• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Idea Exchange Thread- Inspiring Bigger Things.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
  • Haha that's awesome!

And yeah, you did the spoiler perfectly. I had issues early on, so I kinda had a nostalgia run after you said that lol.

I can see what you mean about the level curve, and I am looking forward to seeing a link in your description with a proper link to a thread, but you'll have to get a working demo (up to 1 Gym's completion for thread creation, in the progressing hacks section) before posting a thread for the game.

Keep your head up, and make sure you come back here often! You never know what you will find in The Idea Exchange Thread! :3

Good luck!

I'm working on Cherrygrove as we speak as well as fixing up Rustboro, thanks, and I'll keep an eye out!

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Magic used REVIVE.

Anyone sitting on any more story or feature ideas? This thread is awesome for discussing creativity, so let's not let it die! : D

Another idea I may or may not use. Feel free to develop it further/use them yourself. Let me know what you think.

Changes to HMs
    Rather than HMs being a static attack I'd like them to develop with the story. One idea I've been trying to implement would be an increasing attack depending on either (a) badges or (b) use. It wouldn't allow to all HMs, only the weak/less used/more annoying ones.

Take cut, for example. For every two badges (or 10 cut bushes cut) the attack gains 5 power. Meaning, at the end of the game, Cut would be an 80 attack move rather than 60 - hopefully making it a lot more useful and less of a pain to keep on a party member.

DarkenedEclipse

Project Oak
    Years
  • Although this may sound really noobish of me XD... What if there's a way to change the pokemon tamed level works? Like instead of you need to have X amount of badges for X level of pokemon to obey you instead of doing whatever, you can change it to... I don't know, something such as points in the storyline where the levels will be activated then? I've always hated badges putting those restrictions on me, and would rather have it to the storyline to increase difficulty and be able to strategize how I play the hack more.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2019
    I have this idea of doing a Gen 1 hack that involves everything(almost everything) being the opposite of what its supposed to be, like the Pokemon Tower being in Vermilion City rather than in Lavender Town, and the Gym leaders specialize in types that are the opposite of what they really use. Like an alternate universe or dimension

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Although this may sound really noobish of me XD... What if there's a way to change the pokemon tamed level works? Like instead of you need to have X amount of badges for X level of pokemon to obey you instead of doing whatever, you can change it to... I don't know, something such as points in the storyline where the levels will be activated then? I've always hated badges putting those restrictions on me, and would rather have it to the storyline to increase difficulty and be able to strategize how I play the hack more.

Sounds like a good idea! I'm pretty sure it's possible to remove the level-restrictions from badges, so I'm sure it would be possible to move them to other flags and use them in the story! In the original games the badges were story markers though, really.

I have this idea of doing a Gen 1 hack that involves everything(almost everything) being the opposite of what its supposed to be, like the Pokemon Tower being in Vermilion City rather than in Lavender Town, and the Gym leaders specialize in types that are the opposite of what they really use. Like an alternate universe or dimension

Sounds like an interesting idea, although would have to be well done and make sure the whole world was back to front. :P Not sure what the purpose of moving the tower would be though?...

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Sounds like a good idea! I'm pretty sure it's possible to remove the level-restrictions from badges, so I'm sure it would be possible to move them to other flags and use them in the story! In the original games the badges were story markers though, really.

Sounds like an interesting idea, although would have to be well done and make sure the whole world was back to front. :P Not sure what the purpose of moving the tower would be though?...
    I believe it goes with the theory that the tower originallly was meant for vermilion city.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    I believe I have mentioned the first in an earlier thread, but here are a couple:
    We play the game from a scientist's perspective and explain exactly how things work/how the Pokemon world works. How much power the Elite 4 and Gym Leaders have, how Pokeballs, Pokemon Centers, Potions, etc. work, history of Pokemon usage in greater detail, all that. Would take a lot of work to come out right though.

The second: you know how there's an ASM hack for deleting Pokemon once fainted? I have an idea for that. It's not for everyone by any stretch of the means nor would a lot even want to play the idea, but what if we make a hack that plays akin to the less linear SaGa games or Dragon Quest?

1. This is prevalent through the entire game. Permadeath, you lose if you lose all Pokemon period. No, it would not be mentioned in great detail and is not used for gratuitous death/edgy plot purposes (a short mention is made about percentages to not make it out-of-nowhere). Plot is more-or-less the same as other GF games.

2. Starters would be random and chosen from a list, you only choose the type.

3. The world would be completely open, with no roadblocks outside of really important things. This is done slightly inspired by older JRPGs: you are only limited by what you can tackle, while you can go everywhere from the start you may not like what you find. Sure the NPCs may tell you where beginners go to train, but that doesn't mean you have to. Some events would happen if you do things in a certain order, and of course certain Pokemon/items you can get in certain places have an advantage in certain places or events.

4. HMs are usable without badges but you need the HM. Gyms exist though you can battle them in any order, would be a sizable challenge (note: does not always mean "extremely high levels and extreme grind") and you would need to travel around to train.

5. This game would be pretty well built around expectations that the player is not only experienced at Pokemon, but will take multiple playthroughs of the game. The intro would be shorter than even FireRed, and is only for the purpose of you getting a starter which will also be different. So you don't feel exactly like you're playing the same slog everytime, and you can take another route if you wish.

Last edited:

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • Bump

Ello! I thought it'd be a good idea to finally breathe life in this thread again by introducing a new idea!

I've been torn between making two hacks. One of which, you explore an open world and the other one, which you play in this "Paper Mario" narrative that's all about Detective Looker. So how about a Pokémon hack where it plays out similar to a Paper Mario game. There's eight chapters, each ending with its own boss battle. Have powers that can change how you interact with the overworld and such.

Hell, put in some Phoneix Wright detective solving gameplay in there.

I haven't seen the idea used at all and I think it's too good an opportunity to pass up. What do you think?

Years
  • I had an idea of a rom hack crossover of persona 4 and pokemon, I love both the games and i wanted to do a rom hack with both elements in it. I have been researching Shinto Myths of the Gods, Izanagi, (Creation God of Life) Izanami (Creation Goddess of Death) , Kagutsuchi (God of Fire who killed Izanami in Childbirth) Susanoo (Sea God) and Amaterasu (Sun Goddess) and Tsukuyomi (Moon God) these would be the main legendaries.

Susanoo, Amaterasu, Tsukuyomi would be like Raikou, Suicune and Entei servants/observers/protectors for Izanagi since they are his children.
    Kagutsuchi "Kagu" the main protagonist who doesn't remember the past or who he is, he wants to know what he is and who he is. He can talk to pokemon and control fire. I was thinking Susanoo, Amaterasu, Tsukuyomi could help the protagonist? I don't know how but they could.
    Izanagi would be the one one of the main legendaries that fights against Izanami for peace.
    Izanami is the opposing legendary that wants to seek revenge on Izanagi for not keeping his promise to stay with her in Yomi (Hell) and also take it out on everyone.

I was thinking that the Purist (cultist) forsaw Izanami escaping from hell and was trying to summon Izanagi from heaven to fight her
    and the insane cultist (sinners something like that) (people who were part of the purists but decided to follow Izanami) were trying to summon her on earth. (The cultist act similar to teams in pokemon)

I don't know how to make all of this sound good, um can anyone help flesh this out or if you have ideas that you would like to contribute please let me know. I want know what you guys think.

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2024
    Pokemon Mystery Dungeon hack mixed with original gameplay, like the Ruby Destiny one? So many ideas...opinions?

First off, I can't made hacks. I'm a writer, and I can come up with plots and twists and turns all day long, but I've never done a game.

Now, secondly I'm going to say how my idea came about and what exactly that idea is. So, many of us can agree that the Ruby Destiny series is pretty popular, and if you've played it you probably remember the Rescue Rangers game. While I was playing it, I couldn't help but notice how the mix between the two playing styles fit. I never really liked how you played in the Mystery Dungeon games, making it hard to get places with the tiles in the field, though outside in villages and such were really cool to see. I liked the dungeons themselves, the challenges and levels and traps and all these add ons, but there was something lacking. Likewise, the original pokemon games could use some of the creativity, I think, of the Mystery Dungon ideas.

Thinking back, I wondered what would happen if someone did this style with the games already out, remakes. Following that road, what about the backstories we never got to play? My personal favorite would be Explorers of Darkness, Time, and Sky. All the same game, of course, and same story line. I always wanted to see how Grovyle and the hero met, and all the adventures and dangers they faced in such a dark future timeline, and there were just so many other things I wanted answered thinking over these limitless possibilities. Now, I'm a fanfiction writer, and I always like writing in missing gaps for books and shows and games that haven't been explored much, so this is idea gold for me. Contemplated about doing a story, actually, but I procrastinate far too much for the length I'd probably make it.

After all of this thought, I started researching, and to my surprise almost no one has attempted any hacks for the Mystery Dungeon series, or tried out the style that the maker of the Ruby Destiny series, destinedjagold, did. Needless to say, I was more than a little disappointed. The only hack I could find was Legend of the Psychics, which was only on beta one and had quite a few glitches to work out.

Anyway, long, rambling story short...does anyone else really want to see this? It just seems like such a unique, unexplored area for hacking. Again, if I could make hacks I'd try it myself in a heartbeat, but sadly I can't. Though if any of you want to make it I'd be more than happy to assist in dialogue editing, idea bouncing, storylines, sub plots, twists, opinions, grammar fixing, any of that jazz. And feel more than free to take this idea and run to next Sunday with it. In fact, all of you should make one, it'll give me something to play! Not to mention all the other various backstories you could do here, such as the curse from Ninetales in the gen one game, or maybe how other teams met up and grew. Again, there's just so much untapped potential here, and I feel like it's too often unseen and looked over. I think it's a thought that should at least be considered, because these could really be a hit! A more in depth story line, something I find really valuable in a stand out hack, intriguing characters, backstories, maybe add a few player options that could affect plot and player dialogue? Oh my gosh, the ideas are flooding me right now!

So, once again, is there anyone but me interested by this idea, or is it just me? Please say it's not just me...

Back