• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Leave/Absence Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Would a hug from Hiidoran convince you to stay, Mobile Tsk?

In all seriousness, I'm sorry to hear that you are having such conflicts. Since this is a member of higher staff that you are referring to, I would suggest going to even higher staff, if it's a Super Moderator or Assistant Admin, with your concerns, or possibly trying to talk with this staff member and hammer out what they believe you did wrong and why you believe it should not have been punished.

Personally, I haven't really ever been in this situation so I can't offer solid advice. However, I do believe a break from the community can do almost everyone some good. Perhaps you shouldn't leave for such an extended period as you stated above, but a few weeks to take a breather and refresh yourself sounds like a resonable solution.

All-in-all, I really hope you don't leave completely. You've been around the community for quite some time now and it would just be aweful to see you go.

Well, that was my attempt of convincing you to stay. Hope it made at least a scratch on your thoughts.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2010
    Hey guys, I'm leaving PC. I'll return in December. I'm tired of inconsistencies in the infraction system and sever errors in logical thinking from a certain member of the higher staff. I'm only returning in December because I have some commitments I have made to some of the moderators, and I plan on fulfilling them. If I see that by then the problem has been resolved, I'll stay. Otherwise, I'm just going to leave again until undeserved infraction points expire. (February)

I'll be on for the rest of the night, so if I'm convinced that it's worth sticking around for, I'll stay. I just want to take a break for a while to stay out of trouble and to keep from doing something I'll regret another day.
    Well saying all of this just may give you another point but.....anyways. I don't thik you should go just because some mod isn't being fair *or you're not being reasonable*, either way, leaving over one person isn't leaving, it's surrenderence. Report the infractions if they are unfair. Find out where to place them, and only hope for the best.

Either way, I hope you don't leave, but if you do. Have a nice leave.

Sincerely,
    Dusty <3 (My real name)

EDIT: Dang, Hidoran beat meh to it.
    xD

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    Would a hug from Hiidoran convince you to stay, Mobile Tsk?

In all seriousness, I'm sorry to hear that you are having such conflicts. Since this is a member of higher staff that you are referring to, I would suggest going to even higher staff, if it's a Super Moderator or Assistant Admin, with your concerns, or possibly trying to talk with this staff member and hammer out what they believe you did wrong and why you believe it should not have been punished.

Personally, I haven't really ever been in this situation so I can't offer solid advice. However, I do believe a break from the community can do almost everyone some good. Perhaps you shouldn't leave for such an extended period as you stated above, but a few weeks to take a breather and refresh yourself sounds like a resonable solution.
    Oh, I may have overreacted with the whole December thing... but I'm pretty certain I need a sufficient break from PC... AT LEAST ten days.

Anyway, thanks for trying to console me. Eh... I'll think about it.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Oh, I may have overreacted with the whole December thing... but I'm pretty certain I need a sufficient break from PC... AT LEAST ten days.

Toodles there, Mobile. See you in December, HO HO HO HO
    The Leave/Absence Thread

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2010

Well....please do't leave!
    You'll make this lil card boy cry!
    T^T

Zet

Years
    Hey guys, I'm leaving PC. I'll return in December. I'm tired of inconsistencies in the infraction system and sever errors in logical thinking from a certain member of the higher staff. I'm only returning in December because I have some commitments I have made to some of the moderators, and I plan on fulfilling them. If I see that by then the problem has been resolved, I'll stay. Otherwise, I'm just going to leave again until undeserved infraction points expire. (February)

I'll be on for the rest of the night, so if I'm convinced that it's worth sticking around for, I'll stay. I just want to take a break for a while to stay out of trouble and to keep from doing something I'll regret another day.

You can'ts leave the Zet behinds can you? ;o; that would be pure evil, you just need to stand up and prove to a godly higher staff that the mod that gave you the infractions might be doing it out of not liking you or something. but all and all I really hope you can stay and let it not bother you, it would be a sad loss to see you go

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    A girl as rebellious & tough as yourself... sorry to say it, but I think you're overreacting a bit. You're taking that penalty too far, but eh, live 'n learn, I guess. Breaks are nice though, and if you need one, take it, it'll help. Have a good one. o/

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    you just need to stand up and prove to a godly higher staff that the mod that gave you the infractions might be doing it out of not liking you or something.

None of my business really, but what? I highly doubt a higher staff member would jeoprodize their entire position and wrongly infract a user due to a personal qualm. If Mobile was infracted, then, more than likely, she deserved it. Of course, what would I know, eh?

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    Oh, whatever guys... I'm tired of getting flamed on the Shoddy Server for "leaving", so I'll just stay.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    That's the spirit, Mobile Tsk! Stay because we shall flame you if you don't!

Seriously though, you should work this out. If you truly do believe something is wrong between you and a staff member, talk to them. I'm sure you guys can have a civilized and respectful discussion over the matter, right?
    I mean, it's just going to be awkward for you to stay on a forum where you don't feel comfortable. Just some advice, however, you are free to treat it as "water under the bridge" as well.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    I'm leaving PC for good this time. I'll be honest, this is the best online forums ever... I may come back on day but I'm not sure... Goodbye anyway.... I'm sorry for this...

Sexycheese

Bye :)
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    I'm leaving PC for good this time. I'll be honest, this is the best online forums ever... I may come back on day but I'm not sure... Goodbye anyway.... I'm sorry for this...
    ~E_M_Y~!!! How come your leaving!!!! We will all miss you!!!! :(
    Who am I going to irritate now?!?!?!?!?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    ahh... I can't believe what you did there ~E_M_Y~. You're gonna regret it one day...

Sexycheese

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    Dear Users of the PokeCommunity Forums,

The time I have been here has been a good one, for the most part. As I got more and more frustrated with people taking the easy way out of game development, I snapped and started to unintentionally flame RMXP users. As I started to share my opinions with others in a non-flaming way, the other users of the game development forum started to flame me. So after taking all of this crap from CoB (I think his name is), I finally say one bad thing, and I get an infraction worth 3 points. Well, actually, the whole time I have been here has been frustration. Now I think I'm going to go kill myself.

If you have any heart at all, and you think your quick enough, you can IM me on AIM @ Nighton96. IMing makes me so happy :3

Sincerely,
    Nighton.

Your going to kill yourself?!?!?!?! WTF is with all the suiciside attempts today?!?!?!?!??

Dont kill yourself please!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Dear Users of the PokeCommunity Forums,

The time I have been here has been a good one, for the most part. As I got more and more frustrated with people taking the easy way out of game development, I snapped and started to unintentionally flame RMXP users. As I started to share my opinions with others in a non-flaming way, the other users of the game development forum started to flame me. So after taking all of this crap from CoB (I think his name is), I finally say one bad thing, and I get an infraction worth 3 points. Well, actually, the whole time I have been here has been frustration. Now I think I'm going to go kill myself.

If you have any heart at all, and you think your quick enough, you can IM me on AIM @ Nighton96. IMing makes me so happy :3

Sincerely,
    Nighton.

Honestly, must you have the theory that you're going to "kill yourself" in a leaving thread? That's only going to start more drama than that's already caused. And I'm afraid since no one else is going to tell you, I feel the need to tell you that you need to grow up, my friend. A warning is a warning. An infraction is an infraction. Many people have received both in the past and it's going to continue. I mean, I may not be staff, but I know that much. Accept it and move on like the hundreds of others who have received one of those in the past. If you flame other users, you shouldn't be so sensitive when you receive the same treatment. I believe you flammed "iTards" in a post in the Other Chat and I've already showed you my views on that.

But regardless, you shouldn't leave a community just because some people don't like you or because you think you're being treated unfairly. You claim in the beginning that you liked it here and you shouldn't let someone ruin your experience here. That's really all I have to say on the matter of you leaving. But mentioning you're going to "kill yourself".. yeah, a bit much and very uncalled for. Especially if you're joking about it like you were with the "iTards" comment in a post. You just gotta suck it up and/or grow up. It's best to learn that at 11 than 16.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sexycheese

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    Ok everyone I wont be on for about a week after tomorrow, Its half term soooo...bye!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back