• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The idea of a live action movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

humanking

Old School Fan
Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2010
    Granted the anime has shown guns, but they were never fired.

thus, meaning that guns in the pokémon world are for show? i guess they can fire it.

Plus, if they want to make a movie for money, they need to target older audiences.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    Pokemon things aren't usually this secretive. And why would it be shown to a random group of people? This isn't a normal strategy.

It's actually pretty common. Looks like a test audience/test footage kind of deal. Producers often dip their feet in the water before going all out. The timing seems right, in terms of a market that might want to see this, so it might be a scarier truth than we think.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Pokemon and guns are fine for fan fiction (otherwise I'd be in trouble lol) but for something that's supposedly "mainstream" it's probably better to keep them out of it.

And this looks terribly low-budget. I would really hope that any "official" project with the Pokemon name on it would have a larger budget and more attention given to the look and quality of the production.

Therefore, I'm calling "unofficial" on this one.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • It's obviously fake but people are led to believe otherwise because this thread has yet to be closed for some reason. How sad.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    Just because something's a rumor and likely fake doesn't mean the thread should be closed.
    Forums are for discussion.

Discuss.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • When no other site is taking this seriously, the video nor the information is available on any other site which would've picked this up, the clues in the movie itself (Taking place in Kanto at the tail-end of Gen IV, etc), and the obvious low budget, it's pretty damn obvious it's a fake. The people who are willing to discuss obviously false information on the basis that "Forums are for discussion" are morons.

Infract me please.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • When no other site is taking this seriously, the video nor the information is available on any other site which would've picked this up, the clues in the movie itself (Taking place in Kanto at the tail-end of Gen IV, etc), and the obvious low budget, it's pretty damn obvious it's a fake. The people who are willing to discuss obviously false information on the basis that "Forums are for discussion" are morons.

Infract me please.
    Reason why I haven't closed this is because I'm fine with people discussing the video and its contents. Yes, it may be fake and I believe strongly that it is fake, but I don't think it should stop discussion on the video and the idea on "what if Pokémon made a live action movie one day?"

If you don't want to discuss it because you believe it is fake, then fine. Leave the thread alone for people who do. u_u

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I can't exactly bring myself to hate something like this... I mean really, they put GUNS in POkéMON! THAT'S FREAKIN' AWESOME! :D at least to me

If there is a possibility that this is real, then I want to see it. I do agree that Ash looks too old, though. :|

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    what if Pokémon made a live action movie one day?
    Exactly. I didn't post just to be contrary. This is where discussion takes off. Given the movies that are out now, what would you think of a pokemon movie released 2011? 2012? And more importantly, can this discussion be had without the usual <censored> that occurs over adaptations being "not ____ enough" or "too ____."

Last edited by a moderator:

Zet

Years
  • If someone actually did a live action pokemon movie, it would be horribly butchered that no one would ever want to watch or play pokemon again.... besides what kind of story would it even have? The best live action pokemon thing to watch is that Pokemon musical or whatever it was.

Saitou

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2014
    If someone actually did a live action pokemon movie, it would be horribly butchered that no one would ever want to watch or play pokemon again.... besides what kind of story would it even have? The best live action pokemon thing to watch is that Pokemon musical or whatever it was.

Pretty much this, really. I don't see the point of adapting Pokémon into a movie, moreover an action, with guns(?), one.

richdevildog559

My XBL GTag: X Factr559
    Years
  • well this thread brings up mixed opinions so let me throw in mine. ive been looking every where as to whether this trailer is real or another one of those ign pranks. so far i havent found anything other than just speculations and the same stories that shogun received an email about it.

i do believe that it was a private screening. but only to the movie studios executives and select ppl within the business, to show off a possible movie pitch and sell it, just like that mortal kombat reboot trailer. plus there is an actual known actor in there. secondly, guns into the mix is perfect for the series cause not only does it add a different tone, but it also grabs the attention to those of us that r older nd a bit grown up now. cause those of us who started pokemon were about what 7 or older, fast forward from that time, majority of that generation would like to see some gritty violence to the series. and if i remember right, when pokemon came out, there are some banned episodes were guns were used in the japanese versions of the series.

in general, live action movie idea is a good idea for us older generations with the inclusion of weapons being used. brings a more seriousness nd again different tone to it. bad for the younger kids/generations who started late or have recently picked up on it. just means just ur too closed minded to accept something different.
    thats my 2cents on the trailer, go ahead and shred this posted opinion

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • Does it really matter?

Haven't we seen/heard enough about supposed "Live Action Pokemon Movies"?

Most of them have been fake...

Who knows.

Either way, if this turns out to be real and the movie is like the "leaked trailer" I'll probably bite and go see it.

We'll just have to wait and see until a reliable source confirms it as either real or fake.

That is all.

*leaves*

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Not reading this thread, as I've seen this discussion elsewhere, however I will say this. There's SSBB footage in the trailers. So no, it's fake. End of discussion.

The Red Chain

I honestly cannot see this going anywhere good. It just feels like Pokemon should stay anime, and not be live action. Ever. That would just be too awkward. It would probably be crappy animatronics for most of the Pokemon, and thus making them seem really unrealistic.

It just does not sound like a great idea to me. Maybe if they did it like the live action Scooby Doo.
    The computer created Scooby was actually really good. <3

Years
  • The idea of a live action movie?

It's been confirmed to be fake. It's called Pokemon Apokelypse, and it's a fanmade project.

WARNING: Some language, so don't play it too loud at home. ._.;

I'm actually interested in this.

Last edited:

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Graphics look like absolute crap. Scratch that the whole thing does.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back