• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Lati Fanclub!! v2.0

Who do you like more?

• Latias

Votes: 130 59.9%
  • Latios

Votes: 87 40.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I used to have a hacked shiny Latias :3
    I released it though... *sniffle*
    I could have gotten a normal one on my old Sapphire, but that would have taken a while. XD

Hopefully they decide to put Latios in OU soon, it's killing me x|

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    lol, I have an illegit shiny Latias with max EVs and IVs. LOL I wonder why it becomes a bad egg on PBR? XD

looks like Smogon is done with the testing now. All that's left to do is to prepare for the voting! *can'twait*

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    Unfortunately, it's only for Smogon member's who've been partaking in the Suspect Test over the past month and moving up enough ranks to be considered "legitimate" for deciding the tier position of a Pokémon. So unless you're already an active member at Smogon.com, there's nothing you can do except await the results.

Years
    Well, I'm a Forum Member :P
    They had better pass this, or I will be very upset.
    So will Latias. Right?
    Latias "LaLa!" *cracks knuckles*
    It's show time!

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    It looks like people are sending in their votes now. It'll be interesting to see what happens. Really the only things that worry me are if Latios passes, then EVERYONE will be using the Latis, removing their uniqueness; or if the introduction of the Latis actually reduces the variety you see in the metagame, since everyone will put up counters for them.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2010
    Smogon...

Speaking of smogon, I'm kinda new yet to all sorts of poke stuff...but I was looking at the ladder rankings there and they didn't have latias in with the other ubers...like her brother. Whats up with that??? If its because she doesn't have the attack stat that her bro does, couldn't you just give her some vitamins to give her a little boost? I think she should be an uber too : (

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    Well Smogon just went through testing Latias, and the majority voted Latias not to be uber. I simply think that she's not powerful enough for ubers, and she's balanced enough for OU play. I'm still unsure about the outcome of her brother, but I hope he makes it to the OU as well.

Vitamins (and the Effort Values that they modify) have their limits as well. Pumping Latias full of SP.ATK vites is simply not enough to make her stack up against others since she simply does not specialize in offensive power. Defense and support are her strong points, and in a largely offense-based metagame, she deserves to be placed with the OUs.

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    Back then, Latias was THE wall that was used. Along with Latios, were often top 5. Now, they've both dropped somewhere between 10-20.

I still think that if Latios passes, then a few more should get the drop down too (or promotion?)

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    Hehe, because I have been trying a Snorlax here with this moves.

Snorlax w/ leftovers
    Mild nature
    EVs 4HP/252 Def./107 attack.

Earthquake
    Double edge
    Crunch
    Curse

I dunno, but this is only it's available moves. Earthquake from pickup, and curse and double-edge from breeding.

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    It doesn't seem too bad. I don't know about having Double Edge in there, though. Earthquake can do most of the same work. I'd say switch it out for Rest or something.

Physical walls seem to be good companions for Latis. I have a Skarmory that I've been using with my Latias for a while, and the complement each other perfectly. Snorlax would be good as a second choice though. I've been trying to decide on one. Sometime's Skarmory's electric and fire weaknesses are instant death for him, so Snorlax can help in that department, and also do the hard-hitting for Latias.

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    Yes. Yes it is. >:3 Jooiiiiiinnnnnn usssss. Become onnnnne of ussssss!

*erm* Zombie-mode aside, we're not really on a set topic as usual. Smogon is taking forever to tally their votes for Latios's uberness. (uberosity? Whatever the noun form is... XD)

Feel free to propose a topic if there's anything you'd like to talk about!

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    It doesn't seem too bad. I don't know about having Double Edge in there, though. Earthquake can do most of the same work. I'd say switch it out for Rest or something.

Physical walls seem to be good companions for Latis. I have a Skarmory that I've been using with my Latias for a while, and the complement each other perfectly. Snorlax would be good as a second choice though. I've been trying to decide on one. Sometime's Skarmory's electric and fire weaknesses are instant death for him, so Snorlax can help in that department, and also do the hard-hitting for Latias.

EV trained physical defense Snorlax is better. Can do much of the distractions there than Skarmory(low sp. def., one hit Overheat). Skarmory can be a spiker, but Snorlax is better. Double-edge for STAB, Giga can do the trick but I have to recharge the next turn which is a big disadvantage. Rest is risky, unless you have Chesto.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back