• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Legend of Korra Discussion Thread

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
    Korranation Tumblr "aka Official The Legend of Korra Tumblr Blog" said:
    We're so excited to announce two amazing pieces of news.

Firstly, we have a premiere date! And it's sooner than you think! The premiere of Korra will be on Nickelodeon in exactly 1 month: Saturday, April 14th at 11am. Get ready for some action-packed bending and the start of an epic new saga.

Secondly, if you haven't already heard, we are proud to announce the new official title of the show is simply The Legend of Korra. Check out the awesome new logo below.

A big thanks to all of the fans for your continued support. We have another exciting announcement coming really soon - so stay tuned and join the conversation using #korranation.

-Team Korra

Im so Excited about this! I was waiting for a bit after I saw Avatar: The Last Airbender when I heard about this Im glad they changed their named to just "The Legend of Korra". Tell me, or the thread what you think of this :)

4/14/2012

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    One reply to this perfect thread?

I don't like this forum anymore. I don't think these people understand how wonderful this is.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    OMG I want to see this show so much :) but 11 AM, seems like an odd time especially on a Saturday. How am I going to remember to watch it? Anyway its good this show finally got an airdate.

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    Watched the pilot. It. Was. Aweeeesome! I <3 you Daddy Tenzin Can't wait to get to know the Mako and Bolin.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years

THE FIRST FREAKING PILOT EPISODE IS AMAZING
    i was supposed to go to bed hours ago o_o;; i watched it 3 times already!
    adsfdf

Spoiler:

Looking forward to April. :)

User19sq

The pilot wasn't "amazing" to me, but it certainly lived up to my expectations. It's just as promising as its preceedor was. 'm looking forward to April.

And for those of you who aren't sure if you should watch this series too, I definately recommend it. It lives up to all Avatar fans' expectations unlike M. Night's movie.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
    I'm so hyped up for this, I'm going to pull out all my Avatar DVD's (I have the complete series on DVD, really big fan) and watch the series all the way through again (even the episodes I didn't like)

ソラ

Years
    The pilot wasn't "amazing" to me, but it certainly lived up to my expectations. It's just as promising as its preceedor was. 'm looking forward to April.

And for those of you who aren't sure if you should watch this series too, I definately recommend it. It lives up to all Avatar fans' expectations unlike M. Night's movie.
    I thought it was amazing. I love some of the cameos too like the statues of
    Spoiler:
    . I recently watched all of Avatar: The Last Airbender this year, I couldnt wait till Korra to be release Im so happy it got leaked early so we can hope to expect a decent Sequal/spinoff. But im more hyped on seeing if Korra goes into a spirit state to talk with Aang that would be such a good cameo.

THE FIRST FREAKING PILOT EPISODE IS AMAZING
    i was supposed to go to bed hours ago o_o;; i watched it 3 times already!
    adsfdf

Spoiler:
    ^ agree with everything you said :)

Looking forward to April. :)

Last edited:

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    I saw the pilot and I am rather amazed at how quickly the world can repopulate without the Fire Nation burning everyone. Definitely into the Korra thing but I'm not too fond of Republic City, can't wait to see Korra go avatar mode and destroy it. We all know it's going to happen.

ソラ

Years
    The first 2 episode is combined at Korranation's website, its the actual premier of it online, its not leaked, its the real deal. God I cant wait till April

Spoiler for Episode 2 basically.
    Spoiler:

I have to say this is a great sequel so far, from the trailer it'll get better. I cant wait till April now. SO HYPPPPPPPED!

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Rooooaaarr episode 2 was just as amazing as episode 1! I loved it when everything suddenly clicked for her in the probending match. That was certainly the highlight of the episode for me. And am I the only one sensing some Mako x Korra vibes? Eh? Ehhhh?

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Omgggg I just started watching this today together with my friend and we LOVEDD it, both episodes!
    Spoiler:

Years
    I could not find it on any of the Nickelodeon channels today. Guess the release date is further away for the UK.

I'll just stream the episodes then but I wanted to watch on the big screen TV V_V

Cid

Years
    I wish this thread had more activity.

Has anyone watched the most recent episode yet? Lots of action there, and some of the main cast show off incredible stunts. I generally love the series so far. There are many things I'm looking forward to, in fact. I only hate a few of the characters and some situations presented but it's all good.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I like that this series seems to be getting its shipping wars out of the way early on. I never watched the original series as it was airing, but a lot of my Livejournal friends did when I was active there and I seriously thought the show was more about romance than everything else considering how vocal people were about the relationships. :P I do hope that everything that happened in the latest episode doesn't make things awkward at all going on from here. :( I kind of just like the friendship that the brothers were developing with Korra and I don't want to see that marred no matter what happens.

I like this series a lot so far though. It doesn't quiiite have the charm that I really liked when I watched Avatar earlier this year (I actually only finished it like two weeks ago) but I love Bolin and he makes up for anything that misses the mark with me. *u* He's such a cutie.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Pabu is the real cutie, Erica! Now shoo! Anyway, I really like this series. Getting up on Saturday to watch it is SO nostalgic and reminiscent of getting up to watch Avatar with my sister when I was younger and then talk about it all day. Now we spam Facebook with it, lol. It doesn't have the same charm that Avatar had, but maybe that's because I'm older now. The humor is still all there and I love it. The writing is great, in both Avatar and Korra. I'm a big fan of the 1920's industrialization in Republic City, but you can still see old clashing with new and where technology hasn't yet reached some places (Water Tribe seemed like it was in Avatar, honestly).

As for the shipping, I think the romances are a bit forced and introduced too soon. But, in comparison to Avatar, I think the situation then was more dire, so romance could afford to be put off a bit longer than it is in Korra. That's not to say the situation isn't dire in Korra, though. I'm actually more afraid of the Equalists, Chi Blockers, and Amon than I was afraid of the Fire Nation. So, it's kind of a balance for me. The situation was dire and needed more immediate reaction in Avatar imo, but the situation in Korra is much scarier to me. It keeps me on edge.

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
    Years
    I didn't like the pacing of the newest episode, it simultaneously built and sunk my ship over the span of 25 minutes. XD I was like "OHMYGOD MAKKORRA, ohmygod makkorra.. ......ohmygod.. makorra.. ;o;" through out the episode. I love this series, regardless, and both of my favorite episodes so far have been the pro-bending ones. I love watching the matches, and the animation for the bending moves, and etc.

In a way, I'm okay with most of the romance getting out of the way for now, because when you think about it teenage romance goes all over the place, and kids hop around from one crush to another. So in that respect, it doesn't seem too rushed, I suppose. If anything, I'm thinking that from now on, whatever pairings are gonna happen will be able to happen over time, since all of the more aggravated feelings between the characters have been dealt with.

I'd like to see the plot actually pick up now, to be honest. XD I'm excited to watch Korra learn more bending skills, and see how the thing with Amon will wrap up.

Back