• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Graphics Rating Thread [READ THE FIRST POST. D:<]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xoo

bam, baby!
    Years
    It's a bit to tall for me, and nothing matches. Maybe get rid of some of the spaces, size down the text, and centering it would help.
    ~5/10

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
    @Narumaru - its too big and will be dissabled pretty soon. and i agree with myoki centered match the color scheme and itll look nicer.

used the render again. made two versions deciding on which one to put on my sig. i will put a border, text, and scanlines.

Hazuki

delenda est.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2011
    @ evilcheese: Somehow I think I like the second one better. Maybe it's because I can see Salamence's color more. But the first one is good too. All the colors blend really well. I also like your lighting effect too. If it wasn't there, then it would be too dull. :)

This was from a request.

This one was because I was bored. xD;;;

Years
    @ evilcheese: Somehow I think I like the second one better. Maybe it's because I can see Salamence's color more. But the first one is good too. All the colors blend really well. I also like your lighting effect too. If it wasn't there, then it would be too dull. :)

This was from a request.

The pink for the text is a bit bright and hurts my eyes a little. I gotta say it's very cute. :3 I'll give you a ... 9/10

Blah a bit dark for me. Here's that Darkrai banner I made awhile ago:

~A.R

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
    @darkrai banner - i like it im seriously ok with the banner nice job. a little bit too much outer glow on darkrai tone it down a little

@hazuki - since im so generous today ill rate yours aswell. the drue one is not the best color scheme i would personoly make the background green so it matches his hair and maybe a ltitle lower on the texture. the dawn one is cut (cuase of pink) i really dont have a problem with it good job.

the final version i added scanlines, a border and text witch BTW has a clipping mask from the light source.

Uryū Ishida

Hishoku no Sora
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2009
    @ DA CHEESE:(lol) well the final product looks awesome! i like how you used the light reflecting off the text, but you could of made the text a little brighter, overall i think its an EXCELLENT JOB!:P 9.9/10

Momoko

OMGOODNESS THATS NOT TRUE WDF!
    Years
    Sorry for not rating anybodys,im in a hurry kuz i gotta get to bed,and demi didnt post anything to be rated so...
    anyways my latest masterpiece..been a while kuz my comp got like a million viruses but...

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    I'm in a burry so I'll just rate Sasuke's.

Sasuke_Darkness: The Color didn't blend, and the backround attracts too much attention, sorry but then... your banner isn;'t very good.

Not my very best, but I'm in a hurry to make this so:

@Color Me Evil: You gotta give me that tutorial you used on that banner. :3

Years
    I dont know if this pic is to big or If I cant show this tut here. If i am please tell me if it is easy to follow, and you can do it your self. And please delete the image if it is not allowed kuz it is a perty huge image.
    https://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k284/andytoe/Tutorial.jpg
    PS. Where could I post this tut

The Graphics Tutorials Thread right under this thread. I think it should be a bit bigger, I can't read the tutorial. And just post the link in the tutorials thread.

@Ryouki: Really nice! I like it a lot. He blends so well with it and stands out, but it doesn't really bother my eyes, excellent job! 10/10.

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    ElCapitano;; Photobucket tends to shrink down large images, so I suggest you upload it to a different website like Imageshack.

Anyway, I might as well rate some stuff.

Sasuke;; This is better than your current banner, but I sort of don't like it. The image is cool... And glowy. So it sort of stands out a bit. The chain stuff in the background are kind of meh, and the box-ish lines to the right of the banner are sort of 'huh?'. The text needs some work, as well. And the background is too dark compared to the rest of the banner.

Ry;; ... Simplicity is good? Haha. The colours are quite bright, but sort of adds a cartoon-y effect. Try out some different gradient maps, though. And I think it would look better without text.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    CME; I loveee the glowy orbs and splatterish stuff on the bottom. It's like something exploded and everythings floating to the top. >:D The glowy lines on the right are really cool as well, and it's a nice touch. I actually like this one better than the other one, from what I remember, because I love how he's kind of colored with monotone-grayish-blue colors while the background are really soft earth tones.

That font is amazling. xD I do think it looks kind of strange without a border, because I prefer that lighter banners have a border and darker ones don't. I'm not talking about one of those IN-YOUR-FACE borders, but maybe a black or white 1 px line around the inside edge, and lowering it's opacity to like, 15 so that it's barely visible would be awesome. (And then lasso'ing it off of the part where the render is at the top, so it looks like it sort of pops out?)

Just a thought, but it looks great as it is. The left shoulder looks like it's got little gray pixels around the edge though, so that's a tad bit odd, as though it wasn't cleanly rendered. Maybe it's just my resolution. xD;

Shika

F o r e s t Wizard
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2009
    @ CME: I like it a lot . Even though I'd love it more if I can see the face, but in the other hand, that's what attracted me so I don't know. xD Oh, the text would be better if it's moved a tad bit to the left. ^__^

---
    I don't make themes as much as I used to now...
    I think scanlines are quite obvious. And the text, I think it needs something. Thanks a bunch if you tell me how to improve. ^__^

Years
    @Shika-kun: Absolutely amazing. The scan lines are only really obvious in the lighter part of the banner.It's awesome how you made some parts of the light overlap Sasuke and other parts behind him, Pen tool I think? I'm starting to get used to it more, but I'd like to become pro with it. :P I love your banner. 10/10

Shika

F o r e s t Wizard
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2009
    XD You must have mistaken. I should have explained when I posted but I was in hurry.
    The overlapping lights are from the render + brush. The whiter ones are from render. Thank you, even though the render helped me a lot xD

Zebra Thunderhead

the avenger
    Years
    @Shika - Well the stock didn't show his eyes, so that's not my fault. xD Looking at the tag, I think it's a little too boxy, personally. And you have contrasting lightsources. The stock's light is coming from the bottom left, and while you have some light there, you also have it coming from the top right. And I think you'd be better off having a \/ shaped flow, instead of having it go in different directions.

Because studying for finals is overrated...

Everything was vectored by moi. @.@

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    @ CME it looks great & yeah...

Well I made something else in Photoshop coz I'm bored,

Comments please?

Last edited:

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Color Me Evil; Woooaaahhhh. :O

I do like this one very much. I love it! The vectory tastes are great, the bright colors really compliment, and the flow is wonderful~

And you vectored it all? xD That sounds majorly tough. Pain in the butt actually. But the end result looks really clean and nice, and I just can't put it into words how much I like this. xD The stars that are like, exploding from his hands are really cool. The music staff looks a little wonky (like, it's not 100% smooth and curvy?) but I don't know if that was intentional or not. xD

Total 10/10.

(Please take this one in priority. <3)

And

(Again. :B)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back