• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Graphics Rating Thread [READ THE FIRST POST. D:<]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years

1st banner; the render is a bit blurry and doesn't really blend well with the background. I suggest using some gradient maps to help match the colours. And the yellow/orange thing on the bottom left, looks out of place, but I guess that's because of the lack of blending. D;

2nd banner; seems kinda too plain, and.. the font of the text.. I don't really like. :x And the render also lacks blending, and I'm pretty much repeating what Visual said, so you might need to focus on that. Some sort of light source would help and the splatter effects on the render seem out of place, well only the bit near the cat's face.

I really like it. :D But the left side seems a bit too blurry and makes the render pop out a bit. But the lighting source and colours are good. As for the text, It might look better if space wasn't transparent.

First thing I didn't like was the text. It just seems like it's there, the text has lack of blending and doesn't flow well with the rest of the banner. It's okay, just seems a big plain and lacks something, which I'm not to sure of. Maybe a light source to set a focal? Also, try added some CD4's, so it won't look so plain.

1st banner;
    The colour yellow is really hard to work with. Since it's really bright. Maybe try experiementing with gradient maps to tone down the yellow a bit. The smudge effects are good, but it's a bit plain.

2nd banner; same goes for this one basically. Adding some CD4's or textures might bring more "jazz" to your banners.

----

lol cd4's fix all *shot*

Anywho, first time using a real person as the render. :o

Yeah, the green CD4 looks outta place. D;

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
    Years

Wha.! it intimidates me but i still like it goku right?

Wow toon link eh ^.^ it's incredible that back ground fits like a 'T'

Here some of mine i know i'm really bad i'm a beginner in this:

I made this one for a friend he really wanted a white umbreon :P

This one is for that competition.

For myself :P

Okies.. Here I go =PP
    K, the first one is pretty averege. The rendering looks pretty bad (like mine) and the background isn't very 'graphic' ish. Also work on your text color/ placement. For the second one; I think the sprites and overall layout of the sig is very nicely done but not very good colors. Also sprites aren't that great in siggies but I like them =] Last one. The text... horrible. =/ The colors are all wrong. I like the froslass renders altogether but it just dosen't have a great feel... =[

Yay for mine! Rate or face da powa!! =PP

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    Aizuke: Looks nice for a first real person banner. But methinks it needs a bit more depth. Blur out some of the background, especially some of the stuff around the bottom left area. Maybe play around with the burn tool as well. The effects overall are nice, though. The green adds a bit of variety, I guess. But it does look a bit out of place. Centrally-placed focal is a bit... meh. That's probably just me being iffy with focal points being in the middle. For the text, maybe try something new. It's getting a bit repetitive seeing that style again and again in most of your recent banners :x

.Kai: Green o.o; Um, I don't like how the opacity of the render is lowered. Also, shrink the canvas vertically, cover the top of his head with something, or fix it vector-style. It looks awkward with the top of his head being cut off like that. Random diagonal lines of doom are... random. The spiked text bubble brush thing is kind of random as well. Everything else is alright. Oh, and maybe more colours. I know green is the predominant colour in the render, but there's also pink on top of Ralts' head.

Might as well have something rated?

Which is better and general comments?

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    Shiranui: omg, I'm rating a queen! : D

Anyways, -ehem-, I like both of them, however, I think pink isn't really the suitable color scheme for it. (but what do I know?) Also, It'd be nice if it was brushes made. D:

That wasn't much of a rate. D: (I hope I don't get banned)

--

I like the outcome of this, but then. It's still crappy so rate please.

I'm pretty sure you guys would all be ashamed that I'm even in the same universe as you guys.

Sweet Speed

Smile...
    Years
    -Ryouki: I like the banner itself but it seems a bit too compact for me. I do, however, like the colours and the Render.

Well, here's Mine. I've been watching One Piece lately so I decided to make a signature for it.

I am pretty sure you were supposed to rate Originality Fails, but whatever I will do it for you.

@ Originality Fails: Ok this is my tag! Ok I am going to be bias, but whatever. I love the manip you did. The shadows are perfect, but like you said to be earlier it could be a bit brighter. I love the depth in this tag. It almost looks like the shards are coming at you. Each shard looks brilliantly dangerous. I think personaly that the text is great. But again, I am bias.

@ Ryouki: Really the banner is quite simple, and I like that. One thing I think you could change is the colors. I am not that into the whole sepia feel. I like the whole writing thing on the sides, and the repeats of the focal. I was just wondering if you could find a different way to build that into the render, instead of cutting it of. I dunno, good job.

I never got this rated. Spose I can now ;P

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I'm not even going to try to sift through this mess but guys.

RATE THE PERSON ABOVE YOU.

Jesus.

And if there's no one above you?

WELL RATE SOMEONE ELSE.

/grumble

PERSON BELOW ME HAS TO RATE ORIGINALITY FAILS' ARTWORM PIECE.

GOT IT?

Good.

Zebra Thunderhead

the avenger
    Years
    @Aizuke - The banner is okay, but you have some major issues with light, flow, and depth. The lighting is all over the place. The stock's lightsource is on the right side, while you have light on the right and left. That's pretty easy to fix though. The flow is going in a \/ shape. Since the largest part of your flow is going /, you should keep it that way. Again, this is easy to fix because the only thing that's making your flow go \ is those black lines. Lastly, the depth isn't really there. That's also easy enough to fix with some smudging and blurring.

@.Kai - Green. ;3; Green tags never work and this is no exception. The stock quality is poor, especially because it's so washed out and the cut job was awful. You can still see blue from the original background, the top of his head is cut off, and a chunk of his hair is missing. Get rid of all the vector brushes in there. They're hardly good for anything. I recommend going out and reading some basic tag tutorials so it doesn't look like a giant slapped together mess.

@ Shiranui - I definitely like the first one better. The only main problem here is depth. First though, I would up the saturation on the stock because she looks washed out in comparison to the background. Then to add depth, simply just blur parts of the vector around the stock so it looks like she's popping out. You DO want the stock to be the focal point of the tag. I would use 50% blur around the stock, then slowly work out down to 5% or so on the edges of the tag. Then you can use brightness/contrast to make your stock pop even more.

@Originality Fails - The text isn't the greatest, but it isn't awful. That's all I can really say about this tag, since it's so dark I can barely see anything.

@Ryouki - It's not so bad, I used to make tags like this back when I started off because scrapbook style was in where I was. I would definitely lose the cinematic borders, ESPECIALLY since they're different widths. Since you have the tag in sepia tones, you probably want it to look and feel vintage. To get that look, you can do to the main tag what you did to the mini dups, take the tag, place it on a transparent background, and start erasing the edges with grunge brushes. It will give you that old, vintage feel that I think you're going for.

@Shiny Charmander - People are still using Orson's Glass Brushes? Jeez, those were around when I started doing this, which was a few years ago... Anyways, border = do not want. Double borders usually only work for icons (as seen here). Your tag has the god-awful floating head syndrome; get some shoulders in there!! Extremely bland, not much else to say except that it's lacking everything artistic.

@Comic Tragedy - I'm not going to rate this because I don't feel it's right.

---------------------------------------

Pressie for Apostle. :3

Please comment. : \ You better not ignore a mod...

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    Color Me Evil:
    I don't like the way jynx's hand is smudged away… and the way you can see the bg through it's right hand. Not fond of the red. Like the splatter effect but needs more of it.

Cheers for the rate. Maybe you could adjust your montor to my settings then rate. jk xD
    Loki:
    Comic Tragedy … not munna's. xP
    Comic Tragedy:

Love the way you scanned in a canvas…or whatever the thing near the blue is. xD
    Like the combination of the vector and the statues. Though some edges are jaggy. Like the texture but the text looks a tad off. Maybe something less scripty and slightly serify.

Buono!

Having a Neville week.
    Years

Can I get your guys thoughts on this? Might enter it on a LJ icontest, but I don't
    know if its worthy enough. Features Airi from Buono!

@Colors Banner
    I agree with Originality, the background going through the hand
    doesn't look right. :( Also, it seems a bit empty to me, theres no text etc.

Hazuki

delenda est.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2011
    Buono!: Not bad, it's a really nice icon you have. But I think you could do some selective coloring in Airi though, because... well it just looks like you slapped it on and added brushes/textures. >< The textures are really pretty, maybe you can send me some? XD And um hmm... I don't know what else other than do some selective coloring. >< Overall nice job. :D

Manga coloring icons

Regular icons

Animated icons coming soon, I'll probably do the one from Code Geass R2 episode 22.....

Sweet Speed

Smile...
    Years
    -Motoko: I love your avatars, especially the regular ones but some of them have bad quality though. I don't really fancy Manga Icons though.

Here's a new one:

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    Shiny_Charmander: Wah! I want to be like you at grphic-making! Well, I want to be like people better than me, so meh.

I like the effect you gave to that banner, It makes him manga-ish, which makes it cool. Though, I like the colour scheme, but I think it would look better in red. :/

--

Another crappy banner that I made. Aizuke provided the image ('coz I either use this or some other shoujo-ai render, and AIZUKE PROVIDED THE SITE, not me. xD) First try as crappy as ever, but this time, well, I don't know.

@ Ryouki: I actualy enjoy this effect. Again you are sticking to sepia colors, and that kind of makes it a tad boring. A way you can fix this is simply smudge in some brighter colors, or stop using photo filters, and gradient maps excesively (lesson from CME). Like I said before I am loving this smudged effect, the clipping masks could be cleaned up though. I personaly think the ones on the right look out of place. As for the text it looks a little grains, and is badly placed. Try bringing it closer to the focal....

Rates please!

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2012
    Wow, I really like that banner, Comic Tragedy! :) I especially like the contrast between the girl and the dark background, and the effects are really nice. Keep it up!

Anyway, here's my first attempt at a banner in a few years. I'm not all that happy with it, but... meh. Please critique!

~StarryLatiasGirl

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
    Shiny Charmander; The render is too light for the background so yeah, it doesn't blend well with the background. D; Not fond of the text either, it seems unclear and grainy to me. And because the render is so light compared to the background, it doesn't match well and just seems like you've stuck a render on a background. D:

Ryouki;
    You keep saying your banners are crappy. DX *smacks you in the head with rolled up newspaper* But it's good! (Yay the image I gave you. 8D) It probably just needs a bit more colour to it, adding some CD4's or textures would probably help give some colour since it's a bit plain.

Comic Tragedy;
    It seems simple to me, but I like it. It has a good concept and I suppose adding more effects would make the banner seem cluttered. But for some reason, the width of it doesn't seem to fit. D:

StarryLatiasGirl; Okay.. The picture of the pokemon (lol I fail at pokemon names) doesn't blend well with the background. :( Text is hard to read since it's red and disappears with the black background. All in all, it seems you've just put a render ontop of a background you've made. :<

---

Playing with depth and a request from Raikazu. Pleaaaaaase rate, kthnx~

Sandro™

Retired!
    Years
    Uh. idk what to say... i suck at rating banners.. but here i go.i like how the render matches with the blue things... kinda some sort of light...and how the glowing light is like in her hands and what can i say... ( i wish i could make banners like that). Well i did say i suck.
    (can another member rate her banner plox. cause i suck.)But since your so good at it i have no complaints! :)

Here is a Recently made "Banner":

Sweet Speed

Smile...
    Years
    Uh. idk what to say... i suck at rating banners.. but here i go.i like how the render matches with the blue things... kinda some sort of light...and how the glowing light is like in her hands and what can i say... ( i wish i could make banners like that). Well i did say i suck.
    (can another member rate her banner plox. cause i suck.)But since your so good at it i have no complaints! :)

Here is a Recently made "Banner":
    I dont like the sepia them you've given it. the text isn't that good aswell.

Here's mine:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back