• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The Level Problem

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Even with the rise of levels the game can still keep up with a challenge as long as Gyms and after storyline places increase as well, for instance Red. He won't be easy if raised to somewhere in the 90s.

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2009
    I didn't think it was a problem. The reason they did that was, because there was two regions and they had to keep it tough the whole way through.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    The two region play was probably the main reason why, you're right. Though now, as things have evolved through the years, I think it would be proper to raise the difficulty level up a notch. Plus, I wouldn't mind finally seeing another trainer, preferably Red, with a Pokémon that is level 100.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    I agree that they were low, and a bit annoying, I must add.
    Maybe, they will have fixed it.. but it seems if they include Kanto in this game, maybe not.
    A lot of maybes. xD

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    If it stays the same, then they'll definitely need to bring in rematches with the gyms and elites, because then it'll be pretty depressing beating the game too easily again.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    The maximum Pokémon that is mine I've seen was an Arceus, lvl 80. They need to be higher. Someone with a lvl 100 Pokémon would be bliss.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I doubt they're going to have anyone with a level 100 Pokémon, to me it just like somethinng that they wouldn't do. Yeah, Red maybe in his 90's but I doubt they will go beyond that. I'd like to see this happen though.

Clover Cat

Child of Gold and Crystal
    Years
    Well, if the Pokegear has the same capabilities (as in, being able to call and talk to people) then rematches wouldn't be impossible. The only thing I'd request out of that would be to up the probablity of being called a bit more. That and increase the levels of people's pokemon if you have rematches.

And yes, increase the IQ of the various leaders and trainers, please. I found it extremely difficult to beat the Blackthorn gym, but only because I was below her lowest level pokemon by about 10 levels before EXP points started counting for about 1/25 overall.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Who wouldn't like to see this happen? It'll be a first that is for sure if done so. I'd think 90s is highly possible though for at least Red because of how Barry got to be level 85 back in Platinum.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I really hope they increase the levels for about... everything. Especially with the Wild Pokemon. This reminds me of my Crystal version, in which I was underleveled when I got to Clair, because the Pokemon I was battling were so underleveled they didn't give me EXP, and I tend to not train, and just go rampaging through the game. XD;

But, oh Arceus, I really hope they do rematched, and definitely increase Red's team. It'll give me an actual reason to level my Pokemon up to Level 100, since I don't compete with other people. 8D

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Yeah, I literally had to go through the game with only one Pokémon back in Crystal. I just couldn't build a good team of 6 without having to spend hours of training each one to stand a chance against the Gyms in Johto. So, I had to go with only my starter and tear through the game. I hope that won't be the case this time though.

Britney's Circus

Livin' In Sin Is The New Thing
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2009
    VS Seekers will be in HG & SS so i guess it would be ok and remember how the Normal Type gyms Pokemon wasn't very high level but yet they could still beat you, Nintendo would sort it out. :)

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    VS Seekers will be in HG & SS so i guess it would be ok and remember how the Normal Type gyms Pokemon wasn't very high level but yet they could still beat you, Nintendo would sort it out. :)

Vs. Seeker is only good for those found on routes, not really gyms ands elites. Anyway, yeah I wasn't really ever beaten by a gym in Johto or Kanto back in Crystal and I had only my starter. So, hopefully Nintendo will figure something out for those pretty anxious about this.

Ayselipera

trainers/gym leaders pokemon. As much
    as I hate an annoying gym battle I do like
    a little challenge.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    The vs. seeker and levels may have some connection, but the phone feature on the PokéGear [if continued] might relpace the idea of it and still have effect on raising the levels of the Pokémon from trainers, gyms, etc.

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    I noticed, also when you were training for the Pokemon League you would be versing Lvl 30-36 Pokemon. I want them to fix it up.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    Nothing about the VS Seeker has been confirmed yet.
    I know that this isn't confirmed yet as well, but maybe the Vs. Seeker could be intergrated with the phone system? Like, you can call up the trainers of nearby areas for a rematch, but you must take a certain amount of steps, or maybe you can use a certain amount of 'minutes', like real-life, to call for rematches. However, after the player wastes all his/her 'minutes', they can't call trainers anymore until the next day arrives.

The vs. seeker and levels may have some connection, but the phone feature on the PokéGear [if continued] might relpace the idea of it and still have effect on raising the levels of the Pokémon from trainers, gyms, etc.
    It depends if the creators would want to have this function in the Pokégear or not.

I noticed, also when you were training for the Pokemon League you would be versing Lvl 30-36 Pokemon. I want them to fix it up.
    Don't we all, mate? :)

kabigon

My body is always ready.
    Years
    I want hg/ss to have some kind of secret hard mode

I want there to be a way to make all ai controlled opponents to have pokes with perfect evs and ivs and awesome movesets with really smart ai in hg/ss. And it can be some kind of secret mode you can unlock. Or, if not that, then whenever you rematch a gymleader or e4 they become next to impossible to beat. It's about time pokemon games had a real challenge. I want my remakes to kick my butt unless I really train my pokemon well. Ah, that would be fun...

Back