• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[~The May Daily Chit-Chat ~]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hakeen

-
Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2010
    Today I've had close to five...probably seven by the end of the day actually. Three isn't much compaired to seven. XD My poor internet bill.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • Today I've had close to five...probably seven by the end of the day actually. Three isn't much compaired to seven. XD My poor internet bill.

I've had about 7 today I think, but that's because I'm meant to be finishing my project which I seem to have trouble doing so ATM.

Why? Unless your internet is based on $ per Mb I don't see why it'd cost too much. Unless you're going over your bandwith.

Drummershuff

Ultimate Blargification
    Years
  • Sooo, anyone doing anything good during the holiday?
    Before posting again, please read the Chit-Chat forum rules.

Clearly stated is:
    No SPAM Posts.
    Spam is "Stupid. Pointless. Annoying. Messages."
    Don't make any off-topic or spam posts. If you wish to change the current subject, include it after a statement that relates to the topic at hand.

Hakeen

-
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2010
    I've had about 7 today I think, but that's because I'm meant to be finishing my project which I seem to have trouble doing so ATM.

Why? Unless your internet is based on $ per Mb I don't see why it'd cost too much. Unless you're going over your bandwith.

Still haven't finished it? You've had all weekend. XD Oh, do you only include MSN+PC time online? I only include PC time... considering I don't rush to be on MSN. XD I don't count just being on the computer as anything really. Because just being on the computer, not using internet or anything doesn't seem like actual computer usage for me. But that's just my opinion, other people probably count just being logged onto the computer as computer time, even if they aren't there. XD

We owed $1000 because of my time spent online. Pop managed to work that down to $100, but we aren't going to risk over-using the internet. I don't even use Youtube anymore. And the weird thing is, I feel guilty that whenever I'm on the computer I'm costing Nan and Pop more than they actually have, which makes the whole computer time not as pleasant as I'd like it to be. XD

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • Still haven't finished it? You've had all weekend. XD Oh, do you only include MSN+PC time online? I only include PC time... considering I don't rush to be on MSN. XD I don't count just being on the computer as anything really. Because just being on the computer, not using internet or anything doesn't seem like actual computer usage for me. But that's just my opinion, other people probably count just being logged onto the computer as computer time, even if they aren't there. XD

We owed $1000 because of my time spent online. Pop managed to work that down to $100, but we aren't going to risk over-using the internet. I don't even use Youtube anymore. And the weird thing is, I feel guilty that whenever I'm on the computer I'm costing Nan and Pop more than they actually have, which makes the whole computer time not as pleasant as I'd like it to be. XD

Lets just say I'm easily distracted...
    Umm.. no, that counts towards all my time, including movie/anime etc watching. I don't get much time on, and that's actually a good thing.

$1000??? WOW, what were you doing??? That is quite a lot of usage. I suppose different internet plans also account to different overcharge prices but $1000?.....

Hakeen

-
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2010
    Ah, okay. XD Oh, you get loads of time on compaired to some people. Um... I'm still now sure how it got that high, but it did overtime. I think it was like after five months it built up. Because we got that bill around the start of April, but also, having Kodak on the computer also kind of increased the bill for some reason. That's why we've deleted it now, because it was also putting our bill up.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • Well maybe... I should be controlling the amount of time I have on though.
    Yesh, I finished my report.... finally. It's 11:40pm. =/

That doesn't sound right though.... building up of usage over 5 months shouldn't have made the bill in one month particularly high. Kodak? It could be that it needed to access the internet everytime you were using the computer.

Hakeen

-
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2010
    Same, though, at least I don't spend all of my time on the computer on the internet. The computer is meant to be bad for eyes, but at least I can see the board at school, unlike some certain friends who struggle to see large text that is only two centremeters away from them. XD At least I have an hour and a half to finish my homework, though it really is a five-minute thing but I can't be bothered to do solid English homework for that long, I prefer to drag out my time, and then, when nobody is online I consider doing it. XD

I know it doesn't sound right, but it's what happened. Mhm, but it was the first bill we got for a while, the whole internet providers' main computer stuffed up, which let $1000 slip down to 1000 minutes, which made the provider lose alot of money. If we hadn't of had that virus in April, we would have been owing over $1000 now, so I guess the virus came in handy. XD; Yeah, something like that, Kodak attachs itself to every program, so without Kodak, we wouldn't have had internet and such. XD At least now we know we can upload to the computer without Kodak. XD

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • The computer is meant to be bad for eyes

which is why alot of people have problems with there eyes now, they need glasses to see up closley, they say to take a 20 minute break to rest your eyes and then get back on in another 5-10 minutes.

:t354:tatsujin gosuto

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    ...This wasn't how I was supposed to spend my Memorial Day weekend. I was supposed to be in San Jose attending Fanime, but nooo. The one and only opportunity I had to go there, wasted completely.

However, even if I was able to attend Fanime, I don't have the requisite hotel room, cosplay outfit, and adequate spending money. Kinda defeats the whole purpose of the thing, doesn't it?

Paranoia

FC: 1375 3660 8982
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    Lol whatever you do, don't do what I did lol,

I was working at Telstra dome (In Australia) as a vendor so I stand at a food cart and give out food, anyway you have to meet at this place, so I go there and I'm all quiet, and when I get quiet my voice gets dry so when I talk it comes across really weirdly, and that's what happened, someone talked to me, and they mis-heard me thinking I insulted them, wasn't a good first day. xD!

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • If we hadn't of had that virus in April, we would have been owing over $1000 now, so I guess the virus came in handy. XD; Yeah, something like that, Kodak attachs itself to every program, so without Kodak, we wouldn't have had internet and such. XD At least now we know we can upload to the computer without Kodak. XD
    That's umm... weird. What type of program was Kodak using? Attaching itself to every file doesn't sound like a program... more like a parasite.
    My first day at my first job is tomorrow D=
    I haven't even done training yet...
    What's your first job?

I can't get a job yet... as least I don't think so.

Hakeen

-
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2010
    I was working at Telstra dome (In Australia) as a vendor so I stand at a food cart and give out food, anyway you have to meet at this place, so I go there and I'm all quiet, and when I get quiet my voice gets dry so when I talk it comes across really weirdly, and that's what happened, someone talked to me, and they mis-heard me thinking I insulted them, wasn't a good first day. xD!

During a footy match? XD

That's umm... weird. What type of program was Kodak using? Attaching itself to every file doesn't sound like a program... more like a parasite.

I'm not sure really... It was just the normal Kodak... though it took ages to load. Like WLM, so that's why I use MSN instead... XD I can't believe we kept Kodak for so long, the computer took like twenty minutes to load one document. The computer technician-ish guy that we knew said that it's a problem, and not to use it again. Now we can't access our printer, which costs like forty bucks... so that was just a waste of money, thanks to Kodak.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • I'm not sure really... It was just the normal Kodak... though it took ages to load. Like WLM, so that's why I use MSN instead... XD I can't believe we kept Kodak for so long, the computer took like twenty minutes to load one document. The computer technician-ish guy that we knew said that it's a problem, and not to use it again. Now we can't access our printer, which costs like forty bucks... so that was just a waste of money, thanks to Kodak.

I'm not familiar with Kodak as I have a Nikon camera but that seems odd that it was doing so. It could be possible that Kodak contracted a virus and then as it was attached to every file in some way, affected the overall speed of your PC.

I get viruses often for some strangely odd reason, maybe it's because I'm too curious and click almost every link I'm sent... Somehow I'm able to get rid of them without completely killing everything on my computer. But it's always awfully slow when starting if I have the modem plugged in.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back