a 2-on-2 battle with me?" Roisin asked in a slightly higher pitched voice than usual. "Me and Totodile -did you meet Totodile?- could really use your brains and Forest's brawn," Roisin smiled once again. "So, what do ya say? No pressure."

OOC: So much for the big post I promised, I expected that you'd be posting like Rabbits last night XD

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2013
    "My name's Roisin; Roisin Rinku. Pleasure to meet you," Roisin said to Fen as she pulled her arm from around his shoulder. Fen felt as if 100 lbs had been lifted off his shoulders. He exhaled excessively with relief at being freed from his awkward situation

"I'll have to take note... that despite my previous hypothesis, being in the company of females on this journey could actually hinder my productivity..." Fen thought to himself as he adjusted his clothes and bag. He looked up to see Kat coming to retrieve him.

"Fe~en!" She whined. Walking over to him, she looped her arm through his. "Keep up, now!" She said, flashing him a smile and she pulled him away.

"not againnn..." Fen whined subconsciously as his spirits and endurance were being clearly crushed. He finally straightened up from being pulled by Kat and looked around. They were outside the lab now, and the storm had subsided to a beautiful mid afternoon. The group moved together and Fen couldn't help but see the blond girl behind them out of the corner of his eye. She was clearly submersed in thought.

"...Is she coming with us?" Fen thought to himself as he eyed her.

"Hmm, yeah tis a good group," Fen heard her say, thinking to herself. And with that being said, Fen assumed she was joining as he watched her drift back into thought for a moment. Suddenly she perked up, which startled Fenra's gaze straight forward again.

"Oh Fenra~aaa!" Roisin smiled and skipped over to her newest buddy. Fen flinched at the awaited contact between him and Roisin as she threw her left arm around him once again. "Fen, can I call you Fen?... Fen. How would you like to battle the Gym Leader at Pewter City, in a 2-on-2 battle with me?" Roisin asked in a slightly higher pitched voice than usual. "Me and Totodile -did you meet Totodile?- could really use your brains and Forest's brawn," Roisin smiled once again. "So, what do ya say? No pressure."

Fen was surprised at first by her sudden proposal. Another girl wanting to talk to him solely because of his intelligence, this was the female contact he was used to. But that being said, battling alongside her for the first gym match... seemed very doable and beneficial to him as well considering that she apparently received a Totodile as her first Pokemon.

"Roisin, you're offer is tempting, the combination of Totodile and Treecko should prove ideal for the gym match. We'll be sure win in no time. I'll be sure to train plenty on my way to Pewter city as to not let you down. Poor Forest doesn't know any grass attacks yet." Forest narrowed an eye at Fen and snuffed as Fen exposed the little Treecko's obvious secret to the girl. Fen let go a small laugh at Forest and looked back to the girl. "That being said, I would love to be your partner." He finished cracking an uncomfortable smile while giving small slight glances to the arm around him still around his shoulder and sweating bullets.

Fen sped up his pace, almost dragging the poor girl to keep even with Kat, since even though he was battling partners with Roisin, Kat seemed to have the power to save him from awkward scenarios like this with her blunt attitude.

Trainer Kat

Years
  • OOC: Shinies are allowed as long as they're limited to one, at the very most two.

IC:
    After Kat looped her arm around Fen's, Marcus ran towards her, grabbing her hand. He quickly placed a Pokeball in her hand. "You won the bet. This Fearow is yours, Kat." So he was returning Fearow after all. Kat had hoped that he wouldn't notice, since her win was kind of a fluke. Something about it just didn't feel right, though, since he seemed to insist she take it, she decided she would keep it...and repay him later.

"Thanks...Marcus," she said with a smile. "I'll be sure to take good care of it." Looking up and over at Noah, she realized she hadn't yet answered his proposal. "Hey Noah!" she yelled. "I'll partner up with you, but you'd better make that monkey of yours learn some worthwhile moves!" The remark came out more like a command than an acceptance, but it was finalized-she would be Noah's partner.

Slightly behind her and to her right, she noticed a rather uncomfortable looking Fen accepting Roisin's offer to partner up for the first gym, still trying to keep up as Kat continued to drag him. Still clinging to his arm, she stopped, standing up on her toes to reach his ear, softly whispering into it. "Take notes during our battle...since your lovely assistant is going to be partnered with your research subject and all..." With that she paused, only to add one more thing. "...Fen-Fen." She giggled, the only part of her conversation audible to others, obviously pleased with her new pet name for him.

Lash

Years
  • Marcus took one last look back at the other trainers, to see Kat making demands as usual. With a smile, he laughed wondering why everyone must all travel in groups. 'They could probably do better off alone, solitude and more training time. Eh.' He thought, before turning his head back to the direction he was going. He waved his hand while walking, saying, "Cya later Kat." at a volume where he could be heard. Marcus put both his hands back into his pockets, while Pikachu looked back up to speed. It still looked a little damaged, but the look on its face told it was rejuvenated, and ready for battle.

"I guess we better hurry, so we can catch some Pokemon and train!"

Marcus said looking at Pika. It nodded. Marcus began running towards Route 1. He knew that there would be no Fearow anymore, since he gave it to Kat, but he still looked out for any Spearow.

It takes this new trainer about five minutes running to get out of Pallet, and into Route 1. First sight he sees from before, is grass. Rustling around in the grass were few Pokemon, such as Rattata, Pidgey, Nidoran, and predicted Spearow. He reaches into his left pocket, finding only five empty Pokeballs. He knew what to do with them due to his first catch, Fearow. Pikachu jumped down onto the ground, walking infront of Marcus. After walking around for a few minutes in the Route, a Pidgey challenged Pikahcu. It swooped in with a Tackle, but Pikachu stopped it in its tracks with a Thundershock attack, knocking it back a few feet.

"Go, Pokeball!"

Marcus yelled, as he pressed the button in the middle of an empty Pokeball to enlarge it, then throwing it at the Pidgey. On contact, it was sucked into the ball in a red light. The ball closed, shaking side to side with a blinking red light. It stopped motion, clicking to dignify that is had been caught. Marcus picked it up, glad that he caught a new Pokemon. However, a different Pokemon came from the grass with a Tackle, a purple, small mouse Pokemon. Rattata, attacked Pikachu, scoring a hit.

"Alright Pikachu, use a Thundershock!"

Pikachu nodded, releasing another bolt of electricity at the Rattata. Right after impact, Marcus threw another Pokeball. Once again, the process of the ball shaking and clicking closed occurs. Marcus had just now caught another Pokemon, now having three Pokemon to his team, and three Pokeballs left. Marcus kept running through the Route, soon being able to see Viridian City in the horizon. Smiling, he kept searching side to side for Pokemon. He now wanted to catch a Spearow. He saw one in a tree, and began climbing up the three. The Spearow noticed him, swooping down with a Peck attack to knock him down. He held on though, while a Nidoran♂ walked out of the bushes, not watching where it was going, or upwards, it was under the tree where Marcus was. The Spearow became to much for him however, as it made him fall downwards. He opened his eyes while falling, quickly commanding Pikachu to tackle Nidoran out of the way. Nidoran looked up while Marcus commanded his attack, and Pikachu quickly ran, tackling both itself and Nidoran out of the way. Marcus landed on the ground few seconds after.

He got up, and pointed at Spearow. "Thundershock!"

Pikachu quickly got up, releasing bolts of electricity towards the Spearow. Since Spearow was still near the tree, it had to use a little more electricity to hit it. However, unfortunately, this little bit of electricity hit Nidoran too. Knocking both hit Pokemon back a little, they both began to go on the attack. Nidoran and Spearow both with a Peck attack. Marcus did not know what to do, since both the attacks were coming from both directions. Instinct took over, "Pika, jump!". The Pokemon did so. Nidoran and Spearow hit eachother with Peck, causing them both to get knocked down to the ground.

"This is probably the average day, but... Pokeballs, go!"

Marcus threw out two empty Pokeballs at the two beaten Pokemon on the ground. Both sucked in, both shook, both clicked. Marcus had now caught two new Pokemon. He picked up both of his Pokeballs and began running for Viridian City, Pika on his shoulder.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Noah nodded curtly when Kat agreed to battle against the leader of Pewter Gym with him. He watched the group around him for a few minutes; Roisin, Kat, Fena and Kozue, all of them were talking to each other, hyper after receiving their Pokemon. So these are the people that I'll be travelling with? Hm... I wonder if they know how much we'll bond during our adventure... After all, we will bond, at least, that's what always happens in the movies.

"I'll partner up with you, but you'd better make that monkey of yours learn some worthwhile moves!" Kat added on to her statement.

He grinned and replied; "Well, if you're sure you want to pair up with the blue-haired maniac and his equally crazy suicidal monkey, by my guest."

He felt oddly out of place with these kids, it was as if they didn't like him, or was he just imagining that?

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    "Roisin, you're offer is tempting, the combination of Totodile and Treecko should prove ideal for the gym match. We'll be sure win in no time. I'll be sure to train plenty on my way to Pewter city as to not let you down. Poor Forest doesn't know any grass attacks yet." Forest narrowed an eye at Fen and snuffed as Fen exposed the little Treecko's obvious secret to the girl. Fen let go a small laugh at Forest and looked back at Roisin. "That being said, I would love to be your partner."

Roisin looked at him blankly. She completely understood what he was saying but why couldn't he just say the words 'yeah, Ok then.'

"Thanks, and as your reward, I'll relieve you of the weight of my arm," she announced as she once again withdrew her arm from Fen.

Too bad Totodile's sleeping, he could meet his new battle partner... The four of us will have to train together before the big match.

OOC: Worst post ever... I'm not making a big post until we're on Route 1 XD. I just needed to reply too Fen.

Degenerate

Immortal
    Years
  • Patrick slapped the sides of his head repeatedly, bringing himself back to full consciousness. All it took was one second's worth of daydreaming and more than half the trainers in the lab had already up and left. Stepping outside the lab, he spotted four trainers heading off in one direction and then Marcus in another. The huge group must have taken Kat up on her offer to travel together. Apparently Marcus had his own agenda. Patrick realised that it was about time for him to set off on his journey too, the choice between which path to travel on being his first decision.

He considered going with Marcus, the kid looked like he could do with company, or could he? Anyone who chose to travel alone with the option of a team available to them probably preferred to be on their own. By following Marcus, he'd probably only be making a nuisance of himself. Nah, he didn't want that. He'd rather go with Kat's group, at least she'd offered, so even if he did end up making a nuisance of himself, part of the blame could be placed on her.

"Hey, wait up for me, guys!" He shouted out, as he broke out in a sprint to catch up to them.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2013
    Roisin lifted her arm from around Fen's shoulders, finally releasing him from what felt to him like what Krabby's vice grip would feel like. He let out a sigh of relief as he walked. His awkward girl situation was finally over for the time being. Or so he thought. He noticed that Kat had spotted him lagging and she swept back to join him

"dear lord when will the torture end..." Fen thought to himself as Kat turned her head to him and slowed down to resume walking along side him with a devilish grin on her face. He had only known her for roughly an hour and already knew the very familiar look spread across her face. She leaned in uncomfortably close to his ear...

"Take notes during our battle...since your lovely assistant is going to be partnered with your research subject and all..." With that she paused, only to add one more thing. "...Fen-Fen." She giggled, the only part of her conversation audible to others, obviously pleased with her new pet name for him.

The last part was audible. Quite audible. Fen froze in his tracks and it felt like his insides had turned into a soggy bowl of cereal.

"She called HERSELF lovely... calm yourself Fen... she's just interested in research data. thats all..." Fen thought to himself, and immediately calmed down after consoling himself. He smiled slightly, pleased with the rationale he applied to the situation.

"WAIT! WHAT THE?! FEN-FEN?!"

realization struck Fen stiff like a bolt of lightning. He stood unmoving in the road like a totem pole. His eyes shifted to the sides of his head, checking to see if anyone heard the new name she had for him. He could feel his legs getting rubbery at the thought of a pet name from his 'beautiful assistant'. He wasn't exactly opposed but... how would he handle the situation?

Fen looked to Kat helplessly, barely being able to comprehend that he was attempting to consult the problem for a solution...

Trainer Kat

Years
  • "Hey, wait up for me, guys!" He shouted out, as he broke out in a sprint to catch up to them.

Kat momentarily stopped torturing Fen to turn to the running Patrick. Eh. He'll catch up. she thought, turning her attention back to Fen.

"WAIT! WHAT THE?! FEN-FEN?!" Apparently, the pet name hadn't gone unnoticed. Fen looked to Kat helplessly, barely being able to comprehend that he was attempting to consult the problem for a solution... Kat simply flashed him a bright smile.

"Mhm!" She hugged his arm, gently rubbing her cheek against it. "You're...Fen-Fen." She looked up at him, eyes meeting his. "And...you shouldn't let anyone else call you that...I want it to be an assistant benefit...okay?" She gave him her most innocent look, an attempt to persuade him.

By this point, they were already heading out of Pallet town. The route to Viridian City looked considerably different from the area in which they had just been. It was much grassier, perfect for wild Pokemon to dwell. Though not as dense as a forest, it was certainly a change.

Lash

Years
  • Marcus kept running out of the route. Quickly passing by any wild Pokemon, there wasn't many. Two Rattata looked at him curiously, wondering why he was running. Since the boy was running so fast, he barely noticed them when he ran past them. Pika kept looking out towards Viridian, since it had never been there before, most likely. As Marcus began exiting the route, after spending about five minutes of running. He took four Pokeballs out, containing Pidgey, Rattata, Spearow and Nidoran♂. As he rushed for the Pokemon Center, he wondered what these four would be like if they evolved. He looked up wondering again, the light of day aglow. The time of day now being around 2:30, Marcus still has the rest of the day to get into Viridian Forest, or spend the night in the Pokemon Center.

While looking up and wondering this, he was running for the Pokemon Center, but head in the clouds, he didn't notice the door infront of him at the PokeCenter. Running right into it, he fell to the ground. Marcus got up to open the door, saying, "I need to be more attentive.."

The building was quite big, and there was a few trainers. All a bit younger, looking to be around 12 or 13, they all looked like they wanted a battle once they get their Pokemon healed.

"This oughtta be a night."

Marcus walked up to the front desk. A nurse and a Chansey walked up with a Pokeball tray. Pika jumps onto the desk, while Marcus places the four Pokeballs into the tray. The nurse took the tray, telling Marcus that the wait for the healing will be at least an hour. He nodded happily, and began walking over to a vending machine. He got a soda, and a chocolate bar from the machine. He sat down around the other trainers, and began eating his food. The trainers were already in chat, one holding a Geodude in his arms, talking about battles. Marcus decided not to but in.

30 minutes pass, and Marcus is bored out of his mind. He exits the Pokecenter, without his Pokemon to explore the town a bit. Towering buildings, alleys, this was a normal city. Marcus walked into an alley, wondering if there would be any Pokemon in it. There was, a Gastly and a Meowth appeared. They didn't go on the attack, so he just backed out, slowly while grabbing his Pokedex to get Data. The Pokedex is aimed at the two Pokemon, and their data quickly entered into his Pokedex. Since he got what he wanted, he began looking through other areas. He found a Voltorb, and quickly got its data, though it was not too friendly. It attempted to shock Marcus, so he ran out of the area, and back to the Pokemon Center, since a good 25 minutes had passed.

He walked through the doors once more, and ran up to the desk.

"Are my Pokemon ready and all healed up?"

He asked the nurse. She nodded, and with a smile on her face, she handed him the tray, and Pika. Pika jumped on his shoulder, while Marcus put all the Pokeballs in his pockets. He then quickly ran over to the other trainers, who were still there, talking. Butting into the conversation now, he asked,

"Hey, who wants to battle for a few?"

The boy holding a Geodude stepped up.

"I will battle you with my Geodude. Go ahead and use as many Pokemon you want."

Replied the trainer with the Geodude. Marcus looked confused for a moment when he heard the words, "As many Pokemon as you want", meaning five Pokemon against one, but he decided not to ponder on it. There is enough space in the Pokemon center, so the two stood on a fair amount of space in the building for battle.

The Geodude sat on the floor infront of its trainer, while Marcus released his Spearow out into the battle field. The two were now ready for battle.

The Grand Tournament
    vs
    The Grand Tournament

Spearow flew in with a Peck attack, but the Geodude grabbed the bird with both hands, stopping it in its tracks. The Geodude then threw Spearow a few feet away from it, and quickly propelled itself forwards in a Tackle attack. Spearow slid right infront of Marcus at his feet, fainted.

"That thing is strong.. Return Spearow, come on out, Pidgey!"

Marcus said, returning Spearow into its Pokeball, and dropping another. Emerging, was a Pidgey. It floated in the air, ready for attack.

The Grand Tournament
    vs
    The Grand Tournament

The Pidgey, like Spearow swooped in for attack, this time with a Tackle. The Pokemon was slightly faster than Spearow, so it scored a hit when Geodude tried to grab it. It did not look like it took much damage though, when it started hopping towards Pidgey. Pidgey swooped down with another Tackle, but the Geodude punched Pidgey, knocking it back to Marcus' feet. Another quick knockout.

"Again? Well, return Pidgey. Rattata, do your best!"

Once again returning, and dropping a Pokeball at his feet.

The Grand Tournament
    vs
    The Grand Tournament

Rattata ran for Geodude in a Tackle, but Geodude jumped out of the way. It punched downward right after the dodge, but missed by an inch. Rattata jumped upwards with a Tackle, but Geodude used its other hand to grab it. It quickly threw it down to the ground beneath it, and slammed downwards in a Tackle. When it removed itself from the spot, Rattata was on the ground, fainted.

"Eek.. Return Rattata.. I need to figure out some data on this Geodude.."

He grabbed out his Pokedex while returning Rattata. Discovering that is was a Rock/Ground type, he knew that Pikachu wouldn't be able to harm it much, and its fate would end up like its comrades. Marcus kept Pika out of battle, sending out his final Pokemon, Nidoran♂.

The Grand Tournament
    vs
    The Grand Tournament

The Pokeball was dropped, Nidoran♂ emerging for battle. Geodude began with a Tackle, but Nidoran♂ jumped up at it with a Horn Attack. This knocked Geodude back a little. It sent its fists in now, but Nidoran♂ jumped through the punches with a Peck attack, hitting Geodude dead center. Geodude began getting angry, so it began recklessly attacking with Tackle. Nidoran♂ jumped right into Geodude, with a Tackle. A Horn Attack slightly stabbing into Geodude, Nidoran♂ was now stuck for a moment, till it began shaking its head alot, side to side to get Geodude off. After a small moment, it slid off. Geodude incapacitated, Nidoran♂ kicked it with both of its legs [Double Kick] for the winning hit. Geodude slid to its trainers feet, and Marcus had won the battle.

Marcus picked up Nidoran♂ and jumped for joy. Such a strong Pokemon. He smiled at the boy with the Geodude, "Good battle." but the boy sneered at Marcus. Pika, too was happy. The trainer and Pokemon rushed out of the Pokemon Center, Pika on shoulder, Nidoran♂ in arms. Happy, Marcus sat up against the side wall outside of the Pokemon Center. He grabbed out his three Pokeballs containing Pidgey, Spearow, and Rattata. He tossed all three into the air, and the three Pokemon emerged in a blue light. Marcus was releasing them back to the wild.

"I hope no one takes his personally, but I am releasing you three. Not because you lost the battle against Geodude.. I just don't think I am the right trainer for you. You will find the trainer for you one day, but as of now, I am no longer yours. You three, are free."

The three Pokemon began for Route 1, not at all questioning Marcus' methods. The time of day being 4:00PM. Marcus smiled, petting his two Pokemon, Pika and Nidoran♂.

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    "Best name ever, Fen-Fe-" Roisn stopped in mid sentence as she heard the blond haired girl make sure that Fen only let Kat herself, call him by that pet name; and not wanting to be the object of Kat's affliction she kept quiet.

*​

The gang of new Trainers had finally left the confines of Pallet Town. The change was dramatical. Pallet was known for being a rural area but it was nothing compared to the countryside that was Route one. The grass was nearly ankle height and the trees were illuminated by the orange hue that was the late afternoon sky. A Pidgey and a Spearow seemed to be patrolling the perimeter around a large tree and there were a few Rattata gnawing on the tree's branches. It must have been over an hour -or longer- since the gang left Professor Oak's lab. Roisin herself was expecting a lift to Viridian, imagining the Professor charging through the woods in a huge Jeep. The thought of it made her laugh and she pressed onwards.

A few minutes later Roisin had decided to lean on the huge tree that the bird Pokémon were protecting. She felt like procrastinating her journey to Viridian city until the morning, but ring-leader Kat had plans of being at Viridian forest by nightfall, something that takes most Trainers a few days, never mind hours, Kat was slightly too optimistic and extremely challenging to say the least. Roisin continued to lean against the tree. Suddenly there was a a slight weight n her head, spread out over six different points. She reached her hand up to find out what it was. What Roisin found made her shriek so loud that every bird Pokémon in the tree darted off in different directions. She threw what ever it was on the floor in front of her.

"Oh my god, I spider... It was on my hea.!!" Roisin yelled as fast as she could, disregarding the English language. Suddenly the tiny green spider Pokémon leaped forward and unleashed a silky spiderweb from it's mouth between two small purple tusks. Roisin only just managed to dodge the web. Wait, I'm a Trainer now.

Roisin seized the PokéBall from inside her bag and threw it in the direction the the small spider Pokémon. "Totodile, Go!" she shouted. In a flash of bright white light her Pokémon emerged. Still sleeping.

"Totodile wake up!" she yelled. Totodile carried on sleeping. "Damn you!" out of anger she grabbed her Pokémon's newest toy, the rubber ball, and chucked it at the sleeping beauty. `"Wake-up-now!" she shouted, luckily for her the ball hit Totodile on the head, snapping him out of his unconsciousness.

A startled Totodile yelled:"To-to?!!" as if to say 'who threw that?!!'

"Totodile, that Spinarak, it's time for my first battle!

The Grand Tournament
    vs
    The Grand Tournament

(Stolen! xP)​

"Totodile, use scratch attack!" Roisin commanded. Before she had finished talking, Totodile had already bounded into the air and was hastily descending upon Spinarak with it's claws bared. Spinarak didn't move until Totodile was extremely close. Just before the scratch made contact, Spinarak unleashed another Spider web, negating the attack.

"Totodile!" Roisin shouted as the Pokémon struggled to break free. Wait, the PokéDex may help. The brunette whipped out her PokéDex and pointed it at Spinarak. It displayed it's picture and read it's content.

"It sets a trap by spinning a web with thin but strong silk. It waits motionlessly for prey to arrive." the smooth female voice announced.

Spinarak waits for it's prey... If I can free Totodile he's close enough to make a full on collision with his attack and considering the Pokémon's frail defense it would weaken it enough for a capture...

Roisin smirked.

"Totodile, free yourself with scratch and then use scratch again on Spinarak!"

Totodile did exactly what it was told, freeing itself perfectly. The crocodile Pokémon was a competent battler. Totodile delivered the final scratch to Spinarak and the Pokémon was sent a fair distance by the powerful attack.

"PokéBall, Go!" Roisin yelled as she threw her PokéBall at Spinarak. My first capture! The PokéBall was mere inches from Spinarak when suddenly the bug Pokémon launched it's spider web attack once again leaving the thread covered PokéBall to fall in front of it. As if to rub it in the Spinarak scurried off as if nothing had happened.

Roisin sighed and groaned exhaustedly. She picked up the silky PokéBall and plodded over to Totodile; who was already gnawing on the toy ball again.

"Come on Totodile... I just hope non of the others saw that..."

Then Totodile and Roisin plodded along glumly back to the rest of the group.

Last edited:

Degenerate

Immortal
    Years
  • The sun's presence grew more profound as the skies rapidly cleared. Patrick enjoyed the humid air that was the aftermath of the morning rain. Blades of grass glistened, the silvery shine a combination of sunlight and water coating the meadow. Squishy sounds were produced every time his shoes made contact with the wet surface. He appreciated the fresh atmosphere, a pleasant contrast to that of the noisy laboratory. However, he did not let himself get too comfortable with his surroundings, it was still a forest after all, riddled with all sorts of wild pokémon, some of which he suspected were hostile. He watched with a tint of humour as Roisin did exactly the opposite to that.

For some reason, she had decided resting casually against one of the forest's huge trees was a good idea. It came as no surprise to him when a stray Spinarak webbed its way on to her head. Patrick crossed his arms above his chest and laughed audibly at the girl's panic.

"Oh my god, I spider... It was on my head!!"

How silly. Her temporary lack of the ability to speak English coherently must have been a consequence of the fear that had struck her. Patrick didn't pay much attention to whatever happened after that. A pokémon battle soon ensued as she pitted her Totodile against the invading spider. He may have stayed and became a spectator to the battle if he had not spotted something of more interest in another part of the woods.

A flock of Spearow were pecking away at something in the grass a little distance away. This was his chance to catch him his first pokémon. He sprinted passed all the trainers to said location. Such a reckless tactic had its pitfalls however. The rash decision stripped him of the element of surprise. His noisy approach was detected well before he could act, and all of the Spearow flew to safety, finding refuge on high tree branches.

"Damn it!" He kicked the ground in frustration. Looking down however, it would seem that not all of his efforts had gone to waste. There, partially hidden in the ankle-high grass, one Spearow lingered behind. "Yes!"

He reached for the pokéball containing Speedy, his Cyndaquill, but froze in place when he noticed something peculiar about the pokémon. It was limping, struggling to remain in the air for longer than two seconds whenever it tried to fly. "All the better for me. You look injured there, little buddy. Well, in that case, weakening you even further wont be necessary." He exchanged the pokéball holding Speedy for an empty pokéball.

He knelt down and looked the Spearow in the eye. He stretched an arm out but it threatened to peck him. He sighed. "I don't blame you for not trusting me but I'm really only trying to help you. I'm going to take you to a Pokémon Centre and see if we can't get all those wounds healed up. Then you can decide if you want to come back here or travel alongside me, okay?"

He must have been insane. What was he doing bargaining with a pokémon? He wondered if it even understood anything he said. Apparently not, as it hadn't stopped trying to peck him throughout his speech. He shrugged. "Just trust me, this is for the best!"

The empty pokéball snapped open as it made contact with the injured Spearow. The tiny bird was sucked into the sphere's confines, and after three shakes, the ball settled to a motionless position. Patrick picked it up and pocketed it. He looked up at the trees, where the other Spearow had fled to upon his arrival. "Don't worry about your friend. He's in good hands." He winked.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2013
    "Oh my god, I spider... It was on my hea.!!" Fen heard Roisin yell from a ways away. He shifted his head to see what she was doing but was quickly met with his own little predicament. Kat was still pulling him but a pokemon in another tree caught his eye. He looked up into a tree to see a tiny white puff ball bouncing happily in the upper branches. A few seconds passed until he finally realized what he was looking at.

His head turned slowly with an evil glare towards Noah, his mouth began to salivate.

"Excellent. The pig-monkey Pokemon, Mankey. A prime chance to study one in its habitat and compare it to my own subject... I just need to... get up there." Fen said sneakily to himself.

He gently slipped his arm out of Kat's grasp and tip toed to the tree, hoping the Mankey wouldn't leave the confines of the tree. Fen struggled to climb, shimmying awkwardly up its trunk until he reached a branch. He grabbed the large branch and pulled himself up. Forest of course was providing no help by just sitting there. Fen straightened up and looked around, the Mankey seemed to have disappeared. He scanned the branches silently, looking for his target. Suddenly out of no where, the Mankey dropped upside in front of him, nearly scaring him out of his skin and sending him tumbling off the branch. He tipped over the side, getting his foot caught between a fork in the branch and hung upside down helplessly. Forest had gotten a rude awakening and was now dangling by a tuft of Fen's hair he had grabbed on to. The Mankey flipped around and hopped happily at the trick he had played. Fen, aside from hanging upside down, seemed to not be phased. He immediately pulled out his notebook and scribbled as he watched the Mankey upside down.

"demonstrates similar 'Noah' like obnoxious qualities..."

The mankey danced on the branch, taunting Fen and Forest as they dangled helplessly from the tree. Although Fen's head was only about 5 feet from the ground, Forest was still upset that he had been woken up from his nap. While the mankey danced and taunted, Forest finally acted, looking like he was about to burp, he fired a barrage of seeds at the Mankey, knocking him off the branch.

"Forest... was that... Bullet Seed?" Fen asked the little Treecko astounded.

The mankey wasn't too happy about being knocked from his perch. He began to charge at the dangling victims as all they could do was watch.

"Forest, use Bullet Seed again!" Fen commanded to the hanging Treecko.

He fired another barrage, sending the Mankey tumbling end over end a distance away. The Mankey looked to them in anger and scampered away quickly into the distance.

"Aw....I wanted to catch it... Now.... to try and get down. Okay, Forest I need you to aim a...." Fen was cut off by Forest's sudden movement.

Forest let go of Fen's hair and nestled itself on Fen's hanging bag like a hammock and resumed its lazy nap.

"You have got to be kidding me...sigh" Fen sat stuck in the tree, pondering. "OH! they can't have gotten too far! This is what i have an assistant for! Kat!!! I need help..." Fen called to her but realizing what he was doing he stopped immediately, knowing she would somehow make the situation awkward for him. Hoping she didn't hear, he frantically struggled to free his foot from the branch, while Forest napped happily.

Trainer Kat

Years
  • OOC: I'm shooing us into Viridian soon. If you haven't gotten a chance to catch a Pokemon and you wanted to, go ahead, and I'll assume it's occurring during the time Kat is tormenting Fen. xD

IC: "Wha- hey!" Kat yelled as Fen pulled out of her vicegrip. Crossing her arms, she stuck her tongue out at the retreating boy. Of course, he was busy with his "research", but that didn't prevent her from getting huffy. "Ooh, I'll remember this the next time you need something!" She yelled, though he was too far to hear her.

Kat continued to lead them, turning her attention to Kozue, once again trapping him in another headlock-hug. She was sure he was sick of them by now, but he was just so adorable that she couldn't keep her hands off of him.

"Kat!!!"

Kat looked around. She could have sworn she heard her name. Though no one appeared to have called it...Looking around still, she spotted a Shinx in the bushes. Whipping out her pink Pokedex, she pointed it at the Shinx, who appeared to have gotten into a recent fight, as a small chunk was missing from its right ear.

Shinx. The Flash Pokemon. All of its fur dazzles if danger is sensed. It flees while the foe is momentarily blinded. Its forelegs have a muscle-based system of generating electricity.

"Awesome!" Kat squealed. "It's so cute! I'm going to catch you, little Shinx!" As soon as the Shinx realized it was spotted, it fled. "Oh, no. Wait, come back!" she yelled, letting go of Kozue and giving chase. Upon reaching a muddy area, she noticed little Shinx footprints in the mud. Kicking off her boots to reveal perfectly manicured bare feet, she ran through the mud, the bottoms of her jeans becoming saturated with the brown substance. It was no use. She had lost the Pokemon.

"Ohh, no..." she whined. "I so wanted it too..." She sighed and looked down. "Muddy jeans and nothing to show for them..." Sitting down in the grass, she removed her jeans, thankful her tank top was long enough. Reaching just to mid thigh, the top was still dangerously short, but functional. The whole chase had lasted all of a minute and a half max, but Kat still had no clue where she was. The only clue was a barely audible rustling. Hesitantly, Kat followed the noise, emerging in the area where they had lost Fen.

"Fen-Fen?!" She exclaimed, noticing the boy struggling to get free from the tree he had chased the Mankey up. At five feet off the ground, she could look directly into his eyes without having to bend her neck one way or the other. Sometimes, being only 5'3" came in handy. "Mmm...you want down?" She purred. "It's gonna cost ya..."

Great, and I bet the first thing that comes out of his mouth is "Where are your pants, Kat?!" she thought. Of course, she had safely tucked them into her hip bag, but still. She shot him a stern glare. "Don't look," she said, her pale cheeks turning a light crimson. She vowed that this was the last time anyone would see her flustered. Wrapping her creamy white legs around the tree, she climbed it, perching on the branch Fen was hanging from. Gently, she helped his foot get loose, releasing him from the grip of the tree.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back