• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Most Forgettable Pokemon

Project.

Tarot reading;
Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 5, 2010
    Pinsir is pretty dead. Its brother Heracross gets all the attention.

Forretress is pretty common in battles. But Pineco I don't think I've seen one. Ive only got one from breeding.
    Finneon is pretty dead, too. Only one place to catch it and no one bothers to get one.

Demigod

umop ap!sdn
    Years
  • Definitely one in the generation IV for me.. Been playing since the beginning of the series but I didn't watch the 4th generation yet. Obviously all the new comers are into the 4th generation so there gonna say other ones.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Guys you do know the meaning of the word 'forgettable' right? Common Pokemon that you find in the beginning of several games are definitely not forgettable.

I can't remember it's name, but whatever Snorunt evolves into that isn't Glalie.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • Dleibird and Dugtrio are pretty forgotten. You never hear much abou them now :(

Zorua and Zoraork have been pretty forgotten since the new 5th gen came out.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • List of Pokemon that should not exist:

Rattata, Raticate
    Golbat
    Seel, Dewgong
    Krabby, Kingler
    Voltorb, Electrode
    Exeggcute
    Goldeen, Seaking
    Omastar
    Furret
    Noctowl
    Lanturn
    Cleffa
    Igglybuff
    Flaafy
    Bellossom
    Sudowoodo
    Politoed
    Hoppip, Skiploom, Jumpluff
    Sunkern, Sunflora
    Wooper, Quagsire
    Misdreavus
    Unown
    Girafarig
    Dunsparce
    Qwilfish
    Teddiursa, Ursaring
    Swinub, Piloswine
    Remoraid, Octillery
    Porygon 2
    Stantler
    Tyrogue
    Blissey
    Linoone
    Silicoon, Beautifly
    Taillow, Swellow
    Masquerain
    Shroomish, Breloom
    Nincanda
    Nosepass
    Skitty, Delicatty
    Mawile
    Plusle, Minun
    Volbeat, Illumise
    Grumpig
    Vibrava, Flygon
    Barboach, Whiscash
    Castform
    Shuppet
    Chimecho
    Wynaut
    Snorunt
    Clamperl
    Beldum, Metang, Metagross
    Regirock, Regice, Registeel
    Latias, Latios (should evole from Togetic)
    Jirachi
    Deoxys
    Starly, Staravia, Staraptor
    Kricketot, Kricketune
    Luxio
    Budew, Roserade
    Burmy, Wormadam
    Mothim
    Pachirishu
    Cherubi, Cherrim
    Shellos, Gastrodon
    Boneary, Lopunny
    Chingling
    Bronzor, Bronzong
    Bonsly
    Mime Jr.
    Happiny
    Spiritomb
    Hippopotas, Hippowdon
    Skorupi, Drapion
    Finneon, Lumineon
    Mantyke
    Magnezone
    Lickilicky
    Rhyperior
    Magmortar
    Togekiss
    Yanmega
    Glaceon
    Porygon-Z
    Gallade
    Probopass
    Dusknoir
    Frosglass
    Uxie, Mespirit, Azelf
    Dialga, Palkia
    Regigas
    Phione, Manaphy
    Shaymin
    Darkrai
    Arceus

List of Pokemon that should be better than they are:

Tentacruel
    Marowak
    Rhydon
    Kangaskhan
    Electabuzz
    Magmar
    Pinsir
    Gyarados (why flying?)
    Kabutops
    Aipom
    Sneasel
    Gardevoir
    Milotic
    Tropius
    Bolded I dissagree.
    Italics I agree.

Some of the pokemon you have mentioned are actually quite useful, it makes me think you haven't actually had much experience using them. But that's just a guess. XD Gyarados is a great pokemon, but I think it should be Water/Dragon instead of Water/Flying like you mentioned. When I found out I was like wtf! D:

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2010

Bolded I dissagree.
    Italics I agree.

Some of the pokemon you have mentioned are actually quite useful, it makes me think you haven't actually had much experience using them. But that's just a guess. XD Gyarados is a great pokemon, but I think it should be Water/Dragon instead of Water/Flying like you mentioned. When I found out I was like wtf! D:

OK let me add some explanations...

Rattata, Raticate, Seel, Dewgong, Krabby, Kingler, Goldeen, Seaking, Furret, Noctowl, Qwilfish, Teddiursa, Ursaring, Swinub, Piloswine, Remoraid, Octillery, Stantler, Linoone, Silicoon, Beautifly, Taillow, Swellow, Skitty, Delicatty, Volbeat, Illumise, Grumpig, Clamperl, Starly, Staravia, Staraptor, Kricketot, Kricketune, Boneary, Lopunny, Hippopotas, Hippowdon, Finneon, Lumineon - Utterly uninspired. These are animals, not Pokemon.

Golbat - Unnecessary - should go straight from Zubat to Crobat. I don't like the way they gave it eyes and a ridiculously large mouth.

Voltorb, Electrode - Stupid. I like the idea of them disguising themselves as Pokeballs but how do they move? They must have some sort of ghost inside them, in which case they should be of the ghost type.

Exeggcute - No means of propelling itself. I love Exeggcutor though, so maybe I'm being a bit harsh. It's just that most Pokemon lay eggs and I find it weird that these ones fight in battle... how exactly?

Omastar - It should exist but it's just not good enough for me. Not nearly as good as the other ancient Pokemon.

Lanturn - I just don't like it. I liked it's prevolution but I feel that they should have given it more lights or something rather than making it into a dolphin with the same lights.

Cleffa, Igglybuff, Wynaut, Bonsly, Mime Jr., Happiny, Mantyke - Stupid baby Pokemon. The real babies are Charmander/Bulbasaur; at least they have something about them and aren't virtually useless and copies of each other.

Flaafy - I don't get why it's pink when the other two are yellow.

Bellossom, Politoed - Makes no sense that they're related to the other guys.

Sudowoodo - I just don't like this one.

Hoppip, Skiploom, Jumpluff - I just don't feel that there's much of a progression, it's just like three copies of the same Pokemon. And just because they're light and can jump around like they're on the moon, doesn't mean they should be flying types.

Sunkern, Sunflora - Uninspired, plants not Pokemon.

Wooper, Quagsire - Hmm. I've changed my mind. They're alright.

Misdreavus - Too much like the head of a woman. Raises lots of philosophical questions about whether people living in Pokemon land can turn into Pokemon after a horrific death or something.

Unown - I just think it's a really stupid concept and design.

Girafarig - As above. What is that thing on its tail? Just weird.

Dunsparce - Self explanatory.

Porygon 2 - In what way is it better than the ordinary Porygon? One would think that in the Pokemon world, after the creations of Mewtwo, they would have realised that it's a bad idea to keep trying to create Pokemon.

Tyrogue - Ugliest Pokemon ever.

Blissey - Just makes you feel bad for Chansey. Why would you have a Chansey working as a nurse for you when you can have a Blissey?

Masquerain, Mawile, Chimecho, Snorunt, Deoxys, Burmy, Wormadam, Cherubi, Cherrim, Chingling, Bronzor, Bronzong, Spiritomb, Frosglass, Uxie, Mespirit, Azelf, Dialga, Palkia - I can't work out what these are supposed to be. Digimon?

Shroomish, Breloom, Nincanda, Nosepass, Barboach, Whiscash - Ugly.

Plusle, Minun - Eurgghhh I hate Pikachu copies and I hate 'two for the price of one' Pokemon. Waste of space in the Pokedex.

Vibrava, Flygon - I think they only made these because Yanma was such a failure.

Castform - Nice idea but not very good at the end of the day.

Shuppet - Banette is suffice on its own.

Beldum, Metang, Metagross, Regirock, Regice, Registeel - Digimon.

Latias, Latios - Should evole from Togetic.

Jirachi - Legendary for the sake of being legendary. And how is it steel type?

Luxio - Pointless middle ground.

Budew, Roserade - Just a copy of that other one that has flowers.

Pachirishu - This is a squirrel Pikachu.

Magnezone, Lickilicky, Rhyperior, Magmortar, Togekiss, Yanmega, Dusknoir - I think the only reason these exist is because they didn't make the prevolutions strong enough. And so they ended up making them look ridiculously over-elaborate instead.

Glaceon - I think they took the evee-lutions too far here.

Porygon-Z - Now they're just taking the piss.

Gallade - It's a feminine Pokemon. Just let it be. This is like making a male version of Jynx or a female version of Tauros.

Phione, Manaphy, Shaymin - There's nothing legendary about them as far as I can see.

Darkrai - I just don't like it. Digimon style design... hasn't really got anything uniquely interesting about it... certainly doesn't stand out as legendary... doesn't make sense that it's the dark type and not the ghost type...

Arceus - I just think it's over the top.

Pan

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2023
    I can never remember tangela. Or any of those new evolutions to gen 1 pokemon they added in gen 4.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2012
    For me, the most forgotten Gen II Pokemon is Slugma. Not because I forgot it existed, but because until HG I honestly thought it was a Gen III mon.

Ricochet Orange

The one who needed a new forum
    Years
  • List of Pokemon that should not exist:

Rattata, Raticate
    Golbat
    Seel, Dewgong
    Krabby, Kingler
    Voltorb, Electrode
    Exeggcute
    Goldeen, Seaking
    Omastar
    Furret
    Noctowl
    Lanturn
    Cleffa
    Igglybuff
    Flaafy
    Bellossom
    Sudowoodo
    Politoed
    Hoppip, Skiploom, Jumpluff
    Sunkern, Sunflora
    Wooper, Quagsire
    Misdreavus
    Unown
    Girafarig
    Dunsparce
    Qwilfish
    Teddiursa, Ursaring
    Swinub, Piloswine
    Remoraid, Octillery
    Porygon 2
    Stantler
    Tyrogue
    Blissey
    Linoone
    Silicoon, Beautifly
    Taillow, Swellow
    Masquerain
    Shroomish, Breloom
    Nincanda
    Nosepass
    Skitty, Delicatty
    Mawile
    Plusle, Minun
    Volbeat, Illumise
    Grumpig
    Vibrava, Flygon
    Barboach, Whiscash
    Castform
    Shuppet
    Chimecho
    Wynaut
    Snorunt
    Clamperl
    Beldum, Metang, Metagross
    Regirock, Regice, Registeel
    Latias, Latios (should evole from Togetic)
    Jirachi
    Deoxys
    Starly, Staravia, Staraptor
    Kricketot, Kricketune
    Luxio
    Budew, Roserade
    Burmy, Wormadam
    Mothim
    Pachirishu
    Cherubi, Cherrim
    Shellos, Gastrodon
    Boneary, Lopunny
    Chingling
    Bronzor, Bronzong
    Bonsly
    Mime Jr.
    Happiny
    Spiritomb
    Hippopotas, Hippowdon
    Skorupi, Drapion
    Finneon, Lumineon
    Mantyke
    Magnezone
    Lickilicky
    Rhyperior
    Magmortar
    Togekiss
    Yanmega
    Glaceon
    Porygon-Z
    Gallade
    Probopass
    Dusknoir
    Frosglass
    Uxie, Mespirit, Azelf
    Dialga, Palkia
    Regigas
    Phione, Manaphy
    Shaymin
    Darkrai
    Arceus

List of Pokemon that should be better than they are:

Tentacruel
    Marowak
    Rhydon
    Kangaskhan
    Electabuzz
    Magmar
    Pinsir
    Gyarados (why flying?)
    Kabutops
    Aipom
    Sneasel
    Gardevoir
    Milotic
    Tropius

Let's just put every Pokemon! Honestly, half my favourites are on that list. >_>
    Like Politoed (my favorite, of all time), Drapion, Grumpig, Quagsire to name a few. I'm a fan of the unpopular Pokemon. Pokemon would get boring fast if it was just the same old overused popular Pokemon in every fight.

Any way the most forgettable... Nosepass' evolution. Probobass.
    The Most Forgettable Pokemon

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2011
    Uhh... The male evolution of Burmy. Mothim, yeah. Because of it's female evolution, Wormadam, has three types of evolutions I don't forget about it. Buuut Mothim on the other hand I forget it exists half the time.

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    Volbeat and Illumise. :P I wouldn't even have remembered them if someone hadn't posted a picture of them.

Mickeycricky

Mickeycricky
    Years
  • The thing that evolves from Sunkern. I can't even think of it's name. It's like a sunflower or a dandelion.

Zameric

The One and Only
    Years
  • I guess I'm a nerd since I hardly ever forget a pokemon, but I think the ones that could be the most forgettable are pokemon like Gligar, Delibird, Glalie, Clamperl evos, Corsola, etc. There might be some of the Gen V pokes that'll be easily forgettable too.

Demigod

umop ap!sdn
    Years
  • Mothim
    Cherubi,
    Shellos, Gastrodon
    Boneary, Lopunny
    Chingling
    Cleffa
    Igglybuff
    Flaafy
    and a lot more from the 4th gen.