• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Graphics Rating Thread [READ THE FIRST POST. D:<]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years

The colours are awesome, and I thought it would be really bright, but it's not actually since the darkness of the render makes it blend well. It sort of feels empty on the right though, but I guess if you added anything more, the whole thing would look too busy. And.. I guess that's all I can say really. XD; Great job. :3

The first one is good, the render blends well with the background, you'd think that it was part of the render (well.. I think it's a seperate background.. XD;;)

And the grimmjow one. :o I love the effects on it. I don't know what else you could do to improve it.. XD; Sorry, I kinda suck at criticism. :x

I don't really like the side border, and to me, it seems like you've just got a stock picture and added some lighting and a few brushes. D: And.. It's really empty.

Seems really messy to me and there's too much texture in it. Nothing really matches with anything, it seems really random to me. D: And yes, it's a bit sharp and I don't really like the lighting on the render and to me, it just seems you've used alot of brushes and there's no flow to it really. :<

I don't like how the render has low opacity. And.. It seems like you've just stuck a render on a background you've made.. The render lacks blending and I'm not too fond of the background text either. And you always seem to make your banners wide, which leaves a lot of room and empty space..

---

Finally, a banner I made without CD4's. XD;

With the swirl

Or without

At first, I thought the swirl was okay, then it seemed kinda out of place to me. D:

Last edited:

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
    Aizuke: I like the overall effects, except I don't understand where you wanted attention on the banner. I sought of looked all over the place and then I noticed the light source, to the legs? :S But I do like the way you added the text. The hair sought of sticks out too much, you might want to add some opacity to the edges of it so it blends together more. I haven't rated a banner in ages so im sorry if I sound stupid.

My SOTW entry, dunno why I wanted it plain, but I couldn't get what I originally wanted.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    Visual:
    Should made the text like:

Rainbow
    Rainbow
    Rainbow
    Rainbow
    Rainbow
    Rainbow
    Rainbow

Yes the green wouln't show up… but Something else there would've been nice.
    Aizuke:
    Boobs and pants. xB
    V2 with more colours.

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
    Zet: The right side of the banner is nice, but the left stands out too much and it doesn't match. I think you should take away that green thing next to his neck.

My new theme :D

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    Zet:
    Take off those darken layers off the blue and cape. Erase the white near the fingers, or make it look like a glow. Take off that blue shape or make it less prominent. That orange-red and magenta gradient looks nice… use hue / saturation to get other gradients for other shapes. Make the magenta on the left have some of that orange-red stuff too. Change the text. This has a lot of potential.
    Visual:
    The green red and grey needs to be brighter… especially comparing to the head. Change the font too. Love the avatar though.

Entered because of Zet's entry.

SwampertTrainer

The Lord of Photoshop
    Years

@ Originality Fails: okay, too many lens flares. Maybe one or two, but not... ten?? The text on the right is also very hard to see. It probably wasn't a good idea having rainbow on the left upside down, although I must admit it's very original. The colored bars are good, but you could probably have a few coming from the opposite side, even just one (perhaps under the bottom...) The diagonal one just messes things up big time.

A better entry of Tao (at least in my opinion):

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    SwampertTrainer: It's okay. The orange pentool / leaf brush thing on the far right really bothers me, since it's supposed to be dark over there. That's the main thing that bugs me. I don't think the border really fits the banner very well. Eh, I just don't think there was much done to it. 6/10~

SwampertTrainer

The Lord of Photoshop
    Years

@Unleash the Beast: The backgrounds on both of these are pretty good. The lighting on the Groudon banner is interesting, but nice. it's almost as if Groudon is causing an eclipse. The text could probably stand a little lower opacity, and blend your image more. The cinematic boarders don't really fit...

@Pikachu Fizzle: Pikachu... I can see where you're trying to go with this, but it's not really working... just too bright (something I've fallen victim to before as well). Like Groudon, you need to blend more. The text stands out too much (again, lower opacity or maybe even none at all). The best part of this is most likely the left-hand side of the background, good work on the lightning effect and the splatter looks good.

Here's mine, which kinda fell apart when I put in the sparkles, at in my opinion...

Another attempt with Tao:

Last edited:

Sandro™

Retired!
    Years
    Spoiler:

Here's mine, which kinda fell apart when I put in the sparkles, at in my opinion...

Spoiler:
    i think ill rate the one out of the spoilers.
    1st... yeah the sparkels isnt good on it... that's what i think... that orange light after it gives the banner some life. i mean that it makes it more eye catching. :) 8.5/10!

Here is 2 banners i made today while having nothing to do...

tell me what they need and what do i need to remove.

SwampertTrainer

The Lord of Photoshop
    Years
    Sandro;3972360 [IMG said:
    https://i348.photobucket.com/albums/q323/Sandro_91/Pokehackerflamebanner.png[/IMG]

I apologize if this is a bit harsh, since you seem to be just starting out =)

1st Banner: plastic wrap... yeah, no. Never does it look good. Never. Nor do really-fake looking preset styles. I can see you're new to PS. I can't really tell through the filter, but your background looks like a random stock you just Googled. So are the renders. At least DO something with them (and I don't mean add the preset stroke. no.)

2nd banner: Again, you just slopped a stock image on a stock background added some text and preset styles. There's really not much to say here that can improve it all.

And, here's mine again. If any of you hard-core guys want to throw some really tough stuff at me, please do so =) Thanks

I also need a 1st rate on this one:

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
    Swampert: The cat sig is a bit plain, it looks like a background with a few brushes. Plus it's a bit too dark on the left side. Fix up the text a bit aswell.

Years
    @Visual: The thing I like the most are the colours of the banner, the render/stock is HQ and it blends well into the background but keeps an exellent 3-Dimensional standing out with the awsome shadow at the back. The text is nice exept for the top right of the S which is way too transparent.

Gabri

m8
    Years
    @SwampertTrainer:
    1st banner: Oooo, I like this one. That glowy orange thing on the bottom left (which I think it's a Linear Dodged C4D, correct me if I'm wrong) is pretty nice and blends well with the rest of the banner. Those effects in the whole banner (making it look it's on the water) are really good. Seriously. I think you did good on this one. I don't think there's anything that needs to be better.

2nd banner: This one's a lil' bit too dark. The only light thing is at the bottom right of the banner. I don't think that banner is good compared to the other; but I can see you added some nice effects onto it, by looking at that light part. Make it a lil' lighter, and add some more light at the left. I think it'll be nicer that way.

@Visual: I think you blurred too much. Personally, I don't like blur in most of the tags, but I must recognize it may give nice effect onto them. That tag would be one of those, but it's too much blurred. The way you blended the render with the BG is nice, too; I just think it would be better with less blur.

@Kyen: Oooo, blazing effects. I love that. But the right shouldn't be too dark; maybe turn it into a dark red? I don't know. No more comments.
    -------------
    Posting two this time:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back