• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Luckiest Moment...

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
  • Consider this a counter-thread to the one I made a few days ago.

The Most Bull-Crap Moment...

In our time playing POKeMON games across the board, there have been times where we struck the jackpot and we've done something fantastic strictly by luck. Whether it being down to the wire in battle and we get a lucky crit.

Finding a shiny of great value or even actually having the correct ID number for the POKeLottery.

What moment in your POKeMON playing career was the luckiest for you?

diab_low

All men live, only few exist.
    Years
  • Hahahah the luckiest moment must be when I beat the Silver E4 with pokemon in the low 40s

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I can't remember any specific lucky in-battle moments, but I really do like the ones when I strike a KOing critical hit on my opponent when I'm on the verge of losing.

Outside of battle, I'm lucky when it comes to encountering shinies; I owned 4 shinies in Platinum and a legendary shiny in HeartGold before losing both games. I currently own 4 shinies in my White game.

Years
  • Getting a Modest nature on my Reshiram. I just couldn't believe my version Legendary had such a perfect nature.

In battle, in my Black version I beat Ghetsis' Seismitoad with my Samurott's Surf. He was my last Pokemon and was low on HP... I feared Seismitoad would survive and knock me out but I jumped with excitement when I found out I KO'd it.

Years
  • One of the Battle Facilities in gen IV, Hall maybe, I was facing the Brain who has a random Pokemon. I had been through like 40 or 50 battles I can't remember which, all with an Electivire. So my heart sank when she had a Swampert. For some reason though that Swampert was terrible and I ended up winning.

In the same game, I happened to catch Dialga on the first Pokeball I threw. Thought that was pretty lucky, even considering the capture rate.

Rayshin

Lurking to the max.
    Years
  • My first shiny in gen III was my starter, a Squirtle. Go figure.
    I also Crit-KO'd Gary's Blastoise with my Charizard, who was my last pokemon and on low HP, with a 1 PP Blast Burn. Go figure. Again.

~Always.

Years
  • I suppose my luckiest moment was when I was playing Fire Red, and I went to battle Mewtwo in Cerulean Cave. I planned to use my Master Ball on the first turn just to capture him and get it over with, and sure enough, I caught him. Only thing is, when I looked in my bag, my Master Ball was still there. Turned out I used a Poke Ball on my first turn, and it caught Mewtwo at full health without any status problems. I was so dumbfounded at it that I actually released it, since I wasn't going to use it anyway.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Long story short.

(4:10 PM) blood♥SUGAR: i wish i ran into a shiny metang while training
    :(
    i've battled so much **** in the great hall on white
    (4:10 PM) blood♥SUGAR: you think i'dve found a shiny lmao
    (4:11 PM) Aaron Rodgers: lol
    grind all day~
    (4:13 PM) blood♥SUGAR: ;D
    i do lmao
    (4:13 PM) blood♥SUGAR: i never leave great hall v_v except to go battle that guy with level 75 pokemon
    (4:13 PM) Aaron Rodgers: lolnaice

An hour later...

Spoiler:

Ninjagon

Back from a break.
    Years
  • A weekish ago, i got my shiny Ho-oh :D and i've gotten a few other shinies. But it's a funny feeling when you get 3 seven's on the slot's in platinum and emerald :P

Nineray

Green Okido
    Years
  • I guess two of them for me. One was in Black and White i didn't know that the elite became so much more as soon as you beat the main story i was with my level 50 team level 45 deino and my newly hatched larvesta(hatched as i was going to face alder). I made it to alder and managed to take out his entire team except Vanilluxe it had one hp(i was lucky enough for him not to use a full restore when it knock my Samorrot out leaving me with Deino and Larvesta. It murdered deino and i sent out Larvesta. It missed its attack and Larvesta hit it with ember thus beating alder. To this day i still cannot believe what happened. My second was that i found a shiny Litwick during my solo run.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I found a shiny boldore in victory road, thing was every pokemon I had would've ko'd the boldore in one hit and then I remembered every boldore has the ability sturdy. It even had the Adadamant (or however you spell it) nature so it boosted its attack and lowered its spec. attack. I still use it to this day.

Years
  • Catching a Shiny Drilbur on Black, I went "OMG he's Shiny!". He since evolved into Excadrill and he's resting in my PC.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
  • Taking down Lance's entire team with my 1/4 of HP ALAKAZAM alone, using only Psybeam. Took down his SALAMANCE, GARCHOMP, GYARADOS, DRAGONITE, CHARIZARD and ALTARIA (or whatever). I got super lucky with the Confusion ailment. :3

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2013
    My most recent moment wasn't technically anything like getting several shinies in a row, but here it goes. I had a Diglett around level 25 or so, and my opponent sent out a Crawdaunt (Around level 30ish). My Diglett HP's was low from the last battle and the Crawdaunt had full health. I knew this would be my Diglett's last turn, so I decided to atleast damage my opponent's Crawdaunt before being wiped out. So I decided to use Magnitude. And I got a 10, which meant that with STAB its power was at 225, it knocked out the Crawdaunt in one hit. I was sort of surprised, later that I found out that not only had I gotten a 10 on Magnitude but apparently I also got a critical hit. There's also the time where I found a shiny Goldeen on Silver, a shiny Venonat in Pearl, and a shiny Geodude in Heartgold.

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2017
    One of my luckiest moment was when i was playing Sapphire and with great difficulty i managed to reach the top of sky pillar. I battled Rayquaza but it kept breaking out. I only had around 10 ultra balls and didn't want to go through the horror of scaling sky pillar again so i kept battling it. On my 10 try (or maybe even more) i found it as a shiny and the first ultra ball i threw caught it at Yellow HP.

Pokemon Trainer UV

Attractively foolish
    Years
  • I've had several lucky moments, but I can only remember one of them at the moment.
    I was with my last Pokemon: A Floatzel with HP in the yellow, against Cynthia's Roserade that had full HP.
    I just spammed Iron Tail, and prayed that Cynthia would not use a grass attack; and boy I got lucky.

Years
  • When I fought Red in Pokemon Heartgold, I only had one Pokemon left to battle him with, my Feraligatar, which had only 1 hp and was on the verge of dying. So when Red chose his last Pokemon, Pikachu, I used Superpower on it and it was a critical.

Back