• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Graphics Rating Thread [READ THE FIRST POST. D:<]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    Gerri;; It looks pretty cool. I like the metallic texture. But it looks a bit too dull, so try and making it shinier :D And expand on the eclipse thing in the back (is it an eclipse thing) Also, maybe just add some of that worn-down metal look I can see on the S. I think it'd look pretty cool if it was on some of the other letters ^^

Ishida;; I prefer v1, yo. The scan lines on the second one look a bit distracting. Anywho, it looks like a really nice banner overall ^^ Is it smudge? Because I like it~ It has really nice colours, and the flow is good as well. The sparkly stuff is PURE WIN <3 Although, it looks to be a bit too heavy on some areas, and empty in others. The render/stock is really low quality, though. Also, there are some patches which seem to be way too bright. The left side of the banner looks quite empty, as well (text?). A border wouldn't be bad, I just don't know what kind would look good with it. So, yes, it really is quite nice. And it has L in it. Which makes it even better xD

Uryū Ishida

Hishoku no Sora
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2009
    comments by shira-chan to my banner :P;; yes it is a smudge banner, i used a stock, i found a screen shot from death note and used that, so thats probably why it isnt that good of quality. i was thinking about some text, but im not real good with it, so ill try and find something to fit with it. I really stuffed up my lighting, it ended just looking like a patch of white =_. Anywho just if you didnt know, its demidian, i got Photoshop, because i thought it would help me improve alot more than gimp, well im gonna work on another banner (probably similar to this one, but not quite)

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
    hiy guys, 2 banners to rate:P

i dont know what happened to the right border...

some guys liked this, so i decided to post it here.
    raete please

Uryū Ishida

Hishoku no Sora
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2009
    Poke'd (rowan/gimpuser/myoldstudent:P);;the first one is nice, good flow, noise, motion blue, every works out well, the text needs working on though 8/10. Second one is too dark, i can hardly see anything including the text, but good try blending the render 7/10.

---

Yeah It's a bit similar to the last one, just tried to do a bit more, and with better stock and some text, IMO its pretty much the same. Rate and Criticise Please.

Xoo

bam, baby!
    Years
    Poke'd: Those look really nice, I like them. The text could be a bit more noticeable, though.
    Demidian: Looks cool, it all kinda flows together, the smudging adds nice texture, too.

I kinda like how these turned out.

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
    Kai.: wow, a LoZ banner! the text blends in, and... and, well its just pretty awesome!
    Me, Myself and I: i love making banners

i thought it turned out ok.

Olz.

The Magic Auroa
    Years
    Wow that looks really cool, the white slodges give the effect of lightning xD

Mine is REALLY BAD, it's my first on photoshop :), i don't know how to add a border!! :D

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
    @mismagius - its way better than my first try. its plain and nice its a good first banner. but the text is hard to read. dont worry ive been working with photoshop for almost a year and i am still bad at text.

@Poke'd - ah the filter effect are a little too much which gives the render bad quality. so i would tone that filter layer down a little.

@myoki - Omg its suta ratio. anyways there basically the same things you've done before so yeah try something a little diffrent.

well i would like to rate all of them but im too lazy and because i dont have a banner to be rated myself. i havent because there have been so many requests lately in my shop i dont have time for myself.

EDIT:

but i made one anyway:

or 2 versions of one to be exact.

Last edited:

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    Ishida;; Ooh, this one looks better for some reason, in my opinion. I like the different colours in the smudged bit, but I think it needs a bit of work, since there's a bit too much areas of dull gray, and it is, well, dull. I do like how it looks like Altair is moving through the fog or cloud, though. The text is bad D: Take off the Xs, since an assassin is supposed to look threatening, and, well, the text doesn't really convey that too well. It also looks distracting, just stuck to his arm like that. As with the last one, the banner looks quite empty overall :| The light source also looks quite forced, as if it was just added for the sake of having a light source.

Myokai;; They all look quite similar, so I guess I'll just be rating them as a whole ^^ That style really doesn't fit the Suta-Raito artwork. I think that a more vector-type banner, with bright colourful shapes and such would look better, but whatever. The colours you used seem lackluster, and the renders stand out far too much in comparison. The effects don't look appealing to me, either. Like what evilcheese has said, I think it's a similar style to the one you usually use, so try some different ones as well.

Kai.;; Aah, it's Midna! xD I always thought that her head was too big, and it definitely looks like it in that banner. The black and green colour scheme seems to fit, and the grungy effects are nice as well. The text doesn't seem to be too bad, either. You have no idea how difficult it is for me to not rant about large text in banners. Overall, it's good. But it just seems to be missing something. Maybe some more effects just to add that 'wow' factor? I don't know.

Poke'd;; Hitsugaya-taichou <3 Anyway, I think that the effects look quite messy, and it ruins the render. The light source looks way off; move it closer to the focal point, since lighting is supposed to help place focus on the render. Or take it off. Text is almost impossible to read, so change it to white, or a different colour so that it can be seen. The background effect looks quite cool, but make it a lighter shade of blue, since the contrast with that colour and white is far too great.

Mismaguis;; That's not too bad for a first try. As evilcheese has already said, the text is really quite hard to read (text is one of the few things which is hard to get right, for most people). The faded blue to the right is quite nice. Basically, it just needs some more effects. I won't complain about that too much, though, since it is your first go ^^

evilcheese;; To be honest, this one looks quite rushed and unfinished D: The first one looks too monotonous, and the colours on the second one definitely needs some work. The smudging is quite nice, but I don't like how the area underneath is light yellow, while the rest of the banner is brown. The lighting is a too prominent, and the font choice is a bit weird. The pen tooling underneath the text is a nice little touch, though.

Olz.

The Magic Auroa
    Years
    Well, I can't really rate.. since i'm quite bad.. but i'll do evilcheese's;;
    It looks, honastly, rushed xD. Would look nicer with a border in my opinoin.

Heres mine, I did 2 this time :)

That was my 2nd try.

That's probably my BEST.

Shika

F o r e s t Wizard
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2009
    I'll rate the second one.

Did you add something to the original stock. Or did you just finished it with the settings from 'Filter'? The outcome is not bad + it's your third try. But it definitely can be better.

-------------------
    OMG. I got 2. (not posting another one yet) And both of them are quite old. Around a month I guess. But that's the last time I made banners

https://img29.picoodle.com/img/img29/4/2/16/f_Kirbym_ea1e110.png

Olz.

The Magic Auroa
    Years
    I changed the saturation, Smudged the skin a bit to make it look Less-pixelised. Then added the filter.

Lol i just did two more..

The filter IS SUPPOSED to fit with the meaning of the text xD

Don't understand the meaning of this one >.<

Shika

F o r e s t Wizard
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2009
    I changed the saturation, Smudged the skin a bit to make it look Less-pixelised. Then added the filter.

Oh, new suggestions.
    Try rendering the stock and make your own background. Shrink down the render's size too. It's too big currently.

-Not rating as the rules say I can skip-

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
    Shika: That's really cute. ^^ The colours all match each other. I guess the one thing I don't like is the colour of the text. White and pink would have looked much better. Or a lighter purple. Overall, it's good.

First time posting here~

Last edited:

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
    Years
    @ Akari: I think we've got another awesome graphic creator here ^^
    Just wow. It's aweome. The colors are great, but the text could be put up
    more so you could see it ^^;;; overall, it's incredible!

Just rate >< I rendered it myself, so it must be pretty bad.

Olz.

The Magic Auroa
    Years
    that looks really cool. Would be nice with a bit more colour :)

Hehe, 2 more.. I'm on a role..

Shika

F o r e s t Wizard
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2009
    @ Akari: Thanks. 1 more GFX artist I envy at >D

@ Kai.: I personally thinks that Akari's text is her own style. xD

@Mismagius: As I said before, don't just you filter effects. Background is empty and the picture is too big.

abarai

Howl, Zabimaru !
    Years
    @evil cheese
    i see you used a lens flare, personally i dont like them, they look bad imo, nice blending and text but the sig seems empty, add some more effects ,

@mismagius
    1: not bad, the text on the hat is nice but poor placement with the other text, part from that i like it.
    2: espeon is really low quality, try not to use low quality images in sigs, rarely works out, theres no blending, try to blend the rende into the sig, instead of making a bg then slapping an image on it
    3: looks like very little has been done, a filter and maybe a little smuding, not to fond of the text either
    sorry if i sound harsh, just trying to help ^^

@shika
    nice work, no complaints

@ akari
    quite nice, love the text well done, no complaints ^^

@kai
    the rendering isnt bad, just not a good render, looks very lq (low quality) , andd some more colour, its to monotone at the moment, the text is ok, but kinda hard to see, keep trying though, you'll get better ^^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back