• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Graphics Rating Thread [READ THE FIRST POST. D:<]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    To be honest, I find yours really boring. :x There's really nothing going on besides a render on top of a c4d. There's flow from the c4d, but I don't think it's working very well because the render just seems... lifeless. You should put some c4d's on top of the render to make it more involved with the banner. Ack, it's hard to explain.

I find it boring because there's only one c4d in the whole banner. It seems like it's the only thing going on. x_o You should mix lots of c4ds and lots of different colors to make it seem more detailed. Play with layer modes; set stuff to overlay and screen and stuff. Add a light source, some glitter, orbs, dotted lines, blurs, clouds, idk anything. For that banner, some nice glowy c4ds would be nice, especially near the base of that render where the source of all the c4ds are. Play with the brightness / contrast, saturation, etc.

The render seems very low quality to me too. You need high quality banners with DIMENSION, and this one just looks like it only has three basic levels of light. If you want to add focus to the render, blur the other stuff and / or sharpen the render. Draw focus to the render by making the area behind the render brighter or darker than the rest of the banner. The text is out of place; it doesn't fit in with the whole c4d ~environment~ of this banner. Plus I don't even want to know what happened with the bottom right corner... it's ... empty. @_@

For high quality renders, I reeeallly suggest AnimeRender. :x You need 20 posts to get into the gallery but it's totally worth it. Very high quality pro renders.

Ezzo!

conejo.
    Years
    Hm, the tag looks nice. But the text seems to be drawing attention away from the real focal. the blue line going across the top is weird imo. and the coloring needs work.

sorry mine wasn't detailed lol.

---------------------------------

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years
    Hm, the tag looks nice. But the text seems to be drawing attention away from the real focal. the blue line going across the top is weird imo. and the coloring needs work.

sorry mine wasn't detailed lol.

---------------------------------
    First of all I can barley see the render thats not very good D:
    I hate those blue lights/aura they seem very out of place and It's pretty hard to rate this because I can barley see anything, I usualy like your work too D:
    1/10

Rate either one~

FireTears

Animator and Artist
    Years
    It's been what? Over a month since I posted something on PC forums? I really need to make a post xD

Banner making isn't my thing, so I am not to be depended on constructive criticism on banners here :/

Your banner's subtext on the upper left hand side is very small. I can barely read it at all. Otherwise, the lighting of the image fits the background well c: The sharpened image adds a good effect too. 8/10

Anyway, here is a banner I made today that needs some criticism. It is just one of my few not so great banners that I've made, so HARSH IS BEST. c:

Also here is a recent banner I made and a matching avatar.

All contents of these banners except for the blood splatter brushes and fonts made by me c:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I'm fairly new to tag making so this is a little bit of a risk I guess. Might as well show what I made.
    You can see the original render, it wasn't too exciting but I wanted a challenge so feel free to rate and drop some tips my way ;]

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
    I'm fairly new to tag making so this is a little bit of a risk I guess. Might as well show what I made.
    You can see the original render, it wasn't too exciting but I wanted a challenge so feel free to rate and drop some tips my way ;]

Hmm.. I like the colours.. I love the background.. And the Brush strokes look awesome... Anyway for the rating part... The brush strokes are confusing and look unnecessary, the render could blend better in.. The white render behind really isn't doing anything.. It's hard to find a flow on the banner.. The colours in the banner semi match, but they could match a bit better... I would suggest using a C4D to create a flow.. :)
    Also the light source on top.. Flawless I love it.. :D!
    And also.. Try adding a audience map.. Maybe try adding a couple off them.. :D

There is my horrible banner.. Screwed up the clipping mask, border and text.. ;;

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Hmm.. I like the colours.. I love the background.. And the Brush strokes look awesome... Anyway for the rating part... The brush strokes are confusing and look unnecessary, the render could blend better in.. The white render behind really isn't doing anything.. It's hard to find a flow on the banner.. The colours in the banner semi match, but they could match a bit better... I would suggest using a C4D to create a flow.. :)
    Also the light source on top.. Flawless I love it.. :D!
    And also.. Try adding a audience map.. Maybe try adding a couple off them.. :D

There is my horrible banner.. Screwed up the clipping mask border and text.. ;;
    6/10. I like the colors and how it blends on the right side but the eye and hand floating around scares me D:. Still pretty good.

Nell

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2009
    Wow, it's been ages since I've posted here. o_o;
    @FireTears: Your plea for criticism seems to have been ignored, so:
    I would suggest scrapping some of the splatter, lol. Especially near Hitsugaya's face in the upper section, it's just a bit murky and ugh-ish. The animation's tight though, smooth frames and a flowing colour scheme. :>
    7/10, Kudos! :D

Wink

Everyone loves a circus.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 24, 2010
    I made this about 5 minutes ago, thought I'd post it up. (: Made in Photoshop Elements 6.0.

EDIT:

Made this, I really like it. I'll probably change my signature to this banner. :3 I like it more.

I'd love to hear your opinions and crits. <3~

Last edited:

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    ^ The first one is really nice, but I'm not liking how the circle face of the girl is right next to the other face of her. To be honest, it looks like if she has two heads. I'm not sure if that was the intention but...

As for the second one, it looks rather nice. However, it seems to have almost the same design as the first one [the dots, the lines, etc.]. Perhaps if you could try different brushwork and different effects it'd look nice.

Anyways, I just finished this one a minute ago, and I was hoping for some criticism.

Wink

Everyone loves a circus.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 24, 2010
    ^ The first one is really nice, but I'm not liking how the circle face of the girl is right next to the other face of her. To be honest, it looks like if she has two heads. I'm not sure if that was the intention but...

As for the second one, it looks rather nice. However, it seems to have almost the same design as the first one [the dots, the lines, etc.]. Perhaps if you could try different brushwork and different effects it'd look nice.

Anyways, I just finished this one a minute ago, and I was hoping for some criticism.

Thanks for the good crits! :3 I'll take them into account next time, as for them being similar, they had to be, because the images themselves had a similar colour-scheme. D: Thanks again, anyway! :3

As for your banner, I like it, but I do personally think the background is a little bland. I suppose it's because I'm used to seeing C4Ds and fractals and stuff, but it just seems a little empty. And some kind of border goes a long way too :3 <3

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    I made this about 5 minutes ago, thought I'd post it up. (: Made in Photoshop Elements 6.0.

EDIT:

Made this, I really like it. I'll probably change my signature to this banner. :3 I like it more.

I'd love to hear your opinions and crits. <3~

In the future, please refrain from posting banners if you're not going to rate. This rule is clearly stated in the first post and I will begin counting it as spam if it gets out of control (directed to everyone, not just you).

Now, next poster must rate this (or I might just come back later and rate it myself):

Once again I will post my banners for they were sadly ignore :(
    *Glares angrily at Wink*

Dragonbane

Beards are now mandatory
    Years
    Once again I will post my banners for they were sadly ignore :(
    *Glares angrily at Wink*

The first one is okay, however the text on the bottom is blurred and hard to make out.

For the second sig, it would have been better if the blurred render in the BG was purple like the large render. But it's good, even I can't do the monotone effect. :(

Anyway, please rate these:

Azonic

hello friends
    Years

Hmm... it's unusual. I assume the focus is the arrows? Anyways, I don't really like it that much. It's really confusing, and the colors seem lacking. If I were you, I'd take more of a vector approach with bright solid bold colors rather than piling these textures and backgrounds on top of another. It seems LQ and blurry in parts too. What's that dark beehive pattern thing in the top right supposed to be anyways? ._.; It looks awkward and out of place.

Eh, its better. The bright white overlay layer on the right side is reeeally detracting from the banner. All the focus seems to shift to it when it should be on the render. The grundginess seems a little overdone. If I were making this banner, I'd make the background a tad bit darker. I'd add some light up behind the render to draw focus to it, and add some flashy c4ds near the bottom of the render so it looks nice and exciting. :3 Anyways, generally the further away you go from the render, the darker the background should be. This is to draw focus to your render, because your eyes automatically are drawn to bright patches first in a dark image.

I like the one in your sig though. :3

lol free rate~

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Your arrow tag Firra is lacking a focal point which is never a good thing. While it seems you have gone for a vector style, all the colours are dull (probably due to the clipping masks) and the shapes are quite low quality and blurry. While the arrows create flow in one direction, the rest of the effects just contrast and ruin the flow. Needs to be more vibrant and sharper.

Choose, rate, leave.

Last edited:

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    1. This thread will work somewhat like "The One Above" game. This means that you must rate the banner posted above your post in order to get yours rated. If the person above you did not post anything to be rated, then consider yourself lucky! You got a wildcard! If there is nothing specified to be rated in the post above, then go ahead and pick any banner to rate. However, you MUST RATE at least one banner!

There is no such thing as a free rate anymore.

the bitter end.

.only slightly insane
    Years
    @moments -
    The splash tag just annoys me for some reason. Everything about it, the text, the stock, etc. =/ 3.5/10
    I like the colors on the second one, though the effect on the girl seems a bit cut off if you know what I mean. 9/10
    55... It's alright I guess. Not a fan of pink, but I guess I shouldn't rate down because of this. 7/5

Rate!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back