• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Incredibly Wandering Thread (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Referrals are small little "points" -- except they don't do anything at all -- that are within your statistics. They show up when someone follows your referral link (basically a URL for registering an account, but automatically has you as the referee to the new member) to user registration. Users can manually input usernames for referrals, too.

All and all, they're pretty redundant, imo.

Anymore questions? I'll be here all day! *tuh tap tap*

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Nick why are you so fabulous???

:( lol I've inspired plenty of people to join but I think only two or three ever put my name down as their referrer. ;_;

Kavii

forever my furret
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2015
    Do we actually earn points or something for inspiring referrals?

Just thought I'd ask since the Wandering Thread wandered into Community Questions and Feedback.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    How do I become a moderator? I think I would be fantastic for the job, I mean... I just joined the forum last month, have less than two hundred posts, and break half the rules.[/badjoke] I couldn't think of anything to put since it is CQ&F

Oh, oh, and.. @The Above Poster:
    Referrals don't really mean anything..

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    If they had janitors here like they have on 4chan I wouldn't mind being one of those.

Cherrim

Years
    We don't really need anything of that sort though. @_@ We have reports and, unlike 4chan, we aren't anon so you know who to go to as far as moderators go and the like. :s Plus, with like only a fraction of the activity, janitors would just be unnecessary. xD;

Years
    Do we actually earn points or something for inspiring referrals?

Just thought I'd ask since the Wandering Thread wandered into Community Questions and Feedback.
    Yeah . . they don't do anything. Lol. They're just a record of how many people who put your name when they signed up for the forum. It means nothing, really, since someone could create a bunch of alts and refer themselves repeatedly :p

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Yeah . . they don't do anything. Lol. They're just a record of how many people who put your name when they signed up for the forum. It means nothing, really, since someone could create a bunch of alts and refer themselves repeatedly :p
    All of my alternative accounts have me as their recomendee. n__n

Actually, I lied. I have so many alternative accounts (that I don't use) for the sake of having the username. But 1/4 of them have me as the recomendee. I think there's about six or seven members I recommended.

Cherrim

Years
    ...wow, Nick. :( I think I have maybe 3 alts and only one of them ever put me down as the referrer.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back