• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Lati Fanclub!! v2.0

Who do you like more?

• Latias

Votes: 130 59.9%
  • Latios

Votes: 87 40.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
    Minku. said:
    Oh good, so that means you can go back and catch it. c:
    Yeah, thank god. I still freaked out but...yeah...

I actually don't like legendaries much, save for the Latis, Shaymin (and Skymin), Rayray (aka Rayquaza), and Lugia (all due to Pokemon 2000)

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    too lazy again....

Capturing Legendaries? for me its like easy job. Captured Origin form Giratina was Easy >.> . dont say im a cheater. i know what i do when i try to Capture Legendaries....

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    Run aways are always the problem when there's more then one. I usually reserve the Master Ball for the one I like best. Standstill ones are way too easy!

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
    Yeah, the ones that don't run aren't going anywhere. My cousin ran away from Kyogre though.

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    Lol, too bad once you run, you won't be able to get them again. If you run away from a ranaway, does that mean you can no longer catch them? I have never tried doing that, so I'm not sure.

As for catching the runaways, they either are really scared of you, or just want to play with you. The first time you encounter Latias, it goes something like this:

Me: Alright, its time to train! (Encounters Latias)
    Latias: Hello there! <3
    Me: OMG! It's Latias! I must have you!
    Latias: If you want me so badly, you'll have to catch me! <3 (Flies off as fast as she can)
    Me: No! Come back here! Damn it! Now I'll never see her again!

I actually thought I lost my chance at capturing her, before I check the Pokedex, to find she's around Route 121. The first time you encounter is always the hardest, because you have no idea where they are...

Oddly enough, the only shinies I ever encountered naturally were run aways. I never have managed to get an "uncommon" shiny Tentacool or Zigzagoon or anything common like that...

Lusankya

The cake is a pie!
    Years
    I've never encountered a shiny anything. D=

And if you run away from a runaway, you can still catch it later. I once met up with Latias randomly WITHOUT ANY POKEBALLS, so I had to run.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    I've got 3 shinies in my emerald and 6 in Pearl, but no legendary... : (

I always reserve my Master Ball for legendaries like Entei, Latios etc. I hate to chase them all around the world.

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    I remember my first encounter with a runner. It was in Silver, the Suicune. I had no idea how to handle them (and they didn't have Pokémon abilities back then, like Wobbuffett), so I never really bothered. xP

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    The first runner I caught without a Master Ball was the Latias in Emerald, took two tries to weaken it before I used an Ultra Ball, it was a total fluke really, I wasn't expecting to catch her first try.

The Dogs in Crystal, were a total pain, damn Roar...they just didn't want to be caught. Thankfully, they were eventally caught after much persistance. I'm really going to hate it when Platinum, knowing that there will be five of them. I'm deciding to save the Master Ball for Cresselia, because she was a total pain, took me more then 50 (I lost count after that) attempts just to get her! I don't think the birds are going to be that hard and Mespirit seems to be a lot easier to catch.

Thank god there were no runners in R/B/G/Y, I still had the Master Ball left over, meaning it didn't have a purpose at all for me.

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
    Same, I caught Latias in Emerald with a Master Ball, didn't bother to weaken her, and I nearly died of surprise when I found her.
    But I still can't catch Mesprit! Its down to like, around 5-10 health and I don't want to risk fainting it.

I saw a shiny Zubat once, but no pokeballs X__X

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    I've never missed a shiny. I've just been lucky I suppose. That and I stay stocked up on ultra balls no matter what.

And Latias...I think I had to use an ultra ball on her, as well. She was definitely a pain. Can't for the life of me remember who I used the master ball on.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Same, I caught Latias in Emerald with a Master Ball, didn't bother to weaken her, and I nearly died of surprise when I found her.
    But I still can't catch Mesprit! Its down to like, around 5-10 health and I don't want to risk fainting it.

I saw a shiny Zubat once, but no pokeballs X__X

I got my hands on an action replay to borrow. My brother got one zillion masterballs, catching Mespirit was simple~.

HEY KAI, GUESS WHAT I NAMED AZELF.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    Action Replay ? I use it in order to EV Train the Pokemon Faster :P. but i dont always get the best Result ...

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Hey kids, I need some help:

I've just started playing Emerald today. Now, I've got at the moment in my CATCH-LATIOS-TEAM Golbat and Wobuffet. Golbat has Mean Look, Quick Claw and that's about it. Wobuffet just has Shadow Tag. I do have a Spinda with hypnosis i can shove the quick claw on and sleep it, then go find it again.
    I can't remember, I haven't played in so long, but is there one of those "LEARN-MOVES-AGAIN" guys? And please don't tell me I have to pay him a zillion dollars to get then back. I'm low on money buying balls...

Quick check of Serebii, it doesn't learn anything useful like Paralyse stuff or Hypnosis. Carp.

What's a good pokemon to use then?

Crimson Arcanine

The majestic and mythical
    Years
    Mean Look shouldn't fade when you pokemon switches out to another.

A Smeargle with these moves: Spore, Mean Look, False Swipe, Foresight should allow you to capture most pokemon when at a high enough level. You can replace Foresight (Foresight is for if you want to catch ghost types) with a similar move or Spider Web or even any attack, its filler the last slot. Should deal with anything that doesn't Roar or Whirlwind.

As Smeargle can Sketch the moves, it should be possible to do this although you will best need a double battle to Sketch moves from Pokemon you have.

Spore would be the most difficult to get, but can be replaced with Hypnosis if you can't get Spore, or even Sleep Powder. Mean Look isn't a hard one. As for False Swipe, another difficult one to Sketch but there are pokemon that can learn it naturally. The reporter and cameraman that move aroubd Hoenn recording your victories against them are the easiest source of a double battle where you can attempt to Sketch moves from the pokemon you have.

The basic tactic is simple Mean Look/Spider Web then put you opponent to sleep and False Swipe until HP doesn't seem to drop any further as False Swipe will never KO the opposing pokemon.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    In Fallabor Town. A House Beside The Fallabor Battle Tent . needs one Heart Scale in Order to Return the Old Moves that the Pokemon Learned it thrugh Leveling Up only. which means if u taught Combusken Rock Tomb through TM then u Deleted it. u cannot Return it...

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    While it means getting yourself some Luvdisks (The only ones that have it, damn excuse to capture a lot of useless fish...), it will mean that you'll get a chance to teach a move that it can learn by leveling up.

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
    Wait, I thought the move tutor only taught previously unknown moves which can only be learned through tutoring? Ah well, I'm probably wrong, since I've never been to the move tutor's.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    D: It's health is already down to 1HP, so i have no need for false swipe. I just need Hypnosis and/or Paralyse stuff.

Mean Look does stop when you switch out. I've tried.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back