• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The little things that you hope come back.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
  • I feel that the Seviper x Zangoose Horde Battles were a huge nod to these remakes so I would hope they stick around so we can have hordes of a lot more species.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    That guy in Mauville who talks vocally, The Bard. You can make him say a random sentence I believe.
    I'm curious how they would implement it. Would it still be computer generated or would a voice actor be called in?

Last edited:
    Years
  • These two NPCs in particular:
    RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL

Where did you come from?
    - Yes
    - No

I would really appreciate it if they were to be still, thank you very much.
    I would like to see that EVERYTHING from the original Ruby and Sapphire games to make a return, and maybe even some features from X and Y.

SECRET BASES AND BERRY PICKING SHALL BE REBORN.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • The Regi rooms always looked so awesome to me and I really am fascinated with them. Also I would love to see Lilycove and Mossdeep in 3D coz those two are my favorite cities in Hoenn. I could add Ever Grande too but it is not a City whatsoever :(

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    Secret Bases, Pokemon Contests, the Cycling Road collision challenge and the Trick House first come to mind. :3 But I'm more than sure that they'll make a comeback or i'll riot

Years
  • I'd be devastated if the Pokemon Contests didn't come back. :[ Otherwise, I want to see the Trick House, secret bases and berry picking to come back. I think they're all small things, but make Hoenn special and it wouldn't feel the same without them.

Years
  • I would love to see Secret Bases return with improved features, and would especially love to see Emerald's Battle Frontier reappear! The Battle Frontier was what made me enjoy Emerald waaaaay more than Ruby and Sapphire (other than the modified plot, which I also preferred), and it's been my favorite battle facility to date. The Trick House and Winstrates are also must-haves, and I agree the Winstrates should have rematches and be more challenging. (If the son doesn't return home, each Winstrate could utilize one of the four special battles--Double, Triple, Rotation, and Inverse battles.) Oh, and I'd love to see the Braille puzzles return; those were really fun!

ManaphyLv100

Legendary Ranger
    Years
  • Hopefully proper Contests return. Fourth-gen's ones were fairly meh, and the less said about the Musicals the better. (Blending Master, anyone?)
    Also: Southern Island and Faraway Island. Plus all the other extra areas from Emerald (with the possible exceptions of Marine and Terra Caves).
    As others have said: 3D Dive!
    And I know a lot of people say new Megas, but I hope they don't go overboard, particularly since the whole idea of Megas was that they originated from the use of the ultimate weapon. And they ought to quit with the Mega legendaries already! Give us Mega Luvdisc or something. Y'know, something that actually NEEDS a boost.
    Keeping Hordes sounds like a good idea.

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    Pokemon following the player again?

I (along with pretty much everybody else) really enjoyed having the first pokemon in your party following you in HGSS. I miss that mechanic and although I understand why it didn't return I want it to be in ORAS. The problem is that, with so many pokemon, making 3D models for all of them would take up a large chunk of the storage on the cartridge. I think that the mechanic could return if it were sort of an Amity Square kinda thing, where you could have baby pokemon or starters follow you around. Maybe even just a bunch of pokemon gamefreak considers cute, like how they included pachirisu and drifloon, which could also extend to the small legendaries like Mew or manaphy or meloetta.

I'm pretty sure this mechanic won't return, or at least not for a while, but it's a possibility.

What do you think about this idea? Do you think it could return at some point?

4D73R

Trainer Cobalt
    Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    I loved my Pokemon following me around in HGSS. I seriously don't think they'll bring that back, like I think they won't bring back secret bases. I think they should keep everything from the OG and add some new features. Maybe change stuff around a little bit when it comes to smaller stuff like the champion or your rival's party.

Years
  • I don't have any objections to it but I think the idea should be tweaked. Though some many people want it back it should come if possible but made optional. The only thing I didnt like with HG/SS was that you couldn't turn it off. It also looked weird that you were the only one that had the option in the game. I think the Rival should have it as well if yours is turned on. It only makes sense.
    The little things that you hope come back.

The little things that you hope come back.

Last edited:

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    I really hope they add it in (though I doubt that they will). If they do, then it should be an optional switch on/off feature.

I'd love to have my baby Noivern following me.

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    Its not really something I need manditory but it should come if possible and made optional. The only thing I didnt like with HG/SS was that you couldn't turn it off. It also looked weird that you were the only one that had the option in the game. I think the Rival should have it as well if yours is turned on. It only makes sense.

Yeah I never really thought of it that way but now that you point it out it is kinda weird that the player is the only one with that feature. And I agree that it should be optional, because some people might just not like it. The rival and other trainers should have it too.

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    I loved my Pokemon following me around in HGSS. I seriously don't think they'll bring that back, like I think they won't bring back secret bases. I think they should keep everything from the OG and add some new features. Maybe change stuff around a little bit when it comes to smaller stuff like the champion or your rival's party.

I think that they're almost definitely bringing back secret bases, since it's from that generation. It would be a lot more useful now because it could be kinda like an extension of the PSS, where you can have battles and trade and possibly some other features exclusive to the secret bases.

Years
  • I really loved that feature, one of my favorite games because of that feature and I also loved in Yellow how Pikachu followed you around. Yellow was my first game so I got a little spoiled to it early on I suppose. I doubt they will bring it back for these games but I'd certainly be happy about it. Even if it was just one of the starters, I just love it lol.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
  • Only if they tweak it so that you can choose which Pokemon to follow you around. Most of the time, the first Pokemon in my party is some low level Pokemon leveling up. I don't want it to follow me, I want my ace to follow me. But the game design didn't allow it which only made the feature frustrating because you couldn't turn it off.

Besides, majority of the game is spent on your bicycle, so the feature is only used for what, 15% of the game?

Back