• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Graphics Rating Thread [READ THE FIRST POST. D:<]

Status
Not open for further replies.

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
    Banner 1 - Too soft, the whole thing looks like theres a piece of plastic over it, it looks a bit too blury.
    Make the banner stick out a bit more and grab peoples attention, otherwise, good job.
    Banner 2 - Again, it looks a bit too soft. The only other problem I have is the left side with that thing over it, which looks a bit wierd. Except I don't know how you can fix it. I reckon you could add some text.

Heres a banner from me, I'm not very good at smudging so nyah.

This banner was as experiment, and doesn't look too good ;<.

Last edited:

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Punk Rocker: Quite a nice banner here. Ok first issue is the text. The backwards text is a nice effect, although lower the opacity or put it behind the one going the right way. It just makes both hard to read.
    Next thing is the light source. It was a good attempt, but I don't think it is big enough. Up the size on that. Finally, the very right side with the mirrored image of him. I think it might look better if it was going the same way as the rest of the banner OR to take a different part of the banner to stick there. It just looks out of place.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-
    Ok. My last banner was quite a failure, so here is a new one I made featuring Dark Samus. Tried a new method of mainly filters and smudging.

Years

I really like this banner, actually. The color is nice; maybe a little monotone, but whatever. It's kind of throwing me off a little on the left side, though. That one corner is darker than the others, and it just doesn't flow nicely. I mean, the smudge around the render is nice, but then 'Bam!', it's just shadow. You should definitely think about using some white/black radial gradients; those certainly help me with lighting.

The text is nice, but you should have made it a different color. White, maybe? Oh, and by the way: what on earth is dark 'box like thing' under the text? It almost looks as if it's suppose to be more text, but waaaay to dark. I dunno, it just kinda pisses me off when I look at the text and see that big blob of whatever-it-is. XD;

Anyway, yeah; nice banner overall! Only things that need a little work are lighting and maybe color.

Haven't made anything for a while (sort of). I wanted to make something that stood out, which was kind of hard, seeing as this stock was really.. y'know, grey. XD

Anyway, how's it look? I'm thinking I need a new border?

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Rockets
    Very nice banner here, I really like the composition. Just a couple of little knacks, I think it very simple and that is what makes it good. But the left side is looking a little empty even though it looks great. I think maybe just chuck a texture on there so it gives it a bit of feel. Other than that, it is a great banner. Also the border is fine, but try experimenting, you might find something nicer.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Another banner made similar to my last.

Xoo

bam, baby!
    Years
    Woah. I haven't posted here in ages. >.>

I just wanted to get a banner that I made a few months back.

SwampertTrainer

The Lord of Photoshop
    Years

Well, overall it's pretty nice. I've never been a fan of red and light blue, so I don't really agree with the color scheme. The text does a nice job of flowing with the symbol in the background and the lightning is pretty well done. I think kinda chopped off the blue haze too abruptly- having it linger into a wider fade would have made it look a littler better...
    Your text is positioned well, but it stands out too much. Perhaps lower the opacity

Here's mine. I think this one turned out fairly well:

Years

Well, you're definitely improving. It's certainly not professional level, but it's a step above what you were working at the last time I saw you. First of all, the checkered background has got to go. It's just... not good. It doesn't go with the flames at all, and I don't know what you were thinking when you decided to put it there.

Second of all, wtf is that dark spot over Bowser's nose? It's just strange, lol. And there's another one not an inch away.

Text is good, lighting is satisfactory. Again, not professional, but decent. Keep it up.

---

Tried... something different, I think.

Can you see it?
    Spoiler:

Stock Used: 1 (Simply enough)

Years
    @Rockets:

I didn't notice it until I saw the spoiler, so I guess that answers your question. :X Otherwise, I like it. The text looks good and goes well with the overall theme, and the lighting looks fine to me.

I'm really sorry, but I'm no art critic. xD;

As for me, can I just ask for the image in my signature to be rated? It's my first proper signature in years, and I was never anywhere near the quality of some of the artists in here, so I've bound to have done a million and one things wrong. ^_^;;

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
    Erebus: It's a bit plain, and you've mucked up alot as you said no offense. The splatters look a bit too sharp and the person looks too blurry cause of the lighting over her head. And theres no focal point really. Try fixing these things to make it better.

I don't know what to call this so i'll just call it a graphic, but is it actually getting to anyone?

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Rockets | I only noticed the skull after I read the spoiler. Even without noticing the skull, the banner is still pretty cool with the smudged out sky and all that. The skull would be a nice touch though.

Erebus | The banner is really plain and uninteresting. The render looks blurry compared to the splatter brushes, which really are too opaque and sharpened. Needs a lot more effects and depth, and also do something to make a focal point of the banner.

Punk Rocker | Well it looks cute. XD; Don't know how to rate something like this, but I guess it's good for what you seem to be aiming at.

Froslass_Maniac | The edges of the render are too sharp and pixelly, so I recommend you go over the edges with a soft brush eraser to fix that or just use the pre-rendered image at GTSplus.net. I have no idea what those light blue ovals are doing on top of Froslass's face but it doesn't look too good. The background needs work as well, because it's way too plain. You need to really use more brushes, add more flow, and not be so monotonous in your colors. The border is pixelly as well, and the text doesn't blend well at all. Use more brushes and add more effects primarily; I suggest looking at a few tutorials to sharpen your skills.

~ Rate the banner in my signature please!

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
    Kayashi
    There isn't much I don't like about this banner. Although, I have spotted some pink, green and white lines which I'm not liking.
    8/10

Rate this please.

First time using clipping masks.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Dukey:
    Very busy tag, a little too busy maybe..
    I think those square filter things are too hard. They are kind of masking the background effects and making it look a bit blurry.
    I also think sharpening and adding some more light to his hand in the front would give it some nice depth too.
    Try adding some text as well, it just looks like a pile of effects and you don't really know what to expect where text helps by giving a direction.

Ok, tag made using a C4D as the focal point. Tried something new, smudged a lot. What do you think?

Ryusheika

Hero of Time
    Years
    noxious.

If you're using the C4D as the main focal point, it needs a little more sharpening. The smudging looks good, so no need to improve there. As far as the text goes, I'm not really feeling it a whole lot. Try to make the text fit with the flow of the tag, or scrap it altogether. Other than that, looks good. It just needs some minor fixes here and there.

Mind rating this? It's for the SOTW for this week.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Ryusheika
    Ok my main issue here is the fact that I can't see the Joker's face all that well. That is the focal point and the text is really drawing away from it. On the topic of his face, I feel you should erase the smudges which made it onto his face. Don't want to cover the focal point!
    It is lacking a bit of depth but that can be fixed when you clean up his face and blur the background a bit and add some more light onto him.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Can I get a rate on the theme in my signature?

the bitter end.

.only slightly insane
    Years
    noxious
    Hm... I like the use of c4d, especially the one in the background, perhaps the text could be placed on the other arm? I dunno... Your smudging looks solid enough. It's a pretty solid tag, i like it.

Could somebody rate this?

Gabri

m8
    Years

Good use of clipping masks (are they?) there. Also love the sided text and the glow around the guy. Also, it's blue, one of my favourite colours~ But I think you could use some adjustment layers out there, or some light textures? I don't know.

Banner for rating is the one in my signature.[/back into the themes thing after a Photoshop problem]

Ryusheika

Hero of Time
    Years
    Medieval

The signature looks good, and I like the theme overall. Although I think the image could use a little hint of blue to give it some contrast. Seems like there's too much yellow going on. Also, the text seems a little out of place, and could be placed or rotated to go with the flow of the image.

8/10

Mind rating my current signature? Trying to experiment with stuff right now. This lack of using photoshop has really hindered my skills. xD

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    Ryusheika: As much as I love Tear, I feel that she's the biggest problem of your sig. She's really distracting me from Luke, who according to your text, is the focal of your banner. I do, however, like those vector brushes in the back and how you placed your text.

8/10, mainly because of that Tear thing.

-----

Haven't gotten anything rated here in a while.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back