• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] The Lost Islands League 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
  • That's fine! Characters evolve all the time; they don't always turn out how we expect them. I've written characters that literally turn out to be the exact opposite of their initial descriptions. For me I suppose it depends on the type of mood I'm in when I start writing the character. Either way, they're people. Perhaps not real ones, but they can evolve and change just like real persons.

Besides, you still got your post in earlier than some others. d;

I myself need to get done with the post that I promised to finish yesterday, but I suppose it's not that great of an issue with only two people having posted.

Century

CANDY FUCHSiA BUiCK
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2019
    Hey hey hey I updated my writing sample, what else do I have to do?

Nakuzami

Years
  • Your writing sample is good, but I think you could use a bit more detail in the other sections of your sign-up. Perhaps a couple more paragraphs for your history, and another for the personality? You manage to get a general outline of who he is in what you've written, but perhaps you could get a bit more specific?

For the personality, perhaps add how he generally gets along with others. Or his likes and dislikes, idiosyncrasies and quirks? His intelligence and motivations? Et cetera

As far as the history, how are his relationships with his friends and family? What was his childhood and adolescence like? Did he have any friends or enemies? Conflicts or obstacles that he had to overcome? Even just one interesting instance of his life that might be worth mentioning?

You're not limited to any of that, of course, but it's just some suggestions. Add a little more detail and you'll be good to go.

EDIT: Century, you are accepted.

Last edited:

Nakuzami

Years
  • Terribly sorry for the long absence! I didn't have a computer to use for more than a few moments over spring break, and I've been doing a lot of things for school since I got back, including working on my school's literary magazine, preparing for a performance next Thursday at our auditorium theatre in le city that my pleasant little suburb exists near, and readying for an AP Exam next Friday.

So, basically, I haven't had time to do much. But I did just post the announcement to allow everyone to continue in the story (which I should have done before break if I were a half decent individual)! So, if everyone is, hopefully, still with this, we can start moving things once more!

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2016
    this looks good! I want to join!

Name | Casey "Azelf" DeRuiter
    Date of Birth | January 21st, 2003
    Gender | Male
    Hometown | Lavender town, kanto
    Password | Im LOST!

Appearance | Casey is slightly shorter than average. He has light red hair, blue eyes and freckles. He normally wears a light green t-shirt and plain jeans. He also wears a wooden azelf necklace made by his best friend.

Personality | Casey is a friendly guy, but being from lavander town, people think he is odd. He only has a few friends, but they try to include him in everything. He is pretty shy, and does not mind ghost types. However, he has no favorite type. He is, however, afraid of being left alone, which is why he started his pokemon adventure. He likes to eat anything sweet or sour, but dislikes anything salty.

History | He has protected the pokemon tower from invasive pokemon species as long as he can remember, using his mom's glameow. His mother is from sinnoh, and had collected all 8 badges when she quit being a sinnoh trainer to move to kanto. His father has always lived in lavender town, and his family has always protected the pokemon tower.
    Starter Pokémon

Species | misdreivius
    Gender | female
    Name | Lady
    Moveset | Shadowball(TM), confuseray, astonish, pyswave

Species | eevee
    Gender | female
    Name | Evoli (Is french)
    Moveset | dig(TM), swift, quick attack, baby doll eyes

Writing Sample | When i woke up that morning all seemed normal, however, it was no ordinary day. I was traveling all the way to pallet town to see professor oak about something important. All i know is, he wants to see me asap! As i was trekking down route 1, i wondered what the prof wanted. Maybe i earned a pokedex? Or a masterball? Or a pokemon? Or, something else...? When i got there, Prof. oak said, "Have you been told yet? You have been chosen to compete in the lost tournament!" As i sat there processing it, I asked "when do i leave?" Oak replied with, "First thing tomorrow morning is when you leave. Also, Take this Eevee. She should help you in the tournament."

Nakuzami

Years
  • Name | Casey "Azelf" DeRuiter

Okay, first off, let me just ask: could you make your SU longer, in general? It's incredibly short in every section. You may want to take a look at some of the other sign-ups to get some ideas.

Also, you might want to start with correcting your grammatical errors. Proper nouns, such as names of places, people, pokemon, and even moves should be capitalized. You also spelled Misdreavus wrong. And dialogue, such as in your writing sample, should begin a new paragraph when a new person begins speaking.

Onto your character himself.

First, why do people call him Azelf? Is it because of his necklace? Why was Azelf significant enough for his friend to make a necklace of it in the first place?

If you want to make his appearance longer (which I suggest you do), you might want to consider things such as build, skin tone, hair length, height, weight, and perhaps some more superficial details such as the shape and size of his facial features, whether he has any odd marks on him, or how well kept he keeps himself and his hygiene.

Personality-wise, what exactly makes Casey a "friendly guy"? And why does someone being from Lavender Town make them odd? Besides, wouldn't most of the people he knows be from Lavender Town as well? Why is he shy? And if he's afraid of being left alone, why exactly would he want to go on a pokémon journey alone? (Suggestion: perhaps to conquer that fear?) As far as making it longer . . . perhaps add in some quirks, more general likes and dislikes, how he behaves around certain people (because everyone behaves differently around different people) and whatnot.

The History section should be longer than the other sections, so keep that in mind.
    Why does he, specifically, protect the tower? I'm sure the town would manage it, considering it's essentially a large, highly regarded cemetery. What "invasive species" of pokémon would be troubling the tower, anyways? And that's really all you've put in your history, since the other two sentences focus on his parents. What was his childhood like? What experiences has he gone through, and how have they shaped him into the person he is today? Also, keep in mind that not just anyone can be invited to the Lost Islands League. They need to have proven themselves somehow, either through displaying their prowess in raising pokémon, or by getting an important individual, like a professor, to notice their potential.

As for your writing sample, once you separate the dialogue into separate paragraphs and fix the grammatical errors, all you should have to do is expand it (substantially) and then it should be acceptable. Work on the other sections first, since they'll probably give you an idea of what to do with this once they're expanded/completed.

Again, I suggest looking at some other SUs to get an idea of what to do. You don't have to make yours exactly like them, or necessarily as long as them. Just make it acceptable.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back