• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The name of the "third version"?

And who is the mascot?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Varenox

Poketopia master
Years
  • I know the game is called Topaz for a fact and im pretty sure Gritana is the main focus. Don't argue with me about the name. I ahve my sources and they are never wrong.

Now, a name would help, they've already used Diamond and Pearl, so it has to be a gem... A gem to go with Mesprit, I was think quartzite, the pink sort of stone.

Conclusion: Game name - Pokemon Quartzite.

Just logic, really.
    They already used Quartz. I just got one on Ebay. It was never released in the U.S. but this guy got his hands on on, hacked the code, and copied it.

Last edited:

Supreme Dirt

used Petal Dance
    Years
    • Age 32
    • o3o
    • Seen Dec 4, 2014
    It might be Mesprit. I figure Pokemon Amethyst will be the next one.

I know the game is called Topaz for a fact and im pretty sure Gritana is the main focus. Don't argue with me about the name. I ahve my sources and they are never wrong.

They already used Quartz. I just got one on Ebay. It was never released in the U.S. but this guy got his hands on on, hacked the code, and copied it.

Pokemon Quartz is a fake game.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I voted Darkrai, after reading stuff on the internet as everything. But after reading this thread, the most sense-making arguement is Giratina and Opal. Im not saying every other option is wrong, but it makes the most sense to me.

But someone said about the gems on Dialga and Palkia, and the only other Pokémon legendaries in 4 Gen with gems on them, are Manaphy and Phione. Because Phione breeds from Manaphy and no other specific way of getting it without trading, i thinks it rules out phione. But Manahpy could still make sense. The version exclusive Pokémon doesnt have to be caught before the Elite 4. Rayquaza in emerald, although you do see him beforehand, you cannot catch him until afterwards. And in Gold/Silver. If i remember rightly, one of the birds cant be caught till you enter Kanto aswell, not 100% sure, but it rings a bell, that old geezer in Pewter? Gives you one of the wings (Silver/Rainbow)?

It not that difficult to just change the story line abit, to allow you to catch Manaphy in the third D/P, and then this would be the most logical way of getting him in D/P.

Zellbeast

I am SNORLAX!!!.....ZzZzZzZzZ
    Years
  • Maybe It's Berlitz.... I got this from Serebii.net do to the third trainer in the Manga being Berlitz. This is just a guess do to the third person in the manga often times is the third game... This is only a 50%. Edit: I just read into it and that is not her first name meaning her real first name is the third games name.

Last edited:

Yoshiko75

Shadow of the Night
    Years
  • Anyone ever notice how Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina all have the same eyes? No other Pokémon has eyes like theirs. Hmmmm...perhaps this is evidence to Giratina being the mascot. I also read somewhere that Giratina has connections with opals, so maybe the game would be named "Pokémon Opal".

Last edited:

Yoshiko75

Shadow of the Night
    Years
  • what if the main pokemon was not from shinou pokedex what about the old pokemon like celebi

I highly doubt that would happen. Normally, the Pokémon shown on the cover of a Pokémon game is used to promote the region it is from. Because Celebi is from Johto, it would make no sense for it to be the "third Pokémon" of a Sinnoh game.

Zellbeast

I am SNORLAX!!!.....ZzZzZzZzZ
    Years
  • True....

Anyone ever notice how Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina all have the same eyes? No other Pokémon has eyes like theirs. Hmmmm...perhaps this is evidence to Giratina being the mascot. I also read somewhere that Giratina has connections with opals, so maybe the game would be named "Pokémon Opal".
    True the eyes are very close... It probably is Giratina. Maybe Pokemon Opal, there is 50/50 chance. Well thats it. *vanishis in to another world* Why am I on mars?

Last edited:
    Years
  • This page appears to show trio of the 'Pokémon Universe'. It is in French, i think, and thats not my strong point, but it appears to compare Groudon to Kyogre, and those both to Rayquaza, who are obviously the Hoenn mascots. Lower down, it compares Dialga to Palkia, and then these inturn to Giratina. It also appears to refer to Opal (shown as Opale) related to Diamond and Pearl (Diamant, Perle). Although, lower down, another picture compares these two Gen 4 mascots to Arceus, a 'Galaxy' diagram has been constructed, apparently showing legendary Pokémon's relationships in Hoenn and Sinnoh, with, yet again, Giratina on the same scale as Dialga and Palkia. Arceus is, however, on the same ring as Mew, and the 'Primive' (not sure what that means, looks French after all) egg of the trio, Azelf, Uxie and Mesprit.

More proof for Giratina, and Opal as the game, then?

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2009
    this gen makes it difficult because of all the legends but since darkrai had a movie the should give him the third game

Gamewhale

lol --
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2012
    I say Giratina. Why? Because it's part dragon type, like the other two, it has it's own "jewel," like the other two, and it has a trio counter part (Uxie), like the other two (Azelf for Dialga and Mesprit for Palkia). And I think the name of the game will be Girasol. :)

blubergate

Knowledgeable Pokemon Master!!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2013
    Lets compare Emerald to Opal/Platinum/whatever

Emerald Whatever
    Kyogre and Groudon Dialaga and Palkia?
    catch rayaquaze before e4 Giratina befor e4?
    slight changes to the 1st 2 slight changes to the 1st 2?

If there is a third game it's not hard to see what will happen

*note* look what is on the edges of giratinas wings...SOME SORT OF STONE!!!

gotron228

^_^
    Years
  • I think mespirit shoudl be the legendary for the 3rd game seeing suicunewasnt importent and they made crystal but the real reason mespirit should be becuase it's the pokemon that had a bond with you if anyone remembers

Kylo

Squirrel Maniac
    Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2014
    I think it should be called Pokemon Jet Version. A jet is a black gem, and then Darkrai would fit that very well. Besides, he's the coolest legendary anyway.

Dark Jay

Requiem of Darkness
    Years
  • Pokemon Onyx with Lucario.

However that's only because Lucario is likely to feature as a mascot. I would love to have Pokemon Aquamarine with Manaphy. :)

Arrmegedden

dang roosters
    Years
  • Totally giratina because he is the third dragon of diamond and pearl. and hes the coolest pokemon ever.

Guardian Soul

Erika's Successor
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2008
    All signs point to Giratina being the third mascot, with Opal pretty much being It's name.

Reasons:

-Giratina is a Dragon and fits in with Palkia and Dialga this way
    -Giratina's wings have designs on them which resembles girasol opals
    -Comes from another dimension, just like Palkia and Dialga
    -Giratina's name is derived from girasol, an opal
    -Nintendo copyrighted Pokémon Opal
    -Nintendo also copyrighted Topaz, but I doubt they'd be stupid enough to go "HEY WE HAVE A LEGENDARY THAT FITS IN WITH OPAL SO WELL WHICH IS BASICALLY BASED OFF OF AN OPAL BUT HOWS ABOUT WE CALL IT TOPAZ HAHA!" I think the only way they'd use Topaz is if you get two more games instead of one
    -Giratina's face is similair to Dialga and Palkia's
    -On the movie poster it definately looks like Giratina is the third

I mean come on, look at all of this information, It's quite obvious that it will be Giratina and that the next game will be Opal Version. And people shouldn't say that just because he wasn't in the Sinnoh dex, he shouldn't be the third. It actually gives him more reason to be the third mascot because he wasn't relevant in the first game.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back