• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The ideal sleep

Ayselipera

When it comes to sleeping what are your ideal preferences? This can be the position in which you sleep in, items that you like to sleep with, certain amounts of pillows/blankets, cold or hot room, door open or shut, window open or shut, total darkness or lights on, pajamas, etc?

As for myself I tend to sleep on my stomach or on my sides. It's literally impossible for me to fall asleep on my back unless I'm having terrible stomach pains and am forced to lay on my back. I don't sleep with anything special because I find it just takes up room and I don't see the point. I prefer one pillow, but I'll use two on occasion. As for blankets I try to pile on as many as I can, but at the moment I've settled with three. I like the surrounding air in my room to be cold which makes being under the covers so much better and warmer. My door has to be shut and the window has to be open if its nice out or raining. I prefer total darkness when I sleep and hate when a bit of light gets in and I regularly sleep naked or with just a shirt on if it's chilly.

Kayges

Ebb & Flow
    Years
    • Age 30
    • USA
    • Seen Feb 22, 2016
    The best conditions for sleep in my case is two pillows, one comforter (sometimes and extra banket if it's cold), a cool atmosphere, window closed, most of the light gone, door open (otherwise there's no ventilation), sleeping on my back and some shorts on. To be honest, though, the best thing that could happen is to fall asleep as fast as possible. I dislike tossing around so much. u.u

Magdalena~

Feel the hnnnnggg
    Years
  • I need a nice pillow, enough layers of nice blankets to keep me warm, and a cold temperature that is cold but bearable. I only ever sleep in my pyjamas; no more, no less. To have another person snuggling with me would probably be nice! I find when I'm not hugging either a person or a plush toy, I am imagining it, so if I can't have another person, I would like a beautiful unicorn pillow pet please.
    I am just getting over my addiction to sleeping with a fan, so normally I would say I need a fan to sleep but I'm just going to say never ever let me sleep with a fan again.

Enclosed room, as dark as possible, no noise at all. I can't sleep with a clock ticking. Otherwise I don't really care that much. I have trouble sleeping in a bed that is incredibly dirty or ridiculously layered and far too extravagant. I also tend to prefer beds that are slightly higher up, i.e. above the ground, or maybe even a loft bed.
    I sometimes pull the covers over my head and sometimes don't, but make sure the covers are long enough, because I always try covering my head a few times before I end up with the final result.
    I alternate between sleeping on my face, side and back. I don't find any noticeable difference in how much rest I get from these.

Oh and NOTHING CAN BE WET. NOTHING WHATSOEVER. AT ALL.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • two pillows. three if possible. and another long one. Can't sleep with just a single pillow. too low. also two foams for my bed. LOL.

as for sleeping position, always lying down, one hand under the pillow, another hand somewhere.

Years
  • The main problem for me is the air. If I open the window it's too cold and too bright, if I open the door, someone will go to the toilet in the middle of the night and I'll hear it, if i don't do anything I usually don't sleep very well and feel absolutely horrible in the morning.

There always have to be a glass and a non-empty bottle of water in close distance, too. And the pillow has to be huge and flat.

Other than that, I don't really have any preferences.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    The only thing I really need is some kind of blanket. It doesn't even have to be that warm, just something to cover my body or else I feel exposed. That aside, I don't need anything else.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    The best sleep for me is when I am warm and secluded, when I can't hear and can't see anything. Usually I'm on my side with my knees up, but there's this strange thing I prefer which is sleep paralysis and it happens when you sleep on your back (more often), it makes me feel heavy and in place and kind of in another world, it's like a body-coma.

Brittani

Pokefan for life!! (:
    Years
  • The ideal sleep for me would be cuddled up in a master bed with my dog and a large, supple blanket comforting us. The pillows would be very fine and delicate. I'd prefer dim lighting and a window adjacent to the bed as well. The room itself, if decorated to my liking, would contain modern furniture with a domino-like theme which would go perfectly with the Reshiram and Zekrom plushies that would accompany us. The room shall be scented with MidSummer's Night. or French Vanilla. Which ever I'm feeling for. Oh, and my dog would be wearing a cookie dough scented collar around her neck, of course. I love the smell of cookie dough :3 .... They need to make those...

Years
  • I need to have my feet free. Not uncovered, because that would get chilly, but not clamped down with sheets. I also have to sleep on my side. I can't get comfortable on my back and I can't breathe lying on my stomach. Unless I'm really tired I need it to be dark, too, or at the very least dimly lit. Any noise at all keeps me awake, but talking is the worst thing to hear when I want to sleep. I'm such a light sleeper that any sounds or lights or, really, anything will wake me up in the middle of the night.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Here goes: At least a double bed, but if it's a Queen/King, then even better. Pristinely clean fitted sheet. Two pillow, one on top of the other to raise my neck. A thinner-than-average duvet - above all else, I HATE being warm in bed - but one that covers everything apart from my head. A cool-ish temperature is also key. The final touch - the sleeping position - is my patented sarcophagus position (not actually patented) in which I lie on my back under the duvet with my arms above said duvet and resting gently on my stomach. Also referred to my friends as 'Dracula asleep' and, more affectionately, 'The Corpse'.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I need to have a glass of water/squash with me in-case I get thirsty. I also have a dim light on which helps to soothe me.

Years
  • I prefer total darkness and complete silence when I sleep. I will be resting on my right hand side which elevates the heart, therefore putting less strain on the blood pump. In the summer I sometimes sleep without a shirt on or even completely naked on the rare occasion. Otherwise it's just a standard shirt and boxers. A single pillow and blanket are sufficient for me. I often like to curl up into a ball and wrap the blanket around me like a cocoon of sorts.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I often fall asleep on my back but wake up on my stomach or sides. I find sleeping on my sides most comfortable, with my legs bent because I spend most of the day at work standing or walking. I'm a pretty deep sleeper, so I have no preferences as to noise level or lighting, but generally it's dark and quiet when I sleep which I'm sure is the case for most people. I don't need background noise, but it doesn't stop me sleeping. The only thing that obstructs my ideal sleep is the heat level. I can't sleep if it's too hot. My mother always comes in in the middle of the night and puts blankets over me because she's cold, and she doesn't seem to understand that men run hotter than women and therefore all she's doing is turning my bed into the fiery pits of Hell. I find that the best sleep comes when I have one leg in the covers and one leg out :P

Years
  • I am also completely unable to fall asleep on my back - it just feels wrong to me. My ideal position would be on my stomach or sides with a pillow that isn't totally flat from being excessively used. I recently had to get another pillow because I've started having neck pains after waking up (which helped a ton).

Years
  • Heat is the killer for me. General high temperatures or polyester sheets/pillow-slips that don't breathe make it very difficult for me to be comfortable in general - even if awake. Obviously, that matters tenfold when trying to sleep, because relaxation is the key.

WhiteExterior

Back from Beyond
    Years
  • I'm a bit of a pillow hog, to be perfectly honest. I have to be surrounded by many, many pillows, and sleep with a very specific blanket. And it has to be in complete darkness. If there's light, it just keeps me up.

Also, screaming baby downstairs doesn't help me sleep at all, sadly. XD

Back