• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Isshu Region

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    The Isshu Region

The protagonist in a cave

he's in a cave, no way! I never would have guessed?

anyway, look in the upper left hand corner, ppl
    you'll see a castle. I also like how the place in the center is shaped like a Poke ball, maybe its where the league is, (that would be cool)

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
    Can this be another possiblity of region location?
    This is the northern part of Honshu island in Japan. Turn the picture 180deg and you can see three peninsulas. And the locations of the lakes are similars to the Isshu's lake-like locations.

Corocoro stated that Isshu is far away from all previous regions, the Aomori region you have shown is just beneath Hokkaido (Sinnoh)

Sage Harpuia

Hey, listen
    Years
    According to serebii.net a new wider isshu map has been relased:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    According to serebii.net a new wider isshu map has been relased:

Spoiler:

I'd like to point out number 1 is in the top left hand corner with that kind of parachute looking building as I've seen the original picture

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    The Isshu Region

Are they numbered in order of when you get there?

There is an Airport, which makes me think we will be flying to another region.

Sage Harpuia

Hey, listen
    Years
    I'd like to point out number 1 is in the top left hand corner with that kind of parachute looking building as I've seen the original picture

According to the full scan, Number 1 is the Honey Gym that we saw in Pokemon Sunday.

Wow, intresting, so there is another city over there; where my other guess right or wrong?

D. Lawride

Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!
    Years
    Hm, I'd say we'll have some more freedom in exploring the region, judging from the aspect of places like the desert and the middle peninsula. As in, we won't be as limited by trees and mountains.

...I dunno, just a guess. xD

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2011
    Let me give you the real full scan of the page. Detailing all areas.
    As you can see, Number 1 (parachute area) is the new Gym surprisingly.
    The Isshu Region

Last edited:

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    Wow, intresting, so there is another city over there; where my other guess right or wrong?

The desert city is proly where the second gym leader is. All of the battles they showed in the desert the starter was around 15-22.

Let me give you the real full scan of the page. Detailing all areas.
    The Isshu Region

11 is the starter town! So 10 is around the first gym, you go to Hiun and then you go north for the second gym town in the desert. Neato!

7 looks like it would be where you fight Zekrom or Reshiram. I find it weird that there are two mountain/caves of the same color and shape on opposite sides of each other.

The Carnival is probably the Battle Frontier or Pokethalon.

Since the Honeycomb gym is so far away I doubt it will be an early gym. I really don't see why you would have to travel from one corner of the region to the other for the first gym. Its probably the 7-8th.

7, the possible Legendary pokemon towers, seem to be connected to 8.

I thought we already saw a scan with the trainer running through an old town with a railroad track.
    The Isshu Region

The train track town looks like it would be 6, or around it.

The island left of 11 looks like it has a house on it. We might get to visit those islands.

Last edited:
    Years
    The map of the Isshu region is excellent. Assuming that the region is based on New York City, then the windmills might be a nod the Dutch founding of the city.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2011
    The more I think about, Isshu may be based off of not just New York but the entire US. There are some similarities and would explain why nobody has found a match (besides NYC) for the real world. To me it doesn't look as "natural" as previous regions do, more of like a conglomerate. My 2 cents...

Last edited:
    Years
    In Japanese it gives names of every place. I cant translate sorry
    Not really. Except for the areas whose names we already know like Hiun City they only say things like: "5. Airport?" and "7. Two-tone Color Town" and go on to describe what you can already see from the map.

Back