• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Graphics Rating Thread [READ THE FIRST POST. D:<]

Status
Not open for further replies.

the bitter end.

.only slightly insane
    Years
    @CT - It's okay, but:
    1) Soul dosen't blend well enough with the stock. Try some selective coloring, gradient maps, or smudging.
    2) The lighting (I'm not sure if that's what that was.) is WAAAAY too bright. It takes away from the focal.

Otherwise everything looks okay.

Erm... can someone else rate my sig (I'm lacking tags atm).

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    @CT: It is a little too bright, but not by much. It is wayyy to sharpened though. 8/10 Good overall.
    @Nitrous Oxide: Great job on this one I love it, the text and coloring are perfect!!

New BS banner:

Rate plz.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    @Mannequin:
    The effects are kinda meh. Just seems like some fireworks/pyrotechnics thrown onto two pictures of Britney. Not a fan of the border either. Text is alright I suppose. The left side is too bright as well.

Hmm, did I just follow CTs tut loosley (Minus that gradient map, I like it ^^)? Yep, pretty much.

*claps ecstatically*

Huzzah for people using my tutorial, and I have to say I like your outcome. So right off the bat I want to say I'm kinda glad you followed the tut loosely because then it seems like you have a little more creative license, no? So here is what I think. The smudging I think you did a great job on. The over all effects, and earthy colors work for the stock. Two things I think you could work on are lighting, and more evident in your tag depth. Right now both smudges are blurred and to tell you the truth it doesn't do much for the tag, or it's depth. It just looks, kinda, weird.

But despite that I still think for the most part your tag is pretty good, and the outcome is great.

Rate please

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    10/10, I'm loving these newer Pokmeon banners that you are making. The colors and everything work perfectly together. You so need to make an Umbreon or Ampharos banner. xD My only tiny critique is that the text would be a little better if it was a little bigger.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    @CT: ZOMG!! That is secks on a platter :D Knowing that it is for the Colorful GFX Battle, I must say you did an amazing job! Effects, depth, and lighting are all fantastic! My only complaint is that the plainer squiggly lines in the background behind the renders head detract from the flow.

@Nitrous: Blurry and Bright are the best two words to describe it. If you are going to blur for depth, try to take some off the render. Also, the brightness hurts my eyes :P But, the effects are rather nice, and you have good flow to it.

@Mannequin: Not a fan of the motion blur across Britney, just looks...awkward. Also, it looks sort of like it was just a render thrown on a background with some coloration/lighting effects. You are definitely improving though. Keep it up :)

Updated it a tad bit. Sharpened the front smudge and dodged and burned a few parts for some better lighting.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    I actually like the softened banner better, but this one looks good too.
    And I actually made the background, but thanks for the critique.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
    @NitrousOxide::
    MORE of CT's Tut? Gawsh. Anyways, speaking for myself, this is one of the better results I've seen posted, the color is working a lot better and the text is good along with the lighting and the actual smudging part, although the one just to the left of his face is a bit monstrous XD
    Good work ^^

And guess what I'm posting! My result of CT's tut one of my better banners to date, as proclaimed by quite a few people 8D
    Anyways, without further ado, it's time to rate mah st00f.

Last edited:
    Years
    @Jake: Why is the smudge blurred? Sharpening it wont fix it, I suggest making new smudge layers.
    @NO: I like the smuge, the texture, the text and all but something about the render/stock doesn't make it look like it matches the tag. Overall, as 22 said its a good outcome to the tut.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tried out this stock you manz were using:

Some GOW stock crap:

Ezzo!

conejo.
    Years
    @Jake: Why is the smudge blurred? Sharpening it wont fix it, I suggest making new smudge layers.
    @NO: I like the smuge, the texture, the text and all but something about the render/stock doesn't make it look like it matches the tag. Overall, as 22 said its a good outcome to the tut.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tried out this stock you manz were using:

Some GOW stock crap:
    The effects are pretty good in the first one, the only thing I don't like is that green light stream on the right. Sorta just there.

The second, I can't figure out what the focal is. The effects are good though.
    Good job. (:

I was going for a really grungy style. XD
    Stock

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
    very grungy indeed. i can't decide whether i like it or not. i like the effects of the whole thing but th focal is difficult to look at, its really grainy and not as smooth as it could be, like in the stock.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    I love grunge tags. An I pretty much love that. Tonnes better than the one in your showcase. I'd prefer better colours and less of the stuff on the right. loving the left.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    Grungy tag: I don't see many grunde tags these days, so this is a pleasant surprise. As others have said, you've got the "grunginess" of the banner down, but I think it's a little too much. I don't like how the man seems to be outlined by the bright pixels and that super grungy spot in the bottom-right corner. It may just be me, but I think this would look better in a small canvas (same height, thought). Preferably cut out from the right side.

-----

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Gummy:

I like it, but for some reason, I'm tempted to say that I don't like how "clean" it is. Like, the background is just too simple for my tastes, and it doesn't really go with Naruto, somehow....? I really don't know how to say it, but something is irking me. I think you definitely should've picked a different font for the text, but I like where it is, and I really really like the brushing in the background. The swirl in the foreground is kind of ehhh but it's not a big deal. And the scanlines are god, so I don't care how much of a prejudice the world has against scanlines: I like them. I can see where you got some things from Dukey's tutorial, and I like the way it played into the tag overall- It just doesn't really fit Naruto himself, in my opinion. Ummm... Light textures are pretty, and the overall tag is good and I like it, but there are a lot of technical things I thought I might throw out there for ya. xD

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    Thanks for the critique, Lokes. Funny thing is, I was actually going for clean look. A lot of my old style had banners cluttered with C4Ds which drowned my render, so I've been trying to stray away from that. At one point the background was a spackle texture, but I actually thought THAT wasn't Naruto. xD
    As for the text, well, we all know how I am with text >_>. Also, you'd be surprised how much that swirl in the foreground adds to the banner; without it things look kind of empty.

and scanlines are god? xD

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
    Gummy: (didnt even know you changed your name ;o. maybe thats cause I don't know anyone..)

Wowza, I really like this :D. I only have a few problems, one is that swirl below his hand, it soughta looks out of place, dunno how you can fix that though.. Next thing is the background, have you tried other colours, maybe try white lines instead of black. Don't know if this is a big thing, but try moving the lighting a tad to the left.

Overall I like the signature a lot :)

-------------

I don't think i'm getting any better :(

PunkRocker: Okay the first thing that I notice about you're tag is that the focal is in fact (a brush made) arrow, and to be honest it is unique (at least in this forum). One thing I think you should be a little bit careful about it you don't get, how should I put it, tacky with putting down those premade fractal brushes. Right off the bat I can tell you didn't do this, but no matter how fleetingly you use that stupid circle, within circles brush (don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about) I will always cringe.

The smudging, in fact, is actually really good. It doesn't necessarily create flow but it frames you're focal really well. And, what are those random three lines for?........

Something I would really advise trying maybe just as practice next time you make a tag like this is to pentool you're own shapes. For one reason, you feel like you had more to do with the creation of you're tag (rather than some random creator of a brush pack). And secondly, most of the time it just looks better because you can do what you want to do!

Good job though, I think you are improving.

Rates please!

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    CT, first thing I have to say about your tag is that it feels low quality. Like you put it through the JPEG factory or something. DDD:

Colors are clashin', png needs to be resized like woah, and I'm not diggin' the effects.

I think the biggest problem here is that your spectrum of hard colors mixed with hard brushing, the random empty area on the lower right, and then the really awesome smoothness on the upper right, everything is just fighting in this tag. Honestly, this is probably my least favorite tag from you like, ever. D: Sorry, there's just nothing that appeals to me. DDD: (Well except the upper right. I really like the colors and what you done up there, but it's just killed by the rest of the tag.)

Sorry if I'm not making any sense. x_x; [/really sick right now]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back