• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[~The May Daily Chit-Chat ~]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    You must see the episode we're due to see tomorrow I guess. I don't think I've seen that one, our new episodes are every Tuesday. Or I might've seen it, depends what my camera says (I take pictures of every episode x3).

Hats because of (Yesh, you guessed it, the Simpsons). It was on that monorail episode, what to do with Springfields money and Lisa suggested it be used on the school children, by learning through this special hat thingy, at least I assume it was that episode. Bart did want to kill Principal Skinner in that episode aswell..so yeah. Watch..hmm, I used to lie in bed as a little kid and imagine I could access the Pokemon world through a watch like device, but of course, I don't think about that anymore.

Oh yup, I think I understand that now.. I Only think I do though. XD

Ours are on every Sunday night. The new episodes are okay...

Ummm... yeah. Cartoon ideas once again, don't seem to really seem to be something that can truly become reality. Imagination can't automatically become reality, especially ummm... special hats that receive learning material??

Do you really? Or is that another sarcastic statement?? You can never tell just by text....

Hakeen

-
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2010
    I like seeing the new episodes, they're good. Though I think there is also new ones on Wednesday, and I don't have enough time to watch them that day, so I am just kinda hoping the TV guide was making typo's everyday. At least tonight some good TV is on. XD

Well I know it can't happen, but it'd be good if something like those sorts of hats actually happened. It'd be really interesting. XD
    Um, it wasn't really sarcastic...XD

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    I like seeing the new episodes, they're good. Though I think there is also new ones on Wednesday, and I don't have enough time to watch them that day, so I am just kinda hoping the TV guide was making typo's everyday. At least tonight some good TV is on. XD

Well I know it can't happen, but it'd be good if something like those sorts of hats actually happened. It'd be really interesting. XD
    Um, it wasn't really sarcastic...XD

Some of them are funny, but there are bits that aren't as good.

I'm sure something like that will happen in the future. If there is a future left on this planet by the end of this century.

Oh, ummm okay. XD

Hakeen

-
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2010
    Which parts aren't as good? I tend to like most of it..or as I said before, the imagery of the pictures I'm taking. After I see one image of an episode I'm totally able to remember what it was about. XD

There'll still be a future, we just have to keep hoping that global warming wont get to boiling point. XD And if it doesn't, we have a nice long futuristic life ahead of us. Being born in 1992 personally, was probably the best year to be born in...because we weren't like, in the black and white age, and we aren't too far ahead that global warming could really threaten our lives. XD

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Which parts aren't as good? I tend to like most of it..or as I said before, the imagery of the pictures I'm taking. After I see one image of an episode I'm totally able to remember what it was about. XD

There'll still be a future, we just have to keep hoping that global warming wont get to boiling point. XD And if it doesn't, we have a nice long futuristic life ahead of us. Being born in 1992 personally, was probably the best year to be born in...because we weren't like, in the black and white age, and we aren't too far ahead that global warming could really threaten our lives. XD

Some of the stuff just isn't funny anymore. It used to be, but like most things, are getting old and overused.

"Hoping" isn't going to get us anywhere, it's like what the government here is being blamed for. All talk and no doing. So much for New Zealand being "carbon-netural" and all the other stuff that they promised before the elections in 2005.
    I don't see how being born in 1992 will make any difference. You could be born later in 1993-2000 and still get pretty much the same effect.

Hakeen

-
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2010
    Homers antics are still funny, suprisingly I've never actually laughed at a Simpsons episode. XD I just smile instead, It's like I've forgotten how to laugh, like, full on. XD

I think Australia is talking about nuclear power or something.
    1992 is the best as in school is considered, we got three times more camps than the students born in 1993 did, because we ended up with the teachers they were supposed to have, so we kinda got a double up on extra camps. XD

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Homers antics are still funny, suprisingly I've never actually laughed at a Simpsons episode. XD I just smile instead, It's like I've forgotten how to laugh, like, full on. XD

I think Australia is talking about nuclear power or something.
    1992 is the best as in school is considered, we got three times more camps than the students born in 1993 did, because we ended up with the teachers they were supposed to have, so we kinda got a double up on extra camps. XD

Yeah, some of them done by Homer are. I wonder if the Simpsons movie will feature anything new...

Yes, John Howard is pushing for Nuclear Power to get more votes seeing as he's probably going to lose his seat as Prime Minister, (or at least, that's what I remember hearing about that)
    That doesn't particularly explain it too well. That's a mere coincidence. That kind of stuff isn't exactly lucky or the best.

Hakeen

-
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2010
    I hope it does, I really hope I'm allowed to see it aswell. But with how good I'm doing in school, I might be able to convince my family. XD

He doesn't deserve Prime Minister, I don't likey him..
    It may be a coincidence, but the teachers did stay with us because they liked us the best, if I was born a year later, I probably would have had a different dad..and, I would've missed out on the extra camps I went to. XD We stole their Primary school camps aswell. XD

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
    Some of the stuff just isn't funny anymore. It used to be, but like most things, are getting old and overused.

Are you serious? The Simpsons are so successful because the writers constantly come up with great new material. If The Simpsons were getting old and overused they certainly wouldn't be putting a new movie out. =\

I just read that the United States military is blocking MySpace and YouTube on all their computers and networks overseas, as well as 11 other websites. Insurgents can still access the sites on their own computers if they have one, but of course, not all of them do.

Here's the complete list of banned sites:
    YouTube
    Metacafe
    IFilm
    StupidVideos
    FileCabi
    MySpace
    BlackPlanet
    Hi5
    Pandora
    MTV
    1.fm
    live365
    Photobucket.

Sounds like a big inconvenience if you ask me. One more reason I won't be joining the military.

Years
    I just read that the United States military is blocking MySpace and YouTube on all their computers and networks overseas, as well as 11 other websites. Insurgents can still access the sites on their own computers if they have one, but of course, not all of them do.

Here's the complete list of banned sites:
    YouTube
    Metacafe
    IFilm
    StupidVideos
    FileCabi
    MySpace
    BlackPlanet
    Hi5
    Pandora
    MTV
    1.fm
    live365
    Photobucket.

Sounds like a big inconvenience if you ask me. One more reason I won't be joining the military.

Have a link?

...that is insane. x_X; But it all comes down to one word: OPSEC. (Operations Security; ie, not blabbering about the mission) It gets drilled into EVERYONE'S brains around here, like, seriously. There are so many commercials about OPSEC. Go look up AFN commercials on YouTube and you'll get an idea of how that works. -___-;

I just hope that ban doesn't expand to the ISPs that provide home internet on US air bases overseas. They're not run by the US Government, I assume; it's just on the base, that's all. Of course, that wouldn't surprise me at all, if they managed to get it done. I mean, once soldiers get to their homes, that would mean they can post around all the want. -_-; Then all of the military brats like me would seriously complain. You don't understand how many people around here live on MySpace.

Good news! I'm moving soon, so it doesn't matter if that happens or not. I'll be glad to rid my life of the military. ...except for Tricare :x

And you couldn't get me to join the military if my life depended on it. I've gone though seventeen years as a military brat. That's enough for me. Sure, you do get college and health care, but really... it's too much physical training and being away from home than I want.

On another note, the Navy recruiter around here called me twice. D<

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
    Have a link?

...that is insane. x_X; But it all comes down to one word: OPSEC. (Operations Security; ie, not blabbering about the mission) It gets drilled into EVERYONE'S brains around here, like, seriously. There are so many commercials about OPSEC. Go look up AFN commercials on YouTube and you'll get an idea of how that works. -___-;

I just hope that ban doesn't expand to the ISPs that provide home internet on US air bases overseas. They're not run by the US Government, I assume; it's just on the base, that's all. Of course, that wouldn't surprise me at all, if they managed to get it done. I mean, once soldiers get to their homes, that would mean they can post around all the want. -_-; Then all of the military brats like me would seriously complain. You don't understand how many people around here live on MySpace.

Good news! I'm moving soon, so it doesn't matter if that happens or not. I'll be glad to rid my life of the military. ...except for Tricare :x

And you couldn't get me to join the military if my life depended on it. I've gone though seventeen years as a military brat. That's enough for me. Sure, you do get college and health care, but really... it's too much physical training and being away from home than I want.

On another note, the Navy recruiter around here called me twice. D<

Sure. ^-^ [x]

You'd think there would be some way other than blocking the sites completely to keep everything secure. =\

I think that would be taking it to the extreme if it affected the ISPs, but who knows. It seems they're capable of anything.

I don't think I'd be able to handle growing up in a military family; moving around all the time. One of my best friends had to move away my sophomore year of high school and it was so sad. I've only seen him 2 different times since he's left because he's been overseas most of the time. That's good that you're moving though. You must be so excited! XD

I got recruited hardcore by the military during my senior year of high school. I'd get at least one phone call a week from someone, as well as having people actually come into the school to talk to me. They don't take no for an answer...

Years
    Sure. ^-^ [x]

You'd think there would be some way other than blocking the sites completely to keep everything secure. =\

I think that would be taking it to the extreme if it affected the ISPs, but who knows. It seems they're capable of anything.

I don't think I'd be able to handle growing up in a military family; moving around all the time. One of my best friends had to move away my sophomore year of high school and it was so sad. I've only seen him 2 different times since he's left because he's been overseas most of the time. That's good that you're moving though. You must be so excited! XD

I got recruited hardcore by the military during my senior year of high school. I'd get at least one phone call a week from someone, as well as having people actually come into the school to talk to me. They don't take no for an answer...

And sure enough, OPSEC comes up:
    "This recreational traffic impacts our official DoD network and bandwidth ability, while posing a significant operational security challenge," the memo said. *rolls eyes*

I don't know. In the end, some people just can't keep their mouths shut. And so, we all hear about it.

It is extreme, but I wouldn't doubt it if they tried if there were tons of problems. The good news is that they said it wouldn't affect people at home, so the kids won't cry their eyes out. XD

If you're like me, in a family that moves every four years or so, you really get used to it. It's our reality. People come and go all of the time. In fact, it's moving season right now, so many people are moving right now. We lost some key people in church, in fact.

To me, it'd be odd if I had stayed at one place or one area for all of my life. It's going to be odd thinking about where I'm going after college. Chances are, I'll be staying there for ages. Hopefully I'll have an idea of where to go then.

I am excited! I forgot how hard it is to live overseas. Sure, you get to travel around (if you have parents that'll take you out, that is), but your family is an ocean away. I can't see them for the holidays because it's too expensive for tickets for either sides. None of my family is going to be here for my graduation at all. My mom nearly had to miss it; they were going to deploy her somewhere during June, but she was excused since I was graduating. And it's kind of hard to think about no one being at my graduation when my sister had relatives attend hers since we were in Kansas...
    I also miss the convenience of shopping in the States. Sure, that's trivial, but I still don't like the limited selection. I can't find pants here and my other pants are starting to rip. :/

I haven't had anything other than those two calls. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because I'm so short? XD; Yeah, that's lame. But then again, It might not be so hard to recruit people here. There are kids going into the military after graduation.

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
    I am excited! I forgot how hard it is to live overseas. Sure, you get to travel around (if you have parents that'll take you out, that is), but your family is an ocean away. I can't see them for the holidays because it's too expensive for tickets for either sides. None of my family is going to be here for my graduation at all. My mom nearly had to miss it; they were going to deploy her somewhere during June, but she was excused since I was graduating. And it's kind of hard to think about no one being at my graduation when my sister had relatives attend hers since we were in Kansas...
    I also miss the convenience of shopping in the States. Sure, that's trivial, but I still don't like the limited selection. I can't find pants here and my other pants are starting to rip. :/

I haven't had anything other than those two calls. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because I'm so short? XD; Yeah, that's lame. But then again, It might not be so hard to recruit people here. There are kids going into the military after graduation.

Where are you going to be living exactly? That's a real bummer no extended family will be able to make it to your graduation. At least your mom was able to get out of her deployment though. That would've been just awful if she couldn't have made it.

Shopping? That sounds kind of trivial, but I guess I take it for granted. I've never been in the situation where I can't drive 5 minutes down the road and pick up some new clothes.

It was kind of weird with me. A few times I'd tell the individual trying to recruit me that I had asthma and they would give up immediately. One time I even got hung up on when I mentioned it. Other times the recruiter wouldn't seem to care at all and just continue on with his "preaching". Course, I completely outgrew my asthma as I got older and even ran cross country my last two years of high school. I wasn't about to let them know that though. XDD

Years
    Wow...moving overseas, huh? It's sad because I'd probably never survive that well doing that, solely for the fact I've never even traveled. That in itself would be difficult for me. I'd love to do something like that, but I think I'll just wait until I can vacation overseas first. Hope everything goes well for you in that.

Is there a reason why I'm always hungry every time I post in more random topics like these?

Years
    Where are you going to be living exactly? That's a real bummer no extended family will be able to make it to your graduation. At least your mom was able to get out of her deployment though. That would've been just awful if she couldn't have made it.

Shopping? That sounds kind of trivial, but I guess I take it for granted. I've never been in the situation where I can't drive 5 minutes down the road and pick up some new clothes.

It was kind of weird with me. A few times I'd tell the individual trying to recruit me that I had asthma and they would give up immediately. One time I even got hung up on when I mentioned it. Other times the recruiter wouldn't seem to care at all and just continue on with his "preaching". Course, I completely outgrew my asthma as I got older and even ran cross country my last two years of high school. I wasn't about to let them know that though. XDD

I'll be in Nebraska attending the University of Nebraska there. =)
    My stepdad's family lives in the area, and I like the city, so I figured I'd go there for school. I feel odd though; most kids that are going to college back in the States are going to the east coast. The other kid that's going to Nebraska is going to Omaha.

It is, but I'll have to adjust.
    And I know! I would've been really upset if they'd made her go. I probably would've cried.

Yeah... it's just hard for me because I'm short AND fat around the waist, so the girls jeans are too slim and by the time I get my waist size in juniors, the pant legs are just too long. Sadly, I'm too lazy and cheap to get alterations.

Haha, that's great. XD If they call me, I should tell them I'm only five feet tall and overweight, and we'll see how far that gets me.

Wow...moving overseas, huh? It's sad because I'd probably never survive that well doing that, solely for the fact I've never even traveled. That in itself would be difficult for me. I'd love to do something like that, but I think I'll just wait until I can vacation overseas first. Hope everything goes well for you in that.

Is there a reason why I'm always hungry every time I post in more random topics like these?

No, I live overseas right now. I've been here a little over a year. I'm moving back to the States in July (I think that's when we're arranging it).

Going around and visiting places is really fun. I enjoy experiencing other things. I just wish we'd go out more often. I mean, we live in Germany, and we waste our time on the base, where it's pretty much like the US. If I'm going to lock myself in the house over the weekends, I'd rather do it in the US, not in Europe. Not that the US doesn't have places to go; it's just that it's home, so we can visit anywhere there without paying much. Getting an overseas ticket to visit Europe is expensive. :/
    We are going to visit some places in a few weeks though. We're having a guest over. ^^ I can't wait to visit Paris~

Maybe you just like food. XD

Years
    No, I live overseas right now. I've been here a little over a year. I'm moving back to the States in July (I think that's when we're arranging it).

Going around and visiting places is really fun. I enjoy experiencing other things. I just wish we'd go out more often. I mean, we live in Germany, and we waste our time on the base, where it's pretty much like the US. If I'm going to lock myself in the house over the weekends, I'd rather do it in the US, not in Europe. Not that the US doesn't have places to go; it's just that it's home, so we can visit anywhere there without paying much. Getting an overseas ticket to visit Europe is expensive. :/
    We are going to visit some places in a few weeks though. We're having a guest over. ^^ I can't wait to visit Paris~

Maybe you just like food. XD

Oh...haha. Totally messed that one up. ^^;;

But yeah, totally understandable. I know when I go travel, the only time I want to be indoors really is when I'm sleeping, or pretty much dead exhausted. Do you know what places you're going to visit yet?

Excited about going to University of Nebraska? Have a major yet?

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
    I'll be in Nebraska attending the University of Nebraska there. =)
    My stepdad's family lives in the area, and I like the city, so I figured I'd go there for school. I feel odd though; most kids that are going to college back in the States are going to the east coast. The other kid that's going to Nebraska is going to Omaha.

It is, but I'll have to adjust.
    And I know! I would've been really upset if they'd made her go. I probably would've cried.

Yeah... it's just hard for me because I'm short AND fat around the waist, so the girls jeans are too slim and by the time I get my waist size in juniors, the pant legs are just too long. Sadly, I'm too lazy and cheap to get alterations.

Haha, that's great. XD If they call me, I should tell them I'm only five feet tall and overweight, and we'll see how far that gets me.

That's really cool. My University is slightly smaller than UN, but pretty comparable in size. I'm sure that'll be a good time. ^-^

I wouldn't have blamed you for crying. I couldn't imagine not having my parents at graduation.

Jeans are just hard to fit well in general I think. I'm rather skinny, and always have trouble getting pants that have the length I want with a good waist size as well. I usually end up just having to deal with a large waist and rectify the problem with belts. XD

w00t! I just found and watched Spider-Man: The Alien Suit. It's the 3-part animated version of the basic story of Spider-Man 3. It was interesting seeing the changes from the cartoon series to the movie. They didn't even have Sandman! =OO

Years
    Oh...haha. Totally messed that one up. ^^;;

But yeah, totally understandable. I know when I go travel, the only time I want to be indoors really is when I'm sleeping, or pretty much dead exhausted. Do you know what places you're going to visit yet?

Excited about going to University of Nebraska? Have a major yet?

We're going to Paris, and we're going to a few places around Germany. We're going to Paris for three days over Memorial day weekend. Our family is going on a Rhine river cruise (I may or may not be going), I think we're going to the Black Forest, and then my parents are going to Berlin during school, so I don't go. >:

What's sad is our friend is coming over the days of Prom and Baccholoriate(sp). I'm trying to arrange something for prom, but I'm going to miss the Baccholoriate. That's a shame, it'll be in a cathedral. :/

Yes, I am, despite the money issues. XD; And no, I'm undeclared. D:

That's really cool. My University is slightly smaller than UN, but pretty comparable in size. I'm sure that'll be a good time. ^-^

I wouldn't have blamed you for crying. I couldn't imagine not having my parents at graduation.

Jeans are just hard to fit well in general I think. I'm rather skinny, and always have trouble getting pants that have the length I want with a good waist size as well. I usually end up just having to deal with a large waist and rectify the problem with belts. XD

w00t! I just found and watched Spider-Man: The Alien Suit. It's the 3-part animated version of the basic story of Spider-Man 3. It was interesting seeing the changes from the cartoon series to the movie. They didn't even have Sandman! =OO

I'm sure it will be too. =)

Same here. My stepdad was kind of up in the air as well. He was trying to find employment outside of Germany. Luckily for me, he hasn't managed to find a job. (He isn't unemployed -- he just wants a better job. XD)

Yeah. But in the States, at least there's a larger selection. There's got to be a brand somewhere that'll cater to my body type. Over here, it's so limited, you have to be a stick or order online. D: I'd rather be too skinny than too fat though. At least you can use a belt if you're too skinny.

Oh, that sounds interesting! ^^ Sadly, I haven't seen it. XD;
    I have yet to see Spider-Man 3 though. I think my stepdad wants to see it on Wednesday. We'll see how that goes.

I used to not like comic book super heroes when I was little. Then I watched Spider-Man and X-men and it was all good. XD

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
    Oh, that sounds interesting! ^^ Sadly, I haven't seen it. XD;
    I have yet to see Spider-Man 3 though. I think my stepdad wants to see it on Wednesday. We'll see how that goes.

I used to not like comic book super heroes when I was little. Then I watched Spider-Man and X-men and it was all good. XD

It was pretty good. My only complaint is that there wasn't enough of Venom. But yeah...overall, it was really good.

I'm kind of on the same page as you. I've always been a fan of X-Men, but not so much of Spider-Man. All the movies are very well done though, so it's kind of turned me into a fan. Fantastic Four, Daredevil, Catwoman, etc. are not in the same league as the X-Men and Spider-Man series, so I'm not really into them.

Years
    When you talk about Daredevil. I really like tht movie. I like the whole story.
    I am not into SpiderMan, i have just seen the first movie, and haven't bothered to go see the second.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back