• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Great Papyrus' [Undertale] Fan Club

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    I don't know how I didn't know this was here. I might as well join. Undertale was one of the best games released last year and I really enjoyed playing it.

Username: Syndrome
    Favorite Character: Mettaton
    Favourite Monster: Lesser Dog, Greater Dog, Doggo, Dogamy & Dogaressa, Endogeny...I like dogs, man.
    Routes Completed: All

I hate Sans. I had a bad time. I only won because of luck and over 60 attempts...

Bay

Years
  • Gonna join too!

Username: Bay Alexison
    Favorite Character: Undyne. The rest of the characters are great too, though.
    Favorite Monster: Dogamy & Dogaressa, Woshua
    Routes Completed: Neutral & True Pacifist. Yeah I too don't think I can do the No Mercy route, lol.

Why did you choose Undyne as your favourite character? What do you like about them?

My reasons for liking Undyne are similar to Juno's. Undyne I love how she's a loyal fighter but also has a fun side too (her love for anime and her interactions with Papyrus are amusing). I also like how she's nice and supportive to some of the other monsters, Shyren, Napstablook, and Alphys, for instance. Also the cutscene in the no mercy run also made me appreciate her more.

Why did you choose Dogamy/Dogaressa/Woshua as your favourite monster? What do you like about them?

The dog couple I thought is cute and their reactions when you roll over and then pet them are hilarious. And Woshua I think is also charming (they only want to clean you).

What routes have you completed in the game? How do you feel after completing them?

I first went with the neutral run by killing no monsters, and then went ahead with the remaining new material in the True Pacifist route right away. I was satisfied overall with how everything got wrapped up and some of the characters' backstories explained more in the True Pacifist route.

As mentioned, I didn't do the No Mercy route as I'll be sad killing the main characters, haha. I did however check a Youtube playthrough of it and indeed the change in the atmosphere was really unsettling.

Anyway, here's a hard question for those who love the soundtrack. From fav to least fav, please rearrange these battle themes.

- Megalovania
    - Hopes and Dreams
    - Death by Glamour
    - Heartache
    - Asgore
    - Spider Dance
    - Bonetrousle

This is a tough one as I like them all. For my picks:

-Asgore
    -Hopes and Dreams
    -Spider Dance
    -Heartache
    -Megalovania
    -Bonetrousle
    -Death by Glamour

While Megalovania is very cool and fits the final no mercy battle well, I was already familiar with the song back when it was used for the webcomic Homestuck, haha. As for why Asgore is my favorite, I've been hearing several covers of that song that are very good and able to give me chills as the original theme.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Hey guys! Deceptio is not going to be able to maintain the club, but has offered up the position to anyone else that wants it! PM the VG mods, myself, or Sheep and let us know you'd like to take over and we can arrange it for you. :)

Yukari

I have updated the members list. And I must say that it really needed the update.

Anyway welcome to the club each and every one of you! Since I've taken over now I'll try to keep it up to date and everything. o>

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Glad I take this name before certain someone does and I haven't touch undertale yet also both ending makes be curious.

Mettaton

Drama! Action! Romance!
    Years
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Username: Mettaton. Lol.
    Favourite Character: Obviously Mettaton. Papyrus and Sans too.
    Favourite Monster: The Amalgamates.
    Routes Completed: Neutral, True Pacifist, Genocide, Soulless True Pacifist, and Soulless Genocide. I ain't sorry.

After a small browsing around the community, I find this club? SIGN ME UP FOR IT.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Yukari

Username: Mettaton. Lol.
    Favourite Character: Obviously Mettaton. Papyrus and Sans too.
    Favourite Monster: The Amalgamates.
    Routes Completed: Neutral, True Pacifist, Genocide, Soulless True Pacifist, and Soulless Genocide. I ain't sorry.

After a small browsing around the community, I find this club? SIGN ME UP FOR IT.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Seriously though, welcome. c:

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Username: Aslan
    Favourite Character: Papyrus
    Favourite Monster: Lesser Dog, Greater Dog, Aaron, Royal Guard 1 and 2
    Routes Completed: True Pacifist

Why did you choose Papyrus as your favourite character? What do you like about them?

Papyrus is just a lovable cinnamon roll full of kindness and humour. Even though he wants to capture a human and join the Royal Guard, he can't bring himself to harm you and I really admire that. He has a lot of great quotes, loves spaghetti and has one of the best scenes in the game where jumps out of a window so you and Undyne can hang out alongside his appearance during Alphy's date. He's an absolute dork and I love everything about him.

I have to say that I really like a lot of the other characters though! I can't think of one monster I disliked to be honest. Undyne, Mettaton, Sans, Napstablook and even Burgerpants were all great company during my playthrough.

Why did you choose Lesser Dog/Greater Dog/Aaron/Royal Guard 1 and 2 as your favourite monsters? What do you like about them?

I love dogs and the fact that Lesser Dog was playing poker with itself and Greater Dog made noises every time you talked to them was incredibly cute! They were definitely my favourite monsters in the whole game.

I thought the scene between Royal Guard 1 and 2 was great and they seemed cool enough so that's why I liked them! I also like the scene with Aaron and Woshua when you play Spooktunes from Napstablook's house. The fact that Aaron added '; )' to the end of every sentence had me in laughter. I also love how he somehow manages to flex himself out of the room during his fight.

What routes have you completed in the game? How do you feel after completing them?

I've done True Pacifist twice. I really liked it and it made me grow to love the main characters to the point where I couldn't bring myself to do a Genocide run and ruin the storyline. Maybe I'll try it someday for the sake of wanting to try Sans' fight but I'm not prepared to have a bad time just for now. I might give neutral a shot sometime though!

Kimochiru

Keep it quirky!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2022
    - What's your favourite thing about Undertale?

I'm sure this is obvious, but I love the creativity, characters, and story of Undertale. It's creative and innovative, taking typical (J?)RPG mechanics and turning it around on you. Like seeing your levels grow? Oh, too bad. You'll be known as a murderer in this world. Like your ability to SAVE in order to see how characters react? Get dunked on by a flower. Like to level grind? ...not really? OK.
    Great music, btw.

- Why did you choose XXX as your favourite character? What do you like about them?
    In my join form, I put Flowey. I changed my mind. It's Undyne and/or Alphys. Undyne is just fabulous. She seems to be simply hot-headed, but she's actually one of the most matured characters I've ever seen for such a young age. There's a nurturing, sentimental side to her that shows how passionate she is to the world, especially when you do a Genocide Run. She's a real champion.
    Alphys, on the other hand, suffers from depression, unlike the bold Undyne. She is demure otaku, but there's also a determined analyst underneath her nerdiness. On an aborted Geno/Mixed route, Alphys has shown to have increased confidence. She faces her past mistakes and puts her all into leading the remaining monsters in spite of her maladroit social abilities, like a true hero. Not to mention, she's a psychologically interesting character, with lying habits, depression, and a hidden, but endearing, sassy side as seen in Pacifist routes. And, really, Alphy is such a darling cutie.

- Why did you choose XXX as your favourite monster? What do you like about them?
    Blooky, ah. I wish we were given the option to interact with them more. There's something so... real to Napstablook that you can't get enough of them.
    I'm also fond of the Snowdrake family.

- What routes have you completed in the game? How do you feel after completing them?
    I've done True Pacifist and watched several neutrals. Very determination-inducing. I love interacting with all the characters. I so wish I had friends like them in real life....

I definitely plan to do a Genocide Route and get dunked on. I'll feel horrible, but seeing all of these amazing characters truly shine in their best qualities during this run... I think it's almost worth it.
    Again, the great music?

Bay

Years
  • What's your favourite thing about Undertale?

Forgot to answer this. I think my favorite thing about the game are the characters as almost all of them are pretty cool and I like them for different reasons. While its different take on the turned based mechanics is very neat, too, it does become a bit tedious with some of the random battles. The boss battles at least each one has a different approach in defeating the monsters.

Kimochiru

Keep it quirky!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2022
    Oh, to bring up some discussion, what are some theories do you have about SOULS? Are monster souls the "brain" of the monster (since they are only 20% physical matter, thusly more in-tune with their SOULS)? If all humans carry a lot of determination, then why do the previous fallen humans' souls stand for another trait (integrity, justice, patience, kindness, etc.)?

Years
  • What's your favourite thing about Undertale?

The uniqueness of the characters and the lovely music. The entire game's concept is just so unique and I find myself attracted to every character and wanting to see their development from start to finish. It's.. hard even choosing a favorite.

Oh, to bring up some discussion, what are some theories do you have about SOULS?

I actually haven't given this much thought! There are tons of theories online for how each colored human soul had died and how their trinkets/items differentiate them so I'm curious to hear anyone's theories.

This reddit post has some cool ideas:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Undertale/...ers_theory_long_read_the_six_soul_colors_and/

Spoiler:

Years
  • Welcome to the club, new folks. ^_^

I want to go through another true pacifist run soon since it's been a month (feels like longer..) but will beat a pillow suffering with the pain of it all, lol. Has anyone here done true pacifist without the Temmie Shop armor? I could barely get past Muffet without it.

Captain Oshawott

The Otter Pirate
    Years
  • Welcome to the club, new folks. ^_^

I want to go through another true pacifist run soon since it's been a month (feels like longer..) but will beat a pillow suffering with the pain of it all, lol. Has anyone here done true pacifist without the Temmie Shop armor? I could barely get past Muffet without it.

I've tried without Tem's armor. It was tough but possible. However, I usually save up my money for a Spider Donut, and eat it to bypass the fight.

Years
    • they/them
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 7, 2024
    Username: Destiny
    Favourite Character: uuuugh i can't decide.... possibly Mettaton but i love everyone
    Favourite Monster: Snowdrake's Mother
    Routes Completed: Pacifist x 2 Genocide x 1

Years
  • ^yay you joined 8]

& I'm just awful at video games. I don't think I'd ever be able to beat the game without that armor. By the time I started suffering severely and went back to Tem Village the armor was at the cheapest price possible since I died so many times. xD

Bay

Years
  • Oh, to bring up some discussion, what are some theories do you have about SOULS?

I too haven't given much thought, but I do like the idea of the humans having a red soul and then changes depending how they approach the game. I think that golf mini game from Snowdin Forest gives a good indicator of each soul colors' personalities.

Spoiler:

& I'm just awful at video games. I don't think I'd ever be able to beat the game without that armor. By the time I started suffering severely and went back to Tem Village the armor was at the cheapest price possible since I died so many times. xD

Hah, me neither. I died a couple random encounters and then I kept messing up with Mad Dummy, so I too got the armor for very cheap.

Years
    • they/them
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 7, 2024
    I don't think I'd ever be able to beat the game without that armor. By the time I started suffering severely and went back to Tem Village the armor was at the cheapest price possible since I died so many times. xD

I think I must be the only person that never bought the Temmie Armour. Didn't even know about the price lowering mechanic on my first run and I just didn't need it. I thought I was bad because it took me like 2 weeks to beat Sans on genocide but.... come to think of it my initial run (pacifist) was actually pretty good. I didn't die once until Mettaton.

Back