• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Graphics Rating Thread [READ THE FIRST POST. D:<]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok.. So how does this work. I just rated 22, and I can't rate myself... Plus I want to get a rate.

Um.

border

Speed

Skyward
    Years
    I like the first one better, the text kinda gets in the way of the flow for the other ones, nice smudging too, but I would move the lighting if I were you.

C&C?

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    I feel like it is sort of unfinsihed. Also the blur on the leaf the she is holding feels very out of place. And the black and white makes it feel very flat. I think that if you added some color (even if it is just a gradient) that is would liven it up a bit. Or Maybe just keep one thing color...like just her...or just the background...just feels very dead and flat....

Anyway...
    my current signature

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Proof
    First thing is first, the purple texture thing or whatever it is on top of the images makes the images look low quality and a bit oversharpened or something..
    I think you could add some more gradients and colour adjustments to make it look neater and make the colours stand out a bit more, right now the colours are a bit boring.

...........................................................................................................................................................................

Used Comic Tragedy's latest tutorial for the smudging.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    Great job!
    I think that you followed the tutorial and it turned out really well.
    The only thing that I think that would have made it better was to make the banner just a little bit bigger.
    I just seems a little on the small side.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    I think you should do a floral design as the effects. Taken from the dress or other stocks…

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    I think you should do a floral design as the effects. Taken from the dress or other stocks…
    Well, I kinda wanted to keep it sultry, I think that more flowers might take a way from that. Also I didn't want to go too overboard with other stocks...I wanted to keep it sort of simple. Thanks for the advice though!

Proof: Overall I like the tag. But I agree with Munna. Though, I do see what you mean by keeping the mood sultry and such.

I think you should make the text 3D. Because it would look cool prospectively sitting on the counter.

Rate this please (Keep in mind its all my vectoring, besides the paper bg):

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    Flowers not sultry? :O What is the ultimate purpose of giving flowers? xD

Comic Tragedy:

Liking the vector, kinda looks like you based it on a live trace first though. [/shotmultipletimes]

One thing that irks me is that the lines overlaying the vector, makes it say it's drawn on the paper. That's ok but then why does it go outside the boundaries of the paper. Needs clipping or no lines atop of the vectoring.​

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    I'm not too keen on 3D renders as it's always a little difficult to enhance them without distorting the original image. That aside, the tower stock immediately reminded me of Tin Tower (or w/e it's called that Ho-oh uses to roost), which is fitting but seems a little off in placement. Also, the contrast between the render and stock is distracting. Maybe add a few gradient maps to give the background a little more flare.

Anywho, I discovered a neat smudging tute this arvo and have been abusing PS since.

engage'

a new horizon
    Years
    Hmm, not bad. Render doesn't really flow with the background. Try blending it by duplicating it and smudging a couple of times with a basic chalk brush with a few brush settings, and set the different smudge layers to COlour Dodge and Linear Dodge. Also try giving it a few Gradient Maps and some Brightness/Contrast layers to add a bit of tone. Text is placed well. Otherwise, I'd give it maybe a 6/10.

Rate the tag in my sig?

acfan17

STARRRRRR OCEANNNNNN 4
    Years
    The render is far too covered in effects, tone it down.
    Also, the border is far too thick. 8.4/10

Love some rates on my current. xD

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
    Here we go, extra long post.

@moments.
    That is pretty darn cool, man. The text goes well, the smudging is great, i dont even care if it is bland, i looks good that way. Good job on a first banner in ages (b")b
    @Mannequin
    Pretty nice, depth and lighting are good. Flowers would look pretty good on there, i suppose, but smaller, and not adding to the focal. Also, what CT said, making the text 3D would be pretty cool... I'm not too sure on how you do that though. xP
    Overall, pretty nice, the bottom left corner where the scanlines are lighter is a bit distracting, but good job.
    @CT

That is so cool, man. The use of the paper BG looks awesome, and... you're just so good at the pen tool. The only thing i'd say is bad is that some of the violin is coming off the paper bg. Is that meant to happen? Cause it's irritating me to hell... xP
    @CT(again)
    Nice flow, nice depth and c4d usage. The biggest problem there is the text. I mean, it looks nice but doesn't really go with that style of banner though. Could make good use as an avatar, i suppose? xD;
    Good work, though.
    @Nitrous Oxide
    It's simple, yet pleasing to the eye. It doesn't look like you've done too much, which in a way is good, but maybe a bit more depth/lighting to make it better? Maybe even lower the opacity on that orange/purple gradient map(i'm assuming) you got there, but good work overall.
    @Fan-E
    Picture's been deleted. x3
    @Get Out Of My Tree, Starly!
    Pretty cool, the fractal type things don't go too well, though. Get rid of those and use standard effect c4d's, i guess. blending of the sprite is good though. And colours are nice. (b")b
    @acfan17
    If by your current, you mean this;

It's pretty nice, I guess. The stocks are placed well, but could use some more graphical ability. Good job, anywho.

Here's some candy, boys and girls.

the bitter end.

.only slightly insane
    Years
    I really do like it, the only issue I have is that it looks to... busy? Too much going on it takes away from the focal. Maybe some depth could have made it look better. 8/10

Rate my sig?

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2013
    Dialga and Palkia

I made a signature. Now, can anyone tell me what kind of text I should use on it and should I do something else with Dialga and Palkia?

OK, nevermind then..................

Last edited:
    This tag is pretty good. The only problems is everything is meh. The effects, the lighting, and especially the text and colors. I would recommend spicing everything up a bit. Right now the effects just seem like a cloud of dust blowing in Lelouch's face. As for your text, I recognize you couldn't get the white text to show up without the black backing, but I still think that could be improved. The lighting, is kinda all over the place. Personally, I don't really know what I would do with the render myself, but I'm just saying... Lastly its too monotone.

Rate please.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back