• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Legendary Falchion - Fire Emblem Fan Club

Calamitastrophe

He's really feeling it
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
I'm still fine with the fact that a 3DS game was able to compete with a PS3 game, though.

Warship

異議あり!
Years
My most recent file is a Lunatic Classic, though I'm not too far into the story. First of all, Panne is such a beast when she rides a dragon. Her natural speed with the strength boost from the wyvern rider class makes her amazing.

My Sumia is a Darkflier. It's not workin' out. XD

As always, Chrom's speed boost from his pair up bonuses make Freddy a beast for those early chapters, but mostly I want to save Chrom for Olivia. If you have the patience, then dance-grinding Olivia to the max level will make Lucina a god when you get her (assuming you're going to wed Olivia to Chrom).

Tharja's not really working too well for me, but she's not too bad when I pair her with Gaius. I'd rather use Libra as my Dark Mage, though.

And never ever underestimate the power of the tonics.
haha i never thought of reclassing panne :D do you think i should wait for beastbane or just reclass asap?

i hope to marry chrom with olivia actually but im not sure how to do it :P i guess the best way to do it is just wedding all other candidates to someone else

tharja isnt good? o_O my whole life is a lie! seriously though every time i used her as a sorcerer she turned out exceptionally well and i dont want to use libra because he is a pre-promoted also i cant think him as a dark mage or sorcerer :P Libra: Repent sinner. Vengeance activated wait what?
Bad news, FEA didn't win Best RPG at VGX. Instead, it was Ni No Kuni.
oh bummer :/ At least it was a nominee. im not surprised though. i was expecting a ps3 game to win.

Calamitastrophe

He's really feeling it
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
haha i never thought of reclassing panne :D do you think i should wait for beastbane or just reclass asap?

i hope to marry chrom with olivia actually but im not sure how to do it :P i guess the best way to do it is just wedding all other candidates to someone else

tharja isnt good? o_O my whole life is a lie! seriously though every time i used her as a sorcerer she turned out exceptionally well and i dont want to use libra because he is a pre-promoted also i cant think him as a dark mage or sorcerer :P Libra: Repent sinner. Vengeance activated wait what?

You should do it ASAP. I'm pretty sure Beastbane only works if you're a Taguel. Regardless, her ax level will be an E when you reclass, so we don't want to be tackling later chapters with a Bronze Ax. XD The sooner the better, I say.

And it's not that Tharja isn't good. She just has low speed and skill. In Lunatic, this means she struggles to 2-hit Knights with her speed, and struggles to hit anything at all with her skill. This is why I paired her with Gaius. I was hoping to cover these weaknesses with his support and the use of tonics. I'm still somewhat early in the game (I think the last chapter I did was the one you recruit Henry), and she worked decently with that setup. I'm really hoping she'll turn out better later on because I want to use Nosferatus and because I really like Tharja. Like I said, though, I might just use Libra as a Dark Mage. He just has "the look" to me when I look at his eyes. XD

Warship

異議あり!
Years
You should do it ASAP. I'm pretty sure Beastbane only works if you're a Taguel. Regardless, her ax level will be an E when you reclass, so we don't want to be tackling later chapters with a Bronze Ax. XD The sooner the better, I say.

And it's not that Tharja isn't good. She just has low speed and skill. In Lunatic, this means she struggles to 2-hit Knights with her speed, and struggles to hit anything at all with her skill. This is why I paired her with Gaius. I was hoping to cover these weaknesses with his support and the use of tonics. I'm still somewhat early in the game (I think the last chapter I did was the one you recruit Henry), and she worked decently with that setup. I'm really hoping she'll turn out better later on because I want to use Nosferatus and because I really like Tharja. Like I said, though, I might just use Libra as a Dark Mage. He just has "the look" to me when I look at his eyes. XD

ah yeah i forgot beastbane only worked as a taguel :P i'd probably just give her an arms scroll or level up in skirmishes so weapon level isnt much of a problem really.

yeah i noticed that tharja's hit were a bit inaccurate at first but she begins to hit well later on even with kellam as her support so she will probably work out in the end and tharja ftw! XD yeah libra's eyes are scary o_o with a different hair color and clothes he might be mistaken for a grimaist.

Calamitastrophe

He's really feeling it
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention...

The way I basically handled the final boss was to have Chrom and Lucina with their supports (Chrom+support and Lucina+support) rush the final boss and take him on by themselves (with various Rallies, of course). This can be accomplished in about 2 turns because they're Paladins. It's insanely luck-based (because your success depends on whether or not Chrom and Lucina survive the turn and land hits on Grima on their respective attacks and on the enemy's turn). Plus, it also assumes you have 4 units who are godlike (Chrom, Lucina, and their supports).But, hey, it takes about 2 turns to execute so it's not like I lost a lot of time from resetting. You also need a reliable unit to clear a path for the lords by killing one of the Risen guarding Grima.

Anyway, I just wanted to mention one way of handling the final chapter on Lunatic. I don't know if that's how people normally do it, but that's what worked for me.

Warship

異議あり!
Years
i finally beat the game in hard-classic and will be starting lunatic after i build some other supports ^^ btw its been ages since there was a topic:
What difficulty do you usually play Fire Emblem on?[obviously not counting games where there is no difficulty setting)

Years
I've had my first playthrough on Normal/Casual, and then I accidentally deleted the save file after getting to Chapter 19 after 40 hours of gameplay. I decided to give Hard/Classic a chance after days of torment over losing 40 hours, as I learned most of the game mechanics by then, and surprisingly I didn't have much problem with it. I don't know if I'll go for a run of Lunatic/Classic any time soon.

Nakala Pri

For my first eight files, I went on Casual, 'cos I knew I would never stick through my file. Then around my thirteenth file, I thought; 'It's too darn easy! Time to kick it up a notch!' What a mistake that was. The only difference was that enemies had Arcthunder and Silver Swords while I had Bronze Swords and Fire. :C It was horrible. But I kinda finished my file. (didn't stick through it, just got up to the end before deleting my file because my hair colour was wrong and Henry was being weak) xD

It was horribuu. :P

Calamitastrophe

He's really feeling it
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
I used to play normal mode every time, since that's what they intended us to play, y'know? Nowadays I just play the hardest mode available (Whoa, watch out guys, we got a badass over here). XD

Though, Lunatic+/classic is a nightmare, I wouldn't wish that fate on anyone. XD

Warship

異議あり!
Years
For my first eight files, I went on Casual, 'cos I knew I would never stick through my file. Then around my thirteenth file, I thought; 'It's too darn easy! Time to kick it up a notch!' What a mistake that was. The only difference was that enemies had Arcthunder and Silver Swords while I had Bronze Swords and Fire. :C It was horrible. But I kinda finished my file. (didn't stick through it, just got up to the end before deleting my file because my hair colour was wrong and Henry was being weak) xD

It was horribuu. :P
i dont remember hard mode being that hard.o_O did you accidentally clicked lunatic or something?
I used to play normal mode every time, since that's what they intended us to play, y'know? Nowadays I just play the hardest mode available (Whoa, watch out guys, we got a badass over here). XD

Though, Lunatic+/classic is a nightmare, I wouldn't wish that fate on anyone. XD

yeah everybody says lunatic+ is a nightmare i guess thats for real lunatics XD

Nakala Pri

Either way, I almost beat the game being a full on Wvyern Rider with a Dark Knight as a hubby. ^^

Good times.... *sighs*

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
Years
Better late than never!

Username: Diablerie
Favorite Game: Sacred Stones
Favorite Character: Joshua

Doing my first playthrough of Hard/Classic on Awakening at the moment, it really is a big step-up from Normal/Classic. If I didn't have the DLC chapters for grinding, I get the feeling I would have to go through A LOT of Reeking Boxes to keep up.

Warship

異議あり!
Years
Better late than never!

Username: Diablerie
Favorite Game: Sacred Stones
Favorite Character: Joshua

Doing my first playthrough of Hard/Classic on Awakening at the moment, it really is a big step-up from Normal/Classic. If I didn't have the DLC chapters for grinding, I get the feeling I would have to go through A LOT of Reeking Boxes to keep up.
welcome to the club Diablerie! ^^ its good that you have dlc chapters because reeking boxes cost 4800 in hard mode and above so they aren't really practical. you could also use bonus box opponents to train. Nanna from Thracia 776 is a great way to grind at start since not only its a fairly easy battle its boss is also a troubadour making her unable to attack thus letting even your weakest units to kill her without any problem (like donnel when he first joins)

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Now that FEA has its own Miiverse page, is anyone planning to share their own posts, as well as Miiverse posts we like?

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
Years
Thanks warship! I was using Serra from FE7 for training at first, also a healer, but then I discovered the EXPonential Growth DLC and it's just ridiculously faster than everything else. :3 I've just finished chapter 18 and wrapped up all the child chapters, but I still have to do the endgame chapters and all of the DLC aside from Exponential Growth and Champions of Yore, so I still have a way to go.

I've never really been a big Donnel fan actually, I'm sure he's perfectly capable but I've never liked his character too much. From what I've heard, the child units are better than most of the first generation units anyway, so I've swapped out a lot of my army for the kids now, using MU, Chrom, Lissa, Lon'qu, Cordelia, Sully, Stahl, Morgan, Kjelle, Inigo, Severa, Noire and Cynthia, a team that seems to be serving me well, so far at least.

Calamitastrophe

He's really feeling it
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
EXPonential Growth is excellent for getting really weak units started. When they're able (like one or two class resets/changes), I move on to having a unit solo (with Chrom support, since he must come) Micaiah's DLC chapter. You should get get about 2 levels per run that way. And after that, I have them solo Seliph's chapter, which gives a ton of levels per run.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
I think EXP Growth is more a "pay to win" DLC than a means to max out your units, especially because the Lv30 Risen have Counter which means sword users are doomed against them, so you need a healer. For grinding to 20/20 though, it's the fastest way, and you'll only need to be at 20/20 to beat the game anyway (not sure on Lunatic).

Micaiah's DLC is Champions of Yore 3, and Seliph's DLC is Lost Bloodlines 3. LB3 gives Paragon as a reward which teaches a skill that doubles exp gain when equipped. You can gain about 8 levels in LB3, however I recommend doing it after you have Elixir access because some enemies are pretty powerful here. Grind Avatar first because he's the strongest unit so whenever you need an extra Paragon you can have him solo LB3.

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
Years
Ah, ok haven't really tried out a lot of those later DLCs yet, I should definitely go do that. They're all level 20 opponents with skills and forged weapons though, waaay stronger than the opponents in chapter 18, which is where I'm up to in the story. Really want Dread Fighter, Bridge, Limit Breaker and Paragon though, so I guess I should get them done ASAP.

Well I'm definitely not going the 20/20 route, I'm aiming to beat the challenge pack DLCs and Apotheosis (the regular one, at least) - I've already Second Sealed most of my army at least once each, some twice. When I started this playthrough and started pairing up my units, I just went by personality rather than min-maxing skills. By doing this, have I screwed myself out of being able to do the Apotheosis secret battles, or could I still salvage my team?

Back