• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Graphics Rating Thread [READ THE FIRST POST. D:<]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zebra Thunderhead

the avenger
    Years
    That stock was a major pain in the butt to vector. >.< But because I love you all so much..

LE STOCK!
    Enjoy lovesicles. <: D I vectored dis mehself, so prz credit when used. 8D

Now.
    @Kerox - The stock is uber low quality. ): In fact... I can't really even tell what it is, except it looks like you didn't do much too it. The text sticks out way too much.
    @Xeno - I see you used my tutorial on the first one. xD Do you still want me to make a tag out of it for you? :3 I really like it! The colors go great together. I think some more glowing orbs of win would do this tag some justice. :3

On the Ichigo tag, the stock looks a little low quality, specifically around the hair. But I really love the depth and flow you created. But I'd turn down the opacity on those scanlines on the circle in the top right about 10-20%. The text looks splendid, too. :3

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    CME; OMG there's actually like, A THOUSAND orb-y things in that banner, they just... didn't show up against the white. ;; I'll figure out a way to make 'em show though. xD; Eventually. *FISH'd* And, I actually want to find a Byakuran picture to request with. It was what I originally wanted, so I spent like, two hours last night looking for it. I swear I saw it a week ago, and I have no idea where it went. xD; I'll re-request once I find it! <3 *will find it. I will find it. xD*

Turn down the scanlines. Okay, I gotta get that through my head. xD My scanlines are always really dark when I take a second glance. *fish'd* omg thank you, I loved the text so much I had to re-do it, even though the original I did at school looked horrendous. That's the whole reason I re-did the banner. xDD I had to have that text!

HOMG I gotta learn how to vector stuff. That is some amazing stuff right there. |D I think I'll make something with it once the homework flow lets up a bit. Thanks for sharing, I'll be sure to credit. Actually, I have an ingenious way to credit you. It'll be awesome. >:D Look forward to it~ <3

Edit; Haaa, Persona 3! I want to play that game... >:3

Last edited:

BreD

Where's ButteR?
    Years
    I love your Ichigo banner :D
    It's great, especialy the text... i can't tell what it is, but it rocks so much xD
    Possibly abit monotone, but it suits that kind of sig...
    If i have to give it a rating out of ten... 9.4/10.
    anyway, this is wierd i made another Sasuke sig, and i don't even like him that much... i think it's 'cause i keep finding great renders of him... ye it's that... xD

Also, a question to the next post / anyone, do i use "..." to much? xD

EDIT:
    this sig is alot darker than it seemed before may edit it abit and repost it later.

Momoko

OMGOODNESS THATS NOT TRUE WDF!
    Years
    zomg thats so good Bred! wish i kood create a sasuke sig like that! I actually made one myself...it reealy suks tho..
    anyways to your 9.5/10 im in a hurry to get to bed again =P anyways here it is
    lol everyones gonna say it suks

Zebra Thunderhead

the avenger
    Years
    @BreD - It would be a nice tag if there was any sense of flow to it. It would look much better if you had some sense of direction flowing along the path of the sword, since the stock flows that way. Depth too, prz.
    @Sasuke - Manga stocks are really hard to work with. :\ I usually say to keep the tag B&W, unless you can really pull it off, which is really hard to do...

And because I only got one *good* crit..

[/shameless plug]

Uryū Ishida

Hishoku no Sora
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2009
    @darkness: apart from the text i think it looks great :D i like the brush you used, but the render doesnt blend that well, overall 7/10 :D

Heres me latest production (YET AGAIN GIMP THE ONE AND ONLY)

COmments criticism VERY VERY WELCOME :D
    this was a manga stock same as darknez
    it was made by request

~Jack

MasterDookie

Is a murderer
    Years
    Well... During the Summer, I opened a graphic shop. And it failed horribly, because my banners sucked. Well, now my banners suck less (I hope).

Excuse the Rosalina render in the middle. :P

Uryū Ishida

Hishoku no Sora
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2009
    i havent seen your banners before, but that really does look good and the rosalina render does sort of blend in, considering ive played mario galaxy i reckon that lighting does give a a half space sort of feel great work :P 8/10

since he didnt rate it heres the request banner again:

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
    Years
    Hey guys, I'm back! Boy, do I need to catch up!
    Demidian: Its pretty good for a gimp banner, but the border is not taking my appeal, and neither is the image. 7.5/10
    MasterDookie: nice job, mabye some more brushes and a border would work ;D

Here are my latest workings:

Venusaur Banner: I test of using different texts to form one word, trying to find a new style. Please rate <3

Amy Rose banner: Not my best, but I felt like it had some quailty.

That is all. Please rate <3.

Zebra Thunderhead

the avenger
    Years
    @Demidian - His face is way too bright. o.O A foreground would be nice, too.
    @Dookie - Really bright. Eyedrop the blues from her eyes and add some other colors other than yellow. xD
    @Mizt - That Venasaur tag needs some srs cropping. Far too long and far too short. Makes the whole thing look squished. On the second one, with the text, either do it with all caps or all lowercase. Alternating between them looks unorganized. :\ Again, bright. :\

I give up on my Persona 3 banner. ;-;

Scrapbook, yay~

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
    Years
    the border bothers me, nice job tho
    here i am, the best banner maker in the world, posting another one of my faboulous banners! lol i am posting another plz rate.

And, yes another banner that looks 'cool' by me:

Last edited:

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
    @mizt - your back huh? i hope your time away has taught you the evils of the spam. anyway they both look really good all i would omplain about is that you should use a diffrent method fo blending

please rate

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    evilcheese; Ohhh, that cut-out with Sasuke's sharingan in focus is really cool evilcheese! In my opinion anyway. xD I think you should've done something to attract just a little more attention to that, unless you were trying to make it blend into the background. (Because it's hard to see at first.)

Well, first things first...

Scanlines! Crank 'em down wayyyyyyyyyyy lower. D: They stick out too much and really give the banner a sharp and distracting quality. I have the same issue, so I really shouldn't talk, but scanlines shouldn't be quite so obvious. It's also good if you use a soft brush on a low opacity to erase a little of the scanlines where you want the focus to be. ^^ The lighting looks alright, but I'm not too big a fan because for me, it's either obvious or it's not, and the lighting in this makes me wonder if it's lighting or just a gradient. xD;;

The lightning stuff is cool, but I think the ones on the left should be a tad bit thinner. The blending is good, and it's an overall good banner. ^^ I don't know about that border of yours though. You should try borders other than a black 1px border.

Mizt; I'm amazed. You didn't use the selection border! You have no idea how great that is. That is like, a major step. xD; The selection border was starting to get super old. Anyway, I like the squirtle banner better, but you should lower the opacity of those dots a bit. And shorten the distance between the main banner and the blue border. That's all I'm going to say though, because it's definitely the better of the two, so I want to tell you what I think is wrong with the second one.

Blending. D: The squares in the background make it look like you didn't render it at all. Especially since it's blurry and then it suddenly gets all square-ish. You'll want to understand how a blurry background works before smashing it with geometrical elements. The text placement is cute, and the spacing is great. But, the text decoration in the corner confuses me. They're called text decoration. So why is it so far away from the text? D: I mean, I'm not saying you can't do that, as I did the same thing in my Cloudy banner, but it's good to get a different kind of text decoration to use in other parts of the banner. Those little dots just don't look right all the way down there.

Also, this banner calls for a major resize. If the render is small, make the banner small. If the render is big, make the render smaller, and make the banner smaller. I personally prefer nicely sized banners, but if I had to choose, I say; a little taller > a little wider. If it's too wide, then it becomes hard to fill in the gaps, and that's exactly what's happened here. It's very very empty.

However, major improvement with the squirtle banner, kudos.

*edit*
    CME; You give majorly awesome comments, so I should probably rate yours. xD

Well, I don't really like this one quite as much as your other ones. The notebook effect is cool, and it's awesome how the paper looks like stationary with the girl being repeated in the banner, but the designs and the square in the middle of it all bother me a bit. It definitely wouldn't look as nice without it, but the super thick tannish border around it... I think it should be sized down just a bit so that it doesn't swallow up the text quite as much. The text effects are cool, placement is great, but there's... a lot of it. xD; I've never really liked banners with lots and lots of text, because I'm the kind of person who gets curious and tries to read all of it, but overall, it's pretty good.

---

Again. xD; If you've already rated this banner, then I'm really sorry, and feel free to skip over me.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Woah!

Major improvement dude!

... Not so much on the lighting, but eh. xD; I did like the old lighting better. But obvious I meant like, it's got a focal point. This just looks like a blob of white brushing. xD;

The new border looks alright, even though it's not a major change I personally like it better, the lowered opacity on the scanlines are great. Awesome job! >:D I forgot to comment on the text last time, but the opacity should've been lowered on the old one. The lighting seems to have made the text a little less obvious, but you should've used a cooler kind of font, and maybe put it on top of his sword instead of underneath it.

^^

--

Whoo!

I finally did that wallpaper I said I'd do with CME's Persona3 vector. It didn't turn out quite as I'd imagined it, and I'll say it flat out, I was thinking of the graphic from earlier when I did this. you can tell from the colors....

Persona3 Wallpaper

Please comment. ^^

Last edited:

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
    That wallpaper is actually pretty nice. (Might use it :P)

Though I do think it needs just a little more something in the blank spots, it's more white than colourful x]

I've got a banner here, it's plain because I made it that way xD.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back