• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[~The May Daily Chit-Chat ~]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
Years
  • Do you have virus protection? Ours is a ripped off version of something that's actually good. The only problem is, this virus protection is only half as good. So we don't have full protection, and because of that I have to watch the sites I go to. But normally it's the same ones, unless I accidently click an advertisement that contains a virus. And even that isn't likely because most advertisements are just to advertise, not give out free virus' to the public. XD
    I have a fake copy of Norton Antivirus I think, it works to some degree but ends up receiving viruses anyway and crashes my computer.

What I really hate about it is how much memory it takes up during start up, my computer doesn't have enough memory for my liking.
    Firewalls aren't that good to me, they end up blocking everything I actually need. There was even a firewall on the internet once, until we removed it so then we could access the internet. I don't use firefox too, even though it's meant to prevent virus', they just make the mouse go slower while using it. And when I'm meant to scroll, it goes too fast. XD
    I agree. I've turned my firewall off as it blocks way too many things that I'd want to access.

You just don't like FF do you? XD
    viruses = me not happy, XD, my brothers got over 200 viruses on my computer, it took 1 month to get rid of them all, it was very annoying, lol
    1 month?? Couldn't you just have re-installed your OS instead, taking up only about 3 hours of time to install. Copying the files out wouldn't have taken too long... not to the extent of 1 month.

Hakeen

-
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2010
    Yeah it was, Kawaii, I've worked at about 50 of them, it was a good job, :( Although I kinda got fired, coz I didn't ring them back, damn impatient people's, lol But yeah, after working their, I like football now.

Woah, that's pretty kool, too bad you were fired.. I wish I got to work at Subi.. but it's really big, I've only been to one match D: It was boring aswell, but meh, next time the Crows play at Subi, I wanna go... though, they did play at Subi on my B-day.. we had the choice to go to the game or fix the computer. I ended up getting Pop to fix the computer... so I missed out on my favourite team play. But I don't really care.. considering they lost by like one point or something.. now I hate teh Dockers. XD

You just don't like FF do you? XD

Nope. Though, whenever someone sends me a link through MSN, it automatically goes to Firefox, and it really annoys me. The whole tab thing is still confusing to me. XD In my opinion, internet explorer is like.. basic, and for people that don't understand the computer. Actually thinking about it, I should be using firefox, if everything was to do with that theory. XD Just ignore my theory. XD;

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • Nope. Though, whenever someone sends me a link through MSN, it automatically goes to Firefox, and it really annoys me. The whole tab thing is still confusing to me. XD In my opinion, internet explorer is like.. basic, and for people that don't understand the computer. Actually thinking about it, I should be using firefox, if everything was to do with that theory. XD Just ignore my theory. XD;
    That might just be because your settings have FF as the default browser. You could just change that to IE again or, uninstall FF if you want.

Tabbing is in IE7 as well, they copied the idea from FF.

Hakeen

-
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2010
    Uninstalling firefox? Nah, I just can't do that. Pop would get angry at me... really angry, I'm not allowed to uninstall what was origionally installed by him. I'm allowed to uninstall anything I've downloaded though. Oh, and I can't be stuffed to change the default browser. I'm too busy to think about minor little things such as changing the browser. Though, when I think about it, I'm sure the default browser was internet explorer. Unless something changed. XD

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • Uninstalling firefox? Nah, I just can't do that. Pop would get angry at me... really angry, I'm not allowed to uninstall what was origionally installed by him. I'm allowed to uninstall anything I've downloaded though. Oh, and I can't be stuffed to change the default browser. I'm too busy to think about minor little things such as changing the browser. Though, when I think about it, I'm sure the default browser was internet explorer. Unless something changed. XD

Okay, well changing it would stop that from happening.

FF has a function that pops up when you open it. It asks you if you want to it to become your default browser. It is possible that it had been selected. You can change that in your start menu options too...

Hakeen

-
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2010
    I think it's only MSN's default. Everything else is automatically internet explorer. I might try to see whether MSN has some hidden function that makes firefox the default. If I fail... I've just got to hope nobody else sends me website links on MSN. That's only if I'm not concentrating on what I'm doing. I can after all, just copy the address and use it later. But knowing me, I wont think, and I'll just click. It's not like it'll give me some virus, it's meant to protect me from virus'... when it comes to the internet. XD

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Right...
    If you really want to use IE for shortcuts sent via MSN dont click them... just copy them and click an empty area in a folder or on your desktop and right click and click new> shortcut. paste the address and name it then double click the short cut like any other icon on the desktop....

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • I think it's only MSN's default. Everything else is automatically internet explorer. I might try to see whether MSN has some hidden function that makes firefox the default. If I fail... I've just got to hope nobody else sends me website links on MSN. That's only if I'm not concentrating on what I'm doing. I can after all, just copy the address and use it later. But knowing me, I wont think, and I'll just click. It's not like it'll give me some virus, it's meant to protect me from virus'... when it comes to the internet. XD

MSN's default is IE, it always is for some reason >.< I have my default as FF but when I click the email inbox it always opens as IE which is annoying.

Website links in conversations on MSN only change depending on your default browser. It could very well be that your computer settings is on FF as default.

Paranoia

FC: 1375 3660 8982
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    That might just be because your settings have FF as the default browser. You could just change that to IE again or, uninstall FF if you want.

Tabbing is in IE7 as well, they copied the idea from FF.

Yeah they copied it, *cough* more like steal *cough*...Oh excuse me, yeah I hate microsoft nows, they stole nearly every idea from things that are getting more popular, like widgets from macs.

They even got sued, but they didn't care because they were loosing hardly any money.

Inu

Banned
    Years
  • Money? I don't that much momey.
    Sure, some in the locker would be handy.
    Microsoft need to come up with something of theres for a change.
    *Hopes I added good point in*

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 8, 2009
    Then how can she have given you one?
    Well, she sent me something harmful but I'm not sure if it would be classified as a virus. Windows Live One Care said that it detected a threat to my computer's security.

Unless she gave you a disk, and what teacher in their right mind would give a student a virus?
    My teacher is not in the right mind. =O

Hakeen

-
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2010
    Right...
    If you really want to use IE for shortcuts sent via MSN dont click them... just copy them and click an empty area in a folder or on your desktop and right click and click new> shortcut. paste the address and name it then double click the short cut like any other icon on the desktop....

Yeah.. I would do that, except I don't get around to.. Instead, I'll probably end up checking back on that convo months later and see the link, I'd click it, and wont worry about firefox. By then, I probably would have gotten over my hate for firefox, and just carried on with my life as normal. I just opened it up.. it looks so... old style. XD I've always preferred the look of internet explorer, firefox looks like um.. well, if I click one button I could make a mistake. I just prefer the look of internet explorer for some strange reason.... Oh yeah.. it goes with PC's style thingie down the bottom.

MSN's default is IE, it always is for some reason >.< I have my default as FF but when I click the email inbox it always opens as IE which is annoying.

Website links in conversations on MSN only change depending on your default browser. It could very well be that your computer settings is on FF as default.

Well obviously I have a different MSN to you... you do mean MSN right, and not WLM? XD My email inbox is automatically in thunderbird.. even though I did change it to my hotmail email. I just checked, and it wanted me to start up a new thunderbird account, my computer doesn't even have outlook anymore. XD I'm not worried, as long as it still allows hotmail emails. Yeah well.. I'll go check at the main start menu now... actually.. I don't even know what I'm meant to be looking for, I got as far as internet connections, and sign up to new account, but I didn't get any further than that. XD

Oh, and Drahc's grammar plus double post looks funny for some reason. XD

scorpionwarrior

One heck of a crazy guy
    Years
  • 1 month?? Couldn't you just have re-installed your OS instead, taking up only about 3 hours of time to install. Copying the files out wouldn't have taken too long... not to the extent of 1 month.

nope, cause i don't how to do all that, so i had to delete them all manually, hahaha, it was kinda fun watching all those viruses get taken away, mwahahaha, lol

Klonoa

Amaterasu pwns!
    Years
  • I use FF, I like to think of IE as... the browser of the dark ages. I always make my mom mad by telling her IE is horrible, its not that bad but... I like FF better.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • Yeah they copied it, *cough* more like steal *cough*...Oh excuse me, yeah I hate microsoft nows, they stole nearly every idea from things that are getting more popular, like widgets from macs.

They even got sued, but they didn't care because they were loosing hardly any money.
    XD, well yes. Stealing if you really want to put it that way.
    But their stealing actually had made them far richer with everything now pretty much being upgraded since IE6 and XP. It's just their current way of making money.
    Well obviously I have a different MSN to you... you do mean MSN right, and not WLM? XD My email inbox is automatically in thunderbird.. even though I did change it to my hotmail email. I just checked, and it wanted me to start up a new thunderbird account, my computer doesn't even have outlook anymore. XD I'm not worried, as long as it still allows hotmail emails. Yeah well.. I'll go check at the main start menu now... actually.. I don't even know what I'm meant to be looking for, I got as far as internet connections, and sign up to new account, but I didn't get any further than that. XD

Maybe you do.... well I have both the old MSN and the latest WLM installed so um...

Well if you have Windows XP, then from the start menu you can go into options and change your settings for default browser and default email provider.
    Hotmail will always work as long as you have access to the internet and the hotmail website. It's not like it's POP3 and you're downloading it to your computer via programs such as Outlook or Thunderbird.
    nope, cause i don't how to do all that, so i had to delete them all manually, hahaha, it was kinda fun watching all those viruses get taken away, mwahahaha, lol

... Manually? Sometimes that triggers um... bigger things to happen. I've tried deleting everything manually and that almost completely killed this computer.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • Yeah they copied it, *cough* more like steal *cough*...Oh excuse me, yeah I hate microsoft nows, they stole nearly every idea from things that are getting more popular, like widgets from macs.

XD, well yes. Stealing if you really want to put it that way.
    But their stealing actually had made them far richer with everything now pretty much being upgraded since IE6 and XP. It's just their current way of making money.

Maybe you do.... well I have both the old MSN and the latest WLM installed so um...

Well if you have Windows XP, then from the start menu you can go into options and change your settings for default browser and default email provider.
    Hotmail will always work as long as you have access to the internet and the hotmail website. It's not like it's POP3 and you're downloading it to your computer via programs such as Outlook or Thunderbird.

... Manually? Sometimes that triggers um... bigger things to happen. I've tried deleting everything manually and that almost completely killed this computer.

Soari

Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 26, 2015
    I have WLM the new version of it and also have the old Messenger but I dont use it because its too old.

StarLightUmbreon

Moonlight Traveler
    Years
  • Well MSN from what i know is messing up a lot. Everyone i know has had something go wrong with it and in a few had way worse then most of us.

I tried to WLM but the was even worse then MSN xX

Right now I am just waiting to see whats up with it.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • There's something wrong with the MSN server or some of their systems. Messages sometimes aren't being sent when you send them and are just bounced back right now.

WLM is better than MSN, but as they basically are the same thing, both of them currently have problems.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back