• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2021
    Ok, forget me doing cartridge SoulSilver; it's far too difficult to grind my team on there and I really don't have the attention span to sit down and grind for half an hour. So, I'm restating (no, not restarting) my Poison Ultimate.

Username: Feraligatr13
    Type: Poison
    Games: Silver, Sapphire, Pearl, Black 2, Y (once I find it :l, I've still got my previous progress on there)
    Previous Progress: LeafGreen, 1 badge on Y

The bolded game will be my current game.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
  • Whatsup? Since i'm getting a 3DS soon, i decided to try the challenge again, for Fairy types.

Username: Blastin'Tyruntz
    Game: Pokemon Y (can't use Yveltal anyway but that's the version im going for!)
    Type: Fairy.
    Progress: NONE.

I'll start when i'll get my 3DS, is that alright?

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Whatsup? Since i'm getting a 3DS soon, i decided to try the challenge again, for Fairy types.

Username: Blastin'Tyruntz
    Game: Pokemon Y (can't use Yveltal anyway but that's the version im going for!)
    Type: Fairy.
    Progress: NONE.

I'll start when i'll get my 3DS, is that alright?
    You could likely swap Yvetal for Xerneas on the GTS quite easily.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Forum User Name: Cordelia
    Pokémon Type: Fairy
    Challenge Type: Single
    Game: Y
    Previous Progress: Yes.
    Sorry, mac. You're not allowed to play this challenge. I guess you'll just have to go somewhere else... :P

(I'm joking, mac. Welcome to the challenge!)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Sorry, mac. You're not allowed to play this challenge. I guess you'll just have to go somewhere else... :P

(I'm joking, mac. Welcome to the challenge!)

Hahaha, first Syd then Mac? MOD PARTY FOR THE WIN!

But while i'm here, guess i'll do myself another Monotype. Should give me an excuse to post in this thread after a while, no?

Username: [supporter]Crackle[/supporter]
    Pokémon Type: Dark
    Game: X
    Previous Progress: No

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • Today I completed what was left of my Ultimate Normal Mono Challenge with White 2 and Platinum! With that all six generations are complete and I am the best. Thank you for your time.

Sylvie18

Stray Cat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 1, 2015
    So bad news is my internets down for a month, i'll sponge off a friend now and then when i need to post. Good news is i get a little more time for my challenge :)

- Fire ultimate monotype challenge -
    Leaf Green
    Soul Silver 5/16

update #3
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Team:
    Spoiler:

Badges:
    The Monotype Challenge
    The Monotype Challenge
    The Monotype Challenge
    The Monotype Challenge
    The Monotype Challenge

Last edited:

Etherion

Pokemon Expert Emerald Dark Monotype Run (Final Update)

Current Badges:

Spoiler:

Screenshots (VICTORY ROAD, E4 and CHAMPION BATTLES)
    Spoiler:

The Monotype Challenge

Terrors of the Night

The Monotype Challenge

Name: Envy
    Level: 93
    Moves: Strength|Iron Tail|Howl|Crunch

The Monotype Challenge

Name: Lust
    Level: 95
    Moves: Crunch|Leaf Blade|Extrasensory|Rock Tomb

The Monotype Challenge

Name: Sloth
    Moves: Surf|Ice Beam|Crunch|Brick Break

The Monotype Challenge

Name: Greed
    Moves: Shadow Ball|Confuse Ray|Recover|Will-o-Wisp

The Monotype Challenge

Name: Wrath
    Level: 96
    Moves: Sunny Day|Solar Beam|Flamethrower|Crunch

The Monotype Challenge

Name: Pride
    Moves: Toxic|Protect|Moonlight|Confuse Ray​

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • ANNOUNCEMENT!

So I've given it some thought, and I've come to the decision that I'm gonna change the way I record people's progress in this challenge. More often than not, after a couple days any badge progress I list is outdated. So instead of spending hours going through posts and changing badge numbers just to have them be out of date until the next week, I am going to stop tracking badges and just look for people finishing their challenges. I still want you guys to post updates because it helps me know that the challenge is still active. This will also let me pay more attention to when questions are asked and if people are following the rules. So starting this Saturday, expect the OP to change a decent bit and don't be surprised if the badge numbers are missing. Have a nice day!

Years
  • So does that mean when you're updating, you'll only be listing people who complete their challenges? Is that what you'll be doing?

Either way, i'll start my next Monotype.

X Dark Monotype, Update #1

Spoiler:

So here's my team:
    Spoiler:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • So does that mean when you're updating, you'll only be listing people who complete their challenges? Is that what you'll be doing?
    I'm just not including badge count. Current challengers will still be listed with their respective games. Especially in the case of Ultimates.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    Update: I've gotten my first gym badge with AZURILL of all Pokemon. I've had a really hard time getting it to level to Marill :/ It's level 21 right now ugh lol. I'm working through to my second badge and hopefully getting it to evolve to a Marill then an Azumarill. :3 It's lonely with Huge Power. I caught a Flabebe that's modest too n_n so that's pretty awesome. I haven't used her at all really yet.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2016
    Hey guys i just got my pokemon Y version a couple days ago and i saw this post and thought it'd be a fun way to get through my game.

Username: Lacangel
    Pokémon Type: Fairy
    Game: Y
    Previous Progress: No (im sitting at the table deciding my nickname with my buds right now)
    **since i dont want to double post i just thought i'd let you guys see my updates**

-choose my starter pokemon Fennekin and beat my rival easy (she chose Chespin)
    -chose my nickname "Big V"
    -got through the annoying forest and onto Santalune City
    -CAUGHT MY 1ST FAIRY POKEMON AZURILL!! (though she is terribly weak and training her is a pain)

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    5th Update, Fire Challenge, Black 2:
    -cleared Route 5 and defeated Charles
    -arrived in Driftveil City
    -met with the ex-Plasma members
    -figured Clay would give me a hard time, so I spent some time grinding, which you can actually do in Gen 5, unlike in Platinum
    -Darumaka evolved
    -Pignite evolved
    -took on the Driftveil gym. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Not sure if it was because its actually easy or if I overleveled. Though I bet if I didn't grind it'd've been a pain in the ass. Darmanitan handled most of the gym. Sheer Force (yay no more Hustle) Fire Punches are basically Falcon Punches at this point in the game. Clay was easy too. Watch, it'll be Skyla who gives me the most trouble.
    -evolved Growlithe
    -entered the PWT and won. It's hard to lose when the game sets the opponent's levels to 25 but doesn't touch yours
    -kicked some ass on the Plasma Frigate. Love how the grunts think that attacking in a group would allow them to win. Guys, there'd have to be like 50 of you, and I'd have to be alone and drunk for you to even begin to have a chance at winning.....
    -entered Relic Passage from the Driftveil side and made my way to Volcarona. So I will finally have another Fire type on my team soon.....

Current Badges (even though you're no longer doing badge counts):
    The Monotype ChallengeThe Monotype ChallengeThe Monotype ChallengeThe Monotype ChallengeThe Monotype Challenge

Current Team:
    The Monotype ChallengeThe Monotype ChallengeThe Monotype Challenge
    I feel like I'm burning through this challenge fast....5 badges already.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2016
    2nd Update for Monotype Single Challange Pokemon Y

-trained my pain in the butt auzrill to lvl 14 it learned bubblebeam at lvl 13 so it gained a little bit of power. the gym was a close and fierce battle it came down to me winning with a critial hit on bubblebeam which proc'd and slowed Vermillion's speed just enough to allow me to go 1st next turn and win with 3 hp!!!

- ventured onto route 4. Caught 2 more fairy type pokemon to add to my team!!!! I caught a lvl 7 Flabebe and a lvl 8 ralts!!!!!!!!

Current Fairy Team:

Pokemon: Azurill
    Level: 15
    Type: Normal / Fairy

Pokemon: Flabebe
    Level: 7
    Type: Fairy

Pokemon: Ralts
    Level: 8
    Type: Psychic / Fairy

Years
  • Ignore the fairy post can't get on my laptop to use my emulator. Going to try this one as I never use bug types so should be interesting!

Username: DaveT
    Pokemon type: bug
    Challenge type: single
    Game: pokemon y
    Previous progress: no

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    So far, I haven't gotten my second badge yet but I've traveled significantly and I'm in the cave where I first meet Team Flare. Along the way, I picked up a Brave Mawile and a Sassy Spiritzee <3 They're pretty good so far. Azumarill is now the driving force on my team at level 25, but Floette is right behind her at level 20. Working pretty well so far, I'd say. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back