• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Legend of Korra Discussion Thread

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    As for the shipping, I think the romances are a bit forced and introduced too soon. But, in comparison to Avatar, I think the situation then was more dire, so romance could afford to be put off a bit longer than it is in Korra. That's not to say the situation isn't dire in Korra, though. I'm actually more afraid of the Equalists, Chi Blockers, and Amon than I was afraid of the Fire Nation. So, it's kind of a balance for me. The situation was dire and needed more immediate reaction in Avatar imo, but the situation in Korra is much scarier to me. It keeps me on edge.
    The characters in Avatar were a lot younger than they are in Korra, at least it seems that way. I actually have no idea how old they are but the main characters now seem to be 16-18 whereas Aang was only 12 and Katara was 14 in Avatar? Seems more appropriate for hormones to be running high as teenagers than children. :P Also, in Korra, they aren't travelling together or anything so they aren't spending every waking moment together. The group in Avatar always seemed more like a family than peers so ships weirded me out unless they were with an outside person. But Korra isn't spending all her time with either of the guys in this and I'm also under the impression that she hasn't had aaaall that many friends her age (much less male friends) throughout her life, so I can easily see her mistaking friends for crushes and whatever. I dunno. I'm so okay with all of it in this. XD;

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Yeah, I know how teenage romance is. Been there, done that. I guess I'm just tired of shippy stuff and I'm ready for the show to progress with the plot. :( I'm not into ships that much, so it's just BLAH to me. i'm so unromantic eeek </3

Years
    I agree with the "let's get the romance out of the way" ideology. It always interested me more in the original series when they were learning bending or helping someone, while still keeping it relative and important. As much as I like LoK with all the non-filler episodes... I still want some filler. I will agree that Amon is scarier than Ozai ever was. And I have an awesome theory as to who he is.

Spoiler:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Best episode yet! Although I knew what would likely happen in this episode, I was blown away.

Spoiler:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    lol conceal spoilers and such

Spoiler:

Cherrim

Years
    Spoiler:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Cherrim

Years
    Spoiler:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Spoiler:

Cherrim

Years
    Spoiler:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    I'm yet to see this on nickolodeon. :l
    I'm looking forward to it muchly (trying to avoid all spoilers)

I hope this isn't just an american thing, that would suck.

Years
    I just recently got into the series, seeing as how I adored The Last Airbrnder so much I thought I'd give it a go. So far I am pleased with what they've done with it thus far. The comedic relief still exists in The form of Bolin, which is fantastic. The artwork and animation is amazing. Needless to say the storyline, as I've already stated. Hopefully it continues on the path that it is on now and furthers itself!

I'm yet to see this on nickolodeon. :l
    I'm looking forward to it muchly (trying to avoid all spoilers)

I hope this isn't just an american thing, that would suck.
    You can catch up on episodes here.

Years
    I love Korra so far. Really well done storyline and graphics wise. It's a huge success so far. I still love the original series more though, but Korra is still great!

-Grayscale-

яιѕєη ƒяσм тнє ๔єα๔...
    Years
    I've watched a lot of the episodes and they seem pretty nice. I like the new bad guys, and how the plot is developing. Personally though I miss the old group of kids, which sounds a little odd but yeah. Die hard Aang fan here~ <3

The best new thing has to be the animations. That artist really grew since the last airbender.

What I really want now is to see Korra in the avatar state.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Lots of good stuff in this episode. You cannot do this to us!

Spoiler:

Years
    Todays episode was awesome!

Spoiler:

-Grayscale-

яιѕєη ƒяσм тнє ๔єα๔...
    Years
    Great episode ;o;
    Spoiler:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years