• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Isshu Region

Years
I think I know where it is!

Hiun City = Auckland!

auckland.jpg
isshu.jpg

Both are transport and commercial hubs and Isshu is seen to be high-tech in places and low-tech in others. New Zealand has high-tech cities but quite bucolic countryside. Both have a lot of mining.

Just a hunch but I think maybe Isshu = New Zealand!
Your same argument can apply to the New York City idea as well. New York is a major commercial hub and to its north is the Hudson Valley which is very bucolic. It also a few hundred miles from the coal mines in the Appalachian Mountains.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years

Hiun City = Auckland!

auckland.jpg
isshu.jpg

Both are transport and commercial hubs and Isshu is seen to be high-tech in places and low-tech in others. New Zealand has high-tech cities but quite bucolic countryside. Both have a lot of mining.

Is you're right nd this is true, lets just hope the Isshu region isn't overrun with Mareep/Flaaffy.

Nick Man

Not Really Real
Years
I think the Isshu Region is West of Johto or in real life, in Honshu and Kyushu.
Hiun City might be Kitakyushu City and the bridge might be the Kammon-Kyo Bridge, connecting Honshu and Kyushu.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
Years
i just hope all those buildings have some kind of purpose, one will most likely be a department store but will the others be inaccessible, like celadon or goldenrod?

PKMN Trainer Red!

A former trainer champion...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Guam
  • Seen Apr 26, 2014
Isshu region...
Well from the screen shots, it is already advanced.
I mean Hiun City surpasses Jubilife, Goldenrod, Saffron, and Lilycove City.
Well that is what I think.

I just hope that there are more places t go in this region than the connected Kanto and Johto.
I mean want my excitement to be satisfied and not disappointed.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 2, 2022
just to notice sumthing, there are stairs from one of the docks to the sea. that can mean a sea route to another city or sumthing similar

I figure that is either for ships that come into Hiun City's port, and it's an area that you can't get into (you know, just a filler to make it look more like a city), or the stairs leading to the sea are for surf or possibly something else down there.

Hiun City = Auckland!

auckland.jpg
isshu.jpg

Hmm, it maybe but I'm not convinced. I agree with Red1530 with the thing about New York. It too is a major transport and commercial hub (come on it's one of the world's financial capitals) and the appalachians aren't too far away. Auckland does bear somewhat of a resemblance but Hiun City's skyline definitely isn't based on it. It is possible that they took features from two or more cities in the world and combined them into one. Gen 5 is suppose to be a revolution of pkmn afterall so it's possible.

i just hope all those buildings have some kind of purpose, one will most likely be a department store but will the others be inaccessible, like celadon or goldenrod?

I'm sure we will have acess to a decent number of them, but to the majority probably not. I mean with so many scrapers in Hiun City it would take forever to go inside each (especially if you had access to multiple floors in a building). Think about it, NYC has hundreds of skysvrapers, if you lived in the city would you travel to every one? If you include the number of high rises than that number zooms almost past 6,000 buildings.

Anyways, the usual department store, few buildings to get into, then other buildings no entrance is old and yeah it should be changed.

From the screenshots (African-Americans), locations, and characters (yay baseball caps), I'm assuming this one may be based on North America.

well the colored person could be black, and if she **looks like a girl from back sprite** is then it could be based anywhere. There are black people living in western European countries, Australia, NZ, USA, Latin America, etc. But yeah more than likely if there were more people like her it would more than likely be based in USA or maybe Brazil? (it has largest # of ppl of african descent outside of Africa). The colored person could be Arab, South Asian, or even a Native American too though.

When did they ever show a screenshot of a colored person in these games?
I can't find any solo pics of it besides on pokebeach: http://pokebeach.com/2010/05/clearer-game-screenshots-and-artwork-of-black-and-white

it's the 2nd picture next to the screenshot of the guy/girl trainers. from the small back sprite it appears as if this person is of a darker color, idk, we really won't know till more screenshots or the games come out.

Last edited:

JollyRoger25

Dark Type Master
Years
Real World

So, in case you haven't noticed, each region in Pokemon so far relates to a real world place. I was wondering where you think that the Isshu Region relates to?

Dragonika

Isshu Region Champion
Years
Well many people are speculating that the cities are going to be from america because apparantley hiun city looks like new york but i think there basing the cities from china rather than japan like usual :)

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
I'm still standing by my guess of the American west coast. America is the biggest market for the games outside of Japan, and with Nintendo's American headquarters in Seattle, it will have the familiarity aspect to it as well. I just hope Isshu extends far east enough to see an analogue of my hometown. XD

Dragonika

Isshu Region Champion
Years
Fair enough buy i seriously dont think its going to end up in america .

there is scanned photo of the trainer in a cave you dont egsacley get caves in towns or citys in ameria do you ?

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
Fair enough buy i seriously dont think its going to end up in america .

there is scanned photo of the trainer in a cave you dont egsacley get caves in towns or citys in ameria do you ?

yes, you can, in fact, they're more natural in the UK, take Cheddar Gorge for example

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
Fair enough but I seriously don't think it's going to end up in America.

There is a scanned photo of the trainer in a cave. You don't exactly get caves in towns or cities in America do you ?

grammar correct'd for ease of reading. XD

Who says that the cave in the screenshot was within the city? There are plenty of cave systems near the Rocky Mountains...I've been down in at least three of them from my personal travels. XD

...besides...where in the world would you find an undeveloped cave within an urban city?

Years
I'm thinking China, because, really? America? Nah, GameFreak would totally go a bit closer to home. If anywhere else at all, Western Japan maybe?

Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2012
Maybe like the Orange Islands where it was just random stuff. Or maaaaybe they've lost creativity since then :P

Years
Well, a lot of Japanese people live between Seattle and Vancouver. That would be a good place to set it in order to be inclusive to Americans AND Canadians. But "Hiun" sounds an awful lot like China.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
So, in case you haven't noticed, each region in Pokemon so far relates to a real world place. I was wondering where you think that the Isshu Region relates to?
Merged your thread into the general Issue Region thread since that topic has already been discussed in there.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Isshu needs to be mostly based on Australia, otherwise it just won't be appealing to anyone. Since really, we've gone so long without Australia, so assuming that Huin is NY as people say, then each other city can represent a city from another country. Though in this case, 6 of the cities can be based on Australia and we'll all be happy. :D

Spoiler:

I don't get it, whats the point of doing that? Unless you want 150 new DESERT Pokémon, there's no point of going there. D:

Back