• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] The International Idol Star Festival/Tournament! [T]

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
    Years
    about time

Mmm, maybe there will be?

Battling and coordinating really aren't as different as you implied in this scenario. The latter manipulates a Pokemon's talents to impress while the former manipulates a Pokemon's talents to effectively take out another Pokemon. The differences and similarities between the two, I think, would make for an interesting theme to discuss during the in-character events.

With that said, don't stress about writing combative scenes. If I do incorporate the "contest battles" from the anime, I won't be throwing at you right away.

But, speaking of the in-character thread, I will begin writing out the very first post later today, everyone. The thread itself should be up by the end of the week, preferably before the weekend.

LOL There are going to be contest battles? Jay is going to explode when that happens :|

Ech

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2018
    about time

Mmm, maybe there will be?

Battling and coordinating really aren't as different as you implied in this scenario. The latter manipulates a Pokemon's talents to impress while the former manipulates a Pokemon's talents to effectively take out another Pokemon. The differences and similarities between the two, I think, would make for an interesting theme to discuss during the in-character events.

With that said, don't stress about writing combative scenes. If I do incorporate the "contest battles" from the anime, I won't be throwing at you right away.

But, speaking of the in-character thread, I will begin writing out the very first post later today, everyone. The thread itself should be up by the end of the week, preferably before the weekend.

Ah, thanks. I'm not against the idea, just informing that I am a little inept handling combat against other players. I actually ook forward to moments where our characters directly compete with each other in the same scene rather than just taking turns and giving solo performances.

Jauntier

Where was your antennas again?
    Years

I hope the judges are this easily impressed by nothing else but a sickly-green glow.​

I can't wait to see Jauntier's piss-yellow formatting put to use in the IC thread

Shut up. It isn't piss-yellow.

It's mustard-yellow. Dijon.

Jauntier

Years
    That was a great intro post. Really got a feel for the qualities and dynamic of the NPC characters.

Now, is Soren the helping type, or the one who got away...? I'll have a post up hopefully sometime tomorrow.

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
    Years
    ...Is there any chance someone could help me with CSS formatting? I know sort of what I want to do but I have no clue how to go about achieving it. THANKS!!!!

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    ...Is there any chance someone could help me with CSS formatting? I know sort of what I want to do but I have no clue how to go about achieving it. THANKS!!!!
    I learned how to format my posts by finding resources scattered across the forums, quoted other good-looking posts and experimenting from there using PMs. I believe there's even some semblance of a guide here in the RPT, in one of the stickied threads. Gotta take initiative.

Ech

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2018
    Lurking goggles on.
    Stalking gear activated.
    Potato chips deployed.

Dis gunna B gud.

if you're going to stalk us like how I stalk Cornered, you better whip out some MS Paint and draw some dank fanart, boi, no matter how good or bad it is.

specifically, I demand nothing but Escargoo smut

alternatively, shower us in a pool of memes that's so deep, it would make fox cry out of envy

Also, sorry for delaying on a post. I should have something done by Saturday at the very latest, unless work decides to overwhelm me or I get into an accident (which hopefully doesn't happen, as I noticed the joint in my right shoulder has been feeling very off lately). I'm honestly having more trouble refining my post with abbreviations so people don't have to read an inanely written novel on Carcol's nonsensical introspection and how he has a giant man-crush on Juan, how Anne-Marie is his soul-mate and how he genuinely believes Carlos is the Devil Incarnate who wishes to suck the souls of the living.

And is it JASPER or GASPARRE?

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    >alternatively, shower us in a pool of memes that's so deep, it would make fox cry out of envy

Also, sorry for delaying on a post. I should have something done by Saturday at the very latest, unless work decides to overwhelm me or I get into an accident (which hopefully doesn't happen, as I noticed the joint in my right shoulder has been feeling very off lately). I'm honestly having more trouble refining my post with abbreviations so people don't have to read an inanely written novel on Carcol's nonsensical introspection and how he has a giant man-crush on Juan, how Anne-Marie is his soul-mate and how he genuinely believes Carlos is the Devil Incarnate who wishes to suck the souls of the living.

And is it JASPER or GASPARRE?
    DON'T DO THAT FIRST THING, ORX

Ewery is right, concerning Jasper/Gasparre. See, Ech? They pick up on things.

But, truly, don't worry. You have all week, and if it means getting a really great first post that's a hell of a lot better than mine , then I have no concerns.

but do it ^^^^^^ all of that, everything you described

I'll actually take this time right now to sincerely apologize to everyone for my lack of knowledge concerning stage and theater vocabulary. I will fully admit that, when preparing for this RP, the actual locations in-terms of where the coordinators would specifically perform was put under how they'd go about performing priority-wise. I can only get better from here, I promise.

As of right now, we have two lady coordinators skipping the bullshit and getting right to their dressing rooms and staying there. Could they have the right idea, or are they missing out on some key opportunities? Let's see.

But that also means we shouldn't spent too much time out there with the judges, so if someone's character does choose to lend a helping hand, there might be a bit of bunnying on my end, or possibly their own with them just automatically helping to catch or calm the loosed Pokemon. On my part, it would mostly amount to the judge saying "Thanks" and it being implied that your character did whatever needed to be done to effectively help.

Just a heads-up regarding that.​

Jauntier

Years
    But that also means we shouldn't spent too much time out there with the judges, so if someone's character does choose to lend a helping hand, there might be a bit of bunnying on my end, or possibly their own with them just automatically helping to catch or calm the loosed Pokemon. On my part, it would mostly amount to the judge saying "Thanks" and it being implied that your character did whatever needed to be done to effectively help.

Just a heads-up regarding that.​

So are the coordinators sitting in the orchestra or the orchestra pit seats?????

I intend for Soren to assist one of the professional coordinators, but now that you've explained how you intend to go about it, I may just finish writing out the entire ordeal between my character and his orders to his Pokemon against the target, and succeeding. Is that fine with you, or are you going to want to interject your characters in there?

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    So are the coordinators sitting in the orchestra or the orchestra pit seats?????

I intend for Soren to assist one of the professional coordinators, but now that you've explained how you intend to go about it, I may just finish writing out the entire ordeal between my character and his orders to his Pokemon against the target, and succeeding. Is that fine with you, or are you going to want to interject your characters in there?
    what the fuck is a
    I never imagined there to be an orchestra pit since this an auditorium intended entirely for coordination and those don't necessarily call for live performers. So we'll say the seats begin where the stage ends, the stage being elevated over the chairs. The coordinators begin in the front row (or I guess the second row, Ewery.)

You can go ahead and just help the Pokemon as you would, as long as you don't determine the judge's reaction whilst doing so.

Ech

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2018
    Gasparre is his real first name, but Jasper is his nickname and what most people call him.

Thank you. Thank you for not capitalizing on my ignorance and roasting me alive. You have spared me.

Carcol gonna be thirsty and probably gonna go tangle with the ladies on stage for some booty call. He'll probably be super awkward and cringey because he's just as good at flirting as I am with the boys and girls at my local bars. (I am single forever, btw)

Though maybe I might take the bolder route and have Carcol venture outside the stadium, because he's an idiot like that. Are visitors allowed at the lobby? I'm aware Gas-per and the Lord of Evil are out there, waiting to tear apart whoever comes out and I'm not sure if the Hall is currently closed off to others. But I was thinking about briefly introducing Carcol's mother who would quickly drop by to give her son a few things he callously forgot because he woke up so late and had to rush to the hall. Of course, if this is not allowed, I can omit this and just go with the former. It just provides a brief scene showcasing Carcol's incredibly dysfunctional relationship with his elitist mother and foreshadows a few terrible things that he may do in the future.

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    Though maybe I might take the bolder route and have Carcol venture outside the stadium, because he's an idiot like that. Are visitors allowed at the lobby? I'm aware Gas-per and the Lord of Evil are out there, waiting to tear apart whoever comes out and I'm not sure if the Hall is currently closed off to others. But I was thinking about briefly introducing Carcol's mother who would quickly drop by to give her son a few things he callously forgot because he woke up so late and had to rush to the hall. Of course, if this is not allowed, I can omit this and just go with the former. It just provides a brief scene showcasing Carcol's incredibly dysfunctional relationship with his elitist mother and foreshadows a few terrible things that he may do in the future.
    Thorough apologies for the late reply. My irresponsibility.

As good of an idea it is, I dooon't think other people, regardless if they're related or not, would be allowed to enter the stadium at this time. Otherwise even Carlos would understand someone going out for more than just pachinko machines or whatever. As a compromise, you can ring 'er up anime-style backstage. A machine like the one in that clip would most likely be placed among the PCs, or perhaps its function would be a built-in feature. Depends on what you'd like.​
    Brief reminder for those who haven't posted to do so before the 30th of June, otherwise we will have to continue forward. Your character will either be bunnied forward, assumed to be cleaned, or overlooked, depending on individual situations.

Two notifications concerning my activity: I won't be active the 28th since that's my B-day and I'd feel guilty spending it online, y'know? I'm also going to Aruba for a few days in July! Huzzah! Specific dates regarding that are soon to come, and I'd like to at least get to the intro of or the stopping point before the first contest round before I go on vacay.​

Jauntier

Years
    Ugh, that Soren post was so good.

I am going to have so much fun antagonizing the judges. That first impression was a lasting one.

Everyone better watch out! This 12-year-old kid is gonna bust some heads while he thinks himself clever and sneaky, but isn't that really, because he's only 12.

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    Everyone better watch out! This 12-year-old kid is gonna bust some heads while he thinks himself clever and sneaky, but isn't that really, because he's only 12.
    stop being ageist jaunt, smh, i'll have to kick you for making me uncomfortable

If you're lucky, they'll respond to your frosty shenanigans tonight. You at least might not piss off one of them.​

Jauntier

Years
    So blatant.

If I don't piss anyone off, out of all of them, it could very well be Dequan. I feel like because he'd just appreciate how clever it was.

Maybe Kiera, because she's passive.

Back