• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The 'I cried during a Pokemon MD game' club

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    I never cried over video games, but I may feel a little sadness in me like "oh know", or "poor thing". ;]

Years
    I definitely had tears flowing during certain points in PMD2... don't remember for PMD1 though... it's been a while and several other games in between.

Cynic Kaka

Credentials.
    Years
    I almost cried of laughter when I had the chance to say, "bok bok bok," to my partner Torchic! (If that counts)

But I think some of the music made me cry more than anything (more so in the first PMD game, when you were fugitives).

I almost cried of laughter when Zubat called my Torchic and Piplup chickens.

Spirit Ruler

King of the Charizard Empire
    Years
    I cried at the end when Grovyle disappeared, then you disappeared, then at the flashbacks on the beach :'(. So emotional...Then I stopped when Dialga brought my charecter back to life. Does anyone know how you're charecter was still around in PMD1? 'Cos I thought at the end you're charecter goes back to Earth.

Cynic Kaka

Credentials.
    Years
    I'll bet that was the episode where Ash abandoned Pikachu. My sister cried at that one.

And ArcticGlaceon, nobody mentioned Chatot because Chatot wasn't one of the emotionally tied characters.

>_>

He sacrificed his life to save you and your annoying partner, because you were his prized recruits.

Stop Messing Up My Files Porygon-Z!

The shadow of Mismagius
    Years
    What I said in my last post, The episode I nearly cried was when Ash gave away his Squirtle and it had those flashbacks. Sad moment.

I felt that way when I watched the one when James has to leave Chimecho-especially in Japanese.

I cried inside when Grovyle left, but the thing that really struck me emotionally is that at the end, the partner is crying his eyes out after the player dies, but he has to move on.

MD isn't that sad though, because you apparently were some Buddhist monk or something, because you lose your memory to cleanse your heart and soul. Why go back to something if you don't remember if it was GOOD or not?

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
    Duh, MD made you cry?

Spoiler:

P.S I never cry in any entertainment game.

Especially Nintendo Typed.

I wanna know why you guys cry.

My feelings are like, nothing, I don't have a single tear when I play MD.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2024
    I have a bad habit of crying in every game if it happens to have something even remotely emotional in it... I get so attached to my characters!
    same here... My friend and I both got close to tears near the end of the mystery dungeons.

@ Rentorar: nobody cried because HE WASN'T DEAD! he was taken into extensive care. he survived! geez...

Last edited:

SegaSaturnGal

Chibi Amitie says "Yay!"
    Years
    I cried at the end of Pokemon MD: Blue Rescue Team. Seeing my character go back to his world then coming back brought tears to my eyes.

TIC TAC

Xbox Live GamerTag:iDESTRUCTx
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Dec 25, 2017
    In MD blue version, I cried when my Treecko went up, I never thought I'd come back lol.

nofxdino13

GET OFF OF ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Years
    I would give MD2 a damn 3 out of 10 for these 3 reasons. One, I hated the damn flashbacks. They made me want to cut my brother's head off and watch his digestive system work instead(I think it would be more entertaining). Two, the ending was freaking sad, and it was as someone let the ocean inside. Three, the characters were PITIFUL! I got too attached to them and really(I really did this) dropped my DS from a 20-foot high slide. Overall, it was as much fun as watching paint dry, getting kicked in the crotch, an peeling onions.

Back