• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Lost Islands League: PG-13 RP

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    The Lost Islands League

PG-13 Role-Play!

The Story:

In the very middle of the Atlantic there is a string of islands known as the Lost Islands. They are named so because they are very difficult to find, so they are lost. Every five years a tournament is held in the Lost Islands. It is meant to bring together the toughest trainers around. Each contestant is required to leave all of their pokemon behind and start with three Lost Pokemon. The contestants job: Explore all 17 islands and collect each of the badges. Once a contestant has done this, they may take on the final challenge; The Lost Tournament.

The Problem:

There has been a mysterious group lurking around the islands lately. People and pokemon have gone missing, sometimes even found dead. The trust between people and pokemon has been severed and something very strange is in the air. The best have been investigating and have found nothing. Because of this, few visit the islands anymore, few participate in the tournament, few are even known to be here at all. The islands have truly become lost.

Your Job:

As you've probably guessed, you're a contestant in the Lost Islands League. All of the role-players will be in the tournament and they will go around all 17 of the islands training, catching pokemon, collecting badges and unveiling the secrets of the Lost Islands. Discover the truth behind this heinous group and save the islands. Do you have what it takes to be an Island Master?

The Lost Islands League Starters:

Spoiler:

The Islands:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Draginja

Weasel Mascot
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2012
    I'm Lost!

Hey there, everyone! Here's my SU, hope this goes well!

Name: Kerri Hendriks

Personality: Cool, calm, and rational, Kerri is a thinker and a planner. She prefers not to get emotionally invested in things and always has an idea. She speaks quietly, knowing people should listen. On the other hand, she is easily angered. If things go wrong or people insult or ignore her for too long, she snaps. She tends to react loudly and violently towards anyone or anything, with lots of yelling. She comes off as a little crazy, and is as likely to hold a conversation with herself as she is to talk with others.

Appearance:
    -Skin: White
    -Head: Red hair cut in a bob, blue eyes
    -Height: 5'
    -Weight: 100 lbs
    -Body: Thin, short, small chest, proportionally long legs.
    -Upper: Purple tank top, grey jacket, monocle over left eye, sunglasses on top of head.
    -Lower: Grey leather pants, black belt, black boots.

History: Kerri was born in Kanto, and lived with her parents on Cinnabar. She had little use for travel, as the island had everything a smart young girl like her needed. And anyone who said otherwise was wrong! She was always interested in the lab's projects, especially her mother's work with Dr. Hammond in the fossil project. Her father worked as a janitor, so Kerri got to know the intricacies of maintenance and cleaning as well.

At age 12, she recieved an invitation to the Pokemon League, which she accepted after much thought. After all, those Gym Leaders would be hard pressed to face someone with as much raw talent as her! She obtained seven badges over the next year, gaining her eighth two days after the League began. She competed in the Pokemon League when she was fourteen, and lost in the qualifying rounds. She returned home, vowing that she would return and defeat them all one day! But she had more interesting things to do at home...

Now, she has recieved another invitation, this one to the mysterious Lost Islands. Being intellectually curious about these rare and wonderful places, she accepted the offer eagerly. Plus, it was a chance to prove her skills once more, defeating 17 Gym Laders instead of only eight!

Pokemon: Vulpix, Natu, Makuhita

Species: Vulpix

Nickname: Inari

Nature: Hasty

Ability: Flash Fire

Personality: Inari is a happy little fox, always eager and ready to go. She is Hothead-Kerri's first choice in a battle, and rushes into battle gleefully.

Species: Natu

Nickname: Cleo

Nature: Quiet

Ability: Magic Mirror

Personality: More of a laid-back Pokemon, Cleo enjoys lazing around. While not overly ambitious, he follows orders well. Calm-Kerri's first choice.

Species: Makuhita

Nickname: Honda

Nature: Impish

Ability: Encourage (Brute Force)

Personality: A fun-loving and jovial Pokemon, Honda has lots of energy and little sense. He enjoys battling, but takes time to enjoy life and spread joy and laughter to those around him. Or he would if his sense of humor wasn't so off-kilter... Both Kerri's make use of his talents.

Nakuzami

Years
    Oh yaz! My RP was accepted! And so are you, Draginja[:
    Also, i'm putting Munna, Desumasu and Zuruziggu on hold for myself. Just a note to others who sign up.

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
    Years
    Reserve, please~

Pokemon list: Beldum, Tsutaaja, and Houndour.

Designated Physical Sweeper, Special Sweeper, and Mixed Sweeper. (in that order) Type weakness coverage... check - Beldum is an amazing pivot; other than the Fighting weakness that Houndour has, everything else is covered; that weakness will hopefully eventually be remedied, possibly, by the acquisition of a... something. Houndour is still definitely worth it though, as Flash Fire just beats all-around face when people attempt to roast Beldum/Tsutaaja.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
    Years
    im lost :(

Name: Jason Wolf

Personality: Jason is all about adventure. he loves going out and exploring the world around him. he is all too often too curious. he's gotten into mounds of trouble for straying from home for weeks at a time. he is very resourceful. he can easily find a way to do something in a way that know one else would think of. Jason is also a history buff. he spends all the rest of his time reading up on the anceint ruins and mysterious sights around the world. he sometimes also reads the papers writen by the famous pokemon researchers. Jason isn't antisocial, but he has a hard time talking to people. he also has a hard time trying to relate to people since he spent so much time hunging out in the forests and unpopulated areas of his home.

Appearance:
    -Skin: caucasian
    -Head: shaggydark brown hair, hazle eyes
    -Height: 6'2"
    -Weight: 130 lbs
    -Body: somewhat skinny, but he's very stong from his outdoor activities
    -Upper: dark gray shirt, blue and black jacket, black backpack, leather necklace with a pewter pendent
    -Lower: dark blue jeans, white socks, gray and black sneakers

History: Jason was the second born child in his family, but not the last. he originally had only an older brother until he was age nine and he got a younger one too. when his younger brother was born he began leaving the house more and for longer amounts of time. when he was twelve he swore to his older brother that he was going to get away from their house for good. now at age sixteen he is. the year before his closest friend, his brother, disappeared. Jason started hating his family even more. when his brother went missing he thought that his family barely cared since they gave up searching for him after one week. this put him over the edge he left the house and hasn't returned yet.

Pokemon:

Species: ralts

Nickname: Krimson

Nature: hasty

Ability: telepathy

Personality: Krimson is headstrong and overconfident. he rushes into a fight and wants to keep fighting even after he's down.

Species: cubone

Nickname: Dane

Nature: adamant

Ability: rock head

Personality: Dane is a thinker unlike most cubone. he prefers to think before he acts and then strikes with extreme skill. he does have one downfall from that though, he sometimes over thinks things and beats himself up when he comes up with the wrong answer.

Species: gastly

Nickname: Plasum

Nature: mild

Ability: levitate

Personality: Plasum is a go with the flow pokemon. he'll be serious when he has to, but he can have a laugh too.

GrifSpark

Your personal livin' Pokedex
    Years
    Hmm, why not? Ok, reserve moi please.
    My chosen Pokemon would be-
    Riolu - (Steadfast)

Spheal - (Icebody)

Duskull - (Levitate)

I get the chance to create a (primarily) Ice-type team. Could I resist? Spheal makes for a truely epic staller, the clue is in the name! (Wallrein) Kumashun is a Generation5, so it should bake for an interesting change of pace, and Duskull... well... I can always teach it IcePunch once it evolves, eh?

EDIT: Due to realising (AKA, being told) that I couldn't have two from the same group, I swapped Kumashun for Riolu. Unfortunatly, for the character, nothing else really suits him as much as Kumashun, so Riolu will probably be replaced by something else.

Last edited:

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    Reserve please!

As soon as I saw Tangela, I had to join! XD

Years
    I'm lost :(

Name:
    Adam Serroph

Personality:
    Adam is very calm and quiet. He doesn't start a conversation unless he has to and prefers to be alone. He is quite neutral in the fact that he does things for himself and no one else, however he's not truly selfish and will help someone occasionally. He doesn't like to take responsibility and often runs away from it and never wants to be around longer than he should be, but always trys to do the right thing for himself and others in whatever situation he's in. Despite his personality he can care for people and pokemon so he knows how to be nice.

Appearance:

-Skin:
    White
    -Head:
    Emerald eyes. Hair is Dark brown, almost black, and his fringe is parted to his left. Hair quite long, goes down until just above his shoulders.
    -Height:
    6'1
    -Weight:
    120 - 130 lbs
    -Body:
    Skinny, but healthily skinny. Slightly muscley, but not that much.
    -Upper:
    Plain grey t-shirt with pattern of fire on it.
    -Lower:
    Green camo pants, silver sneakers.

History:
    Adam's earliest memories are from living in a small village in Jhoto. He was living with someone a woman called Patsy, who was not his mother. Ever since he can remember, Adam has had no family. He's tried to ask about them, but no one answered, in the end he stopped asking.

He lead a fairly normal life up until he was about 14, when a group of raiders attacked his village. They took everything they could get their hands on, and then decided to burn the village down to hide the evidence. Adam was told to run as far away as he could, he did just that.
    He ran and ran until he couldn't anymore and eventually came to Goldenrod city.

He started mixing with the wrong crowd and got arrested for shoplifting after being there for a year. After three months, he was released and left the city, traveling, catching a few pokemon, and desperately searching for any information about people from his village, or from his family.

Pokemon:

Species:
    Treeko

Nickname:
    Bullet

Nature: Calm

Ability:
    Overgrow

Personality: Always calm and collected, tries hard and likes to do things quickly.

Species:
    Starly

Nickname: Kara

Nature: Brave

Ability: Keen eye

Personality: Always ready to jump into things weather they're dangerous or not, not afraid to defend herself. However this can get her into trouble.

Species: Kibago

Nickname:
    Shark

Nature: Timid

Ability: Mold breaker

Personality: Very shy. Scared of danger and can possibly forfeit, however there is a lot of power in there that might get out.

Last edited:

dragonite149

I am not male
    Years
    I'm lost! :( And I'm Role playing as a boy!

I couldn't resist joining!

Name: Adam Stone

Personality: Adam is a loner, preferring to do things by himself. If he has to do things with a partner, he chooses to do it with one of his best friends. However, Adam has only a few best friends. It usually takes a long time for Adam to befriend someone. He ignores things unless they are really important. He is good at athletics.
    He is the 'leader' of his team.
    Appearance:
    -Skin: Pale

-Head: Black flat hair, blue eyes
    -Height: 4'7
    -Weight: 85lb
    -Body: well built for running, long legs
    -Upper: Red baseball cap, blue t-shirt, black coat often off
    -Lower: Brown loose trousers, blue sneakers

History: Adam was born in Goldenrod City. His father was a Pokéathlete, and his mother, who was a coordinator, died two weeks after giving birth. Adam didn't get to know his mother well, so he spent most of his time with his father. Soon, Adam began crawling after his father's Growlithe and Vulpix. It was clear Adam was interested in being a Pokéathelte, so his father began training him to be a Pokéathlete when he was 9. He lent some Pokémon from his father during training to be a Pokéathelte. Those were a Rattata, a Ponyta and a Spearow. He trained lots and lots for the speed course, becoming faster along the way while he followed his Pokémon. One day, Adam got an invitation to articiate in the Lost Islands League. Knowing he had to leave Rattata, Ponyta and Spearow behind because he would probably get a Starter Pokémon there, he said goodbye to his lent Pokémon.

Other: His 'team' each have different roles. He is the leader.

Pokémon:
    Poochyena, Shimama, Riolu

Species: Poochyena

Nickname: Ena Ena

Nature: Quiet

Ability: Run Away

Personality:Ena Ena is a quiet Pokémon. Most of the time, she's thinking about something. She is also quite smart for a Pokémon. She thinks every battle and contest over like a chess game. One wrong move and you're out! Other than that, her personality is quite like Adam's. She will be Adam's most trusted pokemon. She is the 'brains' of the team.

Species: Shimama

Nickname: Bolt

Nature: Brave

Ability: Motor Drive
    Personality: Bolt is very brave. He faces any challenge head on, no matter what the consequences will be. He never thinks about things, he just does them. He is eager to battle for Adam Stone, his 'Master'. He is the 'doer' of the team.

Species: Riolu

Nickname: Rilu (Ree-loo)

Nature: Naughty

Ability: Mischievous Heart (there's a reason)

Personality: Rilu likes to play tricks. She is happiest when playing a trick on someone, usually Adam. However, the tricks can get annoying sometimes. She is also carefree. When in battle, she is quite powerful. This is natural for her species. She is the 'Joker' of the team.

Am I in? It doesn't say Riolu's reserved, but I can change the third pokemon if you want. Also, my SU was in first.

Last edited:

Nakuzami

Years
    Why is it all of you have to sign up while i'm in school? XD

TrueMastermind - Reserved
    MichaelaTheUchiha - Reserved
    Cirrus - Reserved
    Grifspark - Reserved - Since no one else so far wants an ice-type, I will allow you to have Kamashun. Any objections?
    Meduza - Reserved
    Ynfinti8 - Accepted, but please make it so your SU isn't colored all white (or is that just me?)
    Jasonwolf - You are Accepted, just read the note I left for you and Dragonit149.
    Dragonite149 - You will be Pending until Grifspark replies to me right now, if he keeps Riolu, you'll have to change it.

Dragonite149 & Jasonwolf - From experiance of RPing with you two, I know you don't have the best grammer/spelling in the world(no offence), so just try to keep it...legible.

OK, I was hoping for about 1 or 2 people to reply while I was at school, insted I got 8. Well, I guess that's a good thing[:

Edit: OK, I gotta get off the computer for a little while...bye-bye for now[:

Last edited:

dragonite149

I am not male
    Years
    Dragonite149 & Jasonwolf - From experiance of RPing with you two, I know you don't have the best grammer/spelling in the world(no offence), so just try to keep it...legible.
    We all make mistakes. And you don't have the best grammar either. Experience and grammar aren't spelt like that. Anyway, if you tell me where my grammar's bad, I'll improve on it.
    Or maybe it's because the capital p on my keyboard doesn't work? I have to do a word process to get a capital p. First, I type pokemon in word. It brings up the option to spell it with a capital p. I select that option and tada! I have a capital p!

I'll make another pokemon, just in case GrifSpark wants Riolu. I'll reserve Yabukuron.

Back