• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Graphics Lounge / Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

moments.

quixotic
Years
  • The infamous Planetrenders is great for renders of many sorts.
    Stocks can be found by googling, but there are a lot of low quality stuff out there, so it is often wise to set the image size in search to large or medium so you always get the nice big images.

Doonesbury

Don't even worry about it.
    Years
  • I'm interested in Photography so what's the good camera on using them :3 I'm planning to buy one.
    Also, where can I find good renders or stocks?

Join a few reputable GFX forums and rape their resource sections. Best way to get your hands on renders/stocks. As for your camera problem, I have no idea. I'm not that into photography, anyone else want to help out on this one?

AtomicoExploda

I don't know.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2013
    Well I for one did go inactive for a long time on holiday and I come back and this has happened. Do not take this the wrong way anybody who may be involved in this, but there are so many galleries open who get heaps of comments with heaps of praise and such, when in fact the graphics aren't that great to start with. I can understand why people do it, but logic says they should be in all the other galleries making comments as well to the more experienced and clearly more skilled artists here.

I am considering making a gallery again, but the one thing that is making me reconsider is the fact that if G&P continues like it seems to be doing, my gallery will be thrown to the side and end up on Page 3 with two comments.
    Nearly all the galleries on the front page are people who make graphics and have a lot of friends on the forums and so their gallery stays up the top.
    The real artists here with less forum friends who may just come here to post art are being unrightfully left behind.
    /rant.

Really late to be replying to that but, meh. lol
    Wow, that's actually really true. More known members get a load of comments, and less known get put back on page three, or even whipped off the section and put into archive. xD That's actually why I never posted a gallery here, because I knew it would "be thrown to the side and end up on Page 3 with two comments." But I was considering it anyway because I may be wrong (although that's something I highly doubt).
    Well yeah, I really agree with what you said there.

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2010
    That's not totally the truth, I suck and yet I'm able to keep myself on the first page.
    If you don't like things as they are just post more than the others, get better in less time and get more comments.
    Goal accomplished, yay~
    But then again you can just pay no mind to me 'cause I suck D:

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • That's not totally the truth, I'm pretty good which is why I'm able to keep myself on the first page.
    If you don't like things as they are just post more than the others, get better in less time and get more comments.
    Goal accomplished, yay~
    But then again you can just pay no mind to me 'cause I'm pretty good.

Fixed that for you. By no means do you suck.

AtomicoExploda

I don't know.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2013
    That's not totally the truth, I suck and yet I'm able to keep myself on the first page.
    Goal accomplished, yay~
    But then again you can just pay no mind to me 'cause I suck D:

Yeah, I guess that may be true, but then again you only posted your thread on October 20th, and it's slowly sinking down on the first page as you can see. xD
    And no, you're actually pretty good to be honest.

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2010

Fixed that for you. By no means do you suck.
    Yeah, I guess that may be true, but then again you only posted your thread on October 20th, and it's slowly sinking down on the first page as you can see. xD
    And no, you're actually pretty good to be honest.

I'm a novice, by all means I suck.

That happens on every forum, you don't post other people do, your thread sinks.
    In this forum it happens quite slowly, usually a thread of mine would be in 3rd page with 2 posts (literally) in like 2 hours.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • idk, it's the same as in the fanfiction forum. If you want people to comment on your thread, you've got to go and comment on others'. *shrugs* Being good helps, but not everyone can be a prodigy. I hope to be good, and I like it when people tell me when I suck, because they usually tell me what I can do to get better, and I like that. Because honestly, I'm not gonna learn much on my own. :/

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    For me, it's more like, I don't comment in galleries where I know I'm not going to get a response.
    I don't like wasting my time, y'know?
    So sometimes, the less experienced artists tend to be more receiving towards what I say, because I'm sure we all agree that the more experienced you are, the more snot faced you tend to be. (Lol that's the way I am anyway.)

But yeah, the deal with FF like Misheard said is totally true. I remember when I used to write fanfiction it was obligated courtesy to go read at least a little of someone else's story if they commented on yours- although if you were one of the 60 chapter writers, it was kind of like, "K, no." But yeah.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • What I got out of this last page of Lounge is that the reason my stuff is not commented is because I am not good at graphics, so thank you all.

Also Atomico, the main point I was making is the fact that people will often come in, leave a comment and leave it there because they 'left a comment'. Yep, a single comment. Good on you guys! I post an update to get comments, not to let it sit there. But don't worry about posting guys, you already left a comment way up in my thread, you don't need to gimme advice / cnc on my newer graphics...
    What I hate even more is the ironic comments that are like, "Dude you're really awesome keep it up." Not only do they provide me with no substance or anything, but how am I meant to keep my graphics up when I get no comments and thus making it so much harder to improve.

Significant rant is significant, but I really am quite disgusted with the current state of the G&P. Where did vVintage's gallery go? Like the 5th page, and most likely because she got nearly no comments and thus felt it useless to keep posting. vVintage was used for the sake of example, there are many others who have gone off the radar unfairly...

AtomicoExploda

I don't know.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2013
    What I got out of this last page of Lounge is that the reason my stuff is not commented is because I am not good at graphics, so thank you all.

Also Atomico, the main point I was making is the fact that people will often come in, leave a comment and leave it there because they 'left a comment'. Yep, a single comment. Good on you guys! I post an update to get comments, not to let it sit there. But don't worry about posting guys, you already left a comment way up in my thread, you don't need to gimme advice / cnc on my newer graphics...
    What I hate even more is the ironic comments that are like, "Dude you're really awesome keep it up." Not only do they provide me with no substance or anything, but how am I meant to keep my graphics up when I get no comments and thus making it so much harder to improve.

Significant rant is significant, but I really am quite disgusted with the current state of the G&P. Where did vVintage's gallery go? Like the 5th page, and most likely because she got nearly no comments and thus felt it useless to keep posting. vVintage was used for the sake of example, there are many others who have gone off the radar unfairly...

I really don't see where that's said. =|
    Yeah, that's true, no good creative criticism at all from what I see, it's all praise, even if you suck, well if you completely suck, then that's a different story. Well, you could just get better by practicing yourself, you don't need advice, well I guess you'd be looking for advice, as to why your posting. =/
    It's on the third page actually, well it was there the last time I checked.

scyfer

Veteran Trainer
    Years
  • who do i ask to make something like this, like a sort of guy pidgeot trainer banner thing, im completely clueless in the graphics area so i need a bit of help :/

t'anks. ;)

-scyfer

Misheard Whisper

Years
  • Gijinka-things, huh? Idk anyone around here that does those . . . I'm kinda new too, though. :/

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Scyfer, that's more of an art thing, not a graphics thing.
    If you wanted a banner out of that, then this is the right place.
    But if you wanted a pidgeot guy version of that, then you'll want to ask in the Art Gallery. ;>

And Gummy, I totally would, but you know I hate icons and requests. :(

Misheard Whisper

Years
  • I just started making icons, actually. Is it OK to open a separate thread for an icon shop? I already have my banner gallery, but I wanted to open an icon shop independently. Would that be kosher, or would I have to fiddle around and merge it into my original thread?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back