• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Graphics Rating Thread [READ THE FIRST POST. D:<]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • parallelines, those are really colourful and creative. I've always enjoyed that kind of style, it's real easy on the eyes and pleasing to look at. Your composition is spot on. =D

Here's something I made the other day. I know I suck at text. ><

Well i like the blend of colors you used for this one, I also like where you put the lighting it adds more depth to the tag. The text is kinda off and a little hard to read [Like you already said/] I recommend you learn a bit of topography, it will help with your text. 7/10

Well i made this tag for a request here recently. I'm not so good at using pokemon renders

Momoko

OMGOODNESS THATS NOT TRUE WDF!
    Years

• Well i made this tag for a request here recently. I'm not so good at using pokemon renders

Well I think it turned out pretty great :P
    I like how you used the lighting but Mewtwo could use a bit blending. Maybe the text too but thats just my opionion :P

Something I made earlier when i was bored~~
    I actually havent touches photoshop for around a year now :/
    The Graphics Rating Thread [READ THE FIRST POST. D:<]The Graphics Rating Thread [READ THE FIRST POST. D:<]

Kayla Ann

Graphic Artist. :3
    Years
  • Well I think it turned out pretty great :P
    I like how you used the lighting but Mewtwo could use a bit blending. Maybe the text too but thats just my opionion :P

Something I made earlier when i was bored~~
    I actually havent touches photoshop for around a year now :/
    The Graphics Rating Thread [READ THE FIRST POST. D:<]The Graphics Rating Thread [READ THE FIRST POST. D:<]

I like how the color scheme matches Link.
    The text matches, but there is something i dont like. Ithink it is the border.

What do you guys think of my latest Batman banner?

Years
  • Rate my first GIMP signature/banner please :)

The main thing that distracted me from the tag is the text, it's way to plain. It's just slapped on there, you could have used the overlay effect or something to spice up the text. Now the yellow star thing, i don't think it needs to be there, it takes away from the original mario render. Which brings me to the render, it's not blended in well at all try to lower the opacity some. 6/10

Well i tried the cloud style today, this is the first time i have done this, so yeah.

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    I think it would look better with the normal color scheme.

It is good in all, but it is really hard too see.

5.8/10

Rate please?

Very nice but the flowers coming off the signature don't look smooth enough to me ;)
    9/10

Rate this please:

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Kayla Ann: Argh, so... much... Haruhi. X___X;;
    *puts bias aside*

The pentooling is really cool.
    That's pretty much all I like about it. Like, by no means is it bad, by no means is it ugly, it's just not my cup of tea. The purple-orange gradient map you've set to screen or something along those lines is my least favorite effect in the entire world, and your stock hasn't been blended in with the rest of the tag like, at all. :/ You need some more foreground effects, and I'd say it'd probably be a good idea to to lose the clipping masks too. The random eye floating there is creeping me out. xD
    Not sure I like how you did the border either. Maybe overlay would've been a better option than just lowering the opacity.

DMartin, about your evangelion tag, all I can say is that when someone thinks that they see a solid block of cyan the first time they glance at it, it means your focal and effects are pretty much nonexistent.
    Which is never a good thing.

Featuring Shou and Hiroto from alice nine. <w<

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2016
    Great, as always Loki. I'm clueless on what to say about it, honestly. I love the text, and everything else in it. 10/10.

I went into this blind as a street light. Just mostly fooling around with C4Ds and smudging.

Twilight Wolf

The Alpha Female
    Years
  • Statistics:
    Well, I do have ot admit it's better than when I fool around. When I fool around I end up making someone's eyes bleed, so I just stopped messing with thing. And when I do I don't save them. xD

The color scheme is pretty cool and the reder is well cut out, if you did it yourself. I just don't like how his right had looks. Something about it that bugs me...

My tag-

Fishyman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • No.
    • Seen Sep 26, 2009
    Edit: Okay...

You did a good job on the coloring and text, and ypu've chosen a good render, but the lighting is harsh on the eyes. You should try and find lighting that looks sharp, but not at the cost of some people not liking it for that reason. The size also leaves something to be desired for. All around good, and I still like it. As I said 7/10.

https://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g200/salanos/ArLug.png

A friend and I made this for the guy who made me my avatar and sig. Could you rate those as well?

Last edited:

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Sorry Fishyman, that was waaaay subpar to an acceptable rate.
    Why do you like it? If you liked it, why did you give it a 7/10?
    Please elaborate, or else I'll have to delete your post as spam. <3

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    No Autumn Star, not if you don't rate Fishyman's graphic. My post was simply for moderation. In those cases, skip over my post and rate the above post.

Seriously, if I have to make another consecutive mod post, I'll be whackin' my infraction stick around. D:<

Years
  • @Loki: I love Alice nine 0.o. I have nothing to say to help you improve this tag, perfect 10/10

@Statistics, Very well done :D, the only thing i see that's a little picky Is the focial point. It's not my taste, i think you should have made it a tad brighter. But that's me. 9/10

@Twilight wolf, It's a rather small tag, and i'm not so good at rating small tags, but I'll give it a go :0. The color scheme is fine, the only thing i see a little wrong with this tag is the text. It's rather plain, maybe if you blended in the text. 8/10

@Fisyman, Um... ok. Well i don't really like the color scheme you used for this tag. It's a bit plain in my opinion. The text is kinda bad as well, try to use some effects next time. 6/10

@Autum star: I love it <DD. The first thing i noticed is the render, it's very hq. I don't really have anything to crit about it, it's perfect 10/10.

Well i really don't have anything for you all to rate, Well i should post something..

Well here's an icon i made recently

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Hmm, the icon feels... a little LQ on the right? It's just too blurry, I guess.
    I don't like the color choice- washed out icons have never really been my style, and the contrast needs to be cranked up quite a bit, IMO.

I personally prefer icons with a little more to then than just color adjustments, which doesn't seem to be happening in this icon. ;<

Sparkler

Bam-Bam THe Azumarill :D
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2010
    @Loki: I love Alice nine 0.o. I have nothing to say to help you improve this tag, perfect 10/10

@Statistics, Very well done :D, the only thing i see that's a little picky Is the focial point. It's not my taste, i think you should have made it a tad brighter. But that's me. 9/10

@Twilight wolf, It's a rather small tag, and i'm not so good at rating small tags, but I'll give it a go :0. The color scheme is fine, the only thing i see a little wrong with this tag is the text. It's rather plain, maybe if you blended in the text. 8/10

@Fisyman, Um... ok. Well i don't really like the color scheme you used for this tag. It's a bit plain in my opinion. The text is kinda bad as well, try to use some effects next time. 6/10

@Autum star: I love it <DD. The first thing i noticed is the render, it's very hq. I don't really have anything to crit about it, it's perfect 10/10.

Well i really don't have anything for you all to rate, Well i should post something..

Well here's an icon i made recently

The right side looks to blurry for my taste But overal li say it looks fine

Any commments on my new banner??

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • Render feels really LQ to me. Doesn't take much to say that it's monochromatic. The only color in there is blue @_@;;. Add some pretty colorful stuff -- complementary colors and other shiny and pretty stuff -- like c4ds and stuffs. Don't just be making a background and slapping Wobb onto there. Play with layers a little, and definitely be using different colors like... maybe screen some 100px red stuffs here and there. Idk. All in all, don't really like it.

- Monochrome
    - LQ
    - Feels like its just render and background and text slapped together

I'll be whackin' my discostick around. D:<

~ Rate the crap in my signature pls. :(

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
    Years
  • Wow that's a very nice banner imo. Dod you use a C4D render? Because it looks like you did, if I recall correctely that's Silmeria from the Valkyrie Profile series. Although I said I liked it I don't personally like the fact that you've made it so jumpy, I don't personally like extreme effects and usually just prefer a simple banner. =/

Feel free to rate this :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back