• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] The Lost Islands League 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
  • And now for my own sign-up. Forgive the double post.

Name | Celeste Astra Noviella
    Date of Birth | July 16th, 2003
    Gender |
    female.gif

Hometown | Castelia City, Unova

Appearance | Celeste is a young Caucasian woman standing at five feet four inches (162.56cm) and weighing one hundred and twenty pounds (54.43kg). She has short, silver hair shot through with purple highlights, framing her face and stopping evenly about an inch above her shoulders. Her hair is straight, smooth, and comfortably soft to the touch. Her face and facial features are rounded, giving her a sort of cherub appearance that causes her to look slightly younger than she actually is, in a rather adorable manner. Her eyebrows are thin and dark, complementing the light blue-grey eyes that lay just beneath them. Her eyes always appear bright and full of life, revealing a joyful spirit that isn't always shown by her introverted personality. Her nose is round and petite, not reaching very far from her face and helping to define her childish appearance. Her lips are thin and lush, and her teeth are almost perfectly straight and bright white in color, giving her rare smiles a noticeable glow.

Celeste's neck is thin and her shoulders narrow. Her breasts lean on the small side and her waist has about an average girth, being not too large but not very thin. Her arms are thin with some very subtle muscle and her hands are small and gentle, but possess a firm grasp. Her fingers are somewhat long and slender, and her fingernails protrude a quarter of an inch from them, always evenly filed and often lavishly decorated. Her legs are long and thin, but powerful, and the feet that carry her are small and delicate. She is in good physical health, and she is very lithe, agile, and quick on her feet.

Celeste's wardrobe primarily consists of tee-shirts and shorts. Her favorite shirt is a light grey off-the-shoulder tee with seemingly random purple and blue bands crossing it, which is usually accompanied by a black tank top beneath it. She typically wears denim shorts and black athletic shoes to accommodate her lifestyle as a pokémon trainer, and she sometimes wears multicolored leggings. She wears black leather fingerless gloves and a poké ball belt around her waist, as well as a star pendant around her neck. She also tends to wear combs in her hair that are adorned with either stars, the moon, or flowers. On colder days she'll wear sweatpants and a dark grey parka, as well as black hiking boots if she so needs to.

Personality | Celeste is a very introverted young woman. She rarely speaks to people that she does not know, with the exception of polite greetings and responses. She feels awkward in most social situations, not knowing how to handle herself very well. People confuse her, so she prefers to avoid getting into crowded situations. Despite this, she is amiable, kind, and polite. She enjoys listening to people rather than speaking, and she adores hanging out with her friends, although she has a hard time making new friends as she rarely speaks to new people without encouragement. She has a loving and passionate soul, and it sometimes seems that she is incapable of feeling negative emotions such as anger. She tries to keep such negativity to herself most of the time, and even when she doesn't she is so out of practice at expressing such emotions that they aren't displayed very clearly.

Celeste is a gentle person, and so she enjoys gentle pursuits. Her hobbies include painting, drawing, singing, dancing, and various other creative actions. She's highly intelligent when it comes to facts, but she's not that well versed in the sense of social "smarts." She is good at reading people, and she can be deeply philosophical with many things in life, but she doesn't always make the most intelligent decisions when it comes to interacting with people. She always assumes the best in a person, and this can get her into trouble at times. She's also not one to complain or point out something that someone has done to wrong her, so she can sometimes be easy to manipulate.

Celeste only really comes out of her shell when she's in the presence of pokémon. She finds them much more agreeable than human beings, and over the years she's mastered the ability to befriend most any wild creature she meets, at the cost of having no idea on how to deal with humans. She battles pokémon as a trainer, but she prefers to spend her time nurturing her relationships with her pokémon as she adventures with them. She also enjoys participating in pokémon contests and finding new ways to show of the natural wonder of the creatures.

History | Celeste was born to a lower-class single mother in Castelia City, Unova. What became of her father is beyond her knowledge; her mother never spoke of him and she was never able to find any trace of him, not even what his name was. Whenever she would ask her mother, she was either met with avoidance or silence. She eventually gave up and contented herself in knowing the life she possessed.

She was never well to do, by any means. Her entire life she lived with her mother in a shabby little apartment near the back alleys of Castelia. The nightly drunken brawls and the endless drone of cars whizzing by became her lullabies. She learned to live with them, as well as every other unlucky aspect of her life.

As a young child, she was unable to make any friends. As early on as preschool, other children would go out of their way to avoid her or bully her. They would make fun of her lack of wealth, the "rags that she called clothes," and her inability to afford any sort of luxury, ranging from a doll to a game console and beyond. Her house consisted of one small television, a handful of old Disney video cassette tapes, a shabby couch, a ratty chair, a small bed in her bedroom and a slightly larger one in her mother's, a dresser for her and one for her mother, a tiny kitchen and a bathroom in disrepair. When other kids found this out, she never lived it down.

In order to try and keep her going in a somewhat normal manner, her mother would get donations from Goodwill and repair them, sewing on labels of more prestigious fashion lines to make it look like Celeste had at least a little money. She would scavenge items and toys, fix them and give them to her daughter. Anything she could do to make their lives a little easier, she would attempt.

Still no one ever wished to associate with Celeste. She grew up utterly alone, and so developed no social skills, other than the acts of kindness and polite mannerisms that her mother taught to her. She grew up lonely and learned to fear social interaction due to the fact that she simply did not know how to properly deal with it. She grew to be coy yet stalwart, scared yet brave, aware of the cruelty of the world yet still remaining innocent and virtuous. She wasn't never aware of how well of a person she was growing into, however, always assuming herself to be as shameful and worthless as others insisted that she was. Had it not been for her mother, her spirit likely would have been broken years ago.

So she worked through her arduous life, assisted by her mother until she aged to fourteen years. It was at that time that her mother became deathly ill. Celeste never figured out what exactly she was dying of. Her mother never told her what she believed it to be, and they couldn't afford any doctors to help them. Her mother simply worked through her illness until the very end, all the while becoming more insistent in shaping her daughter into a kind and caring individual. Her mother wore a smile until the end, and left her only with the hope that Celeste would keep her sincerity through whatever hardships life decided to throw her way.

When she was halfway through her fourteenth year, her mother passed away. Having no family that she was aware of and not wanting to be sent to some orphanage, Celeste fled Castelia City with nothing but the clothes on her back and a small backpack of supplies. With her mother in her heart and the drive to become someone that her mother could be truly proud of, she opted to become a pokémon trainer and coordinator.

The first pokémon that she ran into after fleeing were an Eevee on the outskirts of Castelia, and a Darumaka on Route 4. The Eevee she found being chased by some poison-type pokémon that had been lurking in the Castelia Sewers. She chased away the pokémon and nursed the Eevee back to health. At that time she held no poké balls of her own, but she had managed to gain the Eevee's trust and call it her partner without the need of a poké ball to bind them. She then traveled north with the Eevee, a female that she named Fermina, and began training. There she would find a lost poké ball containing an abandoned Darumaka. It was labeled with the name "Daren" and had been out in the sands long enough to became a sickly shade of brownish-red. She took the Darumaka and raised it as her friend, saving it from a fate of being trapped in a poké ball forever in the desert.

She then battled a couple of trainers and earned enough money to buy a few poké balls and other supplies of her own. She would then proceed to travel Unova, collect gym badges and contest ribbons, and gain invaluable experience. She eventually evolved Fermina into an Espeon, and Daren into a Darmanitan. She also captured a Venipede that she would dub Thorn and raise into a Scolipede, and a Cottonee that would become the Whimsicott known as Autumn.

Over the next two years she became a trainer and coordinator of some renown, and began to earn enough money to live the life of a proper vagabond. She eventually met Professor Juniper, who quickly took a shine to Celeste's endearing personality and natural affinity for pokémon. Not long after, Aurea Juniper informed her of a tournament known as The Lost Islands League, and recommended that she partake in it. With nothing better to look forward to, she gladly accepted the Professor's offer of a trip to a beautiful archipelago that might promise fame and fortune. How could she not after everything that she had worked for? She had lived in poverty long enough, and she was determined to finally work her way up the social ladder.

She would be only sixteen when she was offered this chance of a lifetime, and she gladly hopped onto a plane to the Lost Archipelago after passing the preliminary testing stages.

Starter Pokémon
    deino.gif
    633.gif
    633.png

Species | Deino
    Gender |
    male.gif

Name | Ezekial or "Zeke"
    Moveset | Tackle, Dragon Rage, Focus Energy, Bite, Headbutt, Ice Fang​

Writing Sample | "Tell me again: exactly how long have you been on your journey?" Aurea Juniper stirred her tea calmly as she turned back to the young woman standing in her laboratory in Nuvema Town.

"Almost two years now, miss," Celeste responded politely.

"Dear, how many times must I tell you? Call me Aurea," Professor Juniper sipped her tea, a sly smile on her face as she examined Celeste for the umpteenth time. "You've come so far in two short years. Your skills as a coordinator are marvelous, and the way you apply the graceful tactics that you learn in contests to pokémon battles is thrilling. You have such great potential, my dear."

Celeste's face burned red. "Thank you, miss."

"Aurea," Professor Juniper corrected. "Anyways, I have an idea of where you might go next."

"Next?" Celeste questioned. "I still have to earn four more gym badges and another contest ribbon before I can take part in either the Grande Festival or Vertress Conference."

Professor Juniper shook her head gently as she took one last sip of tea. "I have something else in mind, something much more exciting. It's an opportunity that comes around only once every five years. Tell me dear: have you ever heard of the Lost Archipelago?"

Celeste blinked, searching her mental textbooks and maps. "The string of islands discovered a few decades ago in the Atlantic?" Celeste responded, more asking than answering.

"Those islands exactly!" Aurea smiled delightedly, setting her cup of tea down. "And once every five years, a large tournament is held on those islands. It's known as The Lost Islands League."

Celeste raised an eyebrow. "Lost Islands League?"

"Mmhmm. It's a tournament of skill that one may only enter if they are invited to it. Contestants go around the archipelago and collect the eighteen arena medals, one from each island, so that they may partake in The Lost Tournament on the nineteenth island of Kentrik." As she spoke, Professor Juniper walked around her lab to her desk, shuffling through papers on top of it and within its drawers. "And I think this would be the perfect opportunity to prove how truly skilled you are as a trainer." She pulled out an ornate envelope, looking it over to make sure it was the item that she had been searching for. When she was satisfied that it was, she walked back to Celeste and handed her the envelope. "Open it," she said.

Celeste took the envelope, still slightly confused. This was some sort of invitation to a tournament? She opened the envelope and pulled out an ornate purple card. She read it it probably ten times before she looked back up at Professor Juniper.

"Well?" Aurea asked, encouraging Celeste through a devious smile that flickered in her eyes.

Celeste nodded slowly. "Thank you, so much," she said softly, before rushing forward and embracing the Professor.

"You are welcome, my dear," Professor Juniper responded with a hearty laugh. "Of course, you'll have to pass the preliminary tests, but I have faith in you."

Celeste stepped back, wiping a tear from her eye. "Thank you," she repeated.

Aurea smiled once more. "Now go and prepare yourself."

Celeste nodded enthusiastically before rushing out of the lab. From what she read on the card, she figured that she wouldn't be able to use any of her pokémon that she had previously caught. That unsettled her a bit, but she would find a way to make do with what life threw her way, as she had always done.

"I'll make you so proud, mother," Celeste whispered to the sky as she stopped on a hill outside Nuvema. As if in response, a cool breeze wafted through the area and made her hair sway in the wind. She closed her eyes and allowed it to surround her. "I promise."

Miscellaneous |

Last edited:

ThaTruth

#7 > #6
    Years
  • Sorry, Nakuzami, my time's been getting taken up by lots and lots of basketball (not that I mind, but yeah). I'm literally going to work on my writing sample after this post, and I'll send you a PM when I finish.

Kranic

What did you say about my hair
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2014
    I'm working on a post now, I should have it out in the next few days. Wed/Thursday are really busy for me, so it not going to be right away.

Nakuzami

Years
  • Happy Saint Patrick's Day, everyone~

@ThaTruth - You are accepted, friend!

@Peeps still signing up - Get 'em done!

@All my little roleplayers - Let's get this thing on the road, guys! It doesn't matter if your first posts are long, so get to making them!

If you guys have any questions about anything, feel free to ask! I'm here for a reason. d: If you have any confusion or questions on details in the roleplay, I'd be glad to clear them up for you! Also, after your initial posts, feel free to start joint posting with each other and coming up with your own mini-events! Character plots are just as important as the main plot, as they're what make the world go round! If you have any ideas or suggestions for the roleplay as we go on, I'd be glad to hear them!

And don't be afraid to describe the archipelago just because you're not familiar with it! Follow the general outlines and keep in mind the general nature of . . . nature, and feel free to describe the world as you see fit! I can only do so much, after all; the rest is up to you!

And there must be something about being a GM that encourages the use of exclamation points, because I've never used these little devils quite so much in a normal post! I actually hate them! >.>;

Nakuzami

Years
  • ThaTruth gets a cookie for being the first person to post!
    (by the way, you don't have to follow my post format exactly. You can make it pretty in your own way. Of course, if you want to use my format, that's fine too, lol.)

I'll give y'all until next Monday, and then I'll probably post the actual assembly. Anyone who hasn't posted by then can catch up, and anyone who has may continue onward. (So basically just ThaTruth and I at the moment, lol.)

Century

CANDY FUCHSiA BUiCK
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2019
    I'd also like to reserve a spot if that's alright.

Thanks.

ThaTruth

#7 > #6
    Years
  • @Nakuzami

Yeah, I didn't mean for it to end up that way, but when I tried writing it another way it just kinda felt... off. I'll try not to next time, however ;P

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • Name | Lara Bayon
    Date of Birth | 8th of August, 1997
    Gender | Female
    Hometown | Goldrod City, Johto
    Password | Im Lost!

Appearance | Lara is about 1,65m tall (5,4 feet), has light skin and long brown hair, which she usually ties up in a pony tail. Her eyes are blueish-grey, and she has a few freckles around her nose and on her cheeks. She is not the biggest fan of make-up, and only uses a bit of eye shadow. She wears a pair of small silver earrings and a silver necklace with her birthstone, a green Peridot. She has a rather skinny physique, but thanks to doing a lot of exercise she is pretty strong and somewaht muscular arms and legs.

Her clothes are usually sporty, as she doesnt like to be seen as the girly type. She loves to wear her red T-Shirt and a simple pair of blue jeans. Her preferred foot wear are sneakers, and her favorite pair is black with a few red high-lights. She has a leather wristband around her left wrist, and carries all her stuff in a white pouch, which hangs from her shoulder. Sometimes Lara wears a snapback hat with her teams logo on it. When it gets colder, she puts on a black coat that goes almost to her knees, hides her hair under a white and red beanie hat and sometimes wears a white scarf as well. Lara also likes to wear a pair of white gloves in the winter and a brown pair of boots.

Personality | Lara is a positive and good-natured person. She loves the outdoors, doing sports and having a good time. She is helpful and kind, and would do almost anything for her friends. Lara is also a big talker, which is normally a good thing. She does not take things too seriously and enjoys being sarcastic and making people around her laugh. She has a very positive mindset, and wont give up on something easily. As for flaws, Lara can be a bit moody and arrogant sometimes. If she is ever in a bad mood, she will reply to anything with very sarcastic and often hurtful comments. If she realizes that people around her like her, she might start acting a bit cocky, but will stop as soon as she notices. She can also be really hot-headed when involved in an argument, and trusts her insticts more than sound ideas. She is intelligent and thinks very quickly on her feet, but is extremely lazy when it comes to school work. Lara is a person with a lot of self-confidence, but might overthink a bunch of stuff when she gets nervous or anxious.

Lara is a very social person with a nice group of friends. She is not the most popular girl, but that is ok with her. She will almost never say no to any plan her friends propose, and she hates when people show up late to something. Her biggest interests are cycling and playing Basketball, as well as listening to music. Lara is a good listener, who will try to give her friends advice when they need her. She has never had a serious boyfriend, but she has no problem being around boys and gets along with them as well as with girls. When meeting someone new, Lara is usually the one to get the conversation going, as she is not shy at all. She is usually honest, but when she gets in trouble she might lie to avoid the consequences.

History | Lara was born and raised in Goldenrod, the biggest city in Johto. Her father, Patrick, is a musician and moderates a music channel at the Goldenrod Radio Tower. Alicia, her mother, used to be a an employee at the local flower shop, but stopped working soon after Laras little bother Max was born. Max is 5 years younger than Lara, and the complete opposite of his sister: very quiet and observant. The two get along ok, but dont do much together. She has a few relatives living in Cinnabar Island and Kanto, and has traveled extensively across that region. Lara has been going to the same school throughout her whole life, and has made a lot of friends. She enjoys living in a big city, and loves going to the movies and visiting her father at the radio station. She also plays for a local girls basketball team, and likes to take bicycle tours with her friends on the weekends.

Lara started getting into Pokemon battles around the age of 13. Her uncle, who was visiting from Kanto and worked at a Pokemon research lab, brought her a little gift: An Elekid. Lara wasnt sure at first what to make of the Pokemon, but the Elekid was so nice and playful, she started to get really attached to it. As her Elekid was a really active Pokemon with a lot of energy, he was the perfect fit for the sporty Lara. The two would play outdoors, running around, having the best of times. As the years passed, Lara started to get better and better at Pokemon battles. She wasnt the best in her class, but had above average skills. Her teacher would always tell her she had a lot of potential, and started giving her extra classes. This made Lara really enjoy the intricate world of Pokebattles, and she decided to train every day to get better.

Her parents were glad she was so passionate about something, and loved to see their girl and the Elekid, named Buzzy, grow closer every day. Elekid was a very good Pokemon: He was usually playful and nice, but as soon as a battle started, he would become very serious and disciplined, executing every move Lara told him to. Lara even managed to place 4th in her schools summer tournament, which to her was a great accomplishment. At the age of 15, as she was walking through a field with a friend, she encountered a Sentret. Lara loved that Pokemon and had seen a few other trainers use one, so she decided to try and capture it. After weakening the Sentret a bit, she used one of the Pokeballs her parents gifted her for her birthday. Her heart was racing with excitement, and after the ball twitched a few times, the Sentret was captured!

Having now 2 Pokemon, Lara would practice even more every day. She started to get into Double Battles and became better and better at them. Her Pokemon grew really attached to her, and Lara was very fond of them. As she grew older, she would still play around with them and goof around, and she was sure that would never change. She even experienced a Pokemon evolution once, when her Sentret evolved into a Furret! That had to be one of her proudest moments, as evolving a Pokemon took a lot of time and effort. As the years passed, Lara would continue to train her Pokemon and keeping up with school work, not sure yet what to do after graduating. When she was still a little girl, her dream was to become a singer/songwriter, and maybe work at the Goldenrod Radio Tower like her dad. That dream was very old though, and since she had gotten so involved in Pokemon Battles, she had a new goal: Lara wanted to travel all through Johto and conquer the 8 badges to take on the Pokemon League! She knew only the best trainers were able to accomplish this, and she knew she wanted to give it a try! She wasnt sure if her parents would approve, but maybe if she graduated with a good enough degree they would be supportive of her idea?

Little did she know, she was about to get a letter that would change all her plans for the future...

Starter Pokémon
    Spr_5b_056.png

Species | Mankey
    Gender | Male
    Name | Claude
    Ability | Defiant
    Moveset | Covet, Fury Swipes, Karate Chop, Night Slash, Focus Energy, Low Kick

Spr_5b_179.png

Species | Mareep
    Gender | Female
    Name | Lanas
    Ability | Static
    Moveset | Tackle, Thundershock, Thunder Wave, Cotton Spore, Charge Beam

Writing Sample | The saturday started of like any other. Lara woke up around 9am, but decided to stay in bed for a few more minutes. The sun was shining through her window, making her feel comfortably warm under the sheets. She decided to get up and have breakfast, since her parents and Max were probably already up. She put on a pair of slippers, and still wearing her pijamas, walked down the stairs. *I hope mum made those delicious pancakes...and a glass of orange juide would be nice too* Lara thought as she was almost at the bottom stair. She could already hear her parents talking in the kitchen. "Good morning everyone!" She said in a happy voice as she entered the room. "Hey sunshine, did you sleep well?" Her father asked, taking a break from sipping his coffee. As Lara had hoped for, her mum was preparing pancakes. "Morning sweetie" She said, without taking her eyes away from the stove. Max walked into the kitchen as well, only saying "Hi" and sat down at the table.

After the pancakes were done and the orange juice had been freshly squeezed, they all sat down and had breakfast together. They talked about what to do on this beautiful day, and were torn between a bicycle tour or visiting the local pool. "Aw, before i forget" her father started saying, "a letter arrived for you today". A letter? Lara had no clue who it could be from. *Hmm maybe from Valerie?* she thoguht. Her friends was visiting some relatives in Kanto, and had promised to sent her a post card. "Ok thanks dad, ill open it up in a second or two". After clearing the table of all the plates, Lara exited the kitchen to grab the letter from the living room table.

*Well, this is definitely not a post card* was the thought that popped up in her head, as she picked up the white envelope. There was nothing fancy about it besides a logo with the letters IPL. Lara knew she had seen those initials before, but couldnt figure out where. She opened up the letter and started reading it. As she read word after word, her heart started racing. *The Lost Islands Tournament? Ive heard of that!* The letter was written by Prof. Elm, a well known expert on all things concerning Pokemon Evolution. He was from Johto as well, and had apparently seen Lara battle at her schools summer tournament. The Professor explained in the letter how he saw potential in her, and decided to invite her to the Lost Islands Tournament.

Laras thoughts were everywhere. She was excited, confused, a bit of everything really. *This...is a huge chance for me. The Lost Island is an immense tournament. I could learn a lot there and meet some very amazing trainers from all around the world.* Lara was not done with school yet, but there was only one semester left. She wanted to go after the Johto badges anyway after school...so why not compete in the League instead? It was as good, or even better, chance to become a better trainer.

"What is it Sunshine?" Her fathers voice made Lara jump a little. "Who wrote you?" He added, as Lara didnt answer right away. "Its...an invitation...to the Lost Islands League" she slowly mumbled. Patricks jaw dropped at the news. He immediately told Laras mother, and they all sat down to talk about it. Her parents felt a bit nervous to let their daughter go, but they knew this was a once in a lifetime chance. After discussing the details, they agreed to let Lara participate. "We are really proud of you" They said with a smile. "And no matter how far you get, you will always be our champ."

Lara couldnt wait to to tell her friends about it. Her own adventure would start in less than 2 weeks. *This is...awesome* she thought, and started to daydream about things to come. Then she realized what the letter said at the end: She would start from scratch, and every trainer would get new Pokemon. That meant Buzzy and Furret had to stay at home, and could not come with her. Lara was pretty sad about this, as she really wanted to take her Pokemon with her on this journey. *I guess there is no other way* she thought *Im curious to see what kind of Pokemon we get...*

"Lara" her father said, stopping her train of thought "We are all going to get ready for the bike tour. You are still coming right?"
    "Sure dad!" Lara answered with a smile. She needed to do something to distract herself from all the excitement and nervousness, so she went upstairs and got ready to spend the day with her family.

Last edited:

ZeganZoma

The one that went insane
    Years
  • Can i get a reserve?

Name | Erik Daniel Roseberry
    Date of Birth | December 24, 2001
    Gender | Male
    Hometown | Castelia City, Unova
    Password | I'm completely lost. SOS!

Appearance | Erik is a young Caucasian man with a skin tone that leans toward being pale. He stands six feet one inch tall and weighs around one hundred and fifty five pounds. He has medium length dark brown hair that end evenly around two inches from his shoulders and covers most of his forehead and ears. His face and facial features are slightly rounded. His eyebrows are slightly thin and dark, with light blue eyes underneath them. On many occasion people have complemented him for his eyes, saying that they show great wisdom despite his age. His nose is round and average, complimenting his face. His lips are slightly thick and colored a very light pink. He has straight, mostly white teeth with yellow patches on his canines. He has a patch of hair on his chin that he regularly shaves.

Erik has a semi thick neck and broad shoulders. His waist is of average girth, although his is slightly thinner then most. His arms, while not muscular, are slightly thicker then most, showing slight muscle near his shoulders, and his hands are slightly larger then most men his age. His fingers are long and slightly thicker then most young men his age, and his fingernails protrude a quarter of an inch from them. His legs are slightly thick and muscular and his feet are slightly large. He is in good physical health and is slightly strong, agile, and can withstand a good amount of pain.

Erik's wardrobe consist of mostly plain colored tee-shirts, black vests, black pants, and a black fedora. His favorite clothes to wear are his plain red tee-shirt that he wears underneath one of his black vests, a pair of black khakis, his black fedora, and a black pair of tennis shoes. During the winter, he also wears a black leather trench coat and a pair of black snow boots.

Personality | Erik is a very relaxed, calm, and lazy person. He will often spend most of his days just laying in his bed and sleeping. It's become a rumor among his friends that Erik runs more on sleep then he does on food due to the amount of naps he likes to take. Despite being very lazy, going out and exercising is not out of question for him. In fact, he like to take long walks around the city. He also likes to play videogames while he walks. And due to the years of playing strategy videogames, he nurtured a tactical mindset. During the time he used to be a Pokemon Trainer, he would often employ a variety of strategies in order to win.

Erik tends to be indifferent in most situations and would often prefer to end problems with the least amount of effort as possible. However, if the situation is serious and calls for him to use a lot of effort, he is completely fine with that as well. He show's little to no care for other people, mostly due to the fact that he is socially awkward. However, if someone is in trouble, he won't hesitate to help the person in need, depending on the situation. People sometimes get the feeling that he is apathetic, but this is not entirely true. While he does show apathetic symptoms, he cares a lot about his family, his Pokemon, and the people he calls friends. In fact, he is very loyal to his friends, family, and anyone he show respect for.

History | (Any and all major and/or important events that have taken place in your character's life thus far. What was their childhood like? Are they an experienced trainer? Have they done anything worth mentioning? So long as they haven't become a Trainer God, it's all good.)

Starter Pokémon

Spr_5b_037.png

Species | Vulpix
    Gender | Female
    Name | Kitsune
    Moveset | Ember, Baby-doll Eyes, Quick Attack, Fire Spin, Confuse Ray, Energy Ball

Spr_5b_570.png

Species | Zorua
    Gender | Female
    Name | Moonlight
    Moveset | Scratch, Leer, Pursuit, Fake Tears, Fury Swipes, Dark Pulse

Writing Sample | (Just to see what your style of writing is like. Make it about the day that your character received their invitation to the Lost Tournament.)

Miscellaneous | Although he can stand certain types of pink, he is not a fan of the color. Despite wearing nearly all black colored clothing, he does not consider himself goth or emo.

Last edited:

Century

CANDY FUCHSiA BUiCK
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2019
    Name | Seth Anton
    Date of Birth | July 22nd. Twenty-One Years Old
    Gender | Male
    Hometown | Saffron City, Kanto
    Password | I'm lost, what?

Appearance | Seth stands in at about 6'2". His unkept hair, which is a thick dirty blond is usually pushed back ala hockey hair. He is Caucasian, with a slight tan. A pair of black sunglasses typically covers his bright blue eyes. His attire mostly consists of a track coat underneath a jean jacket. He is mostly in a pair of slightly ripped blue jeans, which is switched depending on the occasion. He is always carrying a Pokemon belt, carrying his active party, with his Pokeballs behind his back. A red pouch hangs over his left front pant pocket containing empty Pokeballs. Carrying the rest of his items is a black, slightly tattered backpack, as well as extra clothes and ect. His left back pocket always contains a can of tobacco.

Personality | Seth is known around Saffron City to be helping everyone with anything. He briefly went on a training journey, capturing a couple of badges around the Kanto region before moving back to Saffron to help out Professor Oak with his Pokemon research. He is known to be very outgoing and always willing to battle whomever. He is very caring of his Pokemon, always treating them well but pushing them to be better. He could be classified as an experienced trainer, but he hasn't been out of the Kanto region for his entire life.

Around others, Seth is mostly friendly, unless you have managed to land yourself on his bad side, be it by making him look foolish, insulting him or by stabbing him in the back. When your'e on Seth's bad side, he won't go out of his way to get payback, but when the opportunity presents itself, he will take it.

He has a couple of quirks, mainly being his love of chewing tobacco. Hardly spotted without it, he is always with a dip. He's intelligent, as that is what got him is job with Professor Oak in the first place. An area he lacks complete knowledge in, however is Pokemon training. He is always armed with a good sense of humour, using it whenever possible. He's just a good mannered kid who usually gets along with everybody. He is driven by his passion for the Pokemon, and wants to become a legend in his own right.

His passion usually turns into competitiveness, however, as he will continually try to one-up people around him. Most things are a contest with Seth, and he strives to win those contests. Whenever he is bested, his ego takes a bit of a hit for awhile, but in due time he is back where he started from, trying to best whoever he is around, whether it be in a battle, a race, or anything.

History | Seth grew up in Saffron City, and when he was 10 he left Saffron to travel Kanto and chase his dream of being a Pokemon trainer. However, Professor Oak had recruited him to help with his research when he had reached Pallet Town. Seth wasn't too upset about it, as it was a chance to further his Pokemon knowledge. It was rumoured that Seth was amongst the elite in his Pokemon classes.

When he returned to Saffron, he was crucial in helping Oak with his research, going into the field and catching Pokemon to send to the professor. He trained up his own party as well, which variated depending on where he was going. Seth was one day doing his typical research, and opened his mail, one letter in specific that carried an invitation to the Lost Islands League. He quickly took time off from Professor Oak, who encouraged Seth to go on this adventure to complete his dream of becoming a Pokemon trainer.

His youth was a different creature, however. When he began his journey to become a master Pokemon trainer, there was a lot standing in his way. Every single person from his class looked down at Seth like he would never amount to anything. So, he was constantly picked on by his peers. Many of those peers became successful Pokemon trainers. None of them ever became the league champion, from his knowledge, but it always irked Seth that they had become better than him.

Or that they were right.

His relationship with his family is good. He is usually in contact with both his mother and father through his Pokegear, and he is a lone child so he doesn't have to worry about keeping in touch with siblings.

Starter Pokémon
    (You may have either two pure-typed pokémon, or one dual-typed pokémon.)

88.png

Species | Grimer
    Gender | Female
    Name | Grimer
    Moveset | Pound, Poison Gas, Harden, Mud-Slap, Disable, Sludge, Shadow Punch

236.png

Species | Tyrogue
    Gender | Male
    Name | Tyrogue
    Moveset | Tackle, Helping Hand, Fake Out, Foresight, Bullet Punch

Writing Sample |

The hot sun beamed down onto the walking Seth Anton, who was on his way home from a long week of being on an excursion to help Professor Oak with his Pokemon research. Underneath his, his trusty Arcainine trotted along at a slow but steady pace. The black sunglasses covering Seth's eyes prevented him from squinting, as he looking on into the distance. He knew that home was close. Only another five minutes. He thought to himself, as the moment when he stepped inside his own home couldn't come soon enough.

His dream of being a Pokemon trainer fizzled out when he was younger, but he was nonetheless very happy to take a job alongside Professor Oak, who many around Kanto and the rest of the regions site as one of the best, if not the very best at what he does.

But in the back of his mind, Seth always wanted to be a Pokemon trainer. He wanted that adventure more than anything. But his time had passed. It was time to put all of the adventuring behind him and focus solely on Pokemon research. When Seth wasn't working, he was always out training his group of Pokemon to be as strong as they can be. It was hard to find a trainer locally that could best Seth, but he would never know if he was good enough to conquer Kanto or not.

Finally, he sees the outskirts of Saffron City in the distance. The sun had set for the day, causing the light pollution radiating from the town to light up the sky ahead of Seth and his Arcainine. With a sigh, he hops off of his trusty Pokemon before holding out a red and white Pokeball.

"Return!" He says to his fire typed Pokemon as a red light emits itself from the ball and engulfs the Pokemon, returning it to it's Pokeball. Seth begins his travels home for the night before he would head out for another trip around Kanto tomorrow.

He reaches the front of his house, an average house in Saffron City as many houses are nicer and just as many are not quite as nice as Seth's. He begins to walks closer to the front door and reaches his hand into the mailbox that was just out of the reach of his front step. He eyes each letter with a look of nonchalance on his face.

Nothing new, bills, bills, bills. He shakes his head. The last letter he picks up was something different, however. With a gold stamp on a white envelope, he leaves it closed, analyzing it. He looks both ways before opening the door to his house and setting all of his other mail on a glass table that was just inside the door. Taking the golden stamped letter with him to his kitchen table, he tears the glued down strip off of the envelope, and reaches in and pulls out the contents.

"An invitation..?" He says to himself, puzzled. He continues to read. "To the Lost Islands League?" Seth was confused. He wasn't a trainer. This was for elite trainers. Maybe it was a mistake. Seth's heart just about jumped through his chest when he read his own name in the document as the person it was addressed to.

He took a deep breath as he read some more.

Inside, please find enclosed a golden ticket to board the boat that will take you to the Lost Islands. Good Luck!

Seth reached into the envelope once more and pulled out a ticket, which was so gold it glimmered rapidly under the fluorescent light of Seth's kitchen. He held it up in the air, with a smile on his face.

He was going to get a chance to be a Pokemon trainer after all.

Miscellaneous | Seth loves to dip tobacco.

Last edited:

Nakuzami

Years
  • Oh my, new sign-ups. How exciting!

I'm in class right now (oh devious Naku, getting on PC during class. Although it is Creative Writing class, so it fits. Pfft) so I'll review some things more in-depth later. (As well as actually reserve you guys in the main post later.)

Zorogami, right now all I have to say is that you don't meet the pokemon you travel with in the roleplay in your past. Your character doesn't know them yet. So fix that, please? Also, if you could, perhaps add a little detail to some things? Not much is needed.

All three of you are reserved for right now. d:

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • Does that mean we merely pick the Pokemon we start with as we get on the island?
    Also, where would you like to see some more detail? Appearance, Personality, Writing example...?

Nakuzami

Years
  • Sorry, my initial response had been a bit rushed so I didn't get the chance to elaborate.

Yes, you choose what pokemon you will have once your character reaches the islands. They receive the pokemon during your initial post. You can have had other pokemon in the past, but they won't be used during the roleplay.

And I'd like to see a little more detail in your appearance and perhaps history. What you've written is good and does a decent job of displaying your character, but I felt that it was a little short. Mainly, though, I just needed you to fix the part about the pokemon in your history.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • Alright thanks for clearing that up.
    I went ahead and added a few lines here and there in my SU and changed the Pokemon up.
    Really hope the its good enough now, if there is something else i should improve please let me know!

Nakuzami

Years
  • Okay, the edits are good. You're accepted. Welcome to the archipelago.

Just one thing, which I want to be a general note for everyone: when writing dialogue, make sure that when a new character starts speaking, a new paragraph is started. A bit of a rule of writing that helps to make things a little less confusing.

I should be posting the actual assembly post tomorrow, giving people the rest of today as an opportunity to post. Hopefully some people will take that chance. d:

Kranic

What did you say about my hair
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2014
    Finally Got my post out. Sorry it took so long, I've been a bit busy recently and getting the post together was a bit more difficult than usual. Still need to get a straight idea on what I want Yvain to be. Not really happy with what I put, but it wouldn't really be right to just be mia for so long.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back