• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Graphics Rating Thread [READ THE FIRST POST. D:<]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illusion~

O P T I C A L//I L L U S I O N
Years
@ Xenocrates:

I'd rate the siggy a 10/10. I like the fact that the single point of light is slightly off-center. When I looked at the whole thing my eyes went straight to that point. I also like that the little orb of light seems to light up the whole sig. Finally, I simply like it because I can't make any graphics that well yet, so to me your sig looks that much more good. Well done! ^^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Could someone please rate my stamps?

hauntstamp-1.gif

kyubistamp-1.gif

toadstamp-1.png

luigistamp-1.png

Any advice would be helpful! Oh and btw, I didn't animate the sprites on my own, but I did all the imagery effects myself though ^^;;;

RYOUKI

survive the world.
Years
For me to like, subscribe to this thread, I'm gonna rate-y rate-y.

Xeno-san: The Banner is a bit huge, I think you should shrink it a bit, also I think the image is off, a low-quality, so yeah. :/

Illusion~: The Haunter and Naruto one is pretty good, but then... the last two is like blurry. Low Quality Image = Not very good.

EDIT~ness: I was making random banners when I saw this cool image. I made a banner out of it, I'm positive about all, but the text.

tengenluren.png

Last edited:

Momoko

OMGOODNESS THATS NOT TRUE WDF!
Years
Ugh i am SOO not in the mood for this but i need my banner rated >,< oh well..

@ryo(duh)-it's another one of your amazing grafix i luv the pic and how/where the render is placed. You could have added some more effect,or at least more of a background but still it's really nice. about the text,i was searching like a min for it i was like "wth where is it"and then i finally found it..i think you should make it a tad bit bigger because it looks looks another one of those small flying pieces..soo 8.5/10 kuz im feelin nice that i made this awezome graphic...

it's the coolest and most complex-iest grafik ive made so far and i luv it :)
ratings??

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
Years
Illusion~ - I think those are really cool! I've been seeing them around a lot lately, and- *shot* I like the Toad one. Mostly because Toad is by far the AWESOMEEST MARIO CHARACTER EVAH. Srsly. But anyway, I think they're really cool so 8/10 (some of them were just a little fuzzy 'tis why)

Ryouki - It's really pretty go the eye, but I didn't even notice there was an ARM over there. The blending is great, but a little TOO great (this problem probably has something to do with the fact that I just briefly glanced at it.) The colors flow nicely, and the text is pretty good. I'm not a huge fan of pixelated fonts but it fits nicely kinda.

9/10 because the only things I found wrong with it were personal opinions XD

Sasuke_Darkness - THAT my friend... is hawt. The brushes in the back kinda sorta fit the image, and the outer glow on only one side looks nice. Yes, that is the coolest and complexiest banner thingy I have seen FROM YOU <33 9.5/10

HINAHIKUBANN1.png

And I have one that needs rating. Every time I tried blending Hinagiku in there it looked really really... bad ._.
And that brush with the big X of WIN is the brush I'm currently attracted to, so expect to see it again in the near future~

Last edited:

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
Years
Ugh i am SOO not in the mood for this but i need my banner rated >,< oh well..

@ryo(duh)-it's another one of your amazing grafix i luv the pic and how/where the render is placed. You could have added some more effect,or at least more of a background but still it's really nice. about the text,i was searching like a min for it i was like "wth where is it"and then i finally found it..i think you should make it a tad bit bigger because it looks looks another one of those small flying pieces..soo 8.5/10 kuz im feelin nice that i made this awezome graphic...

it's the coolest and most complex-iest grafik ive made so far and i luv it :)
ratings??

i like it probably the best sig you ever made nice job!

For me to like, subscribe to this thread, I'm gonna rate-y rate-y.

Xeno-san: The Banner is a bit huge, I think you should shrink it a bit, also I think the image is off, a low-quality, so yeah. :/

Illusion~: The Haunter and Naruto one is pretty good, but then... the last two is like blurry. Low Quality Image = Not very good.

EDIT~ness: I was making random banners when I saw this cool image. I made a banner out of it, I'm positive about all, but the text.

tengenluren.png

ooh dats kinda awsome! it has a nice effect but a little more blue on the side will look cooler.

Illusion~ - I think those are really cool! I've been seeing them around a lot lately, and- *shot* I like the Toad one. Mostly because Toad is by far the AWESOMEEST MARIO CHARACTER EVAH. Srsly. But anyway, I think they're really cool so 8/10 (some of them were just a little fuzzy 'tis why)

Ryouki - It's really pretty go the eye, but I didn't even notice there was an ARM over there. The blending is great, but a little TOO great (this problem probably has something to do with the fact that I just briefly glanced at it.) The colors flow nicely, and the text is pretty good. I'm not a huge fan of pixelated fonts but it fits nicely kinda.

9/10 because the only things I found wrong with it were personal opinions XD

Sasuke_Darkness - THAT my friend... is hawt. The brushes in the back kinda sorta fit the image, and the outer glow on only one side looks nice. Yes, that is the coolest and complexiest banner thingy I have seen FROM YOU <33 9.5/10

HINAHIKUBANN1.png

And I have one that needs rating. Every time I tried blending Hinagiku in there it looked really really... bad ._.
And that brush with the big X of WIN is the brush I'm currently attracted to, so expect to see it again in the near future~

its cute is what i can say. add some text and you got a nice lookin sig

made two versions of this one:

gyrados.gif

this one the render stands out.

gyrados2.gif

this one is with the gradient map on the render.

Last edited:

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
Years
Hah I had to come back ._.

evilcheese - I like the both equally. The colored one pops out at you and doesn't look bad, and the other one blends in nicely. I like the effects too, they look nice ^-^ 10/10

GOKU1.png

^I finished this like... 30 seconds ago.

Illusion~

O P T I C A L//I L L U S I O N
Years
@ Chikara:

10/10, even though the font style isn't really my favorite ^^; I do like the alone/gloomy mood of the sig, and I think that the boy having little bat wings and the choice of background really makes him seem like even more of an outcast. Well done ^^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I just made my first ever avvy and siggy set a few minutes ago, so I would like it rated. I did it in the stamp-style, since I'm really into stamping now ^^;;

tailstmpavvy.png

tailstmpsig.png

*Note-I did everything on paint except for the fading effects..

Pikabloo

Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2010
Ryouki;; [I'm rating yours cause I feel like it (and it sort of stood out the most as I just scrolled down the page) >.>] MAI GOODNESS ME D: That's probably the best banner I've seen from you as of yet! And where'd you get that image? I can't get any decent images from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann anywhere. Anyway, that's a really great banner. Very nice lighting, and the colours are really lovely as well. Although, as you have said, the text is a bit meh. Also, the left side is looking a bit empty. More effects would look better, I think (maybe make those flow-y red things which look like C4Ds stand out more) and there's a little scribbly thing at the bottom right-ish section of the banner. But that's definitely one cool banner ^^

Illusion~;; I think I'm going to focus on rating the banner ^^ The stamp style is, er, interesting, I guess. It looks a bit pixely if you look at it closely, but it definitely helps with the cartoon-y look of the banner. I sort of don't like the placement of the image, though. I'm not into banners where only the face of the character is visible. Also, the vector-ish circles in the background stand out more than Tails, since the image's opacity is low. Oh, and the text colour makes it stand out way too much... I like the font used though ^^ And that's it? I think? o.o

----------

Cause I didn't get many comments about this banner from the previous thread, I'd like it rated/commented on/whatevered, please~

yuichibanner.png

[I know it's empty on the left side, and I don't really need to be told about that time and time again D:]

And I'm going to post this one as well, because I love it so much >.>

abstract2-2.png

Shika

F o r e s t Wizard
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 18, 2009
And OMG. Why do I have to rate yours?
Um yes. As it's in the rules,
Shiranui: (xD) The first one is awesome. I'm guessing that you used clipping masks on the flower brushes? And the greenish lighting from the right side of his shoulder is awesome yeah. Text would be nice too.

For the second one, yeah. I already commented on this one I think... But I forgot about the text part, I would like it more if the text is a little bit more on right as I can barely see 'l'

------------------
Teh newest one, I haven't made one in ages.

f_ChibiIchigom_248a903.png

The busiest banner of me ever. I personally like it more without texts.

BreD

Where's ButteR?
Years
@Evilcheese
I preffer the red one alot more.
The spiral thing is very cool, The colours go well, and the the lighter red for the lightning adds to the wallpaper greatly.
Personaly i preffer simple wallpapers, and ones with nothing behind where my icons are, but this one is an exception ^^
lflowv2sigqk7.png

I tried to make a copy of my Sasuke sig... it didn't turn out as well...
But it's still good.
Also i know i used the same render as my latest sig, it's 'cause it rocks.

Years
@BreD: L is the best. I like how the text is, but I think it should be more visible. The parts of the background that are dark could use a bit of work, but it still looks good. 8/10.

I'd like this rated please.

EdElriccopy.png

Made with Shiranui's tutorial.

EDIT: Nevermind, rate the one in my current signature since this one does not have a border.

Pikabloo

Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2010
Relyt;; Hmm... The spatter brushes are a bit too 'droopy'. I guess it simply looks quite odd. I think spatters with more defined edges would work better. And the colour of the spatters to the right of the banner looks a bit odd, and doesn't really match the rest of the theme. The light source is in the right position, but I think that the yellow-ish orb on his automail should have been moved so it's on the shiny bit of his arm, since it looks like there are two shiny bits O_o Oh, and the pink light source makes his forehead stand too much xD The text effects are... Meh-ish :| A more simple text style with block-ish font would have worked, I think, but I don't know for sure. Oh, and the border is okay, but a plain white one would look better, in my opinion ^^

---

Aaaah, I forgot you can ask wallpapers to be rated xD Okay, I have two:

The Law of Ueki wallpaper

Abstract wallpaper (kind of O_o)

Warning: they're quite big xD

Momoko

Years
ok *big breath*

@poke-roy- for the first one, it looks really plain and could have dont without the outer glow on homer,the rest looks fine though and i like the font (also matches really well) so 6/10 for plainess

for ur second one, the outer glow seems more appropriate and has less of a plain background it's the same style as the other one, though, what appears to be many gradients all over it..7.5/10 bekuz of a better background

for ur third one- wow! I really like it but again its that same style which is getting boring now-it would have looked better without it, imo. anyways try adding more effect instad of the "X" default brush and the shiny gradient type style..anyways 8.5/10 for this kuz it was done a lot better.

id like to get this rated

took me about an hour and im happy with the outcome :) rate please

Pikabloo

Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2010
-ignored-

DD:

Anyway...

Sasuke_Darkness;; The render is uber cool, but it looks like it's been stretched out horizontally, and it looks really odd. The blue effects on your banner are pretty interesting but are sort of pixel-y towards the left side of the banner, although the rest of the background looks okay. The render needs more blending with the background, since it sticks out a bit too much, and the colour choices for the background and effects are sort of strange. Oh, and the text sticks out a bit too much as well. And there's a bit too much empty space, due to the length of the banner.

---

Hmm... Rate my latest banner, I guess:

nekubanner-3.png

I kind of fell in love with the outcome, but I dunno.

Momoko

Years
another failed experiment...ok here goes

@shiranui- it looks really cool and the render somewhat matches with the background. The effects coming from the bottom look really cool, but the balls of light would look better with a lowered opacity imo.i also like the colors u used for your background...the text here does stand out a bit but it looks really good altogether. Nice job!

Shika

F o r e s t Wizard
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 18, 2009
@Shiranui: I like it. Nice render positioning and light source. A lovely done Clipping Mask-ed Text and decorating. Even though the border would look better if it is with gradient. Good job~
I was going to rate everything with just a word 'Nice' xD

People, Please rate my Ichigo banner again? xD

f_ChibiIchigom_248a903.png

EDIT: I was beaten. The rating above was to Shiranui.

Last edited:

Utami

Heart Of Terror
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 21, 2010
@Shika-kun

The right side doesn't blend well into the left side. I think you overdid it on the effects. All those extra effect really take your eyes away from the focal point.

BreD

Where's ButteR?
Years
@Shika-kun
It's great ^^ But the right side would look better on lower opacity.
I like the squares in the background, it adds to it nicely ^^

I made this after seeing Shiranui's pentool tutorial, just to test it out.
I put a swirl round his arm.
superpunchsigcopymi1.png

A mini sig~!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back