• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] The Hoenn Diaries (M) (OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
My first post in Hoenn Diaries is up! *-*
I'm sorry if it seems dull, but I wanted to cover the previous chapters some as well .-. without insisting on them much >_<
Kinda just wanted to introduce Midori and Kiichigo and stuff >u<
she was kinda oblivious of everyone else along the way, but feel free to approach her xD

Years
It was a good read Dementia, and I'm sure you'll be pleased to know that there's going to be plenty of ghost and dark-typed pokemon for Kyuu to catch throughout her journey. You're going to love one of the later chapters I have written up xD

Ducklighter

Throw caution to the wind.
Years
I just realised that there were some openings and I'd love to partake in the roleplay! It looks pretty awesome (:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Yay! Glad you liked it ^_^
I can't wait for some ghost types *-*

Oh and.... Am I the only GM that doesn't write her RP chapters ahead of time? O.o
I mean, I got the idea in my head and I just write when I feel like it's time to move on @.@

TheZenTraveler

I know my profile is out of date, but don't worry,
Years
Well the JP is coming along, We just got TD into the mix. We're about three quarters of the way done, so look forward to it being posted here within the next few days... if everything goes smoothly.

Oh and as for ghost types... I cannot wait ^-^. Hey Gimmie... is there a chance that a Misdreavus will be available for capture?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
So much yes for a Misdreavus!
Heck, so much yes for any ghost type! *-*

And Zen >_>
Johto Mysteries isn't on hold anymore <_< (just noticed your sig)

Ducklighter

Years
Full Name: Sullivan "Sully" Raine

Appearance: Sully doesn't have a refined, elegance to his appearance due to his upbringing but somehow, it seemed to work for him quite well. He has a height close to 5 foot 11 and weighing about 130 lbs. His skin was a nice olive tan which suggest thick wavy brunette hair that and he has wide hazel eyes. He's a pretty boy with a lot of natural beauty, he was luckily enough to avoid acne in his teenage years and his skin looks really good. Sully has a very well defined and toned, athletic body thanks to the numerous physically activities and sports he has undergone his entire life. Sports have played a huge part in his life and he grew a little bit of an obsession with gym training, so that helped. He has a well-defined body. He's a very natural tan on him and it makes him kind of exotic and foreign. His shoulders are rather broad and his jaw line is defined and structured.

His dress sense is rather plain because he never cared much for fashion or anything like that and almost detested trying to look good. His style comes across as a skater boy. Sully wears green cargo pants which reach just below his knees. Which have pockets on the sides of each hip. His most noticeable accessory is the necklace with a silver poke ball, which he always wears on his neck. He also has a grey hooded t-shirt that he is generally wearing. Some people assume he has style but you can't really tell but Sully doesn't really bother with his appearance and wears what he feels comfortable in. For Sully's shoes he wears standard black sneakers.

Personality: Sully doesn't show his emotions well and it tends to put strain on first impressions of him. He comes off as rather cold, closed off and detached from his feelings which stems from a lack of consistent relationships he's had in his life which has caused him to be distrustful and unwilling to open up to others as easy. His disclosed persona has always been a troubling factor in his life and has often stopped him fitting in and making friends. Despite being quite brash and closed off, he does tend to warm to those who stick around and prove their dependency but that's rarely ever happened with humans.

He's a rather focused and level headed person with not a lot of things to care for besides Pokemon. He's pretty much a one man army and isn't used to companionship or family being there for him. It's something he's grown accustomed to and has shaped the person he is now. Because of his isolated past, he's used to be alone amongst humans but where he lacks in human companionship, he's felt home with Pokémon and takes great comfort in their presence. He is very cautious with strangers and his does come across as very shifty and mistrustful whenever he meets new people. It would take alot for him to trust another human being but when it does, you would think twice to break his trust because he doesn't believe in second chances and wouldn't hesitate to forget you.

If there was one thing he could count on in life, it was his love for Pokémon and their companionship. He's always been rather connected and freer when Pokémon are concerned. Whilst living in the foster home, he never spent much time with the other kids but in the garden, hoping to catch a glimpse of a Wild Pokémon running about and he did, many times. His was always taught that Pokémon were made for companionship and they were looking for a partner and he felt like Pokémon were his kindred spirits and formed this connection with them. The only time you'd see any sort of real emotion is when he's surrounded by Pokémon or battling. He can't explain the feeling he gets from them but he just feels like they could do no wrong with him. He comes across as very competitive when battling. He's also very intense and serious when it comes to anything trainer related. He's very analytical and is often seen paying a lot of attention on opponent's strategies to come up with their predictability.

Sully's lack of communication is made up for him being very observant to his surroundings and he takes a weird sort of pride in this - because he likes Pokémon, and feels more connected with a Pokémon if he knows something about them, like their characteristics, so he observes them to help himself. He picks up on things other people fail to notice and that trait helps him battle. You could say that he's a very shy around people but most wouldn't notice it because he hardly has much to say to people. Although, he slowly overcomes this as he becomes more interested and involved in something; hence why he is rarely nervous or withdrawn whilst battling. Courage when it's needed, typically a pacifist. Overly helpful and dedicated to any task that he takes.

Goal: Sully's only desire right now is to be a good trainer but he's quite aimless right now and wants to figure out what he wants to do.

Brief History: Sully didn't live a relatively normal life. He never grew up in a family with a mother or a father but he grew up in an orphanage. His parents died when he was just 4 years old and since there wasn't anyone else around to take care of him, he was put in care to be raised with a dozen other children just like him. He was generally a bright kid who was happy but suffering the loss of his parents changed him and formed the reclusive teenager he is today. During his time in care, he became quiet and withdrawn. The only people he ever knew, his family, were gone and at that age, he really never understood why and really struggled with the idea of never seeing them again. He never really opened to many people around him except for his foster carer, Annabelle who was very sweet to him and took care of him. He learnt of his only living relative, his father being alive and when he was set to be placed there, things changed.

During his life growing up, he was never sure where his place was and how he fitted into this isolated world. He was a very misunderstood kid because most people assumed that he was being cold and mean to them but all he wanted was to be left alone but others because essentially gave up on life at an early stage. At the age of 9, he was very much known in the home as the kid you wouldn't want to be around. Although the kids could relate with one another, they didn't talk about their shortcomings in life but moved on. Sully couldn't move on. He was plagued with the anger that consumed him because he didn't understand how his mother could just abandon him like that. How she could just up and leave. He was too young to be told the full details of her disappearance but she supposedly died of cancer. Everyone thought it best not to tell him about it to protect him from it. He grew angry towards the lack of knowledge he had about his mother until he was sat down by Annabelle and she told him everything. He soon softened his memory of his mother and was soon a little more sympathetic about his past. He soon moved on from his anger towards his mother and focused on himself. But the new information he had learnt made him more withdrawn and cold towards other. He never really tried to make any friends at school or at the home; he just made do with the Pokémon he dreamt about.

In comparison to the child he was and the teenager he is now, Sully was very different because of how his life panned out. His label as an orphan and having nobody in the world made him a rather closed off person, quick to suspect anyone, everyone and everything around him. He didn't trust well and never allowed people get too close to him because of the idea of loss baring rather painful to him. He felt that people never stick around and they'll leave as soon as you're comfortable with their presence. He wasn't going to make the mistake of caring about someone because he just couldn't deal with the pain of losing someone again. He felt that people weren't reliable as Pokémon were and he grew a strong love and connection for them which still remains rather strong to this day.

When he was only 7, he met a Pokémon on his way back from school. He had decided to ditch the other boys and went an alternative route home because he didn't really like their company. He went through the patchy forest where he met an injured Chikorita in desperate need of help. He decided to take it to the Pokémon Centre where Chikorita got treatment. Sully decided to stay and see how it was doing and after hearing news that it was going to be fine, Sully was about to leave but Nurse. Joy thought it best if he took care of Chikorita. Sully couldn't pass up the opportunity to take care of Chikorita on his own and took him back home. Although, he knew that he wasn't allowed to keep it, so he found a way toh keep it hidden from everyone. A small shed that was barely used in the garden is where he housed Chikorita, visiting it often. During this period, he formed a strong bond with the Pokemon and allowed him to open his heart to Pokemon which was something that continued as Sully tried to release Chikorita back into the wild which the Pokemon refused and chose to stick with him as his friend. This was the beginning of Sully's growing love for Pokemon.

As years went by, Sully would soon visit Chikorita in the forest and it's where he began to meet new Pokemon. Sully contemplated taking the reigns of a trainer but he didn't feel he was ready to, until recently. After quitting his job, he had decided it was time to finally time to go on the journey.

Chosen Starter: Chikorita

Last edited:
Years
Alright, I'll accept you anyway because it is clear you have a good character there and that you put a lot of work into it, but when you get some time can you fix the little discrepancy about his height (you say he is both 5'11" and 6' tall).

Sully's Chikorita has the ability Overgrow and knows Tackle, Synthesis and Grass Pledge.

Ducklighter

Years
Way to jump right into the action Ducklighter xD

Aha, I've really missed role playing in the Pokeverse! I have some potentially good plot lines for Sully and I'm running with it xD

Can't wait to interact with everyone's character! I've read most of the applications and read some of the current posts too.

pastel_fallout

Sayounara
Years
Umm, are you still accepting characters? It's been a long time since I've been in a good RP, and this one catches my interest the most. I'd love to partake in this RP with you all. ^-^

Years
We have room :)
Consider yourself reserved and please try to get an SU posted within the next three days. Looking forward to RPing with you.

pastel_fallout

Sayounara
Years
Full Name: Blaize Shiratai
Appearance: She is of Japanese origin. She has clear pale skin, and purple eyes. She's slightly taller than average, standing at 6 feet tall. She's Average weight. She has lavender hair styled in a bob cut, and her long bangs fall slightly in her face. She wears a black tanktop, ripped black skinny jeans, black hunting boots, and a gray and dark gray striped hoodie.
Personality: Very passionate about life. She will do anything for the thrill. She's very brave. She's rather cold to others, but if you can make a friend of her, you have a trustworthy friend for life. She's rather introverted, and doesn't have much street smarts. She's very rash, and tends to jump into things sooner than she should. She sometimes tends to have nervous breakdowns when under pressure and stress.
Goal: Doesnt really have a set goal. She's trying to get her life on the right track.
Brief History: She was orphaned at a young age when her parents were murdered. She spent the rest of her young life in an orphanage. She didn't talk to the other children, and instead spent her time with the Pokémon helpers, mostly with Gardevoir. She was never adopted due to her introvertedness from humans.
When she turned 14, she discovered she had ESP. She can read the thoughts and emotions of other humans and Pokémon.
As soon as she came of the age of 18, she moved on and started traveling, wanting to become a Pokémon trainer.
Chosen Starter: Ralts
Other: She has a Japanese accent; The Ralts she has is from an egg from the Gardevoir she knew throughout her childhood.

Years
Honestly, and sorry for being harsh, that SU could use a fair bit of work. I'd recommend trying to get about two small paragraphs for her appearance and personality with more still for her history - I know I said brief but try looking at the other SUs for example. You also don't really discuss her motives for anything which would be nice.

There's also already a character capable of communicating with pokemon and one with a ralts. There's no rules aganst sharing talents or pokemon with other charcaters, but I figured I should let you know in case you want to go with something a bit different, either way full ESP would actually be really difficult to RP and could be potentially overpowered considering the nature of pokemon battles, so I'd recommend toning her gift down a lot if you intend to keep it.

Sorry if this comes across as harsh, but you will still be a welcome member to the RP once you fix things up. Your reservation will continue for now, but please try to have your SU complete before it ends. If you need any help with your SU feel free to VM or PM myself or my fellow GM Scyke'd - or even one of the others taking part in the Hoenn Diaries if they are okay with it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back