• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Graphics Rating Thread [READ THE FIRST POST. D:<]

Status
Not open for further replies.

abarai

Howl, Zabimaru !
    Years
    @kai
    better than your previous sig, still once again you covered the render to much, try to make it more visible.

Conman

Knowledgeable Ignorance
    Years
    Blah, I love GFX :P

@Kai: Love the colors and blending, but the render could be a tab bit more visible. Also it may look better if you create a good flow.

So I guess I'll get my Feraligatr sig rated. It could be better, but it is one of my most recent banners. I mainly did it out of boredom and just because Feraligatr is my favorite Pokemon.

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    Aaah, so many new-ish graphics people coming in~ Yay! xD

Conman;; I like the overall concept, like how it looks like Feraligatr is underwater and such. I also like how its eyes are glowing, which is pretty cool. However, I think that it seems to be a bit too bright, especially just above its head. Making everything look a bit darker would also help in making Feraligatr's eyes look more menacing. The text position is good, it just looks like an odd choice of font. The text is also slightly distracting, so my eyes drift away to the text, instead of staying focused on the, er, focal. It's still a cool banner, though.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
    Conman; I really like the blue in your banner. ^^ It blends well together and it's a nice calming blue colour. I don't really like the side borders though, IMO.

-----

Last edited:

Uryū Ishida

Hishoku no Sora
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2009
    Conman;; I like The Whole Concept of it all, the under water look, the border is good, just maybe a thin line of black at the top and bottom?, but it is way TOO BRIGHT!!!, you should tone down the lighting, make your render stand out more WITH THOSE MENACING EYES!!! 9/10

Akari;; Its Quite nice,the render stands out just a bit too much for me. The text is Good, and the brushing is Excellent, only thing is yeah try to blend the render a bit more, like using brushing clipping masks. 8/10

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
    Akari: i think its pretty good. it gives away that sought of shiny effect. But there is something that i just cant put my finger on thats wrong about it.

megaman banner! rate plz.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
    Poke'd: I like the pattern at the bottom~ But I guess the background needs a bit more work and the render is kinda blurry, which makes the text and pattern stand out alot. And also the white border around the inside, I think you should have made the border go around. ^^;;

----

My previous banner~ Just wanted to see what people thought of it.

Last edited:

Shijuukara

i love my iPhone's
    Years
    A c e n d o

So I guess I'll get my Feraligatr sig rated. It could be better, but it is one of my most recent banners. I mainly did it out of boredom and just because Feraligatr is my favorite Pokemon.

i love the whole concept of the signature. the color, underwater effect, it looks lightningy.

i would rather have top and bottom borders instead of the sides. but i like it overall. :3

*squeal* :D!

haha, i love the green effect to it. :3 i really can't find much wrong with it. you could try blending the render and background a bit more. ;D

megaman banner! rate plz.

out of 10, i would rate it as 5.5/10.0

the render is too blurry for my taste. um. you could also work on blending the text more to go along with the background and such. as for the extra art on the bottom, it seems a bit random. if you keep it, find a way to blend it. practice more and you'll the hang of it. ;D

Idle.

Seriously.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2008

:S I decided to experiment with GIMP's lighting and shadow effects.Can't notice the shadow and added a ripple for a smooth , relaxing effect =]]

Zebra Thunderhead

the avenger
    Years
    @Conman - It'd be really nice if half of his upper body wasn't MIA. o_o For text, I recommend using either all caps or all lower case. Rarely does capital letters only look good, and this is not the case. Get rid of that line under Feraligatr, too. It's out of place and it's disrupting the flow.
    @Akari - Green is a hard color to pull off in tags, so I'd stay away from it. Plus, there's way too much of it. Add some magenta to even out the green, and then use some colors that aren't so bright.
    @Poke'd - It's really plain, and I'm not a fan of the swirls overlapping the stock. Also irked by the fact that the beam thing wasn't cleanly cut. Have the tag flow <--- since that's how your stock flows, so arrange the swirls accordingly. It needs a ton of depth, too, since there currently is zero. Scrap the text, too.
    @Akari x2 - It looks just like the stock slapped on a black background with a little drop shadow/bevel added to it and a few scanlines here and there. I understand that your tag wants a night feel, but you can achieve that without using infinitely dark colors. Since you already have text and tiny text, I'd scrap the text with your name.
    @Evilcheese - Hmm... it's an interesting concept, although I think it'd be a heck of a lot better with a smaller canvas. It's extremely plain, and it'd be better if you made the lineart curvy.
    @Kai - Way too green, and the bluriness of that arrow bothers me. The text sticks out too much and blurred vectors look strange.
    @Viper - The glow around Gengar needs to go, and you have two lightsources. One the lens flare, and the other in the bottom left. Also, add more of a foreground since it's all background right now. And add some depth, too.

Phew. <: D

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
    yeah CME's here! were where you?

anyway i know the thing i made wasnt really good i didnt expect it to be eather.

oh yeah a banner:

the render was cool so i made a banner.

Zebra Thunderhead

the avenger
    Years
    A wonderful little thing called grounded. xD

Anyways, I don't like how much the stuff flows over Naruto. It's too cloudy and all the yellow/tan throws me off. The overlay border is also weird, especially since it's so thick. Add some different colors. Blue and yellow are complementary, so add some blue in there.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Whoo, I'm back too! <3 Although I only just got back, so I got no stuff to share. xD Sorry~

evilcheese; Ahh, I like it much much better than it's predecessor. It's nice to have some color, but I would suggest un-de-saturating Naruto a bit. Enough so that his hair is like, still blonde, y'know? D: That way he'll stick out a little more.

The border is incredibly cute, but the rendering on his nose looks a little choppy, which is distracting. The smudging or whatever looks a little too foggy on his right as well.

It's a definite improvement from the last banner I saw from you though, which was... from four days ago, but still. xD I can read the text and see the render. That's a major step forward. xD

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    CheesePeow;; Oh, Crashink. I would have had no idea on who you were, if it weren't for your user title. Eheh, I had to dig deep in my memory vault (and look at some of your past graphics shops >.>) to remember what your previous banners had looked like.

Anyway, I would have to say that in comparison to your old ones, this one is probably the best ^^ Emphasis on probably o__o So, er, I actually like this one. The background is definitely nice, but make it stand out just a bit more, since it looks a bit empty around the focal. Also I don't like the yellow bit behind his neck. Which looks like hair. The render needs some blending into the background. But it sort of has a nice depth. Overall, the banner needs that little bit more effects, just to make it stand out more.

Idle.

Seriously.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2008
    @Kai. The banner colurs are good and a good choice of bg but the render is very hidden and the text is hard to read.Maybe try darkening the text or colours around it and bring the render up a few layers (if you have a few) and make it look like it is Weavile in the banner.Overall I would say about 8/10 it would be about 9.5/10 if you had done the things I suggested but anyways, good banner!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back